Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What in the hell is with this fascination with Ray Boudreau?
satyre
post Nov 20th 2013, 1:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

This is "The Voice," not "The Look." He didn't deserve to make the top 12, let alone the top 8. He's all over the place: inconsistent, lacking in any stage presence and completely unspecial. Really good singers and performers keep getting passed over for him. I guess a lot of teenage girls tweet. It's really too bad.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 20th 2013, 1:31 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

mockinge
post Nov 20th 2013, 3:59 AM
Post #2

Fav. Favorite TV: Christina Grimmie

QUOTE(satyre @ Nov 20th 2013, 1:31 AM) *

This is "The Voice," not "The Look." He didn't deserve to make the top 12, let alone the top 8. He's all over the place: inconsistent, lacking in any stage presence and completely unspecial. Really good singers and performers keep getting passed over for him. I guess a lot of teenage girls tweet. It's really too bad.

agreed. Should be out next, but I'm afraid Blake's minions might prevent that from happening..

--------------------
CHRISTINA GRIMMIE
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Nov 20th 2013, 6:28 AM
Post #3

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

Don't forget his cute daughter probably gets him a number of votes from older voters. If the guy had half the stage presence of Jacquie or Matthew, he'd probably win this in a walk.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
kj4ever
post Nov 20th 2013, 7:30 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(mockinge @ Nov 20th 2013, 2:59 AM) *

agreed. Should be out next, but I'm afraid Blake's minions might prevent that from happening..

If Blake's minions are that powerful, why didn't they keep Austin?

People have different tastes. The Voice isn't like that crap American Idol and people like different singers, not just belters and screamers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mivka
post Nov 20th 2013, 7:42 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

I feel the same way about Will tbh, what is the fascination with him?
He has been given good songs that can highlight his strength and become moments imo, but he never topped the iTunes chart. His fans like him mostly for style (and the way he looks?), I think.. He also looked uncomfortable on stage huh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stacey.
post Nov 20th 2013, 10:45 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Janelle Arthur
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

But he's not even THAT attractive imo? I think he's getting through based on his performances, they've been pretty good and he seems like a nice guy. Maybe the fact that he's #TeamBlake helps him too. laughing.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mercfan3
post Nov 20th 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(kj4ever @ Nov 20th 2013, 7:30 AM) *

If Blake's minions are that powerful, why didn't they keep Austin?

People have different tastes. The Voice isn't like that crap American Idol and people like different singers, not just belters and screamers.

American Idol has picked a Ray for it's winner 4 out of the last six seasons.
As for the remaining two seasons? Idol fans picked a more talented country version of Ray. And then there was last year, where the fans left so the most talented person actually won.

That's why people are nervous. We don't want 8 seasons of WGWG. And the fear is, with Idol fans running to the Voice..and those contestants being on team Blake....

The only thing is, at least the WGWG's on the Voice are either really hot..or better than the WGWG on Idol. (Not that Ray deserves to win, but he won't.)

As for Ray himself...Kat, Austin, Josh, and Jonny went out before him. Given Kat had an outstanding performance in the competition with "Sail" I can see why she might deserve to stay over Ray..but then again, virtually every other performance from her has been worse than Ray's. And Ray deserved to beat the other three.

He should go next week. But it could be Tessanne and Will. (Which will be unfair.). But he hasn't gone further than he should yet.

--------------------
IPB Image
Great Things Come In Small Packages
+Quote Post
Naira
post Nov 20th 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #8

Beats me. He's my least favorite contestant right now. He's got a decent voice, but everything about his performances is ordinary and uninspired.

It's the Team Blake effect I guess. Since Blake's stans took over the show in Season 2, looks like they mostly concentrate on 2 contestants, while the 3rd gets eliminated early. The exception being Holly, because she also rode the Christian vote.

That said, with new voters this season, they might not be able to keep 2 of them as far as they usually would have. Hopefully only one will make top 3.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mockinge
post Nov 20th 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #9

Fav. Favorite TV: Christina Grimmie

I have nothing against Ray himself. He's a decent singer, he looks like a nice guy from the interviews and I don't really mind him being top 8 since none of my favorites have left yet.

But I will mind if he stays next week instead of people like James, Tessanne, Will or Caroline, because Ray has been doing ok so far but he's never had a wow moment, he lacks stage presence and he never does that well on iTunes sales. Considering whom he's up against he's my choice to go.

What I just don't get is those bunch of woman going crazy after his performances like he had just done the performance of the century blarg.gif

--------------------
CHRISTINA GRIMMIE
+Quote Post
dhealy2003
post Nov 20th 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

I really have to question the intelligence and taste of anyone who seriously thinks that Ray cannot sing well. Like his style or not, he's a fantastic vocalist. None of the top 8 are anywhere close to bad... or even mediocre.

--------------------
AI1: Kelly, Tamyra, RJ; AI2: Kimberley L, Kimberly C, Trenyce, Ruben; AI3: Jennifer, Fantasia, George, Latoya, Leah; AI4: Vonzell, Nikko, Nadia, Bo B, Carrie; AI5: Elliott, Paris, Katharine, Mandisa, Chris, Taylor; AI6: Melinda, Blake, Stephanie, Phil, Chris, Jordin, Lakisha; AI7: David C, Carly, Syesha, Michael, Jason C, David A, David H, Chikezie, Amanda; AI8: Matt G, Allison, Megan, Adam, Kris, Danny, Anoop, Alexis, Jorge; AI9: Casey, Crystal, Michael; AI10: Haley, Pia, Casey, Stefano, Jacob, James, Naima; AI11: Joshua, DeAndre, Elise, Jessica, Colton, Phillip; AI12: Candice, Angie, Kree, Amber, Devin, Burnell, Janelle; AI13: Jena, Alex, Caleb, Majesty, Jessica
+Quote Post
doublevision
post Nov 20th 2013, 1:05 PM
Post #11

I really like the tone of his voice. It's different from the other contestants and if I heard him on the radio I'd recognize him. I think making it this far is okay, not sure about how long he should stay in the future. Idk if he's given a performance to make me want him to be in the finals, but I like listening to some of his songs. And yeah he's good looking but tbh, when I listen to the performances I like the way he sounds. I usually don't watch the videos or watch it live, so his "looks" aren't playing a factor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
season1
post Nov 20th 2013, 5:25 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(doublevision @ Nov 20th 2013, 1:05 PM) *

I really like the tone of his voice. It's different from the other contestants and if I heard him on the radio I'd recognize him. I think making it this far is okay, not sure about how long he should stay in the future. Idk if he's given a performance to make me want him to be in the finals, but I like listening to some of his songs. And yeah he's good looking but tbh, when I listen to the performances I like the way he sounds. I usually don't watch the videos or watch it live, so his "looks" aren't playing a factor.

That's pretty much why I like Ray's voice. If I look at Ray while he performs, I probably won't like him much. But just listening to his voice, its tone and quality is very pleasing to my ears. He may not have range and power like many here seems to be looking for, so he is called "boring" and "bland". But then again, I seem to be drawn to this kind of voice for male singers, and pure/clean tone for female singers.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Sweetness354
post Nov 20th 2013, 7:00 PM
Post #13

Fav. Voice: Danielle Bradbery

Ray has a good voice & deserves to be in the Top 8. He hasn't had a bad performance. His problem is lack of charisma, not his voice. Either way, he'll be eliminated either next week or the week after. Ray isn't a contender in this, but he is worthy of Top 8. Just this is a very strong group & Ray isn't the type to get alot of attention among this bunch

QUOTE(mercfan3 @ Nov 20th 2013, 10:51 AM) *
American Idol has picked a Ray for it's winner 4 out of the last six seasons. As for the remaining two seasons? Idol fans picked a more talented country version of Ray. And then there was last year, where the fans left so the most talented person actually won.

That's why people are nervous. We don't want 8 seasons of WGWG. And the fear is, with Idol fans running to the Voice..and those contestants being on team Blake....

Such ridiculousness. None of the Idol winners are remotely similar to Ray as a singer. He's quite different then all of them. Such a brash generalization

This post has been edited by Sweetness354: Nov 20th 2013, 7:01 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Nov 20th 2013, 7:42 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Sweetness354 @ Nov 20th 2013, 7:00 PM) *

Ray has a good voice & deserves to be in the Top 8. He hasn't had a bad performance. His problem is lack of charisma, not his voice. Either way, he'll be eliminated either next week or the week after. Ray isn't a contender in this, but he is worthy of Top 8. Just this is a very strong group & Ray isn't the type to get alot of attention among this bunch
Such ridiculousness. None of the Idol winners are remotely similar to Ray as a singer. He's quite different then all of them. Such a brash generalization

I would agree Ray is deserving to be in the top 8, I consider him "steady Eddie" no bad vocals or performances but nothing wow'ing either.

I will say this about any of these winners from reality singing shows, is thinking that somehow the amount of talent matters in the success in the real world. Everybody on these shows has talent to some degree or another and very rarely does the best technical singer actually win. The difference between Lee Dewyse and Phillip Phillips is a couple hit songs (sorry Naira blushing.gif ). So even if it's Matthew or Jacquie who wins, neither one will have big time mainstream success unless they have a hit song. So IMO your songs are more important than individual talent.

I do agree that much of the Idol viewers have come over to the Voice, but I don't think it matters that much cause since the Voice's inception they have always done what is my biggest criticism with Idol and limit voting wink.gif

This post has been edited by stooch: Nov 20th 2013, 11:58 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mercfan3
post Nov 20th 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Sweetness354 @ Nov 20th 2013, 7:00 PM) *

In terms of what voters often vote on, he is quite similar. White guy next door with a decent voice and a guitar.

--------------------
IPB Image
Great Things Come In Small Packages
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Nov 20th 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #16

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(stooch @ Nov 20th 2013, 7:42 PM) *

I will say this about any of these winners from reality singing shows, is that somehow the amount of talent matters in the success in the real word. Everybody on these shows has talent to some degree or another and very rarely does the best technical singer actually win. The difference between Lee Dewyse and Phillip Phillips is a couple hit songs (sorry Naira blushing.gif ). So even if it's Matthew or Jacquie who wins, neither one will have big time mainstream success unless they have a hit song. So IMO your songs are more important than individual talent.

This is true Unfortunately no matter how talented you are if you don't have the material you're going nowhere fast.

--------------------
IPB Image
TV3: Cassadee| TV4: Danielle| TV5: Jacquie| TV6: Christina| AI13: Jena Irene|
+Quote Post
tsp
post Nov 20th 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #17

First off ray is not my cup of tea but hes not a bad singer. Also as far as him being like american idol winners who exactly. Get a grip.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SlurricanePat
post Nov 20th 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #18

Fav. Voice: Lindsey + Matthew

I mean...that a day-old "why are you still here" thread is about as popular as the fanthread for a Top 8 singer has to say something.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
season1
post Nov 20th 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #19

So his fan thread is not active. One reason probably is that the OP is MIA.

Holly Tucker last season barely had a fan thread but she finished 6th and she deserved that spot too. If they have not combined The Swon Brothers thread with Colton Swon's, it won't have many pages either... Maybe their fans are not online much or have not really bothered with IDF, or like me who's more active on Danielle's topics original.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
MyystikSpiral
post Nov 21st 2013, 1:00 AM
Post #20

No one's fan threads are very active this time whut.gif

There's no way he will crack the top 3 -- everyone knows it will be Cole, Jacquie, and Matthew --but he is singing some interesting songs and is a good singer, so I don't care if he sticks around awhile.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 4:34 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol