Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

72 Pages V « < 63 64 65 66 67 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Album news thread! Me, You & The Music, Jessica's 1st album! Release Date April 30, 2013
FahChief
post May 4th 2013, 7:54 AM
Post #1281

Group: Members

Could she possibly release a second single sooner, like how Justin Timberlake released Mirrors straight after Suit and Tie? If Tonight isn't that great of a lead single then if maybe followed up by a stronger song (e.g. Gentleman which had a lot of good reviews, or Crazy Glue or Plastic Roses which is closer to home for those who are used to hearing Jay sing ballads), album sales will somehow pick up? And maybe better do it soon, as in straight after her glee final episode stint or something?

In saying that, the push for radio plays for Tonight has been rather challenging (even with it being a collab with an artist like Ne-Yo, or maybe that factor didn't really help out much?), or maybe just slack promotion on Interscope's part, that introducing a second single sooner won't help out that much with sales. I dunno.

I hope sales will pick up soon original.gif Can't wait til it becomes available in NZ.

This post has been edited by FahChief: May 4th 2013, 7:56 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 4th 2013, 7:54 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Producedbyregg
post May 4th 2013, 9:21 AM
Post #1282

Hello all blujays. As one of the producers credited on this album,I usually research what the people are saying about any releases of mine. I stumbled upon you all. I am so flattered at the love you all are showing for "Plastic Roses"(J.Wilson,R.Smith,S.Smith). Ne-yo is an amazing talent and writer! All in all, please continue to support Jessica Sanchez album and spread the word!!! Thank you all so much! Let Interscope know our demand for Jessica Sanchez!

Regg

Twitter/IG/Vine :producedbyregg

--------------------
+Quote Post
SamDaMan
post May 4th 2013, 9:34 AM
Post #1283

They won't be releasing another single IMO, if album sales don't pick up & Tonight flunks back down the charts they will cancel it all. OR I could be wrong and they just release another single.

QUOTE(Producedbyregg @ May 5th 2013, 12:21 AM) *

Hello all blujays. As one of the producers credited on this album,I usually research what the people are saying about any releases of mine. I stumbled upon you all. I am so flattered at the love you all are showing for "Plastic Roses"(J.Wilson,R.Smith,S.Smith). Ne-yo is an amazing talent and writer! All in all, please continue to support Jessica Sanchez album and spread the word!!! Thank you all so much! Let Interscope know our demand for Jessica Sanchez!
Regg

If this is real Plastic Roses is my favourite off the album smile.gif

--------------------
CANDICE GLOVER FOR AMERICAN IDOL 12
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Cool65
post May 4th 2013, 9:34 AM
Post #1284

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Jessica#TeamJay

QUOTE(Producedbyregg @ May 4th 2013, 3:21 PM) *

Regg

Great that u stumbled upon us & took time to say hi & thanks. heart.gif

Almost universally BluJays love every track on the Album, most of us can't even decide which is our favourite because we love them all.

It's less easy to let Interscope know anything than you might imagine haha.gif tho' they have just followed a few BluJays on twitter.

Hope you'll be working with Jay on her next Album huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Producedbyregg
post May 4th 2013, 9:40 AM
Post #1285

QUOTE(Cool65 @ May 4th 2013, 10:34 AM) *

Great that u stumbled upon us & took time to say hi & thanks. heart.gif

Almost universally BluJays love every track on the Album, most of us can't even decide which is our favourite because we love them all.

It's less easy to let Interscope know anything than you might imagine haha.gif tho' they have just followed a few BluJays on twitter.

Hope you'll be working with Jay on her next Album huggy.gif

I am unsure of the next project, but I would love the opportunity. As for now let's work on supporting this current album! We all want amazing numbers, but more importantly the music is great and it's a diverse album and its music people can relate to and connect with. Lets spread the word!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hi**Sp**
post May 4th 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #1286

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

QUOTE(FahChief @ May 4th 2013, 7:54 AM) *

Could she possibly release a second single sooner, like how Justin Timberlake released Mirrors straight after Suit and Tie?

That won't be bad at all ..

QUOTE(SamDaMan @ May 4th 2013, 9:34 AM) *

They won't be releasing another single IMO, if album sales don't pick up & Tonight flunks back down the charts they will cancel it all. OR I could be wrong and they just release another single.

From what I see, it might pick up after her glee gig with "Me, You & the Music" + the add date
of "Tonight" will be the 7th of May ... will it flunk back down the charts after 3 days or so !?
I hope it doesn't .

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sasafrass452
post May 4th 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #1287

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Tonight will impact radio on the 7th? I thought it was already on the radio? Well, I'll be looking out for it on my local station grin.gif

QUOTE(Hi**Sp** @ May 4th 2013, 11:06 AM) *

That won't be bad at all ..

From what I see, it might pick up after her glee gig with "Me, You & the Music" + the add date
of "Tonight" will be the 7th of May ... will it flunk back down the charts after 3 days or so !?
I hope it doesn't .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jaysangel
post May 4th 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #1288

Don't Come Around would be a great next single. It's relatable. It samples Tom Petty. It's really really catchy

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazuki
post May 4th 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #1289

Stomp, Stomp. I have arrived

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

QUOTE(Jaysangel @ May 4th 2013, 11:29 AM) *

Don't Come Around would be a great next single. It's relatable. It samples Tom Petty. It's really really catchy

Gentlemen or You've Got the Love for 2nd single!

The breakdown to Gentlemen is great

This post has been edited by hazuki: May 4th 2013, 10:56 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
twitter|tumblr|last.fm|Credit: Jack
AI13:Jess Meuse, Jena Asciutto, Malaya Watson, Austin Wolfe, Kristen O Connor, George Lovett
+Quote Post
mercfan3
post May 4th 2013, 4:04 PM
Post #1290

QUOTE(TedZanarukando @ May 3rd 2013, 4:19 PM) *

Lady Gaga started out selling at the low end of the 20k-25k range, but is now going platinum. If "Me You & The Music" went the way of Haley Reinhart's "Listen Up", it is most likely due to a sabotage or a lack of promotion.

That's what I'm afraid of, more lack of promotion.

You would think Interscope learned from Haley...better single..more promotion. (Although Jessica has had more than Haley.)

I think Jessica's safe for a while though, because she's so marketable overseas as well.

--------------------
IPB Image
Great Things Come In Small Packages
+Quote Post
Sasafrass452
post May 5th 2013, 4:19 PM
Post #1291

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Any word on the deluxe album?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hi**Sp**
post May 5th 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #1292

QUOTE(Sasafrass452 @ May 5th 2013, 4:19 PM) *

Not yet, but there will be a deluxe album .. don't worry original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
pinoyblujays
post May 5th 2013, 6:32 PM
Post #1293

I do believe there is a deluxe version remember in allaccess.com says the album will release on May 14 right? maybe that's the release date of it. I think they want to build audience first before releasing it with her single on the radio this Tuesday,

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post May 5th 2013, 6:47 PM
Post #1294

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

review from All Music which is a well respected site. they gave it 3 out of 5 stars and also have May 14th as it's release date. unsure.gif

http://www.allmusic.com/album/me-you-the-music-mw0002512501

Jessica Sanchez
Me, You & the Music

release date
May 14, 2013

review
by Matt Collar

Jessica Sanchez's 2013 major-label debut, Me, You & the Music, creates a showcase for the 2012 American Idol runner-up's big, soulful voice and contemporary pop style. Working with a handful of producers including Toby Gad, J.R. Rotem, the Benassi Bros. and the Underdogs, Sanchez delivers a batch of high-energy, dance-oriented R&B cuts that frame her robust vocals. She unabashedly takes her cues from other modern pop divas, whether she’s channeling the brassy soul of Beyoncé or the bright, nasal shouts of Rihanna. These comparisons shouldn't come as a surprise. During her time on AmIdol it was noted how much she sounded like Rihanna, and the sentiment sticks on this album -- though Sanchez might have a better vocal instrument than her forebear. Sanchez and her producers even go so far as to cover Tom Petty's 1985 hit, "Don't Come Around Here No More" (retitled "Don't Come Around"), shifting its style away from its Beatles psych-pop origins to a very Rihanna-esque midtempo club number, replete with Jamaican-ized dancehall enunciation. Which isn't to say that the track, or the album for that matter, is bad. On the contrary, much of Me, You & the Music is pristinely crafted and undeniably catchy; music that will appeal to fans of the post-Mariah Carey school of pop melisma and R&B. It also doesn't hurt that Sanchez gets a bit of support on the album via big name guest appearances from singers like Ne-Yo and Prince Royce. Ultimately, even if Me, You & the Music isn’t the most original-sounding album, it’s still one of the more efficient platforms for introducing an American Idol contestant to the charts than any we’ve seen before.

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
+Quote Post
kinera
post May 5th 2013, 7:37 PM
Post #1295

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

QUOTE(Sasafrass452 @ May 5th 2013, 11:19 AM) *

Jessica said in her U-stream that the deluxe version would be coming out with some extra tracks including Fairytale.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post May 5th 2013, 8:02 PM
Post #1296

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

QUOTE(kinera @ May 5th 2013, 8:37 PM) *

Jessica said in her U-stream that the deluxe version would be coming out with some extra tracks including Fairytale.

i watched it yesterday and thought i heard something about the deluxe but the sound was not that good at times and missed what she said . good to hear we are still getting it . w00t.gif

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
+Quote Post
Jaysangel
post May 6th 2013, 2:28 AM
Post #1297

QUOTE(jdanton2 @ May 5th 2013, 6:47 PM) *

review from All Music which is a well respected site. they gave it 3 out of 5 stars and also have May 14th as it's release date. unsure.gif

http://www.allmusic.com/album/me-you-the-music-mw0002512501

Jessica Sanchez
Me, You & the Music

release date
May 14, 2013

review
by Matt Collar

Jessica Sanchez's 2013 major-label debut, Me, You & the Music, creates a showcase for the 2012 American Idol runner-up's big, soulful voice and contemporary pop style. Working with a handful of producers including Toby Gad, J.R. Rotem, the Benassi Bros. and the Underdogs, Sanchez delivers a batch of high-energy, dance-oriented R&B cuts that frame her robust vocals. She unabashedly takes her cues from other modern pop divas, whether she’s channeling the brassy soul of Beyoncé or the bright, nasal shouts of Rihanna. These comparisons shouldn't come as a surprise. During her time on AmIdol it was noted how much she sounded like Rihanna, and the sentiment sticks on this album -- though Sanchez might have a better vocal instrument than her forebear. Sanchez and her producers even go so far as to cover Tom Petty's 1985 hit, "Don't Come Around Here No More" (retitled "Don't Come Around"), shifting its style away from its Beatles psych-pop origins to a very Rihanna-esque midtempo club number, replete with Jamaican-ized dancehall enunciation. Which isn't to say that the track, or the album for that matter, is bad. On the contrary, much of Me, You & the Music is pristinely crafted and undeniably catchy; music that will appeal to fans of the post-Mariah Carey school of pop melisma and R&B. It also doesn't hurt that Sanchez gets a bit of support on the album via big name guest appearances from singers like Ne-Yo and Prince Royce. Ultimately, even if Me, You & the Music isn’t the most original-sounding album, it’s still one of the more efficient platforms for introducing an American Idol contestant to the charts than any we’ve seen before.

This confuses me so much. I've been seeing that date for a while now. Maybe that's when will witness some full-on promotional efforts? I hope so

QUOTE(hazuki @ May 4th 2013, 10:53 AM) *

Gentlemen or You've Got the Love for 2nd single!

The breakdown to Gentlemen is great

Can't argue with this. I love Gentlemen too. Gentlemen, Don't Come Around, Crazy Glue are my top three faves

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jaysangel
post May 6th 2013, 2:52 AM
Post #1298

QUOTE(TedZanarukando @ May 3rd 2013, 3:19 PM) *

Lady Gaga started out selling at the low end of the 20k-25k range, but is now going platinum.

which is why I am not losing hope. As long as Jessica remains signed, I think her LG moment would come. Her talent makes her capable of staying long and it will make her a believable superstar. That is the reason why she also has great international appeal

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cool65
post May 6th 2013, 6:00 AM
Post #1299

Fav. Jessica#TeamJay

In general, I really don't like "Deluxe Editions"

I think they're just a way for Record Companies to rip off the fans because they know they will buy 80% of the same music twice to get that extra 20%. which could have been included in the original release anyway.

I also think deluxe editions encourage piracy, with buyers thinking "I'll wait till the deluxe edition comes out to buy it, I'll just pirate the normal Album till then" Most of those people end up buying neither.

BUT in this case, I think it might be helpful if more "Idol Audience" friendly tracks like "Heart" & "FairyTale" are included. plus the highly pirated among BluJays, "More Than Just Friends"

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Cool65
post May 6th 2013, 6:22 AM
Post #1300

Fav. Jessica#TeamJay

w00twave.gif BREAKING NEWS

The physical copy of "Me, You & The Music" available to order now from Odyssey in the Philippines contains 2 extra tracks. "FairyTale" & "Lightning"

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

72 Pages V « < 63 64 65 66 67 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 9:00 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol