The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

giphy.gif

SUM TING WONG

Sum Ting Wong is from the first season of Drag Race UK. She was the only Asian (British-Vietnamese) queen in the cast and she did serve a little in her time in the show. She unfortunately placed 7th because she flopped on her snatch game (and the sewing challenge which was the week before her elimination). Anyway, she slayed in the first episode and SHOULD HAVE WON to be honest. Her Birmingham outfit and the postcard outfit of Queen Elisabeth slayed so much. The Vivienne was good but her Queen look did not deserve to make her win especially she looked like a real old ass colostomy bagged lady. When she went on the show (or auditioned for it), her parents did not know she was doing drag full time but now according to social media, her parents fully support her. I'm so glad about that! I don't know if she'll ever be in an all star to compete again but if she does, she hopefully will slay. Anyway, I have nothing else left to say so I'm just gonna go now.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Just waiting on @vee_’s write-ups. It’s not late enough in the morning for him to get annoyed by me. 😘

It's 9am here waiting for my boss to call me :dead:  and she hasn't so I'm doing Farrah's write up (since I've posted Sum's)

tumblr_op3eieB6yg1qac1soo2_500.png

tumblr_oo5h03NDHw1qac1soo2_250.gifv

FARRAH MOAN (S9)

So, I actually like Farrah too not because she's talented (because she's not) but because of how fishy she looks/paints, her looks, and because of her legendary whining :giggle: She's also actually really likeable so there's that. Honestly, Farrah isn't at all a fierce competitor but if she did have some confidence during this season (and AS) she could have stayed/robbed a few episodes :dead: Let's talk about her run in this season. The GaGa look was so great but her insecurities didn't makeher do the ruveal. If she did it, I bet she would've been on top but of course not win. The Draggily Ever After, wooh lord, she should've rightfully lipsync for her life at that episode because her mermaid princess outfit was so bad and her storyline was non-sense. The Kardashian musical was so bad Farrah getting Kylie was mediocre and non-existent. Farrah's snatch game was bad too but thank God for her Madonna inspired runway being great and not a kimono! And then her infamous reading of Michelle Visage... 's boobs. To be honest, I would've made her stay rather than Alexis Michelle because I thought she was doing too much in the lipsync, but hey that's just me. And then, there's the infamous reunion with the Valentina thing. 🤣 Oh Farrah. I wish they didn't put her in AS so early on but they needed her for the Valentina thing. Anyway, that's all for Farrah!

CYCLE TWO

After the gaggery of our surprise first cycle, it should come as nice to surprise that cycle two is our "basic" cycle... kind of.

Since there are so many queens and only five rankers, you will each be eliminating two queens this cycle.

When it's your turn to nominate, you will nominate 12 queens.

The remaining four rankers will each save one queen and eliminate two queens.

However, you must have the write-up for your first queen posted before you can make your second cut!

You can post your save with your first write-up if you choose, though.

Nominators, note that you are allowed to nominate anyone who was saved in the previous set of nominations.

Rankers, you are allowed to claim a cut and save, but your write-up will have to be posted within a half hour.

You are allowed to refresh only once, and you will only be given an extra fifteen minutes. After that, your choices are free game.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

RANDOMIZER NOMINATION ORDER:

01. @Deeee

02. @*Lily

03. @Zoey0069

04. @vee_

05. @FrogLenzen 

Good luck, and don't f*ck it up. 🙂

Forgot to mention, the 24/36 hour rule regarding takeovers is in effect from now on! If it's your turn to rank, you will have 24 hours from when the last write-up is posted before your time is up and the Randomizer steps in.

Nominations:

Vinegar Strokes (UK1)

Scaredy Kat (UK1)

Ariel Versace (S11)

Soju (S11)

Honey Davenport (S11)

Chi Chi DeVayne (AS3)

Morgan McMichaels (AS3)

Alisa Summers (S4)

Victoria "Porkchop" Parker (S1)

Shangela Laquifa Wadley (S2)

Jaymes Mansfield (S9)

Phoenix (S3)

Episode 1 Scaredy Kat GIF by BBC Three
Episode 1 Scaredy Kat GIF by BBC Three
SCAREDY CAT

So.. I literally remember nothing about her apart from the fact everyone thought she was a front winner and was whiny? So now I need to find enough things to say about her to bulk this write-up, up.

Scaredy Cat was a straight male(?) participating in the art of drag. The first straight male I think in the history of Rupauls Drag Race? I remember that Scaredy had a girlfriend who she performed with at the same club but  not sure whether she was straight/bisexual/non binary at this point. See? I remember very little. I kind of remember her lip sync against Blu Hydrangea, but even that was forgettable. Did she win a mini challenge in one of the episodes? I’m guessing it was the first as she was eliminated the second episode? Good guessing work going on here by me. Anyway, I don’t think she changed her style or face from the pre-show shots to the moment she was eliminated. That’s a huge thing that bugs me about queens when they need to show some sort of versatility. Just a whiny little boy who has been doing drag a year

Just now, Zoey0069 said:

Oh, wait! Is there an order we choose who we eliminate? I haven’t played a rankdown before.

No. First come, first serve for cuts and saves. It’s only the nominating that has an order. You’re now free to do your second cut if you wish. 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

@Zoey0069Scaredy’s bisexual (or pan, possibly, based off how they described their sexuality, but also said he doesn’t believe in labeling himself), but is dating a women who does hyper drag.

thank you.

i don’t see myself rewatching the season to find out. Thanks for the education 😘

Just now, Zoey0069 said:

thank you.

i don’t see myself rewatching the season to find out. Thanks for the education 😘

He’s a twink out of drag so naturally I remember what was discussed regarding his sexuality. Don’t @ me

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

Nominations:

Vinegar Strokes (UK1)

Soju (S11)

Honey Davenport (S11)

Chi Chi DeVayne (AS3)

Morgan McMichaels (AS3)

Alisa Summers (S4)

Victoria "Porkchop" Parker (S1)

Shangela Laquifa Wadley (S2)

Jaymes Mansfield (S9)

Phoenix (S3)

Here’s who is remaining.

Soju

giphy.gif

Working my way through the early boots on S11, I guess. :haha: I knew of Soju briefly pre-S11 as I'd heard of her Shot with Soju recaps but never actually watched them. Wow she was so out of her element on this season, though. She had a kinda cool entrance which... ends our list of positives. In the first design challenge, she was assigned Kim Chi and her dress was a hot mess. So ill-fitting, and has got to be down there as one of the worst designs on the show. If you find out you're gonna be on Drag Race you know that the first challenge is likely design/sewing-based and if you can't do that you're likely screwed. She then ended up talking about her cyst as an excuse and it was just a weird moment. Ending up in the lip-sync against Kahanna, she did a bad job there and was easily beaten to become, so far, the lowest placing queen in Drag Race history. She returned for the makeover challenge pairing with Silky, which was another bad showing (for the both of them) especially with Soju not knowing how to walk in heels. Also, there were some allegations of sexual assault which came up during the season I believe, so she can go.

Edited by *Lily

Phoenix

Uvp3.gif

...who is this? I remember pretty much nothing about Phoenix, honestly, so 100 words will be tough. She did have the 'lookalike' moment in the entrances with India, and that's pretty much all I got. Can't really recall anything from her in the challenges, but in the second challenge which was acting in a Sci-Fi spoof, she ended up in the bottom 2 with Delta, and they both did a pretty awful job lip-syncing to "Bad Romance" (which deserves a repeat with queens who can actually perform). My highlight of Phoenix's time on the show ends up coming from Shangela, who in the "Bad Romance" lip-sync said that Phoenix "looked like a man doing movements" :dead: Probably one of the least memorable queens of all-time for me, to be honest. Something I didn't know until now was that her drag mother is Nicole Paige Brooks, so I guess being a second boot ran in the drag family.