Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

41 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AI 13 iTunes Tracking, Merged
sw5110
post Mar 27th 2014, 2:47 AM
Post #61

Group: Members

Overall Chart

200. Evanescence - Bring Me to Life
210. Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out
225. Little Big Town - Boondocks
591. The SteelDrivers - If It Hadn't Been for Love
709. Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon
721. No Doubt - Don't Speak
758. Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
1164. Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused

whistling.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 27th 2014, 2:47 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

blujayyoungs
post Mar 27th 2014, 3:18 AM
Post #62

POP Charts 3AM
220. Alex Preston - Don't Speak (American Idol Performance)
238. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah (American Idol Performance)
483. Malaya Watson - The Long and Winding Road (American Idol Performance)
764. Majesty Rose - Shake It Out (American Idol Performance)
ALTERNATIVE Charts
216. Jessica Meuse - Rhiannon (American Idol Performance)
246. Jena Irene - Bring Me to Life (American Idol Performance)
COUNTRY Charts
363. C.J. Harris - If It Hadn't Been for Love (American Idol Performance)
741. Dexter Roberts - Boondocks (American Idol Performance)
ROCK Charts
183. Caleb Johnson - Dazed & Confused (American Idol Performance)
OVERALL Charts
912. Alex Preston - Don't Speak (American Idol Performance)
981. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah (American Idol Performance)

--------------------
IPB Image[s]I love you Jay
+Quote Post
FromWayBackWhen
post Mar 27th 2014, 5:00 AM
Post #63

QUOTE(iheartreinhart @ Mar 20th 2014, 11:53 PM) *

Interesting that Majesty was so much higher than others not in the B3. Does that mean that there is really very little difference between her sales/ranking those below her or that her fan base was just complacent? Although I can't imagine how they could be after last week... ermm.gif

I don't think Itunes sales are that necessarily coorelated to actual votes. It's the same reason twitter fanbases, and even the fanbases you see on here don't really line up with the votes. Idol has a lot of older viewers. My mom and all her friends watch Idol (she's actually who got hooked on it when I was young and living with her, wayy back when, lol). I don't think they know what Itunes is. And they definitely don't follow AI contestants on twitter, even if they do have twitter accounts. It's not really a good look for adults with professional careers or even college students to be fangirling on twittering.

I think that's why Angie last year and Sam/Alex this year are dominating the online arena, but not necessarily the voting arena. They're popular with the kids, but unlike the voice, you've got a lot of adult viewers... So what you're seeing online is only half the story. Just look back to Taylor Hicks.. I think he had a fan, maybe two, on this website. But he had MILLIONS of older fans. My mom and her friends absolutely adored him. They're like 45 going on 14 when they see him.

The other thing that contributes (and I think this is the case with Majesty last week) the only Itunes Idol covers I'll buy is when I like the song AND it's drastically different than the original. If it's a man's voice on a woman's track or vice versa, or a really old song modernized, or a crazy rearrangement. Otherwise, I'd much rather buy the original if I don't already own it. Out of respect for the original artist and because these Itunes songs are really pretty cheap and poorly done. "They did that on a Casio" - Melinda Doolittle, lol.

The only ones I actually payed for were... Candice- Lovesong, Satisfaction, You've Changed.. Angie- Yesterday, Cry Me A River Elise - Whole Lotta Love/Bold As Love, Phillip- Still Rainin, That's All, Haley - What Is and What Never Will Be/Bennie And The Jets/House Of The Rising Sun, Casey - Grapevine, Natureboy.. And a few others along those lines. Versions of songs that don't exist elsewhere.

Those weren't necessarily all my favorite performances (Well kinda, cause if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have bought it)... But I didn't buy Phillip's Volcano or Angie's Who U R or Haley's You & I because they just sound exactly like crappy rushed versions of what Damien Rice, Jessie J, Lady Gaga recorded.

QUOTE(kresslia @ Mar 21st 2014, 12:44 AM) *

I think:
1. The difference is very small between all of them, but especially the bottom 7
2. The singer-songwriter vibe Sam/Alex/Majesty/Jess have going on is seen often in popular music on iTunes, while also being popular in singing competitions. It was the same in S11. Phillip, Colton and Elise were doing the best on iTunes when the rankings were leaked. I assume you'll be seeing those singer-songwriters at the top most of the time for this reason.

I'm not sure it's the singer-songwriter thing as much as it is the age of the person who actually looks at Itunes everyday and buys a ton of music. I'm guessing Sam and Alex's fans younger. I could be wrong, I'm just speculating.

QUOTE(KaGee20 @ Mar 21st 2014, 9:30 AM) *

Surprised to see the Idols doing much worse on I-Tunes than the X-Factor contestants did just a few months ago. Somebody needs to explain this.

Didn't they factor in Itunes sales as votes somehow, or is that just the voice? That's the difference. Btw, I'm just gonna rant. I think that's disgusting. They're basically encouraging kids to waste their parent's money. I'm sure some people buy multiple DLs of the same song or songs they don't really want to buy to help their contestant. It also screws with the integrity of the competition. It's not just about votes anymore, it's about which fanbase is willing to spend the most money. That doesn't sit right with me.

It's also not cool because, and I'm not ENTIRELY sure about this, but since they're reality show contestants and not signed artists, recording at the expense of the television show, I don't think the contestants get any type of royalties from those sales. Like, I said.. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure. And the songs stay up there for years, and the only people profiting off of the contestant names are the executive producers... Which is totally legal, because they signed a contract. I don't think that's right. With the whole "buy these songs to vote" thing, they're making a ton of money off of kids trying to support their favorite singers, they're not paying the singers, and they're producing them as cheaply as possible. Obviously they don't need writers.. They pay the original artist a small licensing fee and get some guy with a keyboard to do the beat, and that makes a top 20 song. I don't like when an art form gets exploited like that. That doesn't sit right with me.

It's also not really cool because (and I know it's just the Itunes chart, or is it Billboard as well?) You've got indie bands/new artists, trying to get noticed, and having a top 40 hit will really help their cause, even if it's 39/40.. Imagine some band's first official single that they probably slaved over in the writing process and actually payed for their own studio time trying to get that one hit to catch on... That one hit that just needs to chart once so they can say to a label "we have a top 40 hit" and radio stations will see it on the charts and put it in their rotations, and they wind up 3 spots away from the T40 or the T100 because a bunch of reality shows are crowding the charts with crappy cover songs they spent 5 minutes on. That doesn't sit right with me.

Everything The Voice does is tacky. From micromanaging the contestants, not letting them pick the songs they want to sing, making the fans pay to vote, crowding the charts, letting professional singers with records already out and huge fanbases compete against amateurs, making them sing "duets" AGAINST each other. I can't stand that show. It's like The Voice took Idol's format and merged it with everything that sucks about the pop music industry. I hope Idol doesn't get canceled, cause I'll miss it, but I can't watch The Voice.

--------------------
Fav. Idols: Bo Bice, Candice, Allison, Casey A, Fantasia, David C, Taylor H, Kelly C, Melinda D
Fav bands: Nirvana (RIP Kurt), Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Spoon, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MGMT, The Academy Is..., Radiohead, Something Corporate, Say Anything, The Killers, Wavves, Pink Floyd, Sublime, The Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, Bright Eyes, Bedroom Walls, Brand New, Cage The Elephant, The Gossip Fav Rappers: Big (RIP) Cassidy, Freeway, Nas, Jay-Z, The Roots, Mos Def, Common, Snoooop, Asher Roth, Kanye, Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Eve, Jean Grae, Lauryn Hill Fav Pop Divas: Amy Winehouse (RIP) Natalia Kills, MIA, Chrisette Michele, Lana Del Rey, Corrine Bailey Rae, Erykah Badu, Feist, Lady Gaga, Leela James, Gwen Stefani, Regina Spektor, and John Mayer.
You should read: David Foster Wallace (RIP), Joshua Ferris, Sam Harris, Michael Chabon, David Sedaris, Chuck Klosterman, and Lionel Shriver... You will not regreat a single book.
legalize it. I love my parents, friends, college, music, Marlboros, books, ' 13 Kawasaki Ninja, Philly, The Eagles, and everybody, everywhere, everyday.
+Quote Post
blujayyoungs
post Mar 27th 2014, 5:27 AM
Post #64

POP Charts 5:30AM
191. Alex Preston - Don't Speak (American Idol Performance)
201. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah (American Idol Performance)
426. Malaya Watson - The Long and Winding Road (American Idol Performance)
622. Majesty Rose - Shake It Out (American Idol Performance)

ALTERNATIVE Charts
195. Jessica Meuse - Rhiannon (American Idol Performance)
205. Jena Irene - Bring Me to Life (American Idol Performance)
COUNTRY Charts
311. C.J. Harris - If It Hadn't Been for Love (American Idol Performance)
591. Dexter Roberts - Boondocks (American Idol Performance)

ROCK Charts
126. Caleb Johnson - Dazed & Confused (American Idol Performance)

OVERALL Charts
794. Alex Preston - Don't Speak (American Idol Performance)
834. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah (American Idol Performance)
1243. Caleb Johnson - Dazed & Confused (American Idol Performance)
1437. Jessica Meuse - Rhiannon (American Idol Performance)
1478. Jena Irene - Bring Me to Life (American Idol Performance)

--------------------
IPB Image[s]I love you Jay
+Quote Post
happyjam
post Mar 27th 2014, 6:33 AM
Post #65

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. American Idol: Jessica Sanchez

OVERALL Charts 8 AM

393. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah (American Idol Performance)
661.Alex Preston - Don't Speak (American Idol Performance)
1018. Caleb Johnson - Dazed & Confused (American Idol Performance)
1164. Jena Irene - Bring Me to Life (American Idol Performance)
1225. Jessica Meuse - Rhiannon (American Idol Performance)

This post has been edited by happyjam: Mar 27th 2014, 7:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stacey.
post Mar 27th 2014, 7:28 AM
Post #66

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Janelle Arthur
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

QUOTE(FromWayBackWhen @ Mar 27th 2014, 11:00 AM) *

I think that's why Angie last year and Sam/Alex this year are dominating the online arena, but not necessarily the voting arena. They're popular with the kids, but unlike the voice, you've got a lot of adult viewers... So what you're seeing online is only half the story. Just look back to Taylor Hicks.. I think he had a fan, maybe two, on this website. But he had MILLIONS of older fans. My mom and her friends absolutely adored him. They're like 45 going on 14 when they see him.
The other thing that contributes (and I think this is the case with Majesty last week) the only Itunes Idol covers I'll buy is when I like the song AND it's drastically different than the original. If it's a man's voice on a woman's track or vice versa, or a really old song modernized, or a crazy rearrangement. Otherwise, I'd much rather buy the original if I don't already own it. Out of respect for the original artist and because these Itunes songs are really pretty cheap and poorly done. "They did that on a Casio" - Melinda Doolittle, lol.

I guess that'll mean Alex dominates the iTunes vote every week then. whistling.gif

I do agree to an extent that iTunes may not have much impact on who's the most popular, but it is an indication of what performance appealed to people (especially with this new voting system it matters even more). Although the charts are most likely dominated by "younger fans" it shows that the artists stand a chance of being a hit with their music. If Alex and Sam are reaching those numbers posted above (without promotion, I think?) and without the purchases being counted as votes then that's pretty good imo.

This post has been edited by Stacey.: Mar 27th 2014, 7:29 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
caroljoe701
post Mar 27th 2014, 7:57 AM
Post #67

Fav. AI7: David Cook

Overall:

7.50/8.50 am:

329. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah (American Idol Performance)
543.Alex Preston - Don't Speak (American Idol Performance)
870. Caleb Johnson - Dazed & Confused (American Idol Performance)
957. Jena Irene - Bring Me to Life (American Idol Performance)
1014. Jessica Meuse - Rhiannon (American Idol Performance)

This post has been edited by caroljoe701: Mar 27th 2014, 7:58 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LizArchie10
post Mar 27th 2014, 8:31 AM
Post #68

Just checked the pop charts top 100 to see if anyone got into that yet and Sams #85 last I checked. Alex is the second closest to him, think he's #130.

--------------------
+Quote Post
caroljoe701
post Mar 27th 2014, 8:36 AM
Post #69

Fav. AI7: David Cook

QUOTE(LizArchie10 @ Mar 27th 2014, 8:31 PM) *

Just checked the pop charts top 100 to see if anyone got into that yet and Sams #85 last I checked. Alex is the second closest to him, think he's #130.

C'mon Sam.

Caleb, Jena and Jess are closing in very fast while Sam is more to stagnant right now.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
KaGee20
post Mar 27th 2014, 8:57 AM
Post #70

QUOTE(FromWayBackWhen @ Mar 27th 2014, 6:00 AM) *

Didn't they factor in Itunes sales as votes somehow, or is that just the voice?

Just The Voice. X-Factor didn't do that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jga94
post Mar 27th 2014, 9:22 AM
Post #71

Yes, it is interesting to try to figure out the significance of the Itunes charting....I mean buying the singles do not count as votes so a fan who wants to keep his/her idol in does not have to buy the single......so maybe that means they buyers just actually like the single? of they have a lot of hardcore fans?

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Laci
post Mar 27th 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #72

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns

Seeing CJ not at the bottom on these is giving me a little hope. shocked.gif I know idf isn't on the CJ express or Dexter train, but I can't help it. I don't want my bama boys to leave yet!!!! (I may have got on Jess's side just in time.)
ph34rwave.gif

Maybe viewers weren't fooled by the bs praise they gave Majesty....I'm a fan but she was downright awful most of the song. I don't even see how it was polarizing I just thought it was bad. And to think the judges/people are calling out CJ for his pitch issues. If you do it for one, you should call them ALL out! thumbdown.gif

This post has been edited by *Laci: Mar 27th 2014, 10:38 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Blend made by me :) Idol 13: TEAM NO Avatar: Raphy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
MickeyM1
post Mar 27th 2014, 10:42 AM
Post #73

Caleb, Alex, and Jena are catching up to Sam.

--------------------
+Quote Post
avenue26
post Mar 27th 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #74

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI13: Jess Meuse

Jess is doing fairly well on the alternative charts considering there's zero promotion. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
blehblah
post Mar 27th 2014, 11:03 AM
Post #75

On top: 296. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah

--------------------
Danielle & Judith, Dia & Melanie, Josiah & Tessanne
+Quote Post
Lackey
post Mar 27th 2014, 11:06 AM
Post #76

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Singer: Allison Iraheta

Where can you see the iTunes charts?

--------------------
Idol 10: Haley, James, Casey
Idol 11: JESSICA, Skylar, Hollie, Elise, DeAndre, Phillip
IPB Image

Check out my movie review blog!
+Quote Post
EVPandHC
post Mar 27th 2014, 11:22 AM
Post #77

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. BB16 HG: Donny Thompson

QUOTE(Lackey @ Mar 28th 2014, 12:06 AM) *

Where can you see the iTunes charts?

http://www.livepopbars2.com/lpb1024.php

Aka the site we keep crashing! haha.gif

296. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah (American Idol Performance)
374. Alex Preston - Story of My Life (American Idol Performance)
405. Alex Preston - Don't Speak (American Idol Performance)
602. Caleb Johnson - Dazed & Confused (American Idol Performance)
670. Jena Irene - Bring Me to Life (American Idol Performance)
808. Jessica Meuse - Rhiannon (American Idol Performance)
1331. C.J. Harris - If It Hadn't Been for Love (American Idol Performance)
1387. Malaya Watson - The Long and Winding Road (American Idol Performance)

--------------------
QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ Jul 24th 2014, 8:54 AM) *

Cody is such a coward. He's all bark, no bite.

BB16: Donny, Jocasta, Amber
+Quote Post
Naira
post Mar 27th 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #78

QUOTE(Stacey. @ Mar 27th 2014, 8:28 AM) *

I guess that'll mean Alex dominates the iTunes vote every week then. whistling.gif

I do agree to an extent that iTunes may not have much impact on who's the most popular, but it is an indication of what performance appealed to people (especially with this new voting system it matters even more). Although the charts are most likely dominated by "younger fans" it shows that the artists stand a chance of being a hit with their music. If Alex and Sam are reaching those numbers posted above (without promotion, I think?) and without the purchases being counted as votes then that's pretty good imo.

No, it doesn't mean anything when they chart this low on the overall chart. Genre charts don't mean much, you need to look at the overall chart. Estimated sales for #100 overall is about 2k per 24h. #200 is at most half that, probably less. So it just shows they have a few hundred fans who are supporting them by buying. Certainly not anything groundbreaking from a label POV I'd assume.

Like some XFUS contestants, several TV contestants have charted in the top 10 several times, so even charting at that level isn't really a barometer for their selling power after the show. Many people will support their favs during the show, but will move on when the show's over.

In the past, I'd have assumed a big ole Interscope mack truck would come for Caleb because his post-show prospects would be as a niche artist at best, and they'd try to push whoever they think is more current. But tbh, I'm beginning to think Jimmy just doesn't care anymore, and will simply glover the next winner = fulfilling the minimal obligations of the label's contract, and Interscope won't be back next season.

This post has been edited by Naira: Mar 27th 2014, 11:47 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
happyjam
post Mar 27th 2014, 11:41 AM
Post #79

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. American Idol: Jessica Sanchez

OVERALL Charts 1PM

294. Sam Woolf - Hey There Delilah (American Idol Performance)
401. Alex Preston - Don't Speak (American Idol Performance)
591. Caleb Johnson - Dazed & Confused (American Idol Performance)
659. Jena Irene - Bring Me to Life (American Idol Performance)
797. Jessica Meuse - Rhiannon (American Idol Performance)
1282. C.J. Harris - If It Hadn't Been for Love (American Idol Performance)
1318. Malaya Watson - The Long and Winding Road (American Idol Per

This post has been edited by happyjam: Mar 27th 2014, 12:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Laci
post Mar 27th 2014, 11:44 AM
Post #80

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns

Didn't pay close attention to these last week but was there any correlation from the B3 on iTunes and the B3 on the show?

If so wouldn't that make it CJ, Dex, Majesty? I can honestly see that happening although just for giggles I don't think both bama men will be there. I wouldn't be shocked if Alex or Sam take one of their places. fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Blend made by me :) Idol 13: TEAM NO Avatar: Raphy
+Quote Post

41 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 31st 2014, 8:42 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol