Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vocal Masterclass Evaluations Thread
Jess
post Mar 21st 2007, 5:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. SYTYCD7: Robert Roldan
Fav. SYTYCD8: Melanie Moore
Fav. AI15: Trent Harmon

http://masterclasslady.com/2007/

This lady updates her blog with evaluations of the performances every week and has really smart things to say. She's very constructive but also very praising to all of their positive qualities. I really enjoy reading these. original.gif

[quote]Blake Lewis: “You Should Be Dancing” and “This Is Where I Came In”

Strengths: Blake – I loved the beat boxing format of both numbers this week. However, if I had to pick a favorite, your first number, “You Should Be Dancing” was absolutely the star of the show here. I just placed my pen on my lap during this number and watched the vocal magic unfold. What was there not to like or appreciate? Obviously the judges were on some other wavelength because I thought this was a brilliant and meticulous performance.

From the opening pitch centered falsetto singing- a signature element in all of the Bee Gees musical arrangements- to the additional scat and beat boxing components intermingled throughout this number, this was a very entertaining, thoroughly unique performance. My favorite vocal element was the staccato beat boxing effect in this number. It was rhythmically secure and solid. Your musicality was so palpable during this number, giving testament to the fact that you are an extremely talented and gifted artist.

As always, you moved with rhythmic ease and security during both selections, nicely balancing the vocals with the stage choreography. Vocally, however, your technique was more solid and better formulated during the first number. I found that your head position remained consistently level with the camera angle and your mouth was circular and your jaw relaxed during the sustained singing segments of this number.

Your second number, “This Is Where I Came In”, although not as successful as the first, had some special characteristics that were not as evident in the first number. For instance, the melodic line in the opening bars of this number highlighted your beautifully resonant lower range. As I said in your Top 6 performance during the Idol Gives Back showcase, you really should travel this vocal journey more often, Blake, as your baritone range is really gorgeous and begs to be developed and showcased in a more consistent manner.

And although I noticed the “head raising” issue a couple of times in the second number, I also noticed you quickly pulling your head down back into position, It was actually quite cute and made me realize that you are really trying to correct and improve on your vocal technique with each passing week.

Also, your classical approach to diction was so appreciated, particularly in the second number. It was oh so British and correct – pure vowels and classical “r” and “l” consonants all the way! Excellent work Blake. Kudos!

Critique: Blake – as previously stated, I really loved your first number, “You Should Be Dancing” and found it entertaining, creative and downright flawless. I sat with my mouth open when the judges basically trashed it. I thought they would be “into contemporary music and innovative interpretation”, but I guess I was wrong.

However, that being said, I am going to be so daring as to suggest that their comments affected the perfect ten performance of your second number, “This Is Where I Came In”. In the first number, you came out fighting; the second number, you looked defeated. Hmm – I wonder why? Additionally, your eyes lost its spark and you looked anxious, almost second guessing everything throughout your performance.

As a result, although that beautiful lower range was produced through stellar technical support, your upper range sounded very tense and constricted – certainly less open and pure than I have heard in the past.

You must always remember to keep the throat open and relaxed, allowing the powerful diaphragmatic breathing muscles to place and resonate your voice in your vocal masque. However, sometimes, all of this techno mumbo jumbo is easier said than done when you are “under the judging gun”.

However, what you must never do, Blake, is second- guess your talent and the superb skills that are so unique to your specific brand of talent. Stay positive and focused on your personal artistic mission, as I believe that you are an exclusive entity in the music business. In case anyone disagrees, when in the past six seasons of Idol, have we ever seen a performer remotely similar to Blake? I rest my case.[/quote]
[quote]Blake Lewis: “Imagine” by John Lennon

Strengths: Blake – I absolutely loved the opening strains of this song which included the lovely acoustic guitar accompaniment accompanied by your quiet, yet passionate vocal and visual demeanor. It firmly established the emotional mood and texture of this wonderful song classic. Additionally, I loved the added reverberation in the microphone; it was the perfect touch and it added depth and resonance to your clean, pitch perfect tenor voice.

Once again, that circular mouth on those sustained pure vowels were a welcome presence throughout this song, and rendered a cohesive, smooth approach to your melodic line. Your refined, bel canto approach when vocalizing this song allowed your voice to have presence and ring, as it encouraged you to center and place your voice in your vocal masque. Also, it drew attention to the fact that you were, indeed, exercising a high degree of diaphragmatic breath support in the vocalization process.

That being said, your vocal range sounded quite secure throughout this song, save for one misstep that I will discuss in the “critique” portion of this article. Also, the 2nd time you sang through your falsetto line you exhibited wonderful control and you moved effortlessly from your natural tenor range into this lighter, headier quality of your voice.

Also, I really felt that you were attempting to keep that head level with the camera and with your audience. Yes, every so often we would lose your eyes, but you quickly maneuvered your head back to the proper position. This is really a difficult habit to lose, but with time and patience that problematic elevated head position will be a distant memory.

The key selection for the performance of this song was “right on the money”. Any higher and you would have encountered some serious vocal issues with your upper range.

Also, the tonality of the song allowed you to highlight the beauty and depth of your gorgeous baritone range. Your voice sounded velvety and creamy in texture when you entered this area of your range, providing beautiful contrast with the light, ringing quality of your tenor range. Again, you moved with ease into the lower register, incorporating the essential “head tone” element to render a ringing baritone sound.

Please give us more “baritone treats” in your future performances, Blake. To me, your voice sounded the most natural and free in the lower part of your range. Just a little something to consider in your future song selections!

This was, all in all, a solid and moving performance. Kudos!

Critique: Blake – you encountered a problem with the first area of falsetto singing in this song. For whatever reason, it seemed to take you by surprise and, as a result, your diaphragmatic support system failed you.

Sometimes, if the voice is tired or dry, then this can affect the upper range – almost cause a delay in the manifestation of the sound. This may have been the problem and it is to your credit that you have the technical prowess to assist you when problems like this occur on stage. Obviously you do, as the second falsetto portion of this song was absolutely flawless.

Also, echoing the statements of the judges, I have to agree that, although the song was beautifully sung, you could have, perhaps, been more inventive when phrasing the melodic line. At times, I felt that you were taking a fragmented approach to this song, breathing in all the predictable places instead of carrying your breathing a little longer through the phrases in the melodic line.

For instance, you did breathe in the normal breath spot after the words: “It’s easy if you try”. It would have been more interesting if you had carried the phrase further into the next line: “No hell below us” without a breath, allowing the voice to crescendo and move toward the 2nd line. I hope I am making myself clear here, Blake.

As beautiful as this song is, it is one of those songs that can fall into the dumpster unless you add something new and interesting that has not been heard before. The song still needs to attain the correct level of simplicity so as not to deter the emotional and poignant message it conveys. However, inventive phrasing combined with dynamic variety would have added increased dimension to this song.

Hope this assists you, Blake. And –where oh where did the beat boxing go? This is what defined you as a unique artist. We know you can sing, now let’s try to combine the two in at least one of your future performances.[/quote]
[quote]Blake Lewis: “When The Stars Go Blue”

Strengths: Blake – as in last week’s performance, your understated demeanor was absolutely perfect for this particular song. I have never heard this song before. Therefore, being unfamiliar with the original version. I felt that you adopted an intelligent, almost esoteric approach to this country song. If there is such an idiom as country jazz, then this performance filled that niche perfectly.

This week, the implementation of your solid technical foundation was a tangible and continuing presence throughout this performance. My ears perked up immensely when I heard you vocalize those classical “Ah” sounds when singing the “A” vowel. Further to this, the relaxed, lightly articulated “r” consonant was excellent. When singers learn to adopt the more formal English pronunciation in their singing style, then the aesthetic qualities of the singing voice sound more refined and polished.

This week, we heard more dimension in your singing voice, as you moved quite smoothly into your crystal clear falsetto (head tone) range. You have always incorporated head tone into your vocal sound, Blake, and this is why your voice has always resonated with pitch-centered security throughout your range.

Also, like Lakisha, that circular mouth of yours has now become a “Blake trademark.” I have great respect for singers who place a high value on the importance of singing technically well. The artistry is important, but you have both elements going for you, Blake, so I applaud your intelligent and studied approach to your singing style.

Also that wonderful crescendo in the early stages of this song, as you sustained your upper register note, was perfect. Did anyone else hear this except me? It was beautifully done and the gradual movement into the louder dynamic level was technically secure. You started with a perfectly placed, softer dynamic – pure head tone really – then allowed the diaphragmatic muscles to create the crescendo toward the forte dynamic.

As always, your choreographic skills were flawless and rhythmically implemented and added the perfect touch to a beautifully programmed showcase.

Great work, Blake!

Critique: Blake – this week, we still had some problems with your elevated head position, so I would caution you to continue to work on this distractive element in your stage presence. I know that this is a very difficult habit to change, as it has become ingrained in you over the years.

However, I find that this week it wasn’t as prevalent, as, the camera angles were working in your favor. You owe the cameramen a free dinner! (smile)

Also, make certain that you continue to work on developing the expressive elements in you face and in your voice. I still felt that you were somewhat detached from the emotional core of the song. Perhaps, expressively reciting the lyrics apart from the music will assist you in developing more nuance and flavor in your singing style.

Best of luck in your future performances, Blake![/quote]
[quote]Blake Lewis: “I Need To Know”

Strengths: Blake – I felt that this was the strongest performance of the night and your relaxed, almost understated demeanor was absolutely perfect for this song. You communicated the lyrics clearly; there was a story happening while you performed and you made certain that the narrative was clear, concise and appropriately emoted.

Once again, your choreographic skills were superb throughout this number. You internalized the rhythm and then effortlessly moved to the pulse of the music with your distinctive style. And, was that you vocalizing the hushed rhythmic percussive sound at the beginning of this song? If so, I loved it. It added to the sultry and passionate nature of this song.

Also, your circular mouth formation while you sustained your melodic line served to enhance your light tenor voice to full effect. This signaled that you were really attempting to solidify your vocal projection through the correct technical process, utilizing the diaphragm to focus and resonate your voice.

This was a superb song choice, Blake and an overall great performance.

Critique: Blake – this week, the head position issue became problematic once again. I thought it went away after last week’s performance but it was baaaaack! Yikes. I wanted to grab your chin and yank it down when you moved into the higher range.

This technical problem was very evident when you sang the last note of your phrase lines. When you tried to vocalize the upper note that ended each phrase, you moved the head up, thus losing eye contact with your audience and hindering the aesthetic quality of your vocal sound. Your tenor voice sounded squeezed, almost pinched and this was due to the tension and the poorly placed head position during these segments of the song.

I was confused at the events that set this backpedaling technical glitch in motion, as last week you did not experience this upper body problem. The only thing that I could think of was that, perhaps, you were not confident in the technical approach needed to navigate the final notes at the end of your phrases.

Again, it came down to – well – thinking downward as you moved up in range. In other words, instead of reaching for the upper notes, you needed to sing over them, while at the same time, allowing your knees to bend slightly. Also, a little “tush squeezing” wouldn’t have hurt either. Ha! Try it! It works.

Some sections of this song rested solely in your upper register and had a cyclic melodic component that encouraged you to push the sound out from the throat rather than utilize the diaphragmatic breathing muscles in the vocalization process.

Repetitive passages can be the downfall of many singers, as they are monotonous and, therefore, ignored in the musical delivery. However, these passages must be musically phrased and controlled as efficiently as a non-repetitive phrase line – in fact even more so.

In conclusion, I really did feel that this song could have been sung a semitone or tone lower than what was originally performed. I think your overall vocal sound would have sounded more comfortable and free. Therefore, be very careful of the key selection of your songs when you research your music in the coming weeks. [/quote]
[quote]Blake Lewis: “Mack The Knife”

Strengths: Blake – this was a great song choice for you. You looked more relaxed and expressively open throughout this number, something that I feel has been lacking to some extent in some of your past performances. Your eyes maintained the necessary sparkle and feistiness that is so necessary for the communicative elements of this song.

I loved how you negotiated the syncopated rhythms in this song. Your choreographic skills were impeccable and added great dimension to the overall entertainment value of this song performance. You connected with this song and the song connected with you.

However the big news is your vocals! My, what a difference from weeks past! Gone was the elevated head position that was a constant critique in these evaluations. You maintained an even and uniform head position throughout this song, thus improving on the level of your vocal and communicative skills. We could see your eyes, Blake, and, as a result, you were able to connect in a stronger and more believable fashion with your studio and television audience.

This technical change in the head position could not have been easy to achieve, as old habits are very inflexible and stubborn. However, you were diligent and persistent enough to make this change and your truly reaped the benefits during this week’s showcase.

Additionally, this procedural change in your head position made a huge difference in the presence and quality of your vocal ability. Your voice resonated with greater efficiency, as the muscles in your throat and neck were more relaxed and free, thus allowing you to access the diaphragmatic muscles in a more consistent manner. The lower half of your body finally kicked in and strengthened and solidified the forward projection of your voice. Awesome!

Your sustaining ability on the pure vowels, while maintaining a circular mouth position, supplemented the excellent quality of your vocal timbre. Your voice wrapped with ease and clarity around the melodic line and the pitch -centered purity of your voice, save for a couple of instances, was a viable presence throughout this showcase.

Very good work indeed, Blake!

Critique: Blake – you suffered a couple of extremely minor pitch problems at the beginning of this number, but, I felt that this was due to nervous energy rather than a lack of technical skills. As the song moved forward, your pitch was secure and centered, so I was happy to see that you accessed your diaphragmatic breathing skills to rectify this problem early on in this number.

Also, as previously stated, your vocal timbre did indeed sound crystal clear throughout this song. However, I felt that you needed to add some more of the “gangsta” quality in this song. The song calls for some grit and growl in the vocal timbre and these nuances were noticeably absent in this showcase.

Make certain that you fully internalize the emotion of your song, so that we hear more dimension and expressiveness in your vocal style. I know this is difficult for you, Blake, as you have a very light, lyrical quality to your voice and this makes it hard to add color and dimension to your vocal sound.

However, if you feel> and live the words and music of this or any song, you might surprise yourself. Be an actor. Act aggressively if the emotion calls for it and I think you will be amazed at the renewed energy and focus that your vocal sound will achieve. You are a creative artist in the sense that you do visualize different harmonic elements in a song. Now, what you must do is apply this level of creativity to the emotional delivery in your songs and you will be good to go.

However, all in all, this was a solid and noticeably improved vocal performance this week. Bravo!

Share your comments about Blake’s performance

Blake Edward’s Idolforums.Com Masterclass Discussion[/quote]
[quote]Blake Lewis: “Love Song” by The Cure

Strengths: Blake – I loved the sustained, hushed intensity at the beginning of this song, paving the way for a slightly more resonant vocal sound later on in this number. This is what good singing is all about – providing dynamic contrast and speech like inflection. There is no other way to communicate lyrics when you sing; they have to sound convincing and the passion must be internalized. Therefore, to some extent, I think you really understood this vocal principle, Blake.

As in other weeks, you have stayed very true to the bel canto method of maintaining a circular mouth position on your vowels. This made such an impact on the clarity and ring of your voice and, additionally ensured the pitch- centered beauty of your voice throughout your light tenor range.

Once again, you stayed loyal to your artistic vision and never wavered from your personal American Idol agenda this week. You have an esoteric approach toward your music that I truly love, but be very careful with song selection in the future. You are walking a very fine line here between bringing something totally unique to the Idol stage and isolating a higher demography of fans.

Critique: Blake – I already touched on song selection in the “Strengths” portion of this evaluation. There are positives and negatives assigned to your approach and, in the future, I would be very wary of the negatives

Also, where was the beat boxing this week? Gwen Stefani referenced that you would be implementing this skillful element, but, come show time, it was not a happening thing. Have you been reading the message boards? If you have, then stay away and focus on what you feel is intuitively correct for you. In many ways, the song sounded figuratively flat – it was repetitive, lacking in a high degree of vocal dimension and inflection. If you felt the need to eliminate the beat boxing, then some melodic variation would have been the ticket for this song. Anything to recharge the momentum!

Your voice did not have the same level of energy that is customarily present when you mix in a dash of beat boxing or scat. It almost seemed that you were singing outside of your comfort zone and your eyes communicated this fact. You looked distracted, almost thinking too much as you performed. Part of me wondered if you made last minute changes to the song, as your face and your demeanor appeared distracted and anxious.

Also, be very careful to watch your head position when you sing into your upper range. You have a tendency to raise your head and, in so doing, cause considerable vocal tension and loss of eye contact with your television and live audience.

Think down when moving through your upper range. It actually is beneficial to bend the knees slightly, as this encourages the soft palate to remain elevated and the diaphragmatic breathing muscles to connect with greater ease and efficiency. Presently, you are not using those breathing muscles in a strong and disciplined manner. They have to flex and contract as you sing and, if this is not happening, then you must correct and improve on this very important technical regime.

Good luck in your future performances, Blake and I am still waiting for that a cappella beat boxing number I mentioned in last week’s vocal masterclass session.[/quote]
[quote]Blake Lewis: “Time Of The Season” by the Zombies

Strengths: Blake – I loved loved loved this song and the arrangement behind this superb performance. Once again, your arranging skills weaved and worked its magic by transforming this great classic into a current and contemporary sound. However, what was so great is that you still maintained the original melodic structure of this song, while mixing a subtle beat box rhythm into the harmonic structure. The blend of sustained singing and beat boxing was absolutely perfect. Good for you!

This performance was beautiful in its simplicity and your performing style appeared effortless, yet obviously extremely well rehearsed. You initiated some great choreographic elements that flowed rhythmically and subtly throughout this showcase. Nothing looked out of place. It was a very current, well- formulated number.

You are an extremely intelligent performer, Blake and appear to be a very focused and conscientious young musician who is striving to achieve great success as a distinctly creative artist.

Critique: Blake – you are a wonderful performer and I applaud you for refining your stage skills. You are entertaining to watch, a breath of fresh air. However, you must continue to work on adding more presence to your vocal sound.

As I said last week, you must continue to develop dimension to your vocal sound. I think what is happening is that you are approaching your sustained vocal sound with the same technique you use when beat boxing. You are vocalizing from the mouth and throat area, as you do when you beat box and then transferring this process to your sustained singing.

You have to realize that the pure voice needs the powerful support that comes from the diaphragmatic breathing muscles. Also, when you sing, your mouth is less involved with the process, as your vocal masque (your face) must stay relaxed and open, thus allowing you to access the diaphragmatic breathing muscles with more consistency and assurance. Indeed, the mouth must move to articulate the consonants, but it must do so as a springboard to the vowels within your lyrics. The vowels are important to the sustained flow of the melodic line.

Grab those vowels and work on implementing a cohesive blend of chest and head voice throughout your range. And find that vibrato. It seems that you and Haley misplaced it along the way to the Top 12. (smile). Remember, this element, when used correctly, lends a distinctive sound to your vocal timbre.

However, all in all, this was an overall very satisfying performance and I feel that you are becoming increasingly comfortable on stage.

Also, looking into my crystal ball, I visualize you performing an a cappella number, allowing your rhythmic beat - boxing skills to act as percussion for your sustained singing. Now, that sounds like a plan and would be an American Idol first![/quote]
[quote]BLAKE LEWIS: YOU KEEP ME HANGING ON

Strengths: Blake – I credit you for creating a unique arrangement for this Motown classic. You are staying absolutely true to your artistic vision of creating and implementing a contemporary sound to this year’s American Idol format.

I loved your stage technique right off the top of the number. It was excellent and emphasized the extent of your performing talent. You are an intelligent and focused young musician and this choice of song arrangement coupled with your performing talent authentically communicated this.

You have a very strong, rhythmic sense when you perform and I could feel that your body was totally synchronized with the basic rhythmic core of this number. Your stage movements were fluid and refined.

Vocally, your voice sounded quite resonant throughout this performance. I have great respect for your ability to implement a sound technical approach in every performance, Blake, and this week your more sustained singing emphasized this fact. Your mouth was circular and relaxed on the sustained vowels and your vocal timbre had a seamless, light quality that indicated a high degree of head tone implementation in your vocal projection.

Good work, Blake!

Critique: Blake – now I am going to say something that I rarely have to say to any singer. I felt that you needed to add more chest voice to your overall vocal timbre in this week’s performance. Chest voice? Yes, chest voice! I felt that your overall vocal sound lacked intensity and variation in the dynamic range. I felt that you needed to access the diaphragmatic breath support in a more cohesive and aggressive manner, in an effort to add more dimension to your vocal timbre.

Chest voice, when utilized properly, adds a meaty sound to your vocal texture, adding contrast to the lighter, softer dynamic in your voice. Head voice always must stay at the core of vocal production, but you must work to blend some chest voice into your vocal sound so that we can hear the full extent of your dynamic range.

I know it is there, Blake, because I did hear evidence of a slight vibrato in your previous performances. Perhaps the absence of the beat boxing, free style of your singing was proving to be an obstructing factor in this week’s overall performance, thus creating a lack of energy and muscle in this Top 12 performance. If so, you have to work on implementing more dimension in the more sustained singing with the same technical passion. You must feel your muscles flexing to support and cultivate every note in the melodic line.

Finally, perhaps it was a technical issue, but I felt that the key was a semi-tone too high for your voice, thus eliminating the depth and richness of your overall timbre. Make certain that you are rehearsing your songs in a variety of keys in order to establish the most perfect singing range for a particular number. [/quote]
[quote]BLAKE LEWIS: ALL MIXED UP

Blake – your performances never disappoint me and this week was no exception. I have never heard this song, yet I loved it. It was perfect for you and I was thoroughly entertained throughout this all too brief performance. The performance was fluid and relaxed and you conveyed a confident and energetic demeanor throughout this infectious song.

As you indicated in your lyrics, there was a little reggae, hip hop and beat boxing mixed in with some wonderfully sustained melodic singing. All of these stylistic elements emphasized the depth and scope of your musical intelligence. Stylistically, you rendered an absolutely believable performance that was rhythmically secure and meticulously well paced. You exuded a strong sense of control in this performance, both in voice and in movement.

You have a very current sound yet there is a strong technical approach that forms the basis of this modern style. How I wish there was more of this approach in the vocal renderings of some of our biggest modern singing artists! Perhaps you will start a new trend. (chuckle)

Your vocal timbre has a shimmering timbre that hints at a touch of vibrato. This vibrato element is important in adding a distinctive quality to any singer’s voice, as long as it is controlled through the correct technical process. You seem to understand this Blake and I would love to see you perform songs that will further highlight this element of your voice, as you did in your Top 12 performance. What I have come to love from your performances is the entertainment aspect that is at the core of each showcase.

Keep varying the song selection process and I foresee great success for you as you move ahead into the coveted Top 12 singers of American Idol Season Six.[/quote]
[quote]BLAKE LEWIS: VIRTUAL INSANITY

Blake – well someone wants a spot in the Top 12 and, unless my instincts are off the mark, I have a strong feeling that you will be among the Top 12 finalists.

Everything about this performance was absolutely first class all the way. I thought it was authentic, risky (with the beat boxing and scat singing mixed in with your lyrical sound) and chock full of vocal intensity. You are a focused, determined and musically intelligent performer and, even more important, a true original.

Vocally, the beautiful head tone sequence at the end of this number was flawless; when you navigated this area of your vocal range, I thoroughly heard the classical counter-tenor potential in your vocal timbre.

This was a well-paced, meticulously rehearsed performance, Blake, and yet, it looked relaxed and comfortable to the viewing audience. You exercised great technical skills when you sang and it became more evident as the song progressed, as your voice never sounded breathy or poorly pitched. Make certain that you always keep the technical foundation an important part of the performing process, as it will allow you to further develop the high level of potential in your singing and performing abilities. Great work.[/quote]
[quote]BLAKE LEWIS: SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW

Blake – I felt that you exuded great confidence and professionalism throughout your song performance. You are an individual and the only contestant, thus far, that looks thoroughly ready to secure a place in the Top 12 Finale.

Your voice presented itself with pitch perfect clarity and you were securing your beautiful vocal timbre with good technical support. You are an individual and have a distinct style that is both refreshing and exciting to hear and watch. You worked all the camera angles exceedingly well and your stage persona was relaxed and communicative. It was just a wonderful first performance, Blake, and I loved the song choice very much.

Just one thought: be careful not to raise your head as you sing into your upper range. It is a technical flaw that inhibits the full compliment of your vocal sound and causes unnecessary tension in the upper body; additionally, you lose eye contact with your audience.[/quote]

This post has been edited by Jess: May 16th 2007, 2:19 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Av: Carrie&BlakeFan| RIP MJohns | AI15: Trent. La'Porsha. | Nick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 21st 2007, 5:46 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

angelxtreme
post Mar 21st 2007, 7:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis

Thanks for posting Jess , I love reading her advice they are always helpful grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
erica_yo
post Mar 21st 2007, 7:29 PM
Post #3

Yeah, she does a good job.
Yay!

Thanks for posting!

--------------------
+Quote Post
sillybillyxo
post Mar 21st 2007, 7:42 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. AI8: katy allen

Aww thanks for posting. Thats so nice wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jess
post Mar 22nd 2007, 3:39 PM
Post #5

Added her comments on this week's performance. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sparkling Grey
post Mar 22nd 2007, 3:41 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. Actor: Jensen Ackles

That's all very nice of her to say! Thanks for posting Jess. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Met Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki - 11/07/06 Met Hedley - 1/08/18 Met Stone Sour - 1/07/18 / Blaker/Cookster ♥
+Quote Post
Jess
post Mar 22nd 2007, 3:43 PM
Post #7

^ Welcome!

I loved the last comment she made this week - an a capella performance using just his beatboxing for percussion! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sparkling Grey
post Mar 22nd 2007, 3:45 PM
Post #8

Fav. Actor: Jensen Ackles

^ I love that too! Blake's so creative! wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Met Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki - 11/07/06 Met Hedley - 1/08/18 Met Stone Sour - 1/07/18 / Blaker/Cookster ♥
+Quote Post
MandaFromTampa
post Mar 22nd 2007, 8:50 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI5: Ace Young
Fav. Idol Ever: Blake Lewis

She's good!

--------------------
IPB Image
8.21.08&11.17.08&1.31.09-Best Days EVER|"Our Relationship"WNA
Thanks Debbie9 for the avatar and Thanks Melissa for the siggy!
+Quote Post
Megan
post Mar 22nd 2007, 9:41 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

Wow, she has really good advice.

--------------------
Request from me at O.O.C Designs | Credit: MeIPB Image
8.1: Met Kris, Anoop, Danny, Matt, Michael, Megan, and Scott in Charlotte
+Quote Post
Jess
post Mar 30th 2007, 1:46 PM
Post #11

Added her critiques on "Lovesong". flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Megan
post Mar 30th 2007, 1:50 PM
Post #12

Thanks Jess.

--------------------
Request from me at O.O.C Designs | Credit: MeIPB Image
8.1: Met Kris, Anoop, Danny, Matt, Michael, Megan, and Scott in Charlotte
+Quote Post
britbrit0587
post Mar 30th 2007, 2:31 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

Thanks! huggy.gif I love reading her critiques someone needs to hire her to be a judge she actually knows what she is talking about. Blake doing an aceplla performace that would be hot!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hayleabean
post Mar 30th 2007, 2:54 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI6: Cake

She gives great advice. yes.gif And she seems to really like Blake! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Blake - Chris - Carrie {my idols are amazing} | Chris Daughtry - always my idol<3
Cake forever and alwaysss <3 | BLF.org
AI7: D. Archuleta - J. Castro - D. Cook - C. Smithson - B. White
+Quote Post
lindab123
post Mar 30th 2007, 2:59 PM
Post #15

I love her evaulations on Blake.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MasterclassLady
post Mar 30th 2007, 7:18 PM
Post #16

Hi everyone:

Still waiting for Blake's a cappella number. A sole percussion track as background would be cool as well.

Thanks for you kind comments. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
nikko3491
post Mar 31st 2007, 4:57 AM
Post #17

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

Wow, even I'm learning from this. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jess
post Apr 6th 2007, 1:38 PM
Post #18

Added "Mack the Knife", and notice she added a link to this thread! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
*Laci
post Apr 6th 2007, 7:37 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns

QUOTE(Jess @ Apr 6th 2007, 1:38 PM) *

aaah cool! haha.gif
I love reading her comments heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
::Blend by moi ::
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
angelxtreme
post Apr 6th 2007, 7:57 PM
Post #20

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Jess @ Apr 6th 2007, 2:38 PM) *

Thanks Jess , I'm glad she liked Blake vocal this week w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 24th 2018, 10:57 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol