Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It looks like Chelsie Hightower was bumped out in favour of Lindsay Arnold
mrduckbear
post Feb 26th 2013, 6:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

word is is that the show wanted a new younger dancer despite chelsie's big fanbase but it seems like she was bumped out in favour of another sytycd alum, lindsay arnold...though i'm surprised it wasn't whitney carson but i guess they wanted someone taller.

still, it looks like chelsie may go the way of dmitry chaplin and lacey schwimmer if we don't see her next fall..assuming the show returns.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 26th 2013, 6:18 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

VanDiemen
post Feb 26th 2013, 7:35 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. SYTYCD4: Joshua Allen
Fav. SYTYCDCA Tara-Jean & Lindsay L

thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif

I wasn't a fan of Lindsay and even more now if that's the case (though I'm not sure it is). Also I would much rather see Chelsie than these former troupe dancers becoming pros. Hopefully it's just a one season thing and Chelsie will be back next season. unsure.gif

Asked about Chmerkovskiy and the other missing pros, a rep for the show told The Hollywood Reporter: "We frequently rotate the professional dancers, so it is not unusual for them to rest a cycle. As we consider who will be matched up each season, there are a lot of factors that dictate which couples make the best pairings. We appreciate each of our dancers' dedication to the show, so this is a very difficult decision. Anna, Chelsie, Louis, and Maks continue to be a part of the Dancing With the Stars family."
IPB Image

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/ne...2#ixzz2M3VLlEUW
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

This post has been edited by VanDiemen: Feb 26th 2013, 7:45 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lindy88
post Feb 26th 2013, 7:51 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Am.Idol: Kelly Clarkson

crying.gif Chelsie.

QUOTE(mrduckbear @ Feb 26th 2013, 5:18 PM) *

still, it looks like chelsie may go the way of dmitry chaplin and lacey schwimmer if we don't see her next fall..assuming the show returns.

I saw Dmitry recently on Bones, but what is Lacey up to these days?

--------------------
+Quote Post
hockeycrazed
post Feb 26th 2013, 7:59 PM
Post #4

wacko.gif I wasn't a fan of Chelsie and kind of indifferent to Lindsay, but Chelsie's a WAY better dancer than Lindsay. In all genres and especially in ballroom.

--------------------
SYTYCD10: Aaron, Amy, Makenzie, Paul
+Quote Post
gabegir45
post Feb 26th 2013, 8:15 PM
Post #5

Fav. Singer: Taylor Swift

Guys, I absolutely love and adore Chelsie and I'm sad she's not on this season either, but I don't think Lindsay specifically is to blame for this.

Sometimes, the producers keep a pro off for a few seasons (Lacey hasn't been on for three seasons in a row now and Anna was off for quite a few seasons too), sometimes they decide that there's no celebrity that would be a good fit for them. It happens. I'm admitedly one of Chelsie's biggest fans on here, but I've come to terms with the fact that she's not on this season and I'm not gonna go around blaming Lindsay. We may see her again next season, who knows?

Also, can we give Lindsay a chance to prove herself on the show before we write her off? She might be so much better on DWTS than she was on SYTYCD. Her run on SYTYCD has nothing to do with why she got chosen - she auditioned, they liked her well enough, they decided to hire her. Versatility isn't a factor because (with the exception of the all-star season, and most pros were unfamiliar with the styles that we frequently see on SYTYCD anyway) the only time the couples stray away from a Standard or Latin ballroom dance is the freestyles. They're looking for good ballroom dancers and from the ballroom we've seen her do on SYTYCD, I'd say Lindsay's a great one.

This post has been edited by gabegir45: Feb 26th 2013, 8:24 PM

--------------------
check out my sytycd lists and redos
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lackey
post Feb 26th 2013, 9:44 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Singer: Allison Iraheta

Lindsay bloated.gif

--------------------
Idol 10: Haley, James, Casey
Idol 11: JESSICA, Skylar, Hollie, Elise, DeAndre, Phillip
IPB Image

Check out my movie review blog!
+Quote Post
emmie
post Feb 26th 2013, 9:46 PM
Post #7

Fav. SYTYCD9: Cole Horibe
Fav. SYTYCD10: Jasmine Harper
Fav. SYTYCD11: Zack Everhart

I adore Chelsie, but I think it's ridiculous how people are bashing Lindsay for this. It's not her fault.

This post has been edited by emmie: Feb 26th 2013, 9:47 PM

--------------------
DWTS19: tommy & peta janel & val bethany & derek sadie & mark
+Quote Post
gabegir45
post Feb 26th 2013, 9:52 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(emmie @ Feb 26th 2013, 9:46 PM) *

I adore Chelsie, but I think it's ridiculous how people are bashing Lindsay for this. It's not her fault.

Same. I really hope that Lindsay does amazing this season and prove everyone wrong.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Feb 27th 2013, 1:37 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse
Fav. XFUK11: Ben Haenow

QUOTE(emmie @ Feb 26th 2013, 9:46 PM) *
Seriously.

And as someone who's seen Lindsay perform ballroom live, girl is amazing. It's not her fault that she was given the lesser routines because Nigel preferred Witney.

--------------------
I Andrew. Last.fm. Twitter.
IPB Image IPB Image
XFUK11: Ben. Jack. Fleur. SUR29: Jon. Jacyln. Natalie. Jeremy.
+Quote Post
gabegir45
post Feb 27th 2013, 1:54 AM
Post #10

We also need to remember that Lindsay's two ballroom performances on the show (the showcase routine and the Paso Doble) were very good and showed that she's a great ballroom dancer - exactly what DWTS is looking for.

Also, for those of you who are curious as to whether or not Chelsie will be back in future seasons, ABC made a statement about all the regular pros who are sitting this season out...

“We frequently rotate the professional dancers, so it is not unusual for them to rest a cycle,” according to an ABC spokeswoman. “As we consider who will be matched up each season, there are a lot of factors that dictate which couples make the best pairings. We appreciate each of our dancers dedication to the show, so this is a very difficult decision. Anna, Chelsie, Maks and Louis continue to be a part of the Dancing With the Stars family.” [x]

So no, Lindsay did not take Chelsie's spot from her. You all can quit blaming her and hating on her now.

This post has been edited by gabegir45: Feb 27th 2013, 2:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
catherineh4
post Feb 27th 2013, 8:38 PM
Post #11

Fav. USXF2: CeCe Frey

how can you guys blame lindsay?! she's an amazing dancer!!
you know chelsie will be back in the future, DWTS likes to expand their pool of pros... what's the big deal?

You don't have to support Lindsay, but the least you could do is tolerate her. What could she have possibly done to you?

I hope she proves you haters wrong bloated.gif

--------------------
CeCe Frey. Beatrice Miller. Emblem 3. Jennel Garcia.
+Quote Post
kaylaaox3
post Feb 28th 2013, 4:07 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

QUOTE(catherineh4 @ Feb 27th 2013, 8:38 PM) *

how can you guys blame lindsay?! she's an amazing dancer!!
you know chelsie will be back in the future, DWTS likes to expand their pool of pros... what's the big deal?

You don't have to support Lindsay, but the least you could do is tolerate her. What could she have possibly done to you?

I hope she proves you haters wrong bloated.gif

Lindsay's a good dancer, but i really want Witney to be a pro on DWTS, perhaps they wanted someone taller because Witney's a little tiny (not in a bad way). oh well maybe Witney will be an all star this year, that'd be awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
music_junkierules
post Mar 2nd 2013, 8:58 AM
Post #13

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison

Seriously, let's not turn this into a bash Lindsay thread okay? We've BARELY seen her dance ballroom compared to everything we've seen of Chelsie so let's not be so quick to judge!

--------------------
IPB Image
harmonizer for life.
+Quote Post
teamballroomfan
post Mar 2nd 2013, 7:06 PM
Post #14

Fav. SYTYCD4: Chelsie Hightower
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman

Chelsie is my all time favorite SYTYCD dancer, and I wish she was on DWTS this season. However, I don't blame lindsay and think that Lindsay should be given a chance to prove herself, as was chelsie when she was starting out on DWTS, because people don't know how well Lindsay will do until she has the chance to show you

--------------------
+Quote Post
fais_2311
post Mar 3rd 2013, 1:41 AM
Post #15

Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

I like Chelsea but I'm still glad to see Lindsay. It's not like her fault at all

--------------------

The X Factor Australia: Reigan Derry ~ Marlisa ~ Dean Ray ~ Sydnee Carter ~ XOX

The X Factor UK: Andrea Faustini ~ Lola Saunders ~ Chloe Jasmine ~ Only The Young ~ Ben Haenow ~ Fleur East

+Quote Post
emcee
post Mar 21st 2013, 7:43 AM
Post #16

Fav. SYTYCD9: Witney Carson
Fav. SYTYCD9: Lindsay Arnold

I'm sorry, but Lindsay as a pro over Witney wacko.gif thumbdown.gif makes no sense to me. Witney has the same spice like Chelsie had and would have been a much better choice.

--------------------
sig credit to:music_junkierules
IPB Image
sytycd 9: Team ballroom- Witney and Lindsay <3
+Quote Post
teamballroomfan
post Mar 21st 2013, 5:55 PM
Post #17

Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman

QUOTE(emcee @ Mar 21st 2013, 7:43 AM) *

I'm sorry, but Lindsay as a pro over Witney wacko.gif thumbdown.gif makes no sense to me. Witney has the same spice like Chelsie had and would have been a much better choice.

Witney was filming a movie at the time of auditions for pros on DWTS so I don't think she could do it this season, hence why she is on the dance troupe

--------------------
+Quote Post
DanceGrant9
post Mar 23rd 2013, 12:13 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(emcee @ Mar 21st 2013, 8:43 AM) *

witney is an amazing performer but you need to be able to produce amazing routines and have stellar technique. and comparing witney and lindsays solos, lindsays 2 solos were far better choreographically and technically better. witneys santigold was her only good solo and it barely had any content in it. Witney is great but she no where near Lindsay's talent choreographically and technically. Witney's leg action is a little lazy and to placed. Lindsay's are smooth and like butter. I know because I am a latin ballroom dancer as well. just saying. I AM SOOO HAPPY LINDSAY IS A PRO AND SHE DID AMAZING last week. I'm excited to see her next week as well as witney on Tuesday in the troupe.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 18th 2014, 8:29 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol