Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does This Mean Kree is Getting Signed/Putting Out An Album Too?
amy1
post May 16th 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson
Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison

Kinda confused by the Idol Insider's tweets/posts, but this sounds to me like Kree is putting out an album too but just at a later date than Candice's album. Not sure though :

http://theidolpad.blogspot.com/2013/05/ai1...ison-album.html

TIP (TheIdolPad) ‏@idolspoilers 27m
#idolspoilers AI12 Runner-Up Kree Harrison's album will be self-titled

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 16th 2013, 10:27 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

lfy
post May 16th 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #2

You know me. No clue.

If she is signed, it will be with the Nashville label that Casey James is signed with, I believe.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post May 16th 2013, 10:33 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

Obviously, she will get signed. She's a country superstar waiting to happen. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lfy
post May 16th 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ May 16th 2013, 8:33 PM) *

Obviously, she will get signed. She's a country superstar waiting to happen. tongue.gif

Even thought I've not been a fan of country music I am a fan of Kree. I so hope you're right. I want a good album from Kree. Even if it takes longer.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
<3J.SPARKS<3
post May 17th 2013, 12:22 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ May 16th 2013, 8:33 PM) *

sorcerer.gif

--------------------

Your Signature was removed because of Forum Rules - Please resize to fit the limits of 80kb 500x175.
This ticket is not for me. ☮ avi & sig: mine
+Quote Post
lfy
post May 17th 2013, 2:41 AM
Post #6

Amy, I posted this in the Top 2 Discussion thread, but I should have posted it here.

I'm not upset, I'm mostly sad. I think if Kree won, we'd be seeing her all over TV and stuff b/c all the promotion. I'm going to miss not seeing very much on TV.

Here's a hopeful interview Kree did this evening. Sounds like she has something cooking!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...rican-idol.html

Kree Harrison talks Candice's win and her own future after 'American Idol

Country singer Kree Harrison may have placed second after Candice Glover on "American Idol" Season 12, but that's definitely not getting her down. Even right after the competition, Kree was her normal, cheerful self. Check out what Kree is planning for her post-"Idol" future in this interview.

Were you happy for Candice after her win?

Kree Harrison: Well, yeah!

Did you feel disappointed that you didn't win?

Kree Harrison: You know what? We're both standing there, and the beauty of Candice and I is that we are both totally different artists. We are both so driven for each other's careers, and I just felt like it was the beginning. This is not the end of the road for any of us. I'm so proud of her, and I am proud of myself for getting this far. And I could not believe I was standing there with her at the finale!

Honestly the whole night was magical for me and Candice. We kept looking at each other asking, "What are we doing?"The fact that I kept looking down and seeing my whole family -- my brother is here tonight -- I felt so relieved to have the support that I have had.

With Candice coming out with an album in six weeks and Angie already releasing a single, what are your musical plans?

Kree Harrison: Stay tuned!

How do you think you have improved as a performer through the "American Idol" experience?

Kree Harrison: I think before this whole journey that emotionally, I had a wall up on stage. It's really taught me how to tear that down and connect with an audience. Because you have to on the show -- you have to sing into a camera and that's really important. I just feel like it's taught me to be a better performer.

What sort of album would you like to ideally produce?

Kree Harrison: I don't want to tell you yet! [laughs] It's definitely going to be country, for sure. I want to be country. I can't believe I get to go and make that now!

Whatever it is it will be Kree.

If you could pick anyone from "Idol" to work with on the album, who would it be?

Kree Harrison: Keith. He's a fellow country artist, and it would be awesome to have a collaboration. I had so much fun singing with him!

Since Nashville is known for being welcoming to new artists, is that where you think your home will remain?

Kree Harrison: Oh yes. I've lived in Nashville for 13 years, so I've adopted lots of family. I am a little biased -- it's my second home.

What's next for you?

Kree Harrison: The next step! All of the relationships that I've created and friends that I've made get to move forward together -- which is crazy. I get to go and tour! Then I just want to make a record.

That's all I've ever wanted to do.

This post has been edited by lfy: May 17th 2013, 2:43 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
happyjam
post May 17th 2013, 3:37 AM
Post #7

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. American Idol: Jessica Sanchez

There's already a pre-order page for Kree's album on Amazon. original.gif Maybe they gonna release her album 2-3 weeks after Candice.

http://www.amazon.com/Kree-Harrison/dp/B00...8844&sr=1-1

--------------------
+Quote Post
NotAGuest
post May 17th 2013, 7:30 PM
Post #8

I don't think she's putting out an Album yet. Someone asked in the Press conference about her next move and she said:

"My single is released, which I can’t even believe I can say that out loud. It’s on iTunes. I hope y’all are going to go purchase it. I don’t know! The tour is tomorrow, and I feel like – I have the world in my hands right now to make a good record and I’m so happy about it. As soon as I can, I’m going to start writing and collaborating with other singer/songwriters. We’ll see what happens. I can’t wait to share it.”

She starts writing after the tour?
Also from that comment I don't think she wanted to win. She feels freeee haha.gif

This post has been edited by NotAGuest: May 17th 2013, 8:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
leeyvic
post May 17th 2013, 8:05 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(NotAGuest @ May 18th 2013, 8:30 AM) *

I don't think she's putting out an Album yet. Someone asked in the Press conference about her next move and she said:

"My single is released, which I canít even believe I can say that out loud. Itís on iTunes. I hope yíall are going to go purchase it. I donít know! The tour is tomorrow, and I feel like Ė I have the world in my hands right now to make a good record and Iím so happy about it. As soon as I can, Iím going to start writing and collaborating with other singer/songwriters. Weíll see what happens. I canít wait to share it.Ē

Also from that comment. I don't think she wanted to win. She feels freeee haha.gif

yeah i hope they wouldn't hold her down

--------------------
IPB Image
LEE DEWYZE-HALEY REINHART-ELISE TESTONE-KREE HARRISON-LAUREN JAUREGUI
+Quote Post
lfy
post May 17th 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(NotAGuest @ May 17th 2013, 5:30 PM) *

"My single is released, which I canít even believe I can say that out loud. Itís on iTunes. I hope yíall are going to go purchase it. I donít know! The tour is tomorrow, and I feel like Ė I have the world in my hands right now to make a good record and Iím so happy about it. As soon as I can, Iím going to start writing and collaborating with other singer/songwriters. Weíll see what happens. I canít wait to share it.Ē

Also from that comment I don't think she wanted to win. She feels freeee haha.gif

It sounds a little confusing from earlier stuff said. When she said the tour starts tomorrow, maybe she meant next month. tongue.gif It also sounds like, even tho' she was supposed to be writings song/working w/collaborators throughout the Top 10, maybe she figures since she didn't win, she has more time to do this stuff?
I do think she wanted to win, b/c only the winner these days is guaranteed a record contract. But I also don't think she felt it was the end of the world to come in second. I do think she is signed or will be signed to their Nashville label. They usually don't announce it until sometime after the winner's official announcement.

I do think more of the pressure on her is off-- had she won, she'd have the extra stress of expectations to sell more, as well as the scrutiny about whether she might end up being the lowest selling Idol winner ever. Candice likely will sell more than her, given the extra promotion, but Kree has more of a built-in, ready to go niche in country.
Candice more likely will have to succumb to being molded into what Interscope feels will sell more. IMO. happy.gif

This post has been edited by lfy: May 17th 2013, 10:44 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lfy
post May 17th 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #11

I just read this comment from Windmills(with her country music expertise) on MJ's blog:

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-ru...-4.htm#comments

Windmills:
Yay, excited for Kree to make her Opry debut, especially knowing that it'll mean a lot to her to sing there! Quite the lineup that night, and it's great knowing that she'll be performing with friends there.

19 Management's blueprint for country Idols at CMA Fest follows Carrie's path: Opry debut right after the season ends, plus participation in the City Of Hope Celebrity Softball Challenge (which Kree has now joined as part of Team Opry). I expect Kree will also wind up presenting at the CMT Awards and maybe meet with Mercury Nashville people if there's interest in signing her there (which I really hope there will be).

The Opry likes having the Idols there - they fill seats and often bring some media attention with them! Sure enough CMA Fest week at the Opry is full of Idols: Kellie & Kree Tuesday, Carrie & Lauren Friday, and Scotty Saturday. Members of the 'Nashville' cast have also become pretty regular performers at the Opry, too (I'm sure it helps that the President of the Grand Ole Opry Group is an executive producer on 'Nashville').

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Milkitaaa
post May 18th 2013, 11:48 AM
Post #12

I have a feeling that she might follow path of Lauren & Scotty path, signed to Interscope & Nashville label ?

Her debut at Opry will launch her career, cant wait for it grin.gif

This post has been edited by Milkitaaa: May 18th 2013, 11:48 AM

--------------------
♥ Fifth Harmony ♥ Ariana Grande ♥
IPB Image
BO$$
+Quote Post
DiFan
post May 19th 2013, 5:23 AM
Post #13

Fav. Team: Boston Red Sox

She's too good not to be signed. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
num1meekfan
post May 21st 2013, 2:42 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon
Fav. AI2: Kimberley Locke

Interscope will sign her based on single sales but if they don't i'm sure someone will!

--------------------
IPB Image
Mikalah Cavaricci Vintage Twitter: @Justinmjohnston
+Quote Post
amy1
post May 21st 2013, 3:35 PM
Post #15

Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson
Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison

QUOTE(num1meekfan @ May 21st 2013, 3:42 PM) *

Interscope will sign her based on single sales but if they don't i'm sure someone will!

Well considering that Idol hasn't done much to promote her single, then I guess them signing her ain't gonna happe. I heard that both Kree's & Candice's singles haven't sold well. crying.gif Hopefully a good country label will sign Kree soon. Sure don't want her working with Interscope/Jimmy. bloated.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
num1meekfan
post May 21st 2013, 9:23 PM
Post #16

Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon
Fav. AI2: Kimberley Locke

QUOTE(amy1 @ May 21st 2013, 4:35 PM) *

Well considering that Idol hasn't done much to promote her single, then I guess them signing her ain't gonna happe. I heard that both Kree's & Candice's singles haven't sold well. crying.gif Hopefully a good country label will sign Kree soon. Sure don't want her working with Interscope/Jimmy. bloated.gif

Interscope/Universal is terrible with their artists. Lady Gaga released The Fmae on Interscope. It took a year and a ton of promotion on Lady Gaga's part to get the album steam.

It was a bad move for Idol to move from Sony to Universal.

--------------------
IPB Image
Mikalah Cavaricci Vintage Twitter: @Justinmjohnston
+Quote Post
lfy
post May 21st 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(amy1 @ May 21st 2013, 1:35 PM) *

Amy, I'm almost positive she'll get signed. huggy.gif
She'll back home in Nashville in a couple weeks, performing at the Grand Ole Opry. We can also ask Katie when she sees Kree (hopefully) what's happening re: Kree's album. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MitziHunt
post May 22nd 2013, 1:34 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

QUOTE(leeyvic @ May 17th 2013, 9:05 PM) *

yeah i hope they wouldn't hold her down

Good god your sig is glorious.haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
lfy
post Jun 17th 2013, 3:51 PM
Post #19

Haven't updated this thread in a while.

Windmills, the Nashville insider who posts on MJsBigblog, responded to another query asking if Kree had been signed yet:

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/idol-headlines-for-61713.htm

windmills ē 10 minutes ago
I don't think Kree's been assigned to a major label yet but I believe 19R intends to pick up (or already has picked up) her recording option. Mercury Nashville is so crowded right now, I don't expect it to be where Kree is assigned if she is assigned within UMG Nashville. I think we'll hear about a publishing deal for Kree before we hear about a record deal, and I wouldn't be surprised if she spent part of the summer putting together a set of songs to pitch to labels with 19's support.

I've been speculating that maybe Keith could sign her to his Hit Red Records with a distribution/promo/marketing license to Capitol Nashville. I don't think Hit Red Records really exists outside of Keith right now though and it's basically a vehicle for him to license his own recordings to Capitol Nashville. But if that happens that would be a sign of Keith really taking a personal interest in supporting Kree.

Since it looks like she already in the studio recording, it may be she's signed w/19R, and they'll shop her songs around to labels. If Mercury Nashville is out (we don't know yet), I'm okay w/that, esp. if they're overcrowded with new talent (Scotty, Lauren, etc.) -- might be nice for Kree to have a label that can focus on her being a new up and coming star. sorcerer.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
<3J.SPARKS<3
post Jun 18th 2013, 1:14 AM
Post #20

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

can't wait for the announcement cool.gif

--------------------

Your Signature was removed because of Forum Rules - Please resize to fit the limits of 80kb 500x175.
This ticket is not for me. ☮ avi & sig: mine
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 29th 2014, 7:45 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol