Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

329 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Voice S14 - Spoilers/News/Updates, Premiere Monday, Feb. 26, 2018 - Stay on Topic Please
Weirdoo
post Oct 22nd 2017, 3:53 AM
Post #81

Group: Members

Fav. Survivor: Kelley Wentworth

QUOTE(Nerf39 @ Oct 22nd 2017, 3:34 AM) *

What if the twist is that the coach can turn back around if they don't like what they see? stuart.gif

That's my guess, trying to find more about it atm.

--------------------
Fav TV16: Presley Tennant
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

lindsey-grey
Post #82

Fav. Addison Agen

The new twist only happens once and it was at the last tapping? I literally have no idea about what it could be. I'd like to enjoy S14, so please let it be some minor feature.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Weirdoo
post Oct 22nd 2017, 3:58 AM
Post #83

Could be the curtain thing that some Voice versions around the world too, in that case the no feedback thing would only apply to that specific contestant, assuming they don't turn a chair.

--------------------
+Quote Post
thevoicefan45
post Oct 22nd 2017, 8:50 AM
Post #84

Fav. Kesha

QUOTE(Nerf39 @ Oct 22nd 2017, 2:34 AM) *

What if the twist is that the coach can turn back around if they don't like what they see? stuart.gif

Omg that would be so sad

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pokey638
post Oct 22nd 2017, 9:34 AM
Post #85

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse
Fav. AI14: Jax

QUOTE(Nerf39 @ Oct 22nd 2017, 2:34 PM) *

Then the show wouldn't be The Voice anymore.

--------------------
TV: Dia-Juliet-CASSADEE-DANIELLE-Cole-Jake-Matt-Brooke-Emily-Mary-Brendan-Lauren-CHLOE-BRYNN
IPB Image
+Quote Post
seak05
post Oct 22nd 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #86

This is off a shefani fan tumblr...I don't which taping it was, though I think towards the end:

The day I went to the show there were no 4 chair turns, a couple with 2, and several with 1. There was 1 that incorporated the “new” feature. I saw 17 auditions. Lots of no chair turns. On the no chair turns most coaches tell them why they didn’t turn and give them something to work on. Same as you see on tv. K needed a little coaching from time to time. She talks a lot. And over coaches and contestants. I’m sure they will have to edit her down. The 1st to go was a 1 chair turn by B.

This post has been edited by seak05: Oct 22nd 2017, 10:18 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TeamAudra
post Oct 22nd 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #87

Considering there were 38 no chair turns for the S13 blinds, I would imagine those tapings are boring as hell.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tenebreuse
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #88

QUOTE(Pokey638 @ Oct 22nd 2017, 10:34 AM) *
QUOTE(Nerf39 @ Oct 22nd 2017, 2:34 AM) *

Then the show wouldn't be The Voice anymore.

I agree, it would go against the basic premise of the show. Too much of their concept and marketing relies on the idea that "it's not about what you see, it's only about the voice". Everyone knows it's not true anymore once battles start, but they have to keep it true for the blinds.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Weirdoo
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:11 PM
Post #89

Ok, I found out about the new twist: each coach has one block that they can use during the blinds. They can block another coach from having a contestant on their teams. My source told me Kelly used hers to block Alicia from competing to get a 4 chair turn girl who sung If I Ain't Got You (a strategic move). The girl ultimately picked Kelly. So in other words, it prevents the contestant from picking a specific coach.

Of course this will be labeled as a cool new twist that can hurt the coaches when it's actually something that hurt the contestants lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
marlin
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #90

This post has been edited by marlin: Mar 16th 2018, 12:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
wildestinvegas
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #91

QUOTE(Weirdoo @ Oct 22nd 2017, 12:11 PM) *

Ok, I found out about the new twist: each coach has one block that they can use during the blinds. They can block another coach from having a contestant on their teams. My source told me Kelly used hers to block Alicia from competing to get a 4 chair turn girl who sung If I Ain't Got You (a strategic move). The girl ultimately picked Kelly. So in other words, it prevents the contestant from picking a specific coach.

Of course this will be labeled as a cool new twist that can hurt the coaches when it's actually something that hurt the contestants lol

Not as bad as I was expecting but also not cool. Adam is gonna use it for sure in a country artist.

--------------------
IPB Image
Sig by LeAnne2149
+Quote Post
seak05
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #92

QUOTE(wildestinvegas @ Oct 22nd 2017, 1:19 PM) *

Not as bad as I was expecting but also not cool. Adam is gonna use it for sure in a country artist.

Yeah, I have a feeling this is really going to screw Blake & country artists. You usually only have 1 or 2 that are excellent (or at least 4 chair turns) in any given year.

I don't really like this at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
marlin
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #93

--------------------
+Quote Post
Weirdoo
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:45 PM
Post #94

They can only use it once per season though, so they'll probably be using it on 4 chair turns lmao

--------------------
+Quote Post
thevoicerules
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #95

Fav. The Voice S12: Lauren Duski

Why is my favorite show becoming so gross? wtf is this twist

--------------------
S1: Dia Frampton, Javier Colon, Xenia S2: Katrina Parker, Juliet Simms, Lindsey Pavao
S3: Amanda Brown, Cody Belew, Cassadee Pope S4: Sasha Allen, Sarah Simmons, Amber Carrington
S5: Jacquie Lee, Kat Robichaud, Ray Boudreaux S6: Christina Grimmie, Bria Kelly, Kat Perkins
S7: Chris Jamison, Luke Wade, Reagan James S8: India Carney, Caitlin Caporale, Brooke Adee
S9: Ellie Lawrence, Emily Ann Roberts, Amy Vachal S10: Hannah Huston, Alisan Porter, Mary Sarah
S11: Ali Caldwell, Sa'Rayah, WŤ McDonald S12: Hunter Plake, Lauren Duski, Lilli Passero
S13: Chloe Kohanski, Keisha Renee, Noah Mac S14: Brynn Cartelli, Jackie Foster, Christiana Danielle
+Quote Post
marlin
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:53 PM
Post #96

--------------------
+Quote Post
TeamAudra
post Oct 22nd 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #97

If itís used on a 2 chair, itís basically a steal. If itís used on 3-4 chairs, the contestant might be pissed and not pick the coach that blocked their choice of coach.

--------------------
+Quote Post
marlin
post Oct 22nd 2017, 1:02 PM
Post #98

--------------------
+Quote Post
tenebreuse
post Oct 22nd 2017, 1:03 PM
Post #99

QUOTE(Weirdoo @ Oct 22nd 2017, 1:11 PM) *

I really don't like this no.gif . Such a crappy move. I get it might enhance the drama for TV but come on, the artists that manage to turn more than one chair deserve to keep their perk of being able to choose the coach they want. I'd have said it sucked for the coaches too, but the coaches at least knew about that twist beforehand, when I bet the contestants probably didn't. Some might not have auditioned if they'd known thumbdown.gif .

I feel it raises a lot of questions: is it something all coaches can use, or have to use? Can a coach only use it if they've turned their chair for an artist too? What would happen if only 2 coaches turned for an artist and they both used their block against the other, could the contestant be prevented from joining the show at all???

--------------------
+Quote Post
TeamAudra
post Oct 22nd 2017, 1:03 PM
Post #100

QUOTE(marlin @ Oct 22nd 2017, 1:02 PM) *

Or they might think "this coach really wants me so badly, maybe I should give him/her a chance" and pick that coach.

Could be. It will be case by case.

--------------------
+Quote Post

329 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 20th 2019, 6:13 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol