Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

305 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Season 6 News/Spoilers, Two-night premiere: Mon, Feb. 24, Tues, Feb. 25
jstxanothrxstory
post Dec 17th 2013, 8:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD9: Will Thomas
Fav. SYTYCD10: Nico Greetham
Fav. SYTYCD11: Teddy Coffey

COACHES SHAKIRA AND USHER RETURN TO JOIN ADAM LEVINE AND BLAKE SHELTON IN SEASON SIX PREMIERE OF ‘THE VOICE’ ON FEB. 24-25

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — Dec. 17, 2013 — NBC has announced that the Emmy Award-winning musical competition series “The Voice” will launch its sixth season with the return of coaches Shakira, Usher, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton in a special two-night premiere: Monday, Feb. 24 (8-10 p.m. ET/PT) and Tuesday, Feb. 25 (8-9 p.m.).

Reprising her role as a coach in season four, Shakira returns to share her expertise. Over the course of her career, Colombian singer-songwriter and Grammy winner Shakira has sold close to 60 million albums worldwide and has won numerous awards, including two Grammys, nine Latin Grammys, four World Music Awards, three American Music Awards and five Billboard Music Awards. Her collaborations with such stars as Beyonce and Alejandro Sanz have helped grow her audience and she is the only artist from South America to have a #1 song in the U.S. Currently working on a new album, Shakira has had four of the 20 top-selling hits of the last decade, more than any other artist. Tops on the list is 2006’s “Hips Don’t Lie,” the biggest-selling single of the 21st century that reached the #1 spot in an astonishing 55 countries.

A natural born coach, Usher also returns to his red chair. He has been ranked by the Recording Industry Assn. of America as one of the best-selling artists in American music history, having sold over 50 million albums worldwide. He has won numerous awards including eight Grammy Awards and was named the #1 Hot 100 artist of the 2000s decade. Billboard named him the second most successful artist of the 2000s decade, with his career-propelling 2004 album “Confessions” being ranked as the top solo album of the 2000s decade. Usher has attained nine Hot 100 #1 hits (all as a lead artist) and 18 Hot 100 top-10 singles.

Usher is also the last artist to reach Diamond sales in music history. He is currently working on his eighth studio album as well as filming the movie “Hands of Stone” where he will be starring as Sugar Ray Leonard opposite Edgar Ramirez and Robert de Niro.

Levine has been a coach on “The Voice” since the show’s debut in April 2011. He is also the lead singer of three-time Grammy Award-winning band Maroon 5. The multi-platinum selling group’s latest album, “Overexposed,” has quickly reinforced the band’s status as a powerhouse in popular music with all of the collection’s singles quickly rising to the top of the charts. The third single off of the album claimed the #1 spot on both Top 40 and Hot AC radio charts. In the process, the band set a record for the most #1’s (six in total) by a group in the Top 40 chart’s 20-year history.

Most recently, Maroon 5 wrapped one of the highest grossing tours of 2013 with over $50 million in ticket sales. The band is currently in the studio recording a new album.

Shelton is CMA Awards’ reigning Male Vocalist of the Year for the fourth consecutive year. With 10 back-to-back No. 1 singles (15 overall), Shelton is one of the “most versatile of contemporary country singers” (The New York Times). “Based on a True Story…,” the CMA Awards’ Album of the Year and Grammy Country Album of the Year nominee, has produced three consecutive No. 1 singles including “Mine Would Be You,” nominated for Grammy Country Song of the Year and Country Solo Performance of the Year. His current single, “Doin’ What She Likes,” is the latest single off this celebrated artists’ most successful album of his career.

“To a purist, Mr. Shelton is a savvy student of tradition. To a would-be outlaw, he’s forever adding a wink. He’s a star who is only as explicit as you want him to be,” said Jon Caramanica, The New York Times. Shelton’s passion for country music and his commitment to mentoring his teammates from “The Voice” make him an incredible ambassador for country music.
Source

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
SYTYCD10: Teddy. Rudy. Zack. Serge. Jacque. Carly. Emilio.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 17th 2013, 8:50 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Flashington
post Dec 17th 2013, 8:55 PM
Post #2

I'll have to take that season off.
Too soon.....

--------------------
The Voice Season 6
+Quote Post
sw5110
post Dec 17th 2013, 9:12 PM
Post #3

http://1iota.com/show/178/NBC---The-Voice

Battles will be filmed February 5-6. Knockouts will be filmed February 14-15.

I think the blind auditions were filmed in October, but I could be wrong.

--------------------
+Quote Post
season1
post Dec 17th 2013, 9:14 PM
Post #4

w00t.gif

Can't wait grin.gif It is starting one month earlier too (Feb vs Mar in S4).

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Dec 18th 2013, 5:32 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

NBC is taking advantage of having the Olympics, starting The Voice the night after they end. If they go 13 weeks like last spring, they'll end up having the finale the last week of May sweeps. I always thought S4 was odd in the scheduling as it ended in June, when just about every other show ended their season in May.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
SlurricanePat
post Dec 18th 2013, 7:19 AM
Post #6

Fav. Voice: Lindsey + Matthew

^Well, they kinda had to delay the season, because of Shakira's pregnancy.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Dec 18th 2013, 9:30 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(SlurricanePat @ Dec 18th 2013, 7:19 AM) *

^Well, they kinda had to delay the season, because of Shakira's pregnancy.

yes.gif Thank God it starts earlier next season. Can't wait! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
doublevision
post Dec 18th 2013, 9:59 AM
Post #8

I'm so confused. They already held auditions? That's annoying because there are audition dates for January and I thought it was for season 6 but apparently not… sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SlurricanePat
post Dec 18th 2013, 10:36 AM
Post #9

Yea, that's 2 different auditions.

The formal "Blind Auditions" are the end of a long process. First they do the regular Idol cattle calls, and sometimes reach out to talent they find with a few covers on youtube or otherwise fear.gif. Then they weed out the Idol joke singers or pretty faces with bad vocals. This takes months.

Then they go through rehearsals with the audition finalists for weeks actually, to figure out what song of theirs the producers think best works for them, and to make sure their blind audition is the best it can be. All of this for season 6 started in July.

They don't bring in the coaches for their few days in the chairs until that process is over. That's the reason why everyone you see on that stage is at least good. Then it's a weeks getting their battle song ready. Then weeks for knockout. And then they throw them in the fire for Lives.

It's why montage-ing somebody is cruel. Like say...Amy Whitcomb from season 4. She got montaged in her blind audition AND her battle round. They give no warning at all, so she probably had friends and family over to watch. So let's say...3 months of practice and rehearsal translated to her, a girl who's name wasn't worth remembering since no non-TSO fan had even seen her so far singing against a fan fav who had all her rounds shown.

So that's why it IS kinda shady, because come Lives for season 5, Adam and Blake already had their season 6 team. That might be a part of why Xtina wants it so bad, because if they lose, they're already 1/4 of the way into their next shot.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Pandagirl
post Dec 18th 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #10

I hope they haven't given up on duos.

At least an audition or two please.

--------------------
+Quote Post
doublevision
post Dec 18th 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(SlurricanePat @ Dec 18th 2013, 10:36 AM) *

Yea, that's 2 different auditions.

The formal "Blind Auditions" are the end of a long process. First they do the regular Idol cattle calls, and sometimes reach out to talent they find with a few covers on youtube or otherwise fear.gif. Then they weed out the Idol joke singers or pretty faces with bad vocals. This takes months.

Then they go through rehearsals with the audition finalists for weeks actually, to figure out what song of theirs the producers think best works for them, and to make sure their blind audition is the best it can be. All of this for season 6 started in July.

They don't bring in the coaches for their few days in the chairs until that process is over. That's the reason why everyone you see on that stage is at least good. Then it's a weeks getting their battle song ready. Then weeks for knockout. And then they throw them in the fire for Lives.

It's why montage-ing somebody is cruel. Like say...Amy Whitcomb from season 4. She got montaged in her blind audition AND her battle round. They give no warning at all, so she probably had friends and family over to watch. So let's say...3 months of practice and rehearsal translated to her, a girl who's name wasn't worth remembering since no non-TSO fan had even seen her so far singing against a fan fav who had all her rounds shown.

So that's why it IS kinda shady, because come Lives for season 5, Adam and Blake already had their season 6 team. That might be a part of why Xtina wants it so bad, because if they lose, they're already 1/4 of the way into their next shot.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks original.gif So this means the Jan auditions are for Season 7?

… Anyone know if Usher is gonna be a coach in season 7? He is really the only reason I wanted to audition for Season 6.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SlurricanePat
post Dec 18th 2013, 11:35 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(doublevision @ Dec 18th 2013, 10:49 AM) *
He is really the only reason I wanted to audition for Season 6.

Good luck if you do. smile.gif

I don't think he'll do season 7. Usher's probably gonna drop a new album soon and go on a world tour, so I kinda doubt he would or could do the fall season?

And...they have to make up their minds on Cee-Lo. He used to be the funnest coach. He was eccentric, in on his own joke, played with the audience and kept things light when things got dull or it was Xtina vs. Adam. He could make comedy out of nothing. But he was just kinda weird and competitive and off most of this season. People still get a kick off his antics, but his whole eff you Blake mentality...cmon.

It felt like the second Kat was in trouble, he was done with this season. And he played games: kicking Juhi, Stephanie Anne and Cole off his team...NOT saving Timyra-Joi, Holly or Ashley DuBose...spending his KO save on Amber, just to sandbag her and Tamara in the Live shows, with songs so dusty, everyone knew they were gone before they even sang. rolleyes.gif

Then there was him helping/killing Jonny Gray with song choices...obviously playing favorites with Kat over Caroline...giving Caroline a bad song for her style one week, then putting her down for picking her song the very next week. noexpression.gif

Adam made the worst cuts of the season. Xtina letdown the best singer. Blake gave up early on the best chance to win. But Cee-Lo did, far and away, the worst coaching job of any coach, any season so far.

So maybe there's an outside chance that Usher can work his schedule around blinds, battles and knockouts? I mean, Adam still tours worldwide, and Usher's coaching would be appreciated by all.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
doublevision
post Dec 18th 2013, 11:43 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(SlurricanePat @ Dec 18th 2013, 11:35 AM) *

Good luck if you do. smile.gif

I don't think he'll do season 7. Usher's probably gonna drop a new album soon and go on a world tour, so I kinda doubt he would or could do the fall season?

And...they have to make up their minds on Cee-Lo. He used to be the funnest coach. He was eccentric, in on his own joke, played with the audience and kept things light when things got dull or it was Xtina vs. Adam. He could make comedy out of nothing. But he was just kinda weird and competitive and off most of this season. People still get a kick off his antics, but his whole eff you Blake mentality...cmon.

It felt like the second Kat was in trouble, he was done with this season. And he played games: kicking Juhi, Stephanie Anne and Cole off his team...NOT saving Timyra-Joi, Holly or Ashley DuBose...spending his KO save on Amber, just to sandbag her and Tamara in the Live shows, with songs so dusty, everyone knew they were gone before they even sang. rolleyes.gif

Then there was him helping/killing Jonny Gray with song choices...obviously playing favorites with Kat over Caroline...giving Caroline a bad song for her style one week, then putting her down for picking her song the very next week. noexpression.gif

Adam made the worst cuts of the season. Xtina letdown the best singer. Blake gave up early on the best chance to win. But Cee-Lo did, far and away, the worst coaching job of any coach, any season so far.

So maybe there's an outside chance that Usher can work his schedule around blinds, battles and knockouts? I mean, Adam still tours worldwide, and Usher's coaching would be appreciated by all.

Thanks!! I really hope he does. And truthfully Christina would be the better coach for me, but I don't really trust any of the original four's coaching. I love the fact that Usher knew exactly what to do with Michelle, showing her range while keeping her in similar genres, and he let her pick some of her own songs (one of them being I Knew You Were Trouble and we know that one was a success). And I like to make my own interpretations of songs… kinda like with what Lindsey Pavao and Melanie Martinez did, but I don't have that quirky voice. So let's see haha.

Being on Team Adam seems terrifying because he will cut you in favor of another singer, Blake used to be decent before he starting scaring me because of the country-route, Cee Lo is… Cee Lo. Shakira, bless her heart, is not that great of a coach in terms of song choices BUT there's still season 6 so whatever. She's awesome though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sweetness354
post Dec 18th 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #14

Fav. Voice: Danielle Bradbery

The decision to start earlier is very smart. As said earlier, starting immediately after the Olympics end & ending during May sweeps is what the show needed to do. Having it end in June last year just felt weird

This post has been edited by Sweetness354: Dec 18th 2013, 11:44 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Voiceless
post Dec 18th 2013, 1:03 PM
Post #15

I expect more Latino singers with Shakira back.

--------------------
+Quote Post
twodollars
post Dec 18th 2013, 2:18 PM
Post #16

I can't wait for season 6 to start. I just hope we get a better balance of artists than on the last Shakira/Usher season. There was way too much country that season.

And I really hope that Shakira gets at least a few multiple turnaround contestants. I'd hate for her team to be as weak as Cee-Lo's was this season. She's the reason I am watching next season and it would suck for her to just sit there and say nothing like Cee-Lo did for most of the season.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Dec 18th 2013, 2:28 PM
Post #17

Shakira ended up with the kind of overall weak team CeeLo usually gets, but hopefully it won't happen S6 now that people got to know how adorable she is. Of course, they might also remember she also did a bad job as a coach (IMO) so there's that. fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
IdolLove93
post Dec 18th 2013, 3:12 PM
Post #18

The Voice needs to calm down a little. A two month wait between seasons is just too short.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jennifer_h_fan
post Dec 18th 2013, 3:14 PM
Post #19

Fav. SYTYCD8: Jess LeProtto
Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI13: Jena & Caleb & Alex

Wasn't Danielle's cousin or something auditioning for this season?

--------------------
jena irene jennifer lawrence kree harrison demi lovato ariana grande ed sheeran kelly clarkson ellie goulding all time low fallout boy
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dany
post Dec 18th 2013, 3:28 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(jennifer_h_fan @ Dec 18th 2013, 3:14 PM) *

Wasn't Danielle's cousin or something auditioning for this season?

Jenny she got cut before the Blind http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=704159&st=20

--------------------
+Quote Post

305 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 29th 2014, 11:49 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol