Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> Before posting a question, read this!

Before posting a question, check the FAQ forum first! When posting a question, please use a descriptive topic title and be as detailed as you can in your post so that we can better assist you.

Note: This forum is reserved for questions and feedback for our forums/website only! If you have questions not related to our forums/website like computer questions, please direct those to Off-Topic.

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A (Distinct) Danielle Bradbery Forum Thread
Drew1903
post Jul 12th 2013, 4:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. Danielle Bradbery

We would like to communicate to the idolforums Admin our desire to have a distinct Danielle Bradbery Forum separate from The Voice (forum).

'WE' are from the Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread, currently under The Voice heading umbrella. We will be continuing to discuss Danielle as her career continues after & beyond The Voice. Ergo, we feel it makes good, logical, sense, going forward, to not have concerns regarding Danielle mixed up w/ (new) contestants involved w/ a new season of The Voice.

There would likely be various headings & sections within the Danielle Bradbery Forum. Such details would be determined in due course.

Please give our request serious consideration. We, certainly, feel setting this up would be prudent in view of following Danielle's blossoming career following her Season 4 win on The Voice. As she moves away from The Voice we believe it is only fitting and appropriate that a Forum devoted to her be moved away from THe Voice (forum), as well.

Thank you, in advance for your cooperation & indulgence toward this matter and the idea. On behalf of the Members of The Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread,

Cheers,
Drew

This post has been edited by Drew1903: Jul 12th 2013, 5:06 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 12th 2013, 4:17 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

season1
post Jul 12th 2013, 5:02 AM
Post #2

I guess what we're trying to ask is: Is it possible to have a Danielle Bradbery Forum?

It's been almost a month since the end of the season and the Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread is one busy place, and we like it. However, we're wondering if it is possible to have a Danielle Bradbery forum (like the ones in the Idol Showcase) so we can have separate threads for different topics.

The reason we're asking is, though we like the fan thread being so active right now, it can get confusing sometimes with members talking about different topics like the single, radio tour, radio requesting, polls, media appearances, news, Twitter/social media, OT stuff. Future topics would include more singles, the album, tour dates, more media stuff. It would also be nice to have a photo thread and a video thread. Right now, these types of posts are intermixed with the other topics and sometimes it's getting harder to keep up ...

On average, we're adding 40-60 posts a day and sometimes 40+ posts in a couple of hours. The day the song leaked, and the start of her radio tour, we added 80+ comments in 6 hours alone. In fact, we're busier now than during the season, because Danielle's launch seems to be in hyper-speed.

Of course, if we have to, we'll just start a new thread for the album on The Voice forum, for example. But once the new season of The Voice starts in September, The Voice forum would mostly be about that season's contestants and events. Thus, the Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread and possibly Danielle album/song threads would look somewhat out of place. Also, a Danielle Bradbery photo thread would not look right in The Voice forum IMO.

There are many threads in The Voice forum that are Danielle related (mostly from during the season), though only 2 are quite active right now -- the fan thread and the "Dixie" thread. If a Danielle Bradbery forum is setup, can all those threads be transferred?

I really have no idea how IDF sets up various forums and what criteria must be met to have a contestant/winner forum. But this is the first time I think that a The Voice fan thread is still this active weeks after the season is over and it looks like it will continue to be very active, as Danielle's career is being launched very quickly, unlike previous winners. So it would be really nice to have a Danielle Bradbery forum before Season 5 starts (in 2 months). flowers.gif

This post has been edited by season1: Jul 12th 2013, 5:29 AM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ivy.ontheway
post Jul 12th 2013, 8:09 AM
Post #3

wub.gif thumbsup.gif
Please open a separate forum for Danielle.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
masterscorpio77
post Jul 12th 2013, 8:23 AM
Post #4

Fav. Native Artist:Crystal Shawanda

Yeah I would be in agreement for a Danielle Bradbery forum. I mean we have them for past Idol contestants, and there is enough fans of Danielle that it would be fairly busy.

It would be much appreciated.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
xGMANx
post Jul 12th 2013, 8:53 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(season1 @ Jul 12th 2013, 6:02 AM) *

I guess what we're trying to ask is: Is it possible to have a Danielle Bradbery Forum?

It's been almost a month since the end of the season and the Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread is one busy place, and we like it. However, we're wondering if it is possible to have a Danielle Bradbery forum (like the ones in the Idol Showcase) so we can have separate threads for different topics.

The reason we're asking is, though we like the fan thread being so active right now, it can get confusing sometimes with members talking about different topics like the single, radio tour, radio requesting, polls, media appearances, news, Twitter/social media, OT stuff. Future topics would include more singles, the album, tour dates, more media stuff. It would also be nice to have a photo thread and a video thread. Right now, these types of posts are intermixed with the other topics and sometimes it's getting harder to keep up ...

On average, we're adding 40-60 posts a day and sometimes 40+ posts in a couple of hours. The day the song leaked, and the start of her radio tour, we added 80+ comments in 6 hours alone. In fact, we're busier now than during the season, because Danielle's launch seems to be in hyper-speed.

Of course, if we have to, we'll just start a new thread for the album on The Voice forum, for example. But once the new season of The Voice starts in September, The Voice forum would mostly be about that season's contestants and events. Thus, the Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread and possibly Danielle album/song threads would look somewhat out of place. Also, a Danielle Bradbery photo thread would not look right in The Voice forum IMO.

There are many threads in The Voice forum that are Danielle related (mostly from during the season), though only 2 are quite active right now -- the fan thread and the "Dixie" thread. If a Danielle Bradbery forum is setup, can all those threads be transferred?

I really have no idea how IDF sets up various forums and what criteria must be met to have a contestant/winner forum. But this is the first time I think that a The Voice fan thread is still this active weeks after the season is over and it looks like it will continue to be very active, as Danielle's career is being launched very quickly, unlike previous winners. So it would be really nice to have a Danielle Bradbery forum before Season 5 starts (in 2 months). flowers.gif

OK, I'm all for it!

Just worried about the heavy "guest" traffic, whom are being directly linked from Twitter advertising (of the fan thread) not being able to navigate to the new topics (threads). As long as the existing(fan page) thread moves over as well, we can always inform the guest on the fan page, that their is more to see, if they navigate, outside the fan thread.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
season1
post Jul 12th 2013, 9:41 AM
Post #6

Dear administrators,

If it's not possible or acceptable to have a Danielle Bradbery forum in the Idol Showcase since she's not from American Idol, would you possibly consider creating a Danielle Bradbery sub-forum within The Voice forum?

--------------

QUOTE(xGMANx @ Jul 12th 2013, 8:53 AM) *

OK, I'm all for it!

Just worried about the heavy "guest" traffic, whom are being directly linked from Twitter advertising (of the fan thread) not being able to navigate to the new topics (threads). As long as the existing(fan page) thread moves over as well, we can always inform the guest on the fan page, that their is more to see, if they navigate, outside the fan thread.

I've seen them move off-topic threads to the correct forums so I think they can move the fan thread, and any Danielle related thread to another forum, or a sub-forum.

Maybe to start with, the admin can just create a Danielle Bradbery sub-forum under The Voice forum...

As to advertising, you can just post the forum or sub-forum link. For example, The Voice forum link is http://idolforums.com/index.php?showforum=638. It's actually easier -- instead of taking them to page 1 of the fan thread, it will take them to the forum index and they can just click on the topic, of which the fan thread would be one, which would probably be mainly for sign-up and archive by then.

This post has been edited by season1: Jul 12th 2013, 9:42 AM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Spurrious
post Jul 12th 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #7

The Voice of Reason

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. The Voice: Danielle

QUOTE(masterscorpio77 @ Jul 12th 2013, 9:23 AM) *

Yeah I would be in agreement for a Danielle Bradbery forum. I mean we have them for past Idol contestants, and there is enough fans of Danielle that it would be fairly busy.
It would be much appreciated.

YEP! It's time has come.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Redenator
post Jul 12th 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #8

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. Bradbery

Dedicated Danielle Forum wub.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Castronovo---------------------James--------------------------Samarin
+Quote Post
Drew1903
post Jul 12th 2013, 1:27 PM
Post #9

Fav. Danielle Bradbery

QUOTE(season1 @ Jul 12th 2013, 10:41 AM) *

Dear administrators,

If it's not possible or acceptable to have a Danielle Bradbery forum in the Idol Showcase since she's not from American Idol, would you possibly consider creating a Danielle Bradbery sub-forum within The Voice forum?

--------------
I've seen them move off-topic threads to the correct forums so I think they can move the fan thread, and any Danielle related thread to another forum, or a sub-forum.

Maybe to start with, the admin can just create a Danielle Bradbery sub-forum under The Voice forum...

As to advertising, you can just post the forum or sub-forum link. For example, The Voice forum link is http://idolforums.com/index.php?showforum=638. It's actually easier -- instead of taking them to page 1 of the fan thread, it will take them to the forum index and they can just click on the topic, of which the fan thread would be one, which would probably be mainly for sign-up and archive by then.

I am in IT myself. And if a new Danielle Forum were created, technically, merging existing threads with is not difficult & certainly, not impossible. Ergo, nothing we, already, have would be lost.

Cheers,
Drew

This post has been edited by Drew1903: Jul 12th 2013, 1:28 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
season1
post Jul 12th 2013, 7:36 PM
Post #10

Forgot to add this on my first comment at Post #2 --

Currently, here are Danielle Bradbery's busiest threads:

Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread, currently 146 pages - http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=700501
First Single Thread, currently 7 pages - http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=703889

This post has been edited by season1: Jul 12th 2013, 9:03 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jul 13th 2013, 7:02 AM
Post #11

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, & we have to assume that Voice will treat Danielle better than Melanie from XF, but Melanie has 266 pages & she along with Drew, Rachel, Astro plus 5th Harmony etc all have to deal with being intermixed & only one thread in the Main forum.

What I would like to advocate is instead of a sub forum for Danielle or Melanie, but a sub forum for Past seasons news & threads about all Past Seasons contestants, just like Idol has but one for each of those shows as well.

It wouldn't be solely Danielle or Melanie news like would be ideal, but it is still allowed to have half a dozen threads for one former contestant & other past contestants will also be able to have a home & not clog up the current season forum.

The Voice & even the XF have proven that they are here to stay & not one & done like Duets. So, not only should they get their own forum, like they have already, they should have a sub forum for Past Seasons, b/c their respective past season rosters are only going to get bigger.

Now, for a very few select contestants from Voice & XF, if it's been 2 years from their seasons, & they are still highly active, then they should really be given consideration of a sub forum of their own. This means that they are no longer former contestants but have become part of the music community, at least in the sense that the fanbase still likes to really talk about them, probably b/c they are still doing a lot of things. IMO, Jessica & Phillips promotion was too early, though, haven't checked to see how active they are. There are cases like with Siobhan, yeah she didn't win or get a major label deal with a lot of promotion etc, that high activity, even shortly after, does not lead to high activity for years to come. Thus, it's too early for Danielle.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Jul 13th 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #12

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

Fifth Harmony need their own forum. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Jul 13th 2013, 2:08 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

Ignoring that the admins are barely around here anymore, I doubt it'll happen. None of the other winners of The Voice have their own forum.

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB Image
S:SJDS: Jon. Reed. Jaclyn. Natalie. ◄◄ DWTS19: Janel/Val. Alfonso/Witney. Lea/Artem.
+Quote Post
istersay
post Jul 13th 2013, 8:33 PM
Post #14

Search and Destroy
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(jstxanothrxstory @ Jul 13th 2013, 12:08 PM) *

Ignoring that the admins are barely around here anymore, I doubt it'll happen. None of the other winners of The Voice have their own forum.

True, and none of the winners/contestants of any show other than Idol have a forum that I can remember.

It's up to the Admin though flowers.gif

p.s. no need to PM Mods, we have no say so in the matter kissbye.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Jul 13th 2013, 9:57 PM
Post #15

The Canadian Idols do, but they never created one for Theo.

--------------------
IPB Image
S:SJDS: Jon. Reed. Jaclyn. Natalie. ◄◄ DWTS19: Janel/Val. Alfonso/Witney. Lea/Artem.
+Quote Post
Spurrious
post Jul 14th 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #16

The Voice of Reason

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jul 13th 2013, 8:02 AM) *

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, & we have to assume that Voice will treat Danielle better than Melanie from XF, but Melanie has 266 pages & she along with Drew, Rachel, Astro plus 5th Harmony etc all have to deal with being intermixed & only one thread in the Main forum.

Yes Melanie has a 266 page thread dating back to 10/17/2011. However, Danielle's thread has dominated the The Voice forum to the detriment of all the other Voice contestants/news.

To normalize the comparison: Melanie's thread hit 150 pages (with Cowell drama) in 169 days; Danielle's thread hit 150 (drama free) pages in 103 days. With new music out in a few days and a live show in Rockefeller Square the day after... the train won't be slowing down anytime soon.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Jul 14th 2013, 1:44 PM
Post #17

Honestly, y'all could get away with just using, like, the Julia DeMato forum or something. No one even goes in there anymore.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Spurrious
post Jul 14th 2013, 2:13 PM
Post #18

The Voice of Reason

QUOTE(jdanton2 @ Jul 13th 2013, 11:31 AM) *

Fifth Harmony need their own forum. thumbsup.gif

Yes they do!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kevinn123
post Jul 16th 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene
Fav. XFUS2: Fifth Harmony

QUOTE(jstxanothrxstory @ Jul 14th 2013, 2:44 PM) *

Honestly, y'all could get away with just using, like, the Julia DeMato forum or something. No one even goes in there anymore.

lmao.gif

--------------------
Miller, Reinhart, Irene, Grimmie, Kelly, Toscano, Laine, Bradberry, Boyer, Erbert, Pope, Lee, Harrison, Lawson, Underwood, Sparks, Maher
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SYTYCD11: Jacque, Jessica, Carly, Ricky, Emily, Tanisha, Zack, Emilio, Serge, Malene| Set: Chris
+Quote Post
season1
post Jul 17th 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(jstxanothrxstory @ Jul 14th 2013, 1:44 PM) *

I know you're joking, but we can't really use any other sub-forum, even if it's "dead". Danielle-related topics would be off-topic there, and the mods/admins would move the thread(s) if they don't delete them.

This post has been edited by season1: Jul 17th 2013, 12:08 AM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 2:45 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol