idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Marsala

Lauren Alaina Fan Thread

Lauren to Perform on Dancing With the Stars

Lauren is in the finals! She seems to be peaking at the right time with her performances. Last night she was absolutely stellar. She has a real shot at winning if all of her fans vote like crazy. You can vote for Lauren next Monday night Nov. 25th during the broadcast. Simply text "Lauren" to 21523. You can vote 10 X. Let's help get Lauren the win!

Edited by istersay

"Getting Good" Music Video

AkNc0-7ierw

I love it. :wub: It's so cute and love that she dances so much with Gleb in it!

She didn't win, but she still did amazing and it was so much fun to watch her on the show this season. :wub: :bye2:

Lauren announced her new EP coming March 6th! :spaz:

sHtCwME.jpg

Track listing: 

1. In My Veins
2. Getting Good
3. Somebody Else’s Problem
4. Ladies In The ’90s
5. Country In Me
6. The Other Side

This is such a fantastic interview of Lauren's. She talks about struggling with insecurities during and after Idol, her stepfather's battle with cancer and how it impacted her faith, and more. So good. ❤️ 

New EP out today. :wub: :spaz: 

In My Veins is my favorite of the new songs. ❤️ 

^ That’s funny because I think In My Veins is actually my least favorite from the EP lol

I’ve only listened to the EP all the way through once but so far I thought In My Veins and Somebody Else’s Problem we’re just alright. I really liked Country in Me, however it sounds really similar to songs like “Lover” by Taylor Swift and “Tell Me It’s Over” by Avril Lavigne, so unfortunately it’s not really that unique sounding. But I still love Getting Good, Ladies in the ‘90s, and The Other Side the best. 

My ranking from favorite/best to least favorite/worst:

1. The Other Side

2. Ladies in the ‘90s

3. Getting Good

4. Country in Me

5. Somebody Else’s Problem

6. In My Veins

Overall I actually thought the EP was kind of disappointing. I was super hyped about it, but I ended up not being that super impressed with the 3 unheard songs, other than Country in Me. I think the 3 singles she put out beforehand are the strongest cuts. But sometimes music takes a few listens to grow on me so maybe I will change my mind. 

On 3/7/2020 at 4:16 AM, BogoGog24 said:

^ That’s funny because I think In My Veins is actually my least favorite from the EP lol

I’ve only listened to the EP all the way through once but so far I thought In My Veins and Somebody Else’s Problem we’re just alright. I really liked Country in Me, however it sounds really similar to songs like “Lover” by Taylor Swift and “Tell Me It’s Over” by Avril Lavigne, so unfortunately it’s not really that unique sounding. But I still love Getting Good, Ladies in the ‘90s, and The Other Side the best. 

My ranking from favorite/best to least favorite/worst:

1. The Other Side

2. Ladies in the ‘90s

3. Getting Good

4. Country in Me

5. Somebody Else’s Problem

6. In My Veins

Overall I actually thought the EP was kind of disappointing. I was super hyped about it, but I ended up not being that super impressed with the 3 unheard songs, other than Country in Me. I think the 3 singles she put out beforehand are the strongest cuts. But sometimes music takes a few listens to grow on me so maybe I will change my mind. 

Aww.  :( I loved In My Veins right away on first listen! I like the other two as well, but it's easy for me to say:

1. In My Veins

2. Country in Me

3. Somebody Else's Problem

The Other Side is definitely my favorite of them all. :wub: It's just too powerful and heartwrenching to say otherwise. Overall, I prefer the songs released previously as well (and love all three of them), but will get used to the new ones in time so they may rank closer together. :yes: I mostly wish there were more songs and not only a few new ones. 😢But at least it's something to hold us over until hopefully another full-length album. 

• Like 1

The thing that I don't like about these EPs that she releases before albums is that by the time the album comes out, we've already heard half the songs. I wish that she would include all new, unheard songs on the album and just have the EP be its own thing. For example, when she released Road Less Traveled, she said something like she wrote 200 songs (maybe even more than that, can't remember), which is insane for one album, yet we only heard 12 of them, 4 were released on an EP beforehand, so it only left 8 unheard songs. Out of 200!

On 3/11/2020 at 11:45 AM, BogoGog24 said:

The thing that I don't like about these EPs that she releases before albums is that by the time the album comes out, we've already heard half the songs. I wish that she would include all new, unheard songs on the album and just have the EP be its own thing. For example, when she released Road Less Traveled, she said something like she wrote 200 songs (maybe even more than that, can't remember), which is insane for one album, yet we only heard 12 of them, 4 were released on an EP beforehand, so it only left 8 unheard songs. Out of 200!

Ugh yeah, I know. :( That's what I don't like about EPs in general, although true that sometimes they are standalone projects and not previews of future albums. I guess we'll see what she does this time. She did say this was a great transition for between albums, but not sure if that means it will be its own thing or not.  And for real, I know artists mention writing hundreds of songs when they're in the studio and I"m just like.... whyy can't we hear more of them? 😢 :haha: 

On 3/11/2020 at 3:54 PM, istersay said:

❤️ 

Lauren and her puns. ❤️ :giggle: 

:bobo: 

I just randomly remembered today that Lauren did that Road Less Traveled movie a few years ago. Has anyone here ever seen it? I was thinking about maybe renting it sometime to watch but tbh the trailer looked so bad. I’m wondering if it’s any good/worth seeing. 

On 3/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, BogoGog24 said:

I just randomly remembered today that Lauren did that Road Less Traveled movie a few years ago. Has anyone here ever seen it? I was thinking about maybe renting it sometime to watch but tbh the trailer looked so bad. I’m wondering if it’s any good/worth seeing. 

I don't even know. :lmao: But I would watch it just for Lauren. 

• Haha 1

Unreleased song, "If I Was My Best Friend." Looks like it'll be on the next album. ❤️ 

Lauren is featured on this new song with Breland! Never heard of him before, but it’s a fun song. :bobo:❤️ 

OOoh, I didn't realize Lauren came out with more music! I need to check that out :haha:

New version with Trisha Yearwood. ❤️ 

New EP coming September 4th! ❤️ 

Posted (edited)

Lauren Alaina was my third favorite in Season 10 (behind Haley and Pia), so I feel like I should check out some of her music. 😀 What do you guys recommend I start with? 

Edited by Bk1234

I’m honestly confused if Getting Over Him is only a single or is it an EP? And she’s releasing 2 EPs in one year instead of a full album?