Lauren Alaina Fan Thread

aaronjudge

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Lauren Alaina was my third favorite in Season 10 (behind Haley and Pia), so I feel like I should check out some of her music. 😀 What do you guys recommend I start with? 

If you like really traditional country music, you can listen to her post-Idol debut Wildflower, but I don’t feel it represents who she is now as she was only 16 and didn’t write any of the songs except one.

If you’re into pop country, definitely give Road Less Traveled, her second album, a listen. It was released 5 years after her debut and she has writing credits on every song. It’s a lot more personal and grown up. 

Her best work so far though I think is her latest EP Getting Good. It’s much shorter if you don’t have time for a full album and is her most recent work. She has writing credits on every song except the title track and IMO this is her best work yet. Particularly The Other Side is a great song about the death of her stepfather. Country in Me and Somebody Else’s Problem are other highlights and of course the title track.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BogoGog24 said:

If you like really traditional country music, you can listen to her post-Idol debut Wildflower, but I don’t feel it represents who she is now as she was only 16 and didn’t write any of the songs except one.

If you’re into pop country, definitely give Road Less Traveled, her second album, a listen. It was released 5 years after her debut and she has writing credits on every song. It’s a lot more personal and grown up. 

Her best work so far though I think is her latest EP Getting Good. It’s much shorter if you don’t have time for a full album and is her most recent work. She has writing credits on every song except the title track and IMO this is her best work yet. Particularly The Other Side is a great song about the death of her stepfather. Country in Me and Somebody Else’s Problem are other highlights and of course the title track.

Thank you! I think I’ll check out Road Less Traveled since I’m into the Pop/Country thing, but I’ll also check out Getting Good, since you say it’s really good. 😊

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Lauren Alaina was my third favorite in Season 10 (behind Haley and Pia), so I feel like I should check out some of her music. 😀 What do you guys recommend I start with? 

Aw yay, welcome! ❤️ I recommend all of it. :haha:  I'lll name some of my favorite tracks from her albums.

From Wildflower: Georgia Peaches, Like My Mother Does (which she sang on Idol as her potential winners single), The Locket, Eighteen Inches, and Dirt Road Prayer.  Those are mostly ballads, but The Locket and Dirt Road Prayer are really so emotional and beautiful. ❤️ I never get tired of listening to them.

From Road Less Traveled: Doin' Fine, Three, Road Less Traveled, Painting PIllows, Next Boyfriend, Crashin' the Boys Club, Same Day Different Bottle, Holding the Other, and Pretty. ❤️  That's a lot, but you can really hear the growth between the two albums, even though I love both. Holding the Other is a personal favorite of mine, but several of the other songs tell such strong stories. 

From Getting Good EP:  Honestly, all of it.... Somebody Else's Problem is my least favorite, but I still enjoy it! I absolutely love all the other five songs: In My Veins, Getting Good, Ladies in the 90s, Country in Me, and The Other Side (this one is her most emotional and heartbreaking song abuut her stepfather's death :broken: ) 

She also has some other non-album/EP songs - Barefoot and Buckwild (super fun) and What Ifs (collaboration with Kane Brown, which was really successful). There are a few other collaborations too. :haha:  

I hope I didn't scare you away, haha. ❤️ I love her music so much.  Would love to know which songs end up being your favorites!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

I’m honestly confused if Getting Over Him is only a single or is it an EP? And she’s releasing 2 EPs in one year instead of a full album?

It's an EP (and one of the tracks on it)! She mentioned "new EP" in the Instagram caption and today she released the track listing! 

xm15avj.png

No idea what's going on with two EPs versus an album. Maybe she'll release an album later with all the tracks together? Although that would be kind of disappointing and pointless, so I don't know. :( I'm bothered there's not another single from Getting Good.

10 hours ago, miss denise said:

Aw yay, welcome! ❤️ I recommend all of it. :haha:  I'lll name some of my favorite tracks from her albums.

From Wildflower: Georgia Peaches, Like My Mother Does (which she sang on Idol as her potential winners single), The Locket, Eighteen Inches, and Dirt Road Prayer.  Those are mostly ballads, but The Locket and Dirt Road Prayer are really so emotional and beautiful. ❤️ I never get tired of listening to them.

From Road Less Traveled: Doin' Fine, Three, Road Less Traveled, Painting PIllows, Next Boyfriend, Crashin' the Boys Club, Same Day Different Bottle, Holding the Other, and Pretty. ❤️  That's a lot, but you can really hear the growth between the two albums, even though I love both. Holding the Other is a personal favorite of mine, but several of the other songs tell such strong stories. 

From Getting Good EP:  Honestly, all of it.... Somebody Else's Problem is my least favorite, but I still enjoy it! I absolutely love all the other five songs: In My Veins, Getting Good, Ladies in the 90s, Country in Me, and The Other Side (this one is her most emotional and heartbreaking song abuut her stepfather's death :broken: ) 

She also has some other non-album/EP songs - Barefoot and Buckwild (super fun) and What Ifs (collaboration with Kane Brown, which was really successful). There are a few other collaborations too. :haha:  

I hope I didn't scare you away, haha. ❤️ I love her music so much.  Would love to know which songs end up being your favorites!

I’m glad to hear all good things! 🙂 I actually listened to “Like My Mother Does” before and I really liked it! 😀 I think I remember that Kristy Lee Cook originally recorded it in 2008, which I found pretty interesting! 😅

Edited by Bk1234

12 hours ago, miss denise said:

It's an EP (and one of the tracks on it)! She mentioned "new EP" in the Instagram caption and today she released the track listing! 

No idea what's going on with two EPs versus an album. Maybe she'll release an album later with all the tracks together? Although that would be kind of disappointing and pointless, so I don't know. :( I'm bothered there's not another single from Getting Good.

Yeah I realized that once she posted about it. I guess the first single "Run" is coming out tomorrow, followed by the rest of the EP in September. Sucks we have to wait 2 months for it! And yeah I really hope she doesn't just combine the 2 EPs into one album 'cause there would really be no point in doing that. The decision to split the album into 2 EPs may have been due to the pandemic, I know she was still trying to write songs over Zoom calls and maybe the process is delayed since studios are closed, or only recently opening back up. Could also be a cost issue, maybe it's more financially feasible for the label right now than releasing a full album. I hope if and when she does put out a new album, it will be all new tracks and not just a combination of the 2 EPs we already have.

13 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m glad to hear all good things! 🙂 I actually listened to “Like My Mother Does” before and I really liked it! 😀 I think I remember that Kristy Lee Cook originally recorded it in 2008, which I found pretty interesting! 😅

Ah yes, you would have heard her sing that one on Idol, but I'm glad you enjoyed the studio version too! ❤️  Yes, it is on Kristy Lee Cook's album, which is so random. :haha: I like her version as well, but love Lauren's more. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

Yeah I realized that once she posted about it. I guess the first single "Run" is coming out tomorrow, followed by the rest of the EP in September. Sucks we have to wait 2 months for it! And yeah I really hope she doesn't just combine the 2 EPs into one album 'cause there would really be no point in doing that. The decision to split the album into 2 EPs may have been due to the pandemic, I know she was still trying to write songs over Zoom calls and maybe the process is delayed since studios are closed, or only recently opening back up. Could also be a cost issue, maybe it's more financially feasible for the label right now than releasing a full album. I hope if and when she does put out a new album, it will be all new tracks and not just a combination of the 2 EPs we already have.

I just saw that about Run! I'm excited to hear it tomorrow. ❤️ Yeah, that would be silly, so I'm not sure what she has planned other than just the EPs on their own. :(  Possibly. I guess in a way it's almost like an album since we get 12 songs released this year (even if a few from the last EP we had heard before - that can happen with album releases too). I'll try to think of it as a good thing, and this time all six songs are new! 😄 

Curious to hear how the song with Lukas Graham sounds. That's a very unexpected duet. :haha: 

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I just listened to her album Road Less Traveled and I liked it enough! 😁 I don’t know if I’d call myself a HUGE fan, but it was pretty enjoyable. 👍

Yay! Which songs were your favorites? ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I am obsessed with her song Road Less Traveled after listening to it again! :wub:

A couple fun facts: It was cowritten by Meghan Trainor and it was also Lauren's first #1 single on country radio! It also inspired her first movie, which she starred in called Road Less Traveled.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed her concert last night on US Cellular but I think it must have been prerecorded and then just streamed live because she didn’t play any of the new songs. She only performed 6 songs: Georgia Peaches, Somebody Else’s Problem, Getting Good, Three, What Ifs, and Road Less Traveled. She also made reference to GG being her current single which is obviously old news. 

Initially I didn’t think it was worth paying $20+ to watch a concert online for the show she’s doing tomorrow but I decided I really would like to hear the new songs live and I think it’ll be fun to watch. I’ve been working hard recently and it’ll be nice to have something fun to look forward to. I also decided to purchase a signed copy of both EPs since they were only $6 each on her website. 

• Like 1