Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> *I MET CLAY*, & got 20 min. of his undivided attention
xClayAiken4aiX
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Okay guys. I am still on my insane Clay high. What happened to me 3 days ago is so crazy...beyond anything in my wildest dreams! Hah a few people don't even believe me...and honestly I cannot blame them. but it DID happen!!

I have waited so long to post because I have been hesitant about explaining the WHOLE thing & posting all over the internet due to this: From what I gather 310965731765 (lol okay so an exaggeration) meet and greet rules must have been broken to get me my 'alone' time with Clay and to get hug, pictures, etc (meet & greet rules are more strict than backstage pass rules). A few people really went out of their way to make sure Clay had the opportunity to spend some time with me. The LAST thing I would want to do is get them in trouble for giving me the best time of my life, you guys understand? I mean, I have told a few people the whole story..but that is way different than posting it all over the internet where it could have ways of getting back to people who could get those certain HEROES OF MINE in trouble. Okay so I am just going to skip over the whole part in the beginning of the event where I got Meet & greet passes & then got 'promoted' from regular old Meet & Greet to get the opportunity to spend 'special time' with Clay. It would just make me feel safer. Sorry..here we go..

Okay so I created this art portfolio of computer artwork I have done with Clay in it. It was about 35 pages and actually included a few blends that I have done for people on this forum!(clay pointed out the one I made for Clayismine & Clubenrock..he was like what the heck is a cluben?) It also had some vector drawings & did and stuff. I brought it with me to the concert JUST IN CASE i met Clay, i could give it to him. So I am in there with Clay..no other fans or anything in there. Just me, Clay, my mom, Jerome, the other idols (on the other side of the room doing their own thing), and some tour staff. I showed Clay my portfolio and he gave me that expression that he gave simon on Billboard Night when Simon said the song was perfect! lol..he was so impressed! I was trying to keep calm. Actually, though, it was a lot easier to be around Clay than I thought. He has this cool & casual personalilty that makes him SO easy to talk to. I think a few times when we were talking i forgot i was TALKING TO *THE* CLAY AIKEN!!!! I felt like I had known him forever..So anyways..back to where I was..

I asked him if he would keep the portfolio. He got all excited...omg it was too cute. Then I explained that I knew he had met 100000's of fans and that I wanted something for him to remember me by. He said he would always remember me (*GASP*) and then HE ASKED FOR MY AUTOGRAPH! haha I thought that was hilarious. Me. Signing something for CLAY.Pure insanity.

Next he said he had something he wanted to give ME! So he reached into somewhere (i cant recall what..a backpack maybe? who knows..) And pulls out this chocolate star on a stick. It has the American Idol symbol on it written in icing and says "clay" undernath it. He says, since I can't eat this..i thought you might like it. (theres a pic of it at the end of the post) AHH CLAY GAVE ME A PRESENT! HAH LIKE IM GOING TO EAT IT! NO WAY! So i guess the story about the star-pop was (I later heard this from some dude who worked @ the worcester centrum) each of the idols recieved chocolate stars custom made for them with their name on it . On the back, lol it has a sticker that says "hebert candies..since 1917" so maybe I will call that company and get the full story on that one. Clay gave me his cause of his chocolate allergy! HOW SWEET! So then when hes like..yah I cant eat this..i was like "aww i feel so bad for you about that. Jeez no chocolate..i wouldn't live." he said..ehh don't feel bad, I'm still alive aren't i? LOL HES SO GREAT!

Then omg...he walks around the table and says he wants to hug me. HE *WANTS* TO HUG ME (one of the meet & greet rules that were broken..haha) The hug was so sincere and i felt like I was floating on my Clay high. He was so skinny though! I could feel his ribs..*thud* *drool* *sigh* SEXY CLAY!

Well, Clay and I had some really decent conversations. It was awesome. Like I said, he has this charisma that makes him SO easy to talk to! I am not going to go into great detail about every single convo we had, cause other wise this post will be 500000000 bazillion lines long, but I am just going to tell everyone some of the highlights.

So Clay was looking through the portfolio and came across this drawing that I did:
http://aikenforclay.com/vector06.jpg
And started talking about the RS photoshoot. He mentioned how he had seen a few interpretations of what color the sweater actually was. I think he said he had seen the colorized version where it was grey-ish blue and the other one where it was green. Then he goes on to tell me that the sweater was in fact PINK! Hes like "CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?! PINKER THAN YOUR MOMS SHIRT! (my mom was wearing this pink polo shirt thing) Clay started getting all worked up and doing that *adorable* thing with his voice where it gets all high when he gets excited. I thought that was funny. Then he said he really wished that was the color of his sweater because he likes yellow. We were both cracking up!

I also mentioned how he had inspired me to learn how to design websites. I asked if he had ever been to AikenForClay.com. He said he had heard of it a few times, but didnt know if he had visited. I then told him I am one of the people who runs that site and hes like OHH NOW I DEFINATELY HAVE TO GO CHECK IT OUT!

OMG I COMPLETELY LEFT OUT A *MAJOR* PART OF THE EXCITEMENT! Do you guys know the paper 'News & Observer'? It is the big Raleigh paper..they do lots of Clay articles & stuff...well a reporter by the name of Matt Ehlers I believe ( i have to check the business card he gave me again to verify that) had traveled up to Worcester to write a story for an upcoming article in news & observer to give the NC residents a 'taste' of all the events occurring at the concerts, so they could be prepared for the tour coming on August 6th. So Matt asked in the beginning (before I even met Clay) if he could follow me through my experience with Clay to take notes, get good pictures, and feature me in the article! Im like YAHH!!! it was so sweet...so i am anxious for that article to come out. He will be contacting me when it does & when he gets the pics developed ( I only personally took 2 pictures of him..im so mad about that...i was just so engrossed in the convos clay and I were having that I didn't want to lose that valuable time stuck behind a camera. oh well..im hoping Matt's turn out good..) He also happened to have seats near me in the concert..so he interviewed me after the show about what I thought about the whole thing.

OMG this post is getting super long. you guys are probably like SHADDUP ALREADY!! Okay so im finishing up the highlights quickly. I got three wonderful hugs that time I had with him...but the most memorable hug was the last one; his goodbye hug. I thought my lungs might collapse. It was wonderful..and a tight hug..and oh my.. i never wanted it to end! The thing that I find amazing was that I didn't ask for a hug once! He took on the initiation himself! HE WAS SUCH A SWEETHEART! AHH I AM MORE MADLY IN LOVE WITH THE MAN..just when I thought I couldn't possibly be more in love. And yah know what else? I decided that day I like natural Clay even more than madeover Clay. He looks even MORE gorgeous when you see him in person...oh wow those green eyes speak for themselves...okay wow you guys reading this post are probably getting mad @ me for the length..so ill post the pics now, lol and then I'm done..i promise..

Me & Clay (thats the portfolio he is holding...and kim c & trenyce are in the background)
user posted image

A picture I took of him..he looks SOO good in this one..hes so photogenic..gawd..
user posted image

Here's a photo I took of the choclate star he gave me..what a sweetie..
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
-------------------------------------------[user posted image ]-----
-----[user posted image]------------------------------------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:19 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Pooja
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:25 PM
Post #2

Clay Aiken... *THUD*

Group: NX Subscribers

Ahh.... omg you are so lucky! I hope I get to meet him and give him what I made him! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
grumpybearchica
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:25 PM
Post #3

Once again Kelly, You are soooooooo lucky!!!! I was wondering when, if ever, you were going to post your story. I think that is so sweet he gave you the chocolate. If i was you i would have completley freaked, i have no clue how you stayed calm

--------------------
+Quote Post
gamerz23
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:28 PM
Post #4

oh my gosh, WOW! you are so unbelievably lucky - and that is an AMAZING experience! aww he gave you a chocolate... awww wub.gif did you eat it? i would keep it until it rots, lol. don't worry about post length, i'd rather it see it long and detailed than short and frugal happy.gif

but wow wow wow, you are so lucky. and you're an excellent vector artist! wow! grin.gif

--------------------
Go Keith go!
+Quote Post
Clay's_Princess
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:30 PM
Post #5

whoa I'm turning green!!! You're so lucky. Clay seems ultra nice

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
xClayAiken4aiX
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:32 PM
Post #6

hehe there is NO way i am eating that thing! hah! Im freezing that baby after I have stared the thing down, lol.

and OMG thank you! I really dont think I'm good @ vectors..but thanks anyways...this was clay's fav (ugh i dont like how the eyes turned out..but if clay likes it, then i guess i kinda HAVE to, lol)

http://aikenforclay.com/vector08.jpg

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
I LoVe ClAyToN
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:34 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI4: Anthony Fedorov

omgh!!!! :gaps: you're so lucky!! I totally believe! ?why won't ppl believe that!? lol.....how sweet! He's so sweet! andf I'd love to have that star too lol!

--------------------
_______________________ Keeper of Anthony's smile IPB Image
+Quote Post
I LoVe ClAyToN
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:35 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI4: Anthony Fedorov

And as I already said once! See? Dreams DO come true!! It's mine who are never gonna be true crying.gif grin.gif

--------------------
_______________________ Keeper of Anthony's smile IPB Image
+Quote Post
elcie
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:36 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Clay's_Princess @ Jul 28 2003, 10:30 PM)
whoa I'm turning green!!! You're so lucky.

lol! me too! laughing.gif bloated.gif

xClayAiken4aiX, thanks for posting! your pics are great ! and your artwork is very very good!

--------------------
+Quote Post
AikenforClay912
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:37 PM
Post #10

Oh my gosh, that sounds totally AMAZING...you are like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky! but you totally deserve the chance to meet him after all the hard work you have put into aikenforclay.com...by the way i absolutely LOVE that site original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to shalowater for my blend/avvie.
+Quote Post
xClayAiken4aiX
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:44 PM
Post #11

omg you guys are wayyyyy to sweet! hah wow..

and as far as people not believing me..i dont get it either. I mean, yah its a crazy experience..but I have the pictures to prove it! sheesh...one girl, omg this was so funny, shes like "i think that was a fake Clay." Im like hun..i was there..he wasn't fake. Then shes like "Well if it was really him, than he would be all dressed up because I know for a fact that the idols have 12 hours of wardrobe & makeup before they perform." hah that comment cracked me up..some Clay fan she was. The idols didn't even GET to the centrum until 3:15 cause they were in boston sight seeing all day. (meet & greet was @ 3:30...phew good timing!)

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
ezlistener
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:45 PM
Post #12

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!! I'm glad that you both had time to talk. Such a rare opportunity. The story was great and not too long at all. You know we all love to read every word!!! Good for you!!!! wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
AikenforClay912
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:47 PM
Post #13

lol that is extreamly hilarious... a "fake" clay? lmao wow....no one could ever be as gorgeous as clay original.gif geez im in a good mood today! and its all cause of those wonderful radio people...gotta love em grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to shalowater for my blend/avvie.
+Quote Post
FredIsTheWord
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:48 PM
Post #14

he was like what the heck is a cluben

lmao! laughing.gif

Ohh that it so awesomely sweet! I'm so happy for you!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
v-streamer
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:49 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. DWTS: Bindi Irwin

I enjoyed every minute reading that story. It speaks of how wonderful he is and what wonderful fans like yourself he inspired. You made him something and he really appreciated it. What a day you had. I am so happy for you!

--------------------
IPB Image
I haven't changed this signature since S7 so you always know it's me
+Quote Post
aiken_fan
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:51 PM
Post #16

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

ahh Kelly you are so lucky! I believe you 100%.... Your artwork is awesome grin.gif

--------------------
New blend coming soon!
+Quote Post
AshleyAdoresClay
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:52 PM
Post #17

Group: NX Subscribers

OMG shocked.gif ..................omg shocked.gif ...................OMG shocked.gif ! thats all that i can shocked.gif say.....omg shocked.gif .....ur sooo lucky shocked.gif ...maybe ur luck will rub off on me and the same thing will happen grin.gif happy.gif !....how could someone not believe you wen u have the star pop and pictures...duh! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
pemberley
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:53 PM
Post #18

Kelly, I'm so glad you had a great experience meeting Clay. I am super jealous. I'm glad that he is just as nice as others say he is. I wanna meet him & get his picture taken with me! unsure.gif

Was any of the blends you made for me in there? wink.gif

And I don't think your post was long enough! I love reading every tidbit of information about him. grin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
created by xClayAiken4aiX
+Quote Post
Can'tGoADayWithoutClay
post Jul 28th 2003, 9:57 PM
Post #19

good things happen to good people. [hat's off to you] innocent.gif

Just want you to know.... I have not taken a full breath since starting your story. It is truly breathtaking!

Bless you! flowers.gif

--------------------
Wildly Enthusiastic Member of The Clutch Cult
Clay's Wardrobe Lady for his upcoming movie "From Clay to Clay"
[....Oh, come on, No! I don't need any help!]
Proud originator of The Clutch which is mine to keep!
user posted image
Proud Keeper of Clay's Dreams.....may they all come true!
+Quote Post
xClayAiken4aiX
post Jul 28th 2003, 10:00 PM
Post #20

Pemberley..yep! The red one thats in your siggy now was in the book. I dont know why..but I really like that one I did for you (not trying to sound all concieted or anything)

I think Clay was a little confused with the concept of Keepers..but once I explained that I did blends on request, it kinda changed the subject lol. Im sure the fact that "claiming" a part of him would be weird and awkward to talk about..so i am glad that topic was dropped haha

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 15th 2018, 9:53 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol