idolforums.com
Elliott

The Drag Race Rankdown #2

34 minutes ago, vee_ said:

12 hours is kinda unfair to me living across the globe... even with  lockdown 😥

I didn't think of that. I'll adjust it up to 18. :yes:

Randomiser always has me near the bottom and that isn’t good for everyone else since there’s less queens! 🤣

Nominations:

Nina Bo’Nina Brown

Aja (All-Stars 3)

Bebe Zahara Benet (All-Stars 3)

Monét X Change (S10)

Kameron Michaels

Monét X Change (All-Stars 4)

Naomi Smalls (All-Stars 4)

Valentina (All-Stars 4)

Roxxxy Andrews (AS2)

Joslyn Fox

Advantage to whomever saves Kameron Michaels

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Save AS4 Valentina

Cut AS3 BeBe

unprofessional pizza GIF

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

episode 1 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
Aja (AS3)

This set of nominations absolutely suck and it was difficult to decide who to cut since so many strong queens were nominated.

I wasn’t an Aja fan during her original run but she came back fighting and to redeem herself during AS3. Aja has fixed her mug, her outfits were on point, she sold what she was selling and I bought it! The first challenge was the talent show and she placed in the top two with a performance of her own song. Her performance was clearly the best of the week and she lipsynced her backside off during “Anaconda” which was ICONIC! The second week brought a Drag Race take on VH1 Divas. Aja had to portray Amy Winehouse, which was decent. I don’t think Amy was the most memorable amongst the bunch but she did well. I also thought her runway this week was decent but I expected a lot more based on the first week. Week three brought a comedy challenge and Aja wasn’t the best. Aja isn’t known for her comedic acting and this was proven when she was against the likes of Kennedy, who did absolutely amazing. She landed in the bottom three but was saved because of Kennedy’s hatred for Milk ❤️ Week four was Snatch Game and Aja did decent. She portrayed Crystal LaBeija and was pretty in character the entire way through. She just happened to be overshadowed by a few other queens and this was starting to become a theme. She did deliver on the runway so I’ll give her massive praise for that! Her flower runway was absolutely gorgeous. The next challenge was absolute trash and must’ve been thought of last minute. Create your own soup can and create a disco look... okay. Aja helped BeBe create her look and won the week but Aja’s can, outfit and knowledge landed her in the bottom two alongside Shangela. This wasn’t the ideal situation as this was Shangela’s first major fail and had a pretty amazing track record until this point. She just found herself unlucky and that finished off her journey. 

I think Aja has come on leaps and bounds since her original run. She seems more polished nowadays and is a complete package now. She isn’t that unpolished queen with edges anymore! She’s one of the best performers from all of the seasons and I hope we see her in the future. 

saving Kameron.

Edited by Zoey0069
Forgot my save

JOSLYN FOX S6

season 6 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

season 6 splits GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Joslyn was on Season 6, and is an underrated queen, but this is a fair spot for her in the rankdown. She's one of the queens most overdue for an All-Stars appearance IMO. RuPaul references her regularly. She had a decent run on S6 as the black dark horse. Her Snatch Game is underrated (Cumin lol) and she was also underrated by her castmates, including her idol Courtney Act. Joslyn sent Laganja home during the above-giffed iconic lip sync. However, she never won any challenges and kind of coasted along for part of the season. For her final challenge, she was paired with a homophobe for makeovers. It was really one of the more cringeworthy episodes ever. The guy she made over was mortified to be there at all, very resistant to the whole thing, and ended up puking on stage out of nervousness or something. It didn't help that Joslyn's makeover was atrocious. Just a very unfortunate way to go out. Adore beat her in that lip sync and Joslyn went home. Joslyn also had horribly awkward moments with Georgia Holt that we won't even get into right now. I hope she comes back on All Stars someday and replaces these bad memories with better ones.

Save: Naomi AS4

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

It didn't help that Joslyn's makeover was atrocious.

Production removed all of the make-up for POC after Trinity was eliminated and refused to bring it back when Joslyn asked. #riggamorris

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Save AS4 Valentina

Cut AS3 BeBe

Refreshing

Bebe Zahara Benet (AS3)
rupauls drag race dance GIF by Jeromy Velasco

There is no denying that Bebe is a Drag Race legend - she's the first ever winner, after all! It was a fun gag to bring her back for AS3 and she made the most sense out of any winners to compete a second time because the show was so different back in S1 to what it's like now. I found Bebe to be kinda mediocre on the show honestly, nevertheless she brought some hilarious/delusional moments. Not knowing who Ornacia is, her "that's the gag of the season" line, the entire Jungle Kitty verse.. honestly I liked Bebe well enough on S1 but wasn't sure if her personality would shine through AS3 and to be fair I think it did. Bebe was very much a diva & thought highly of herself, it played great into her character but I never really liked the way it felt like she looked down on Aja, and of course there was that moment where she took credit for her ball look despite Aja helping her. My favorite moments of Bebe were her lip-syncing. She's a great lip-syncer to watch and completely mesmerizing. I find her "The Boss" lip-sync to be so underrated, she commands it so well and shows you don't have to do the most to grab attention. Tbh she should have won "Nobody's Supposed to Be Here" (although obviously with the gag of what happened afterwards, I get it).. idk why she felt the need to take that dang wig off and reveal nothing. :dead: And honestly I kinda love her verses. "Drag Up Your Life" and "Kitty Girl" don't have creative verses from Bebe really but they're iconic in their own weird way. Anyway, I do like Bebe but when it comes to these noms I'm ok cutting her.

Saving Valentina (AS4)

BeBe playing the exact same character for every single challenge in AS3, and getting different feedback for it depending on that week's narrative. :wub: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really really wanted the "Bebe is a mole" theory to be true, but we got the stupid jury instead.

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

I really really wanted the "Bebe is a mole" theory to be true, but we got the stupid jury instead.

I always found that theory coming out because of BeBe never landing in the B3 to be the strangest thing because, like... what weeks was she supposed to land in the B3? :rofl:  She was mediocre in The Bitchelor, but Milk, Chi Chi and Aja were very clearly worse than her. Even with the acting challenge at Top 5, if it was only a B2, Morgan and Kennedy would've been there anyway.

The Kameron Michaels obsession...don't understand it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Just now, Deeee said:

The Kameron Michaels obsession...don't understand it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Because I'm Adore Delano and I'm a messy slut.

In all seriousness, I just latched onto Kameron early on when I felt like the judges weren't giving him his dues because he was supposed to be the mid-season fodder boot. Then when it came to crunch time, he went full Alyssa "I'll lip sync my way to the finale if I have to" Edwards and lip synced his way to the final lip sync of the season after managing to send him three frontrunners even if Asia's defeat was more of an assisted suicide than anything else. Kameron's the first person to lip sync six consecutive lip syncs, and actually set the record for most lip syncs in a season until AS4 came around and Trinity was given some of her Top 2 placements.

• Like 2

Updating the front page now! With our three cuts so far, we have our first season winner with Shangela taking the AS3 crown for the second rankdown in a row! Joslyn's elimination also gives us a Top 3 from S6 of Bianca, Adore and Courtney.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zoey0069 said:

episode 8 ive been working GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I’m glad this rankdown pays her her dues more than everyone but Thorgy did. 

• Like 1