Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it possible for Phillip to win a Grammy next year?
toyall123
post Jan 9th 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Anime: Monster

Just speculation. I'm not sure how the Grammy eligibility process works. I'm under the belief that The World on this Side of the Moon can fulfill the criteria for nomination in the Grammys 2014, but again I'm not sure. Phillip might be nominated for Best New Artist or another category, but again Scotty didn't even get nominated. Scotty is more niche than Phillip though. What do you guys think? unsure.gif Also, some more information regarding Grammy nominations might be helpful flowers.gif

--------------------
"My eyes can see the death of everything. I can cut the lines as long as I understand the death behind it. This means I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."-Shiki Ryougi (Garden of Sinners)
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 9th 2013, 11:44 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

JackieBee24
post Jan 10th 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips

QUOTE(toyall123 @ Jan 10th 2013, 12:44 AM) *

Just speculation. I'm not sure how the Grammy eligibility process works. I'm under the belief that The World on this Side of the Moon can fulfill the criteria for nomination in the Grammys 2014, but again I'm not sure. Phillip might be nominated for Best New Artist or another category, but again Scotty didn't even get nominated. Scotty is more niche than Phillip though. What do you guys think? unsure.gif Also, some more information regarding Grammy nominations might be helpful flowers.gif

He should be eligible for Best New Artist. Given the date his album was released he'd be eligible for that too I believe. But I don't think new artists usually get nominated for album awards. I think given his style music and the success for Home he should grab a nomination for Best New Artist. We can all start crossing our fingers and praying now. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
MonicaJM2001
post Jan 10th 2013, 8:39 PM
Post #3

Phillip and the entire album are all eligible for the 2014 Grammys since it missed the cut off which is usually September the year prior to the Grammys. So everything is eligible. He should have a great chance at Best New Artist and maybe even something for Home or Gone, Gone, Gone if it does well. I am hoping he gets a couple nods but honestly it isn't the end of the world if he doesn't. I am just going to sit back and enjoy his awesome CD and let it all play out. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Jan 15th 2013, 7:37 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

Anything is possible as far the Grammys are concerned. But, its highly unlikely unless he gets another hit equal to Home. UMG isn't all that coordinated in pushing their new artists for a BNA nomination. The fact that Hunter Hayes got the usual country artist BNA nomination over Scotty, doesn't bode well for Phillip getting one next year. As far as Home getting one, perhaps a chance at best song or best rock song, but those are songwriter's awards.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
Niki
post Jan 20th 2013, 3:50 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

Aw I really hope he does get nominated!! and even more so, WIN!

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: KING ALEX! SAM.Jess.Jena.Caleb.Emily. BB16: Nicole.Donny.Hayden.Zach.
TV7: Matt.Taylor.Joe.Mia.Luke.Amanda.Jessie.S29: Natalie.Nadiya.Val.Jaclyn.Kelley.Jeremy.
TAR25:Surfers.Keith&Whitney.Firefighters.Amy&Maya.Shelley&Nici.

+Quote Post
kristie
post Mar 17th 2013, 3:14 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

i wouldn't be surprised if phillip wins a grammy for "home".

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
rustycat
post Mar 22nd 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(kristie @ Mar 17th 2013, 4:14 AM) *

i wouldn't be surprised if phillip wins a grammy for "home".

Home won't be eligible for next years Grammy's. It was released in 2012 and eligible for this years (2013) awards). P2 will probably be in the BNA conversation. Whether or not he gets a nom, who knows. I think that Carrie is the only alum who has ever received a BNA nom (and she won too), but others have been in the conversations as strong possibilities for a nomination (daughtry, adam, scotty a bit). So if P2 gets nominated it will need to be for Gone Gone Gone (or the next single) or for his album or BNA. Pop vocal nominations are much harder to come by now that they have combined male and female categories. So I think P2's best chance for a 2014 nomination is going to come in the BNA category or maaayyybbbeeee pop album category.

--------------------
+Quote Post
rodolfo777
post Dec 5th 2013, 2:59 AM
Post #8

Best New Artist:

I already told you who I think the final five will be. Top runners-up include Ed Sheeran (he was nominated for Song of the Year last year for “The A Team”), HAIM (their sales have yet to match their tremendous press), Emeli Sandé (again, sales haven’t matched the buzz),Kendrick Lamar (the Grammys need rap cred), Of Monsters and Men and Phillip Phillips.

Phillips’ “Home” is the best-selling song by any contestant in American Idol history. But after all this time, only oneIdol contestant (Carrie Underwood) has been nominated in this category. (I’ve always had the sense that the Grammys don’t want to be seen as simply rubber-stamping Idol’s choices.) Since Idol’s TV ratings are trending down, this would be an odd time for the Grammys to change their ways. Is Phillips strong enough to overcome the dynamics that are working against him?

Other possibilities include The Neighborhood, Ariana Grande, A$AP Rocky, Earl Sweatshirt, The Weeknd,Tamar Braxton, Bastille, Dawes, Meek Mill and Icona Pop.”

source: HDD and
http://thatgrapejuice.net/2013/11/hits-dai...rde-katy-perry/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Dec 6th 2013, 5:45 PM
Post #9

Today, Billboard isn't predicting a New Artist nomination for P2 anymore. It ain't over until they unveil the nominations, but I won't hold my breath either. The Idol stigma and the S12 stench this year are probably to blame, like HDD mentioned earlier.

Grammy Predictions 2014

BEST NEW ARTIST

Speaking of Imagine Dragons' breakout year, the "Demons" dudes are likely to represent the rock diehards in the Best New Artist category, which gave artists like Alabama Shakes, the Lumineers and (eventual victor) fun. all nods last year. Expect more Lorde in this category as well, as her debut album, "Pure Heroine," was released just prior to the Grammy deadline. And Macklemore & Ryan Lewis should make it a clean sweep in the four major categories by snagging a spot here. That leaves a pair of rising artists, respectively, from the world of hip-hop and country music: Kendrick Lamar has a great shot at joining his buddies J. Cole and Drake (nominated two and three years ago, respectively) as a Best New Artist nominee, while Kacey Musgraves -- the CMA winner for Best New Artist -- should edge out Florida Georgia Line and represent her genre. But don't underestimate artists like Ariana Grande, HAIM, Capital Cities, Icona Pop and Of Monsters and Men in this category, either.

This post has been edited by Naira: Dec 6th 2013, 5:47 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
rodolfo777
post Dec 6th 2013, 11:12 PM
Post #10

im impressed not because P2 was not nominated, but because imagine dragons didnt.

btw, that lorde girl... i dont like her song, but her performance reminds me a lot to florence + the machine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sowega
post Dec 6th 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #11

From what I saw tonight, Phillip is too good for them anyway... haha.gif w00twave.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Anny-Nanny
post Dec 7th 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #12

Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams

I'm not all nominees know, but it's okay - most of these people no one can remember in a few years. fear.gif But I'm glad we got some interesting performances and interviews.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
rodolfo777
post Dec 7th 2013, 3:24 AM
Post #13

congrats to fantasia and mandisa 4 their nominations.

--------------------
+Quote Post
frederick
post Dec 7th 2013, 4:38 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano

Suprised he didn't but I believe his day for the Grammy's will come. The people they nominated are overrated and suck IMO. Lorde is terrible if you ask me.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Anny-Nanny
post Dec 7th 2013, 5:57 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(rodolfo777 @ Dec 7th 2013, 3:24 AM) *

congrats to fantasia and mandisa 4 their nominations.

Yes, this is a very successful year for the girls! Kelly is nominated too. flowers.gif

QUOTE(frederick @ Dec 7th 2013, 4:38 AM) *

Suprised he didn't but I believe his day for the Grammy's will come. The people they nominated are overrated and suck IMO. Lorde is terrible if you ask me.

Lorde is not a nomination "Best New Artist".

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Dec 7th 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #16

^^^Yeah, it was shocking to me that Imagine Dragons, Fun. and Lorde didn't even get a BNA nod. huh.gif
And among others, One Direction, Avicii, Fun., Mumford & Sons and the Biebs were snubbed too. huh.gif

As for P2, I guess that's the problem when you're with a label like Interscope. You've gotta be the next/a big fish in that pond. Looks like they put all their resources into Lamar for BNA this year.

Idol alums from Idol's glory days did very well tho. huh.gif

This post has been edited by Naira: Dec 7th 2013, 10:44 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sarcas2
post Dec 7th 2013, 6:27 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Naira @ Dec 7th 2013, 10:17 AM) *

^^^Yeah, it was shocking to me that Imagine Dragons, Fun. and Lorde didn't even get a BNA nod. huh.gif
And among others, One Direction, Avicii, Fun., Mumford & Sons and the Biebs were snubbed too. huh.gif

As for P2, I guess that's the problem when you're with a label like Interscope. You've gotta be the next/a big fish in that pond. Looks like they put all their resources into Lamar for BNA this year.

Idol alums from Idol's glory days did very well tho. huh.gif

AND from what I know l about the Grammy nods (and it's very little) that it's actually somewhat of a popularity contest. Which is still odd because JT would have been nominated for a Grammy and he was snubbed too unsure.gif

The Idol stigma is always going to be there. Plus, him being a WGWG MALE winner from Idol definitely doesn't help. It sucks because Home IS the best Idol winner's song. Could it also be that a lot of people got the tune confused for a Mumford And Sons track?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Florencia2
post Dec 8th 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(sarcas2 @ Dec 7th 2013, 6:27 PM) *

AND from what I know l about the Grammy nods (and it's very little) that it's actually somewhat of a popularity contest. Which is still odd because JT would have been nominated for a Grammy and he was snubbed too unsure.gif

The Idol stigma is always going to be there. Plus, him being a WGWG MALE winner from Idol definitely doesn't help. It sucks because Home IS the best Idol winner's song. Could it also be that a lot of people got the tune confused for a Mumford And Sons track?

I used to think the grammys was related to sales. But PP had good numbers (sales and radio-wise), so now I am thinking more along your line.

Anyway, being nominated and winning are important in the business to open some doors, but the truth is I've always been surprised about many grammy winners (in the sense that I don't think they should have won at all or even being nominated) so... *shrug*

I just hope that he has enough stamina to keep doing what he loves despite the fact that his label has withdrawn a lot of its support (what a difference a year makes!). He doesn't have gazillions followers in FB and Twitter like other artists, but judging from the steady feed of daily info (articles, interviews, videos of his concerts) and the slowly increasing number of followers (specially after a concert), there is an interesting base to work with. These people are not coming in response to a marketing, their interest is sparked by what the listen and see...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Anny-Nanny
post Dec 8th 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Florencia2 @ Dec 8th 2013, 10:06 AM) *

I just hope that he has enough stamina to keep doing what he loves despite the fact that his label has withdrawn a lot of its support (what a difference a year makes!). He doesn't have gazillions followers in FB and Twitter like other artists, but judging from the steady feed of daily info (articles, interviews, videos of his concerts) and the slowly increasing number of followers (specially after a concert), there is an interesting base to work with. These people are not coming in response to a marketing, their interest is sparked by what the listen and see...
thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Niki
post Dec 23rd 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #20

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

Hold Up.. is he not nominated? unsure.gif I thought he was.. ermm.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: KING ALEX! SAM.Jess.Jena.Caleb.Emily. BB16: Nicole.Donny.Hayden.Zach.
TV7: Matt.Taylor.Joe.Mia.Luke.Amanda.Jessie.S29: Natalie.Nadiya.Val.Jaclyn.Kelley.Jeremy.
TAR25:Surfers.Keith&Whitney.Firefighters.Amy&Maya.Shelley&Nici.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 24th 2014, 10:29 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol