The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

season 1 1x6 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I eliminated her last rankdown so it fits that I'm eliminating her here. I wish the old IDF didn't disappear so I could just copy and paste my scathing write-up of her here. But I guess I will start anew. And I'll start with that gif I posted. Even with the vaseline filter of Season 1, her makeup is still some of the worst that we've seen on the show. And even with that makeup she still made Top 3. Beating out fan favorites like Shannel (I guess) and Ongina (but actually, Ongina was done dirty). I always remember the episode where they did the Viva whatever and had to tell their stories and Rebecca was like in full on crocodile tears talking about how her fried was diagnosed as HIV+ and then Ongina goes and reveals her HIV+ status making Rebecca look like a joke. I guess Rebecca won during the season making it to third while Ongina was cut like 5th (I believe?) but everybody that season went on to become beloved except Rebecca (who I think may have quit drag. IDK. I don't follow her on Social Media) so really Rebecca is the ultimate loser of Season 1.

43 minutes ago, *Lily said:

So just to check, I'm guessing restrictions still apply here for both of us - therefore none of our nominees can be pre-S7 nor duplicates?

Oops, sorry. Your restrictions aren’t for your nominations, just for your cuts and saves. You’re free to nominate whichever six you choose as long as they don’t eliminate another ranker’s options from the get go (I.e.: no solely nominating All Stars)

Yara Sofia (AS1)

season 3 3x7 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

To quote Latrice Royale: "We don't talk about All Stars 1 because that was a shoddy situation. It doesn't even count." And what a shoddy situation it was. Yara originally competed in Season 3, placing 4th. She returned as part of the 10 contestants in the show's first All Stars season and after the twist of teams was revealed, paired up with fellow Puerto Rican contestant, Alexis Mateo, to form "Team Yarlexis". I wasn't really a fan of either of them in their original seasons and pairing them together just seemed to make them more obnoxious. The edit also didn't seem to work in their favour, showing them criticizing and making fun of other contestants while not doing particularly well themselves.

In Week 1, Yarlexis was Low but Safe after the half baked photoshoot challenge. In Week 2, they won the main challenge after the hot mess than was Gaff-In. Honestly, nobody won that, not even us because we had to sit through it and watch it. Thank god Ru realized to just stick with Snatch Game going forward. In Week 3, they won the Mini Challenge ("Queens with Guy Phones") and somehow managed to be safe over Latrila after the main challenge, despite scoring less points. I'm still not over the debauchery, especially since it resulted in a Rujubee/Latrila Bottom 4 that sent Latrila home. Rigga Morris.

The next week, they won the Mini Challenge again (Cheer-Leading Routine) and I was beginning to worry they might actually wind up in the finale, but fortunately they tanked in the girl groups challenge and Raven ate both Alexis and Yara alive in the Lip-sync to "Don'cha" by the Pussycat Dolls. Yara foolishly thought she could switch out and do a better job than Alexis, but that Lipsync was already a wash for them. Needless to say, I wasn't really a fan of Yara in All-Stars, so I'm happy to help get her cut from this rank down, since the rest of you keep making such questionable decisions. 😘

Edited by sublymonal

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Six. You two won’t be cutting and saving this round so you only need nominations for the remaining three rankers.

That's what I thought. Lily thought we were nominating twelve. Posting noms shortly.