Lauren Alaina Fan Thread

aaronjudge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I swear on the Christmas livestream she did that her album would be coming out in the beginning of this year, she might have even said first quarter of 2021. Like girl it’s March, where is the album?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New album out September 3rd Sitting_Pretty_CD.thumb.png.027d975c544b00806dfc3dd1c4391cb2.png

Tracklist 

1. It Was Me

2. If The World Was A Small Town

3. Getting Good (Feat. Trisha Yearwood)

4. Same Story, Different Saturday Night

5. On Top Of The World

6. Run

7. What Do You Think Of? (With Lukas Graham)

8. I'm Not Sad Anymore

9. Getting Over Him (Feat. Jon Pardi)

10. Good Ole Boy

11. When The Party's Over

12. You Ain't A Cowboy

13. Goodbye Street

14. Written In The Bar

15. Change My Mind

I’ve followed Lauren since Idol and I’m super happy to hear she’s finally releasing this long awaited third album! However I have to say I’m not a super big fan of the title - it just seems really long and doesn’t roll off the tongue easily, it doesn’t really sound like an album title to me, but I guess at least it’s unique and different? 

I also think the cover is kind of all over the place with the colors and the album title is placed very awkwardly. 

On a positive, I’m glad that this album will have 15 tracks and there will be a lot of new ones that weren’t already released on her two EPs. That was something that really annoyed me about her last album, so I’m glad they have tried to include more tracks and more new songs this time.

As far as the new song “It Was Me” goes, I get this is a very emotional song for her and she says it’s her favorite she’s ever written, but I thought this was just ok. It feels long and dragged out IMO. But her vocals are some of her best ever and the traditional country sound is nice. It’s a choice to start off the album with a ballad. Maybe it’s going to tell a story all the way through like she felt insecure about herself and that led to a lot of failed relationships but now she is ok and happy with herself. Still looking forward to hearing the whole album on September 3rd and I also want to read her book!

• 3 weeks later...

Lauren’s tour with FGL is canceled. I’m disappointed for her but I sort of expected this would happen way back when it was first announced. It just seemed too early to be holding concerts again and the inevitable happened. At least her album is still coming out in 2 weeks and her book in November! Maybe she can do more virtual concerts like she did for her EP releases.

• 2 weeks later...