Jump to content
idolforums.com
Elliott

The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

All-Stars 3 was a disappointment. Shangela was robbed. We were robbed of an iconic Shangela & BenDeLaCreme Top 2.

 

All-Stars 4 fell off the rails in the last few episodes.

All Stars 4 deserved Manila as the winner.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

S11's problem was that it was too f*cking long because VH1 decided to have a Top 15 and a non-elimination episode. It was like two months into the season and we were only at the Top 9. :dead: 

true :dead: it did give us a lot of great runway looks tho!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vee_ said:

All Stars 4 deserved Manila as the winner.

 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All-Stars 4 proved that the voting format the show had adopted grew old very, very quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vee_ said:

Trixie winning was the stupidest thing that happened in herstory!

Considering the alternative was Kennedy, I'll take a Trixie win. But I will say that in hindsight, her AS3 run wasn't necessarily as bad as it's made out to be / I remember it being. Her Snatch Game was legitimately one of the worst of all time, but otherwise she was fine. She was decent for the first two episodes (yeah, Dolly is kind of an easy feat for her to do, but BeBe was given Diana Ross while DeLa and Shangela were pretty much handed the win from the beginning), I think her Bitchelor character could've been really good if Milk wasn't sabotaging it the whole time, and I liked her in the girl groups challenge. And the two wins she had I think she deserved. She just wasn't that good at the lip syncs, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deeee said:

All-Stars 4 proved that the voting format the show had adopted grew old very, very quickly. 

Let's be real, Naomi just did what Alaska did all of AS2. Alaska just pretended it was about sending home the weaker contestant in the bottom two and she was the pre-ordained winner, so the edit tried to make that seem like her strategy.

 

4 minutes ago, vee_ said:

All Stars 4 deserved Manila as the winner.

Manila and Monique not being the top two is homophobia at its finest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Considering the alternative was Kennedy, I'll take a Trixie win. But I will say that in hindsight, her AS3 run wasn't necessarily as bad as it's made out to be / I remember it being. Her Snatch Game was legitimately one of the worst of all time, but otherwise she was fine. She was decent for the first two episodes (yeah, Dolly is kind of an easy feat for her to do, but BeBe was given Diana Ross while DeLa and Shangela were pretty much handed the win from the beginning), I think her Bitchelor character could've been really good if Milk wasn't sabotaging it the whole time, and I liked her in the girl groups challenge. And the two wins she had I think she deserved. She just wasn't that good at the lip syncs, lol.

 

Agreed. Trixie had a fine run on All-Stars 3. In comparison to DeLa and Shangela, Trixie (and every other queen that season) was destined to be a disappointing winner. I will say that she has since built an empire and fandom from that win, which is super fun to watch.

Edited by Deeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Considering the alternative was Kennedy, I'll take a Trixie win. But I will say that in hindsight, her AS3 run wasn't necessarily as bad as it's made out to be / I remember it being. Her Snatch Game was legitimately one of the worst of all time, but otherwise she was fine. She was decent for the first two episodes (yeah, Dolly is kind of an easy feat for her to do, but BeBe was given Diana Ross while DeLa and Shangela were pretty much handed the win from the beginning), I think her Bitchelor character could've been really good if Milk wasn't sabotaging it the whole time, and I liked her in the girl groups challenge. And the two wins she had I think she deserved. She just wasn't that good at the lip syncs, lol.

Eh Trixie was mediocre the whole season. If the producers didn't show her commenting and saying her "witty" one liners every 5 seconds, she would've been forgotten. Her talent show was good but not memorable. Same with the Dolly. Her b*tchelor role started off great but she just couldn't handle being distracted by Messy!Milk. Her snatch game was trash. Let's not talk about the soup cans because how does that even make sense? Seems like a free win to be given don't @ me. Her IQ kitty is again, nothing special. 

 

I will say her red for filth outfit is my favourite from her ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Let's be real, Naomi just did what Alaska did all of AS2. Alaska just pretended it was about sending home the weaker contestant in the bottom two and she was the pre-ordained winner, so the edit tried to make that seem like her strategy.

 

Manila and Monique not being the top two is homophobia at its finest.

 

YUP. Alaska did controversy way better though. I miss all of the drama surrounding Alaska's pre-ordained AS2 win. LOL. I still do not understand why all of the producer shenanigans were even necessary considering Alaska pretty much killed the entire competition during AS2. 

 

Trinity > Monique tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

 

Agreed. Trixie had a fine run on All-Stars 3. In comparison to DeLa and Shangela, Trixie (and every other queen that season) was destined to be a disappointing winner. I will say that he has since built an empire and fandom from that win, which is super fun to watch.

I totally respect her for this. Having her own empire with music, show, and cosmetic lines(?). Her fans though... (except for my bb @*Chris :giggle:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

In comparison to DeLa and Shangela, Trixie (and every other queen that season) was destined to be a disappointing winner.

Unpopular opinion (and I don't know how to word this, but whatever), but given that DeLa quit, I don't think she should be in discussions of being a deserving winner. Especially since she then turned around and voted for Kennedy as her first pick for the top two after talking about wanting to eliminate based off track record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vee_ said:

Eh Trixie was mediocre the whole season. If the producers didn't show her commenting and saying her "witty" one liners every 5 seconds, she would've been forgotten. Her talent show was good but not memorable. Same with the Dolly. Her b*tchelor role started off great but she just couldn't handle being distracted by Messy!Milk. Her snatch game was trash. Let's not talk about the soup cans because how does that even make sense? Seems like a free win to be given don't @ me. Her IQ kitty is again, nothing special. 

 

I will say her red for filth outfit is my favourite from her ever. 

 

Mediocre indeed. Though I love IQ Kitty and thought that was very well done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vee_ said:

Eh Trixie was mediocre the whole season.

True, but her mediocrity was still frontrunner status given the rest of the cast:

  • BeBe, as much as I love her, pretty much played the same role the entire season regardless of who she was supposed to be.
  • Kennedy had one shining moment in The Bitchelor and sucked in every other challenge.
  • Morgan was bad both episodes she was in, though I give her some slack on the Dragsmaid challenge because it was a sh*tty script and she'd literally missed the entire season.
  • DeLa quit, so she took herself out of being a winner.
  • Aja stumbled in The Bitchelor, but otherwise was the best next to DeLa and Shangela this season. It was clear she was eliminated when she was because Ru didn't expect her to do so well and wanted her gone.
  • Chi Chi did bad three of her four weeks
  • Milk sucked every challenge
  • Thorgy was done dirty and shouldn't have even been in the B2 for Stevie Nicks.
Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Aja stumbled in The Bitchelor, but otherwise was the best next to DeLa and Shangela this season. it was clear she was eliminated when she was because Ru didn't expect

Her elimination and the comments on her performance in that episode was DUMB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vee_ said:

Her elimination and the comments on her performance in that episode was DUMB. 

Kennedy/Shangela should've been the B2 for that challenge. Aja and Trixie Top 2. Ben and BeBe safe. But they probably felt like they had to give BeBe a win since she'd just been SAFE every week leading up to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also our photo with Willam since there's no other applicable thread to post it. :wub:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Unpopular opinion (and I don't know how to word this, but whatever), but given that DeLa quit, I don't think she should be in discussions of being a deserving winner. Especially since she then turned around and voted for Kennedy as her first pick for the top two after talking about wanting to eliminate based off track record.

 

I still think we can objectively discuss her time on the show and what she produced. DeLa was essentially on her way to Alaska'ing the competition that season. I definitely agree that DeLa obviously removed herself from the conversation, but DeLa clearly would have made a great winner based on what we saw.

 

I think there is clearly a lot of unspoken drama between some queens and Shangela.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Wait, why am I of all people defending Trixie? 😐 Where's @*Chris?

Nowhere to be found because I know there’s no way in defending Trixie with Vee whom been a hater since S7.

Edited by *Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deeee said:

I think there is clearly a lot of unspoken drama between some queens and Shangela.

They all pretty much said she was late every morning to filming which annoyed them and apparently was playing to the cameras rather than bonding with them. 🙄

 

My tinfoil theory is that the planned top four was DeLa, Shangela, BeBe and Trixie. The jury vote was meant to take out DeLa (since she kept winning the challenges and theoretically would've sent half of the jury home with Kennedy being there) and BeBe (already won, so the queens wouldn't vote for her to be in the top two again, but RuPaul didn't want to eliminate his first winner), and RuPaul would crown Shangela after she beats Trixie in the Wrecking Ball lip sync.

 

So DeLa's quit changed what they were intending to do, and the fact that everyone pity voted Kennedy into the Top 2 made Shangela the causality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

@Elliott - tell me why I just bought a Rugrats sweater. LOL.

Mine is from the women's section at Target, so it sits on me awkwardly. But I still wanted it regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Nowhere to be found because I know there’s no way in defending Trixie with Vee whom been a hater since S7.

I mean I don't think she was really a good winner but I also wouldn't say she's the worst considering Tyra* and Violet also won. 😘

 

*And before someone tells me Tyra had a better track record than Raven, I will just remind y'all Tyra had immunity for the challenges that she otherwise would've been in the B2 for.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They all pretty much said she was late every morning to filming which annoyed them and apparently was playing to the cameras rather than bonding with them. 🙄

 

My tinfoil theory is that the planned top four was DeLa, Shangela, BeBe and Trixie. The jury vote was meant to take out DeLa (since she kept winning the challenges and theoretically would've sent half of the jury home with Kennedy being there) and BeBe (already won, so the queens wouldn't vote for her to be in the top two again, but RuPaul didn't want to eliminate his first winner), and RuPaul would crown Shangela after she beats Trixie in the Wrecking Ball lip sync.

 

So DeLa's quit changed what they were intending to do, and the fact that everyone pity voted Kennedy into the Top 2 made Shangela the causality.

 

Exactly. I know they have all spoken out about their feelings, but there seems to be so much tensions. It feels like there are things left unsaid. LOL.

 

I definitely do not think Kennedy was meant to make the finals. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I mean I don't think she was really a good winner but I also wouldn't say she's the worst considering Tyra* and Violet also won. 😘

 

*And before someone tells me Tyra had a better track record than Raven, I will just remind y'all Tyra had immunity for the challenges that she otherwise would've been in the B2 for.

 

Tyra and Violet are definitely the weakest winners. Chad Michaels as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...