Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

11 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who will sell more records, Phillip Phillips or Jessica Sanchez?
gsdfan101
post Jun 17th 2012, 8:18 AM
Post #161

Group: Members

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. CI1: Mikey Bustos
Fav. AI11 Jessica/Phillip/Colton

QUOTE(richnfamous @ Jun 17th 2012, 7:20 PM) *

Jessica will be a legendary vocalist.

And legendary vocalists dont need album sales to be an a-lister and become rich. They earn from other stuff like singing live in Vegas (Celine Dion), being in movies (Whitney Huston, Barbara Streisand), winning academy awards (Jennifer Hudson), being on television (Katherine McPhee), singing hit soundtracks for big movies (Celine Dion, Leona Lewis).

They have other stuff to make them rich. Jessica will be mainstream just because she is in those levels as evident to the fact tht she's the only one being chosen to sing national anthems for mainstream sports because of her mad talent, a rare opportunity for contestants from idol.

i definitely agree with this!!!
not only that..but i think jessica will have more collaboration songs with different artist than phillip..

--------------------
IPB Image
AIS12: Angie Miller, Candice Glover
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 17th 2012, 8:18 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

richnfamous
post Jun 21st 2012, 9:24 PM
Post #162

QUOTE(richnfamous @ Jun 17th 2012, 6:20 AM) *

Jessica will be a legendary vocalist.

And legendary vocalists dont need album sales to be an a-lister and become rich. They earn from other stuff like singing live in Vegas (Celine Dion), being in movies (Whitney Huston, Barbara Streisand), winning academy awards (Jennifer Hudson), being on television (Katherine McPhee), singing hit soundtracks for big movies (Celine Dion, Leona Lewis).

They have other stuff to make them rich. Jessica will be mainstream just because she is in those levels as evident to the fact tht she's the only one being chosen to sing national anthems for mainstream sports because of her mad talent, a rare opportunity for contestants from idol.

and this is further solidified by the fact that she is appearing on the season 4 of Glee.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hamby
post Jun 21st 2012, 9:41 PM
Post #163

Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips

How about they'll both do fine in their respective genres? ohyeah.gif

This post has been edited by hamby: Jun 21st 2012, 9:44 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Congrats Phillip Phillips. My one and only Idol winner. :)
+Quote Post
BJK1990
post Jun 21st 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #164

Fav. AUS Idol: Jessica Mauboy

QUOTE(toyall123 @ May 30th 2012, 11:02 PM) *

Why is this becoming a Jessica vs Hollie debate? noexpression.gif

Because certain people who are fans of only one of these two girls (either one, I'm not blaming it on one side) think that if you love one, you must hate the other venomously.

--------------------
+Quote Post
wgm
post Jun 23rd 2012, 9:56 PM
Post #165

Philip, Colton, Skylar, and Josh will sell more than Jessica will because all was trying to was be on Glee

--------------------
Favorites AI 13: Sam, Caleb, Alex, Jessica, Jena, Kristen

JOHNNY KEYSER LONG LIVE
+Quote Post
lwien
post Jun 23rd 2012, 9:59 PM
Post #166

QUOTE(wgm @ Jun 23rd 2012, 7:56 PM) *

Philip, Colton, Skylar, and Josh will sell more than Jessica will because all was trying to was be on Glee

Huh? blink.gif

So let's see. What you are saying is that the reason that Philip, Colton, Skylar and Josh will sell more records is because all this time, she was trying to be on Glee?
WTF are you talking about?

This post has been edited by lwien: Jun 23rd 2012, 10:14 PM

--------------------
BlueJay #135
+Quote Post
Jaysangel
post Jun 23rd 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #167

QUOTE(wgm @ Jun 23rd 2012, 9:56 PM) *

What?? English please

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chymii
post Jun 24th 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #168

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(hamby @ Jun 21st 2012, 9:41 PM) *

This! huggy.gif I love Jessica but I wish Phillip all the success too. yes.gif

--------------------
ALL HAIL QUEEN JESSICA, THE SHIPPABLE
IPB Image
Credits Jen for the Avatar.http://jsanchezfan.tumblr.com/
+Quote Post
geor86
post Jun 24th 2012, 1:28 AM
Post #169

sad.gif awww.. wgm you always make me sad everytime you make a comment about my baby girl jessica.. sad.gif but dont worry i respect your opinions/comments.. so cheers! original.gif original.gif original.gif

anyway.. i want jessica to do really well in her career and see her on top.. typical fan, right? original.gif but im still praying for every single idol to do really well in their own careers.. there's no harm in wishing everyone the best of luck! (even if you dont like them) Cheers! Hope everyone sell decent number of albums..

This post has been edited by geor86: Jun 24th 2012, 1:36 AM

--------------------
numbersignTEAMFreakinEffinComplicated

Blujay # 196 the lucky number

Work Hard. Stay Humble.
+Quote Post
Hi**Sp**
post Jun 24th 2012, 5:55 AM
Post #170

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

lmao.gif ....

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lwien
post Jun 30th 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #171

In the studio with Harvey Mason Jr. as we speak. She's currently working on her third song for her album which will be released in October.

IPB Image

Who is Harvey Mason Jr. ? Songwriter/Producer 6 time Grammy winner. Check out the following: http://www.harveymasonmedia.com/

Hope to hear some good news from Philip as well.

This post has been edited by lwien: Jun 30th 2012, 11:37 PM

--------------------
BlueJay #135
+Quote Post
Hi**Sp**
post Jul 1st 2012, 2:31 AM
Post #172

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(lwien @ Jun 30th 2012, 11:32 PM) *

In the studio with Harvey Mason Jr. as we speak. She's currently working on her third song for her album which will be released in October.

IPB Image

Who is Harvey Mason Jr. ? Songwriter/Producer 6 time Grammy winner. Check out the following: http://www.harveymasonmedia.com/

Hope to hear some good news from Philip as well.

Awesome ... thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
girlfriend
post Jul 1st 2012, 2:42 AM
Post #173

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. ANGIE MILLER

Alrighty, so I've just read through this whole thread and a lot of it is just fanwars. Its silly to assume thatthis winners single will determine the whole career, but its also and equally if not more, silly to keep insisting that phillip is a flop winner despite all evidence to the contrary. I hope every year that all the idols are successful even if I didn't like them during the show. It seems like some fans want the other to fail just to prove a point and to be all ha I told you so. But I'm not just a jessica fan or a phillip fan I'm also an idol fan and I want the best for all of them so that seems kind of pointless to me. Jessica and phillip in particular are weird to compare because I think their careers are headed on totally different (but both pretty succesful) paths at this point.
Like I could see comparing the country idols last season because they both were country or if it was two divas or two acoustic indie rockers (or whatever the politically correct term for wgwg is these days) but our season 11 top 2 were so different, and succes can be measured different ways. I think phillip would consider himself succesful just playing in intimate venues to a devoted fanbase who love him and give him the chance to do what he loves for the rest of his life, whereas jessica seems to want to go themore beyonce (who by the way, I don't consider and urban artist-just me?) route with bigger venues,hit singles etc

--------------------
******I RESERVE TO DISOWN THIS POST SHOULD I TURN OUT TO BE MASSIVELY WRONG
IPB Image
Thanks so much to jennygearfan for the sig!
+Quote Post
Jaysangel
post Jul 1st 2012, 7:41 AM
Post #174

QUOTE(girlfriend @ Jul 1st 2012, 2:42 AM) *

Alrighty, so I've just read through this whole thread and a lot of it is just fanwars. Its silly to assume thatthis winners single will determine the whole career, but its also and equally if not more, silly to keep insisting that phillip is a flop winner despite all evidence to the contrary. I hope every year that all the idols are successful even if I didn't like them during the show. It seems like some fans want the other to fail just to prove a point and to be all ha I told you so. But I'm not just a jessica fan or a phillip fan I'm also an idol fan and I want the best for all of them so that seems kind of pointless to me. Jessica and phillip in particular are weird to compare because I think their careers are headed on totally different (but both pretty succesful) paths at this point.
Like I could see comparing the country idols last season because they both were country or if it was two divas or two acoustic indie rockers (or whatever the politically correct term for wgwg is these days) but our season 11 top 2 were so different, and succes can be measured different ways. I think phillip would consider himself succesful just playing in intimate venues to a devoted fanbase who love him and give him the chance to do what he loves for the rest of his life, whereas jessica seems to want to go themore beyonce (who by the way, I don't consider and urban artist-just me?) route with bigger venues,hit singles etc

Right. I disagree w/ one part though because if that's what phillip wants he wouldn't even be joining Idol

--------------------
+Quote Post
girlfriend
post Jul 1st 2012, 8:55 AM
Post #175

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. ANGIE MILLER

QUOTE(Jaysangel @ Jul 1st 2012, 8:41 AM) *

Right. I disagree w/ one part though because if that's what phillip wants he wouldn't even be joining Idol

eh. its a good way to jumpstart a career

--------------------
******I RESERVE TO DISOWN THIS POST SHOULD I TURN OUT TO BE MASSIVELY WRONG
IPB Image
Thanks so much to jennygearfan for the sig!
+Quote Post
niyey07
post Jul 1st 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #176

Fav. Phillip Phillips

QUOTE(hamby @ Jun 21st 2012, 9:41 PM) *

Yes, but not just fine. They will be great and successful! w00t.gif I love these two from the very start of AI and so happy that they were the final 2. And I am hoping that in the future they can work with an album together. original.gif

--------------------
Are you looking for an online job?
clickheretoknowhow
+Quote Post
nadodome
post Jul 1st 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #177

It depends how Interscope and Jimmy markets Jessica and Phillip. And how great their singles are off their album and if any are "radio friendly". Phillip seems to be off to a great start. Let's just see if Home takes off. It could help him sell records. I heard Jessica is releasing her album in October. Along with Melanie Amaro from The X Factor. Jessica has the upper hand and will probably sell more than Melanie.

--------------------
+Quote Post
toyall123
post Jul 1st 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #178

Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Anime: Monster

For all we know, they can both flop equally. We are just in the beginning stages of their careers. There needs to be more time.

--------------------
"My eyes can see the death of everything. I can cut the lines as long as I understand the death behind it. This means I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."-Shiki Ryougi (Garden of Sinners)
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hyacinth
post Jul 19th 2012, 1:36 AM
Post #179

Fav. Kurt Nilsen - World Idol

QUOTE(Steven @ May 24th 2012, 12:00 AM) *

I don't think any will sell huge amounts of records, but I still don't see Jessica selling much at all and I never did. And I love her voice, but I just don't see it in her cards. Phillip will outsell her.

Agree thumbsup.gif I think Philip Phillips will sell more than all of them..he just has that X factor...hey... sorcerer.gif and a very interesting voice. Jessica will do well as will some of the others...it all takes time.

Suspect music sales are down these days, which affects the Idols/new talent just starting out....will take longer and they need to hang in and not get discouraged....they will find their niche and the economy will start up again next year....and , well.... innocent.gif hope so anyway.

QUOTE(nadodome @ Jul 1st 2012, 12:53 PM) *

It depends how Interscope and Jimmy markets Jessica and Phillip. And how great their singles are off their album and if any are "radio friendly". Phillip seems to be off to a great start. Let's just see if Home takes off. It could help him sell records. I heard Jessica is releasing her album in October. Along with Melanie Amaro from The X Factor. Jessica has the upper hand and will probably sell more than Melanie.

Definitely Jessica will sell a lot more than the X Factor Melanie - who is kind of old fashioned in her singing style.

--------------------
Excelsior!
+Quote Post
toyall123
post Jul 19th 2012, 7:45 PM
Post #180

Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Anime: Monster

QUOTE(Hyacinth @ Jul 18th 2012, 11:36 PM) *

Agree thumbsup.gif I think Philip Phillips will sell more than all of them..he just has that X factor...hey... sorcerer.gif and a very interesting voice. Jessica will do well as will some of the others...it all takes time.

Suspect music sales are down these days, which affects the Idols/new talent just starting out....will take longer and they need to hang in and not get discouraged....they will find their niche and the economy will start up again next year....and , well.... innocent.gif hope so anyway.
Definitely Jessica will sell a lot more than the X Factor Melanie - who is kind of old fashioned in her singing style.

For all we know, all the Idol contestants of this season might sell as much as Melanie. You are being too optimistic.

--------------------
"My eyes can see the death of everything. I can cut the lines as long as I understand the death behind it. This means I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."-Shiki Ryougi (Garden of Sinners)
IPB Image
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 22nd 2014, 7:15 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol