Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ~"Who I Am"~
idolforums.com > IDF Archive > Contestant Archive > American Idol 7 > David Archuleta
AniMaL
Where's the love peeps? I don't see a thread for this, except as a clip.

I really like this track. David pours his heart into it.

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

This new CD is very, David. Kudos! wub.gif
caligirl66
Yeah, it's a great song! I love the way it tells a story, a glimpse into D's life sometimes.

"just trying to walk in my own two shoes"
Crazy4Idol
I used "I've got nothing to win and I've got nothing to lose, just trying to walk in my own two shoes' as my senior quote. sorcerer.gif

This and Stomping the Roses are in competition as my #1 of this album.
Archu-lover
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
sam1346
I love this song A+
dolls17
Thank you, AniMaL. I really like this song, too. There are parts of it that I can't get out of my head.

And when my CD actually gets here... noexpression.gif I'll be able to enjoy it more.
Indigowaves2
I played this cd in the car for the first time today. My sister LOVES this song. She recently lost her job and is very upset about it so she is relating to this song. She even took the cd out of the car and is listening to it in the kitchen right now original.gif I love it!
blue123
QUOTE(Crazy4Idol @ Oct 8th 2010, 6:54 PM) *

I used "I've got nothing to win and I've got nothing to lose, just trying to walk in my own two shoes' as my senior quote. sorcerer.gif

This and Stomping the Roses are in competition as my #1 of this album.

that's cool.
Arch4me
The more I listen to this song, the more I like it! original.gif
JORDAN_FAN
I seriously can't get off the Jeff Fenster line. roll.gif
wamu1990
I heart.gif this song too grin.gif
Crazy4Idol
I love the "Days like these, it's hard to breathe..." line. So relatable.

I also love the imagery in this song. I could totally just see myself in a taxi cab in a rainy day when listening to it lol.
ailyn24voices
QUOTE(Indigowaves2 @ Oct 16th 2010, 5:41 PM) *

I played this cd in the car for the first time today. My sister LOVES this song. She recently lost her job and is very upset about it so she is relating to this song. She even took the cd out of the car and is listening to it in the kitchen right now original.gif I love it!

awh! I'm sorry about what happened to your sister. sad.gif but I love what the song is doing for her.

QUOTE(JORDAN_FAN @ Oct 16th 2010, 11:51 PM) *

I seriously can't get off the Jeff Fenster line. roll.gif

Me too! Hahah. Especially love the attitude-ey sounding 'call-calling' right after it. Heheh.

QUOTE(Crazy4Idol @ Oct 17th 2010, 2:45 AM) *

I love the "Days like these, it's hard to breathe..." line. So relatable.

I also love the imagery in this song. I could totally just see myself in a taxi cab in a rainy day when listening to it lol.

Same here! The whole song is so relatable. When you can relate to a song it's just on a whole other level from the others.

and again me too! The imagery is great. For me I picture being in a car at night looking out at all the city lights and stuff. With rain too! I always imagine pretty night-time lights bokeh when I listen to this song. laughing.gif Idk why.

This is probably my 2nd favourite song off the album. Behind MKOP. It would be on the same level if the whole thing didn't have that heavy beat throughout.
tibitibi
Love it, In my top 4, the beat is great and the lyrics very real and relatables yes.gif, this song make me wish a good full band with back up singers to do the full cd effects and put a more entertaining show out. smile.gif
jackryan4DA
I wrote a review of Who I Am at TDC, you may want to check it out & let me know what you think of it original.gif

http://www.thedavidchronicles.com/2010/10/who-i-am/

We are running a TOSOD series - a song-by-song analysis and we just halfway through. Falling Stars will be up shortly, to be taken u by ronaldsf, another mainstay here at IDF
MojoPlant
I FRIGGIN' LOVE the cool run David does just before the last chorus.

".... and no one's gonna find meee" in the background he does this amazing sound, kinda like in Indian music haha.gif Does anyone hear it?
Indigowaves2
QUOTE(MojoPlant @ Oct 18th 2010, 1:48 PM) *

I FRIGGIN' LOVE the cool run David does just before the last chorus.

".... and no one's gonna find meee" in the background he does this amazing sound, kinda like in Indian music haha.gif Does anyone hear it?

I never would have heard that unless you pointed it out. I admit, it is pretty cool yes.gif
tibitibi
QUOTE(jackryan4DA @ Oct 18th 2010, 2:14 AM) *

I wrote a review of Who I Am at TDC, you may want to check it out & let me know what you think of it original.gif

http://www.thedavidchronicles.com/2010/10/who-i-am/

We are running a TOSOD series - a song-by-song analysis and we just halfway through. Falling Stars will be up shortly, to be taken u by ronaldsf, another mainstay here at IDF

That is pretty cool review, THanks !! yes.gif , i can find the one for TOSOD though sad.gif , But back to this song i guess that this track along with MKOP have the best ones and really personals lyrics in the album .
cmonster
QUOTE(caligirl66 @ Oct 8th 2010, 7:45 PM) *

Yeah, it's a great song! I love the way it tells a story, a glimpse into D's life sometimes.
"just trying to walk in my own two shoes"

QUOTE(Indigowaves2 @ Oct 16th 2010, 5:41 PM) *

I love this song because it obviously is what he is saying present day life for him. I also love it for the same reason Indigowaves2 sister loves it...I too, am having difficulty with my job for many reasons. Today I listened to it after work and as depressed as I was I found myself singing along and actually feeling good. This is just one reason I love David - he gets you when you least expect it. heart.gif
dolls17
QUOTE(cmonster @ Oct 20th 2010, 9:26 PM) *

I love this song because it obviously is what he is saying present day life for him. I also love it for the same reason Indigowaves2 sister loves it...I too, am having difficulty with my job for many reasons. Today I listened to it after work and as depressed as I was I found myself singing along and actually feeling good. This is just one reason I love David - he gets you when you least expect it. heart.gif

Hey there. Haven't seen you for awhile. Welcome back. flowers.gif
AniMaL
heart.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.