Email Usage Policy
Idolforums.com ("IDF") Email Usage Policy ("policy") is provided to give our subscribers a clear understanding of what Idolforums.com expects of them while using the service. All subscribers of IDF services: those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts, as well as those who pay a service fee to subscribe to the Services, must comply with this Email Usage Policy and our Terms of Service
As an IDF Subscriber, you will receive an included firstname.lastname@example.org email account. There are several policies that apply to this account. The use of your IDF Webmail indicates your acceptance to this policy, as noted during the subscription signup process.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Ensure reliable service to our customers
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
- Comply with existing laws
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
If an IDF account is used to violate the Email Usage Policy or our Terms of Service, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise subscribers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Email Usage Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.VIOLATIONS OF IDF USAGE POLICY
The following constitute violations of the Email Usage Policy:
SECURITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT
- Illegal use: IDF's services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. IDF reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- Harm to minors: Use of the IDF service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats: Use of the IDF service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the IDF service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of IDF service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Use of the IDF Webmail service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending IDF account.
- E-mail Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services will result in the immediate termination of the offending IDF account.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the IDF Webmail service is in violation of this policy.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the IDF service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of IDF's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending IDF subscriber account is subject to immediate termination.
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the IDF service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data: Use of the IDF service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using IDF services could result in suspension service.
- Third Party Accountability: IDF subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Email Usage Policy.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY
- Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure.
- Sharing your password and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use.
- Attempting to obtain another user's account password is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of service.
- You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your account.
- You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. IDF will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
IDF reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy, our Terms of Service and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner.
If you have any questions to the above, please feel free to post a question in the Questions & Comments
forum. Thank you.
--buzz (Neurox Media Administrator)