Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radio Discussion Thread, Thoughts, Rants, and can be avoided if one wishes:)
Craig Bennett
post Dec 28th 2013, 5:47 AM
Post #281

Group: Members

QUOTE(JennetteC @ Dec 28th 2013, 12:59 AM) *

SYT was also in there... sad.gif I don't know whether to have the "hey, they're taking notice of him" attitude yes.gif or the "they're trashing his songs without even giving him a chance" attitude.... no.gif

Honestly, this garbage is getting old. Artists are going to try to give radio songs they feel work with what they are airing today. That doesn't mean that same artist couldn't (or doesn't) desire to do something entirely different.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 28th 2013, 5:47 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

stylin1188
post Dec 28th 2013, 6:38 AM
Post #282

QUOTE(JennetteC @ Dec 28th 2013, 12:59 AM) *

SYT was also in there... sad.gif I don't know whether to have the "hey, they're taking notice of him" attitude yes.gif or the "they're trashing his songs without even giving him a chance" attitude.... no.gif

Let's go with every top selling male is on there .Unfortunately young male and female listener's love this music I think they are trying to tap into the younger demographic of listener's and buyer's. . Scotty will get his number one and then he can sing what he wants and bring the songs of the heart back . I like all kinds of country music and RnB . Scotty is my top .Bruno Mars and Adele are my other genre favorites . I just wish radio would embrace traditional country music more that is the heart and core of country music .

This post has been edited by stylin1188: Dec 28th 2013, 6:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
amc
post Dec 28th 2013, 7:59 AM
Post #283

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

Would have been much nicer if they had titled the video Why Country Music Needs More Variety instead of calling the songs awful. The girl segment was ridiculous because even Hunter Hayes who is in no way bro country says girl in his songs. And George Straight was even included in that segment. Still annoys me how the sweet song See You Tonight is so misinterpreted but I guess people will hear what they want to hear.

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
stylin1188
post Dec 28th 2013, 9:03 AM
Post #284

QUOTE(amc @ Dec 28th 2013, 7:59 AM) *

Would have been much nicer if they had titled the video Why Country Music Needs More Variety instead of calling the songs awful. The girl segment was ridiculous because even Hunter Hayes who is in no way bro country says girl in his songs. And George Straight was even included in that segment. Still annoys me how the sweet song See You Tonight is so misinterpreted but I guess people will hear what they want to hear.

Exactly. ..

--------------------
+Quote Post
mism
post Jan 2nd 2014, 5:21 PM
Post #285

There are some big changes in the works for evening and overnight country radio. Two have already seen the beginning of a change and the third will begin overnight on January 6.

Taste of Country Nights (6 monitored stations)

In the December 30th Country Aircheck there was an announcement that Jeremy Robinson had left TofC Nights.
I found this quote interesting:

“I’m excited to be looking for my next opportunity and am eagerly searching for a company whose
objective is to serve the audience and put together a product that not only serves the P1s, but can successfully integrate digital and create revenue all at the same time,” he says.

It must have been a sudden move because I listened to the beginning of the show on the 30th and "Screener John", whose job is to screen incoming calls, was filling in as DJ. I haven't been able to find out anything more about it and I haven't listened since then.

NASH Nights

This is a new program with Shawn Pharr (hadn't heard of him before reading about this change) which will officially begin on January 6th but which aired last night with a guest DJ and Dierks Bentley as guest host. This means that all of the Cumulus stations which formerly aired CMT Live with Cody Alan will now air this program. Cody Alan will continue with CMT Live on his remaining stations but more changes are said to be forthcoming. The only monitored stations carrying this program were the Cumulus stations (11 out of the 15 monitored Cumulus stations.

After Midnite with Cody Alan (just about every Clear Channel station large and small)

Cody Alan takes over After Midnight on Monday, January 6th. It will be interesting to see if all stations now have the same playlist instead of at least two like has been the case recently. This is a big deal and I'm excited to see what unfolds.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
McCreerian1980
post Jan 2nd 2014, 7:17 PM
Post #286

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

Eric Church's new song "Give Me Back My Hometown" will get the Clear Channel hourly spin deal starting tomorrow. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Jan 2nd 2014, 7:39 PM
Post #287

QUOTE(mism @ Jan 2nd 2014, 5:21 PM) *

There are some big changes in the works for evening and overnight country radio. Two have already seen the beginning of a change and the third will begin overnight on January 6.

Taste of Country Nights (6 monitored stations)

In the December 30th Country Aircheck there was an announcement that Jeremy Robinson had left TofC Nights.
I found this quote interesting:

“I’m excited to be looking for my next opportunity and am eagerly searching for a company whose
objective is to serve the audience and put together a product that not only serves the P1s, but can successfully integrate digital and create revenue all at the same time,” he says.

It must have been a sudden move because I listened to the beginning of the show on the 30th and "Screener John", whose job is to screen incoming calls, was filling in as DJ. I haven't been able to find out anything more about it and I haven't listened since then.

NASH Nights

This is a new program with Shawn Pharr (hadn't heard of him before reading about this change) which will officially begin on January 6th but which aired last night with a guest DJ and Dierks Bentley as guest host. This means that all of the Cumulus stations which formerly aired CMT Live with Cody Alan will now air this program. Cody Alan will continue with CMT Live on his remaining stations but more changes are said to be forthcoming. The only monitored stations carrying this program were the Cumulus stations (11 out of the 15 monitored Cumulus stations.

After Midnite with Cody Alan (just about every Clear Channel station large and small)

Cody Alan takes over After Midnight on Monday, January 6th. It will be interesting to see if all stations now have the same playlist instead of at least two like has been the case recently. This is a big deal and I'm excited to see what unfolds.

Thanks for the heads up . . . Hope Cody continues to support our Scotty -- SYT could use a big 'After Midnite' boost next week thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mary_beaton
post Jan 8th 2014, 11:02 PM
Post #288

I saw this on Twitter and hope it remains a rumor. It was just a brief mention of a rumor on a list of what you could term water cooler topics at HDD website. It's frightening to think of Cumulus controlling all the radio stations now owned by CBS radio.

Windmills Country ‏@WindmillsMusic
Wow, rumors of Cumulus buying CBS radio?! Would make for some MAJOR major market presence in country format. http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/hitslist/hitslist.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
McCreerian1980
post Jan 8th 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #289

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(mary_beaton @ Jan 8th 2014, 11:02 PM) *

I saw this on Twitter and hope it remains a rumor. It was just a brief mention of a rumor on a list of what you could term water cooler topics at HDD website. It's frightening to think of Cumulus controlling all the radio stations now owned by CBS radio.

Windmills Country ‏@WindmillsMusic
Wow, rumors of Cumulus buying CBS radio?! Would make for some MAJOR major market presence in country format. http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/hitslist/hitslist.html

I wonder how they made the money to buy it? thumbdown.gif The evil corporate favors they get are now enable them to spread their immoral practices even more. This could cripple the Country chart slowing it down even more if they control more AI.

These are the current CBS stations:

KILT-FM Houston CBS Radio 713-881-5100
KMLE-FM Phoenix CBS Radio 602-452-1000
KMNB-FM Minneapolis CBS Radio 612-370-0611
KMPS-FM Seattle CBS Radio 206-805-0941
KNCI-FM Sacramento CBS Radio 916-338-9200
WDSY-FM Pittsburgh CBS Radio 412-920-9400
WQYK-FM Tampa CBS Radio 727-579-1925
WSOC-FM Charlotte CBS Radio 704-522-1103
WUSN-FM Chicago CBS Radio 312-649-0099
WYCD-FM Detroit CBS Radio 248-581-2200

These are HUGE markets. This would be tragic for any Country music artist not on their A list and whose labels don't "pay up." no.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
McCreerian1980
post Jan 16th 2014, 7:22 PM
Post #290

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

Young Country Fans Loyal To Radio

January 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM (PT)

“Country listeners of all ages have often been among the most loyal to broadcast radio, and 12-to-24-year-olds are no exception.” That’s EDISON RESEARCH President LARRY ROSEN, revealing more results from EDISON’s “Understanding Country Radio's Next Generation of Listeners” study, which will be presented in its entirety during COUNTRY RADIO SEMINAR (CRS) 2014 next month.

EDISON surveyed 1,550 12-34-year-olds, including nearly 900 respondents under age 25. In addition, the company conducted face-to-face interviews with Millennials about their attitudes towards Country music, Country radio, and music listening and media habits in general.

ROSEN added that while loyalty to radio is strong among younger, 12-24 Country listeners, “With the strength of today’s Country music, Millennial listeners are eager to consume it on many platforms.” That includes personalized online radio such as PANDORA. And 12-to-24 year-old Country fans were more likely to have listened to personalized online radio in the previous week than 12-24s overall.

Last week, EDISON shared early results of the same study that showed CARRIE UNDERWOOD is the preferred artist among 12-to-24 year-olds who like Country music (NET NEWS 1/6).

The entire survey will be presented WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19th at CRS by EDISON’s ROSEN and MEGAN LAZOVICK, along with JAYNE CHARNESKI, an expert on millennials. A follow-up session will be held WEDNESDAY,FEBRUARY 20th.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/...-loyal-to-radio

--------------------
+Quote Post
mary_beaton
post Jan 17th 2014, 1:09 PM
Post #291

Another article to give you heartburn about the current state of radio programming:

Radio's Answer to Spotify? Less Variety
Stations Create More Repetition, Fearing Listeners Will Tune Out Unfamiliar Tunes
By Hannah Karp
Jan. 16, 2014 2:16 p.m. ET

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000...313150485141672

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sharon Jiles
post Jan 22nd 2014, 7:52 AM
Post #292

QUOTE(mary_beaton @ Jan 17th 2014, 1:09 PM) *

Another article to give you heartburn about the current state of radio programming:

Radio's Answer to Spotify? Less Variety
Stations Create More Repetition, Fearing Listeners Will Tune Out Unfamiliar Tunes
By Hannah Karp
Jan. 16, 2014 2:16 p.m. ET

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000...313150485141672

Thanks for posting this article, Vada. Aggravating, but quite enlightening! noexpression.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SSKY
post Jan 28th 2014, 5:42 PM
Post #293

Saw this article post on Twitter about Cumulus vs Clear Channel radio and it is pretty interesting. As we know, this writer has a lot of strong opinions about artists and such but I thought this article was worth reading.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/a-countr...-has-broken-out

--------------------
+Quote Post
McCreerian1980
post Feb 6th 2014, 2:52 PM
Post #294

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

Radio Reaches 242 Million Listeners Per Week Finds Nielsen; Country Top Format

February 6, 2014 at 3:58 AM (PT)

NIELSEN has released a new report, "State Of The Media: Audio Today 2014 How America Listens February 2014." In it, the company found that 242 Million listen to radio each week, to audio across AMERICA. That’s nearly 92% of everyone age 12 or older, and the reach is nearly identical across all major demographic groups, ethnicities and geographies.

Highlights Of The Report
•Radio Reaches 90%+ Of Nearly Every Demographic
•65 Million Of America’s Most Connected Consumers Use Radio Each Week
•Radio’s Workforce; 74% Of Generation X Listeners Work Full-Time
•Boomers (P50-64) Are Radio’s Most Engaged Demo; More Than 14 Hours Per Week Spent With Radio
•More Than 94% Of All Hispanics Use Radio Each Week
•Nearly 92% Of All African Americans Use Radio Every Week

America’s Top Formats In 2013 -- Ranked By Share Of Total Listening (%)
1.Country -- 14.8
2.News/Talk -- 11.3
3.Top 40 -- 8.0
4.AC -- 7.3
5.Classic Hits -- 5.5
6.Classic Rock -- 5.2
7.Hot AC -- 4.8
8.Urban AC -- 4.0
9.Top 40/R -- 3.3
10.Sports -- 3.1
11.Urban Contemporary -- 3.1
12.Contemporary Christian -- 3.1
13.Mexican Regional -- 2.8
14.Adults Hits/+80S Hits -- 2.1
15.Active Rock -- 1.9
16.Alternative -- 1.9
17.All News -- 1.5
18.Classical -- 1.4
19.Oldies -- 1.4
20.Spanish Contemporary -- 1.4

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/...s?ref=mail_news

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 23rd 2014, 12:45 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol