The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Monica Beverly Hillz (Season 5)

tumblr_mhw6hpH9Hv1rosb88o1_500.gif

Monica Beverly Hillz is another short-lived queen. Among the stacked cast of Season 5, Monica Beverly Hillz does not stand out. During Week 1, Monica is called safe after delivering a really basic Trash Couture look. The following week develops her story a bit more. There is discussion of her gender identity and Monica herself seems very torn about opening up on this topic. Completely valid. Monica performs poorly during the Iconic Moments recreation challenge, and delivers a boring Best Drag look. When critiqued and prodded by the judges, Monica breaks down and reveals that she is in fact a trans woman. Her tearful confession is a sad moment that is often forgotten amongst the many iconic moments of Season 5. Monica delivers a fierce lip-sync performance against Serena ChaCha and earns herself another week in the competition. But only one week, since she lands in the bottom once again the following week, and her fate is not as positive on her second-time-around. Monica produced a bad Think Pink runway look and failed in the Draggle Rock challenge. Monica could not defeat Coco Montrese in the lip-sync, and was sent packing. Apparently she has been blacklisted by WOWPresents, which feels very on brand. Though I do not know the reasoning.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm down for either method, but I definitely prefer to assess a queen based on their entire body of work. One iteration where we assess the entire body of work makes more sense to me than separating b

I love Shangela and Bianca, but Kristi is obviously winning this.

I love the winners of All-Stars 2, 4 and 3.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Coco Montrese is the best lip syncer in drag race, don't @ me.

Probably. But no one performance is better than Dida Ritz in "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)."

Just now, Deeee said:

Probably. But no one performance is better than Dida Ritz in "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)."

Not that I'm completely disagreeing, but:

giphy.gif

As a Sasha stan, I was living; as a Shea stan, I was depressed AF

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Not that I'm completely disagreeing, but:

giphy.gif

As a Sasha stan, I was living; as a Shea stan, I was depressed AF

#2. Nothing tops Dida Ritz who gave the same amount of energy and wow factor without relying on a reveal.

6 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Apparently she has been blacklisted by WOWPresents, which feels very on brand. Though I do not know the reasoning.

She called out the show's transphobia because of their policy on requiring anyone who's transitioning to stop taking the necessary pills during filming, which is not healthy in the slightest. (Sonique talked about this in the past, too.)

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She called out the show's transphobia because of their policy on requiring anyone who's transitioning to stop taking the necessary pills during filming, which is not healthy in the slightest. (Sonique talked about this in the past, too.)

LOL so like I said. Very on brand. YIKES. Thank you for the info.

giphy.gif

CYNTHIA LEE FONTAINE

I honestly don't give a damn about Cynthia's run in drag race. She was terrible She finished 10th in season 8 and I barely remember what she did. Anyway, she is very proud of her cucu which I don't know, I don't find anything special with her bum. Like seriously. It didn't look flattering not did it shape her hips and waist. It was just a lump to me. I do applaud her for being a cancer survivor because that is hard to beat! And as a person, she was very nice and genuine. Cynthia is just not made for drag race in my opinion. Also, I'm not sure if I am talking about S8 or S9 but I said what I said. Ru did really like her though maybe because of her great personality. Her drag style is not my cuppa tbh. That's all I can say for Cynthia.

Edited by vee_

tumblr_od7y89erXu1rwdw1wo4_400.gif

GINGER MINJ (AS2)

I never liked Ginger Minj and All Stars didn't help either. I mean I don't hate her but I do dislike her at times. In All stars, she was eliminated the third week in that HerStory musical or whatever.  In the first week, which is the talent show, she sang and I think she did it in a pretty way but it also bored me. I wish she just did her rendition of I Am What I Am because that was a slay. On the second week, she was Tammy Faye for Snatch Game. I think she wasn't funny and she just wasn't memorable because I don't even remember her performance in snatch game or do I remember her being there :lmao: And then on the third week which is the HerStory of the World (I think), she was Catherine the Great. Honestly, another performance that didn't stand out at all but was not bad. She was eliminated thank god and not Katya. I just don't relate to her and her drag style. Thank God she started using corsets tho!

Fun fact: Ginger initially turned down All Stars 2 because she thought it was too soon after her season, but production kept wanting her to say yes and said it was her only chance at All Stars since they weren't doing any more after it. :haha:

Fun fact: Ginger initially turned down All Stars 2 because she thought it was too soon after her season, but production kept wanting her to say yes and said it was her only chance at All Stars since they weren't doing any more after it. :haha:

What was her storyline though to force her to be in there? Her supposed friendship with Katya? Or is she just one of the poor chosen fillers?

MERCEDES IMAN DIAMOND

Drag Race Oppalance GIF - DragRace Oppalance Dance GIFs

You earn everything. Mercedes Iman Diamond was a queen on the most recent US season, Season 11. She was another poor contestant whose first language was not English. Also I think she was the biggest meme from that season with her mispronunciation of "opulence." She had, like, one line in the scripted acting challenge parody of Get Out, which involved voguing across the stage with Kahanna Montrese. It. Was. Hysterical. So funny. Unfortunately it was funny for the wrong reasons and put her in the bottom 2 with Kahanna. They did a Britney Spears lip sync, and Mercedes was actually amazing. I think that lip sync put her on the map. She had real momentum in that episode with the meme and the lip sync win, but then she vanished into the background again. She was the first and only Muslim queen to be on drag race, and I wish they let her speak in her interview in her own language and have subtitles because I think she deserved to be able to express herself more freely. Instead, she was just shy and afraid to speak up since she was ridiculed often. Didn't she say something weird about a goat? I don't remember. The point is, Mercedes could have stayed longer on the show if she didn't shop at Party City for her basic ass runways. They sent her home during the Trump episode, which was suuuuuuuuuper questionable but with her outfit and Ra'jah's performance, they had no choice.

Save.... I forget, I'll add it after the next one.

6 minutes ago, vee_ said:

What was her storyline though to force her to be in there? Her supposed friendship with Katya? Or is she just one of the poor chosen fillers?

She was probably cast as a filler, but her and Katya's friendship probably contributed to them wanting her there.

She was probably cast as a filler, but her and Katya's friendship probably contributed to them wanting her there.

It's sad that producers do pick fillers to compete 😢

Anyway, am I next to nominate after Derek posts his nominations? I'm leaving later today and will be gone for a whole 24 hours so I kinda want to post my noms soon 😁

MORGAN MCMICHAELS (S2)

morgan mcmichaels GIF

Morgan is one of the hardest working queens in the business (apparently). She is also the daughter of Chad Michaels (I think). On Season 2 she had a decent run and placed 8th out of 12. Maybe not that decent, I guess. Anyway, she has a brick of a face but it goes with her hard personality. She is famous for her fight with Mystique ("fix your mug" "I DONT NEED TO FIX MY MUG!!!" lmao) and also she pulled out a respectable lip sync to Two of Hearts when she was in the bottom 2 with Sonique (they were both terrible in the original Snatch Game... wow... so bad. A little more forgivable than other seasons since no one had seen that challenge before). After sending Sonique home, it was like.. wow, maybe this queen is a lip sync assassin. But then she was immediately in the bottom 2 again and Morgan got absolutely detonated via drone strike AKA Sahara Davenport jump-split off the stage (LEGENDARY). Morgan's run on the show was fine but it was certainly no reason to ask her back for All Stars. Her reputation in the business is probably what did it. She also appeared for Season 8 premiere I think and pretended to shoot a ping pong ball out her butt. That was funny but I bet a lot of the audience had no idea who she was. Nothing against this iteration of Morgan because she didn't participate in the jury at this point. BUT, of the remaining picks I'd rather save:

Mayhem Miller

Ginger was primarily cast due to her friendship with Katya, but even she admits the friendship between them was exaggerated in order to serve a storyline purpose. I love Ginger Minj, but I definitely would have loved to see her wait longer before an appearance on All-Stars.

5 minutes ago, vee_ said:

It's sad that producers do pick fillers to compete 😢

Anyway, am I next to nominate after Derek posts his nominations? I'm leaving later today and will be gone for a whole 24 hours so I kinda want to post my noms soon 😁

If you leave before Derek gets his write-ups posted, you can PM me your nominations and I can post them on your behalf, though.

Problem solved!