The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

TAMMIE BROWN (S1)

season 1 1x1 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

rupauls drag race nip slip GIF

Tammie Brown was a contestant in the first season of Drag Race. Tammie was eliminated second. Her style of drag freaked me out a little. I refuse to go back and watch to figure out this mess of a season, so here's wikipedia: "The eight remaining contestants were given a mini-challenge in which they acted out certain emotions and took pictures of themselves with a digital camera. RuPaul then deemed Akashia and Ongina the winners and made them the group leaders in the next challenge, a girl group battle. The groups were each responsible for their own hair, makeup, costumes, and choreography and they each had to perform to a Destiny's Child song." The only thing I remember about Tammie is that she like refused to do the lip sync for her life or something. Maybe she only gave a tiny bit of effort, something like that. She went home to the original lip sync assassin, Akashia, who had just sent home Porkchop the previous week. I think Tammie's AS1 untucked is like 5 billion times more iconic and interesting than S1 Tammie. There was also that "walking children in nature" quote that she said to the judges or something. Let me find that so this write-up isn't a total fail... brb googling...

Was this from some type of reunion? Did they do a Season 1 reunion? Geez someone cancel me for not knowing that. 

Save Becky S1

@*Lily, you cannot cut Tammie Brown as she is a duplicate and that is your restriction for this cycle. I am resetting the round to where her pick was, so @FrogLenzen will need to redo his cut/save as well. If he keeps the same decision, he can just tell me and I'll link to his original write-up. @vee_ can still step in as such, owing to the partial reset.

OPTIONS FOR @*Lily@FrogLenzen and @vee_:

Tammie Brown (AS1)

Jade Jolie (S5)

Ra'Jah D. O'Hara (S11)

Rebecca Glasscock (S1)
Serena Cha Cha (S5)

Yara Sofia (AS1)

Edited by Elliott

Just as a reminder, here are everyone's restrictions for this cycle:

@deee cannot save or cut anyone from S1/S2/S3/S4/S5/S6. (AS1 is still allowed.)
@FrogLenzen cannot save or cut anyone he had previously nominated or saved in Cycle 2.
@*Lily cannot save any contestant who has a duplicate in this rankdown, regardless of whether they are still remaining or not.

@vee_ cannot save or cut anyone from an All Stars season or the UK series.
@Zoey0069 cannot save or cut anyone from S7/S8/S9/S10/S11. (AS2/AS3/AS4 is still allowed.)

The list of contestants Derek cannot cut/save this cycle are:

A'kashia (S1)
Darienne Lake (S6)
Dusty Ray Bottoms (S10)
Kalorie Kardashian Williams (S10)
Mayhem Miller (S10)

Nicole Paige Brooks (S2)
Yuhua Hamasaki (S10)
Shangela (S2)

Just fixing this so it looks nicer:

OPTIONS FOR @*Lily and @vee_:

Tammie Brown (AS1)

Jade Jolie (S5)

Ra'Jah D. O'Hara (S11)
Serena Cha Cha (S5)

Yara Sofia (AS1)

Just realized that whichever of Vee or Lily goes first must pick between Jade, Serena and Ra'Jah. :haha:

Edited by Elliott

Serena ChaCha (Season 5)

fb31a386c4e7a912cbaa893911ac800e.gif

"I read books."

Serena ChaCha was a disaster. LOL. The self-proclaimed "drag scholar," Serena entered RPDR Season 5 thinking that her art school background and literacy level would help her win the title. Usually, I stan delusional messes. But Serena is just not entertaining enough in her delusions to convert me into a full stan. Serena just sucked as a competitor. During the first week of the competition, Serena provided a horrible look on the runway. Even though she provided some LOLZ, Serena could not provide high quality drag. Especially competing against the seasoned and legendary cast of Season 5. She found herself in the Bottom 2 against Penny Tration, and emerged as the clear victor after the lip-sync. Serena survived another week and actually managed to win a Mini Challenge. This allowed her to assemble a team for the Lip Sync Extravaganza Eleganza challenge. Serena and Jade Jolie were tasked with impersonating Raja and Delta Work at the Gold Bar from Season 3. Serena bombed the challenge, and landed in the bottom for a second consecutive week. No surprise, her Best Drag runway look is horrible. Serena would not be so lucky this time around, losing the lip-sync to Monica Beverly Hillz and placing 13th in the competition.

Serena ChaCha still performs in drag and even has a successful wig line! Serena is also really cute out-of-drag nowadays. Serena did not provide much to the competition, but at least she is the catalyst for an iconic Untucked moment.

SAVING: Ra'jah O'Hara

(Thanks again Dee! :dead:)

•  

I think it's like 3AM where @vee_ is. But since the nominations have been up for over a day and a half regardless of the reset and he's posted in here a few times since the initial nominations, I'm going to go ahead and let either @sublymonal one or one of the other rankers make the final decision.

Remaining options:

Tammie Brown (AS1)

Jade Jolie (S5)

Yara Sofia (AS1)

If Andrew still wants to stick by his earlier decision, then I'll tell Megan to post the nominations and he can post his Yara write-up whenever he gets around to it.

Yes I realize I'm saying all of this here even though I'm literally texting him right now.