Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Akon wants to sign Jessica Sanchez
JSanchezCrew
post Apr 28th 2012, 12:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Akon, who recently guest mentored on Idol, says Sanchez is by far his favorite contestant this season. "I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I kind of want her to get voted off so I can sign her," Akon told E! News at the Billboard Latin Music Awards in Miami.

"She's beyond the talent that's supposed to be there," the R&B star gushed. "I think she's overqualified, I really do."

"And she's only 16," Akon continued. "Like, I've been around a lot of superstars. I haven't seen anyone at that age sing like that."

Sanchez was actually almost voted off the show two weeks ago but was saved by the judges, who decided to use their once-per-season save. "[People] naturally assume that she's been voted for because she's so good," Akon said. "So they chose to vote for someone else to kind of even the balance and she's not getting the votes."

source

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 28th 2012, 12:13 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Imhotep
post Apr 28th 2012, 2:20 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

QUOTE(JSanchezCrew @ Apr 28th 2012, 12:13 AM) *

Akon, who recently guest mentored on Idol, says Sanchez is by far his favorite contestant this season. "I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I kind of want her to get voted off so I can sign her," Akon told E! News at the Billboard Latin Music Awards in Miami.

"She's beyond the talent that's supposed to be there," the R&B star gushed. "I think she's overqualified, I really do."

"And she's only 16," Akon continued. "Like, I've been around a lot of superstars. I haven't seen anyone at that age sing like that."

Sanchez was actually almost voted off the show two weeks ago but was saved by the judges, who decided to use their once-per-season save. "[People] naturally assume that she's been voted for because she's so good," Akon said. "So they chose to vote for someone else to kind of even the balance and she's not getting the votes."
source

He's right; in a way she is overqualified for the show. Her biggest problem when the show is over for her will be deciding who to sign with, because she will have multiple offers coming in. Hopefully she gets the right team around her to ensure success.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JSanchezCrew
post Apr 28th 2012, 2:57 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Imhotep @ Apr 28th 2012, 3:20 AM) *

He's right; in a way she is overqualified for the show. Her biggest problem when the show is over for her will be deciding who to sign with, because she will have multiple offers coming in. Hopefully she gets the right team around her to ensure success.

LOL, yeah.. I'm so sure she'll get a lot of offers. People will be doing everything just to get her tongue.gif I hope she chooses wisely.. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Apr 28th 2012, 4:32 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

we should all still vote hard for her since there is nothing wrong with being the best on the show. thumbsup.gif by the way Akon discovered Lady Gaga among others. thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(Imhotep @ Apr 28th 2012, 3:20 AM) *

if she wins she would sign with Jimmy Iovine who has discovered alot of talent himself. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
+Quote Post
everybodyknows
post Apr 28th 2012, 5:03 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

sometimes i just want her to be voted off 3rd place or like just be a runner up in the finale instead of winning fear.gif

because we all know the winner will immediately be signed with jimmy and as much as i love that, for sure the winner will get to sing that (sometimes horrendous) finale song and be the first single released. if jessica wins, she won't have that much control over her album. they have to make it fit the idol winner standards. if she doesn't win and jimmy still wants her, i fear for that too because look at what happened to pia sad.gif but if she signs with a different label/different people, who knows maybe she'll go the way she really wants to go and actually have a say in what kind of music she wants to produce plus there's no pressure on her to sell hard. happy.gif

but thats just me lol. of course despite everything, i still want her to win wub.gif

This post has been edited by everybodyknows: Apr 28th 2012, 5:05 AM

--------------------
JESSICA FRIKEN SANCHEZ GAVE ME A KISS AND SOME LOVIN YO! :D
IPB Image

colton & jessica #teamskinny . heejun's brain & kat #teambrat . erika's avi & cool #avericoolship
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Apr 28th 2012, 7:28 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

Akon has also signed T Pain to his label which is part of Interscope which is the label Jessica might end up signing with whether she wins or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konvict_Muzik

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
+Quote Post
Musicbaby123
post Apr 28th 2012, 8:02 AM
Post #7

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI10: Lauren Alaina

and this is why I don't worry for her. She could leave this week and still be the most successful contestant from her season.

--------------------
+Quote Post
heejoon
post Apr 28th 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #8

She will be the best singer to come out of this competition regardless of the result. However, it's pretty evident that she wants to win since this has been her dream so we should keep the votes coming in to make her happy. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
IluvLaurenA
post Apr 28th 2012, 3:05 PM
Post #9

Jimmy Iovine and interscope get first say on who they will sign, so if jessica doesnt win Jimmy and interscope have the first say if they want to sign her. Unless Jimmy and Akon do like a joint venture are something.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Observer111
post Apr 28th 2012, 6:35 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(heejoon @ Apr 28th 2012, 9:29 AM) *

She will be the best singer to come out of this competition regardless of the result. However, it's pretty evident that she wants to win since this has been her dream so we should keep the votes coming in to make her happy. original.gif

This! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
FahChief
post Apr 29th 2012, 3:51 AM
Post #11

This is the first time Ive actually cared for a contestant to win and to make it big post AI, the first time I voted for a reality tv contestant too...ever. I wouldnt even text vote for some local NZ tv personality dancing for charity's sake. I am just stoked for what the future holds for her and to read news like this makes me so happy for her. She's gonna be huge, even if she doesnt win.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Belle Book
post Apr 29th 2012, 3:48 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle

QUOTE(FahChief @ Apr 29th 2012, 4:51 AM) *

This is the first time Ive actually cared for a contestant to win and to make it big post AI, the first time I voted for a reality tv contestant too...ever. I wouldnt even text vote for some local NZ tv personality dancing for charity's sake. I am just stoked for what the future holds for her and to read news like this makes me so happy for her. She's gonna be huge, even if she doesnt win.

Then I hope you vote for Jessica for the rest of her time on American Idol!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
FahChief
post Apr 29th 2012, 7:33 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Belle Book @ Apr 30th 2012, 8:48 AM) *

Then I hope you vote for Jessica for the rest of her time on American Idol!

You bet I will! grin.gif Game face on angry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
free~spirit
post Apr 30th 2012, 10:51 AM
Post #14

The fact that many industry ppl see Jessica's potential is amazing! Nothing is certain but her future is very exciting to look forward too nevertheless! heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
monsterdog
post Apr 30th 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #15

youtube link >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09p3_9eTPl4...feature=mh_lolz

--------------------
+Quote Post
rinye
post May 1st 2012, 8:38 AM
Post #16

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI7: Brooke White

Lady Gaga's with Kon Live / Interscope right?
Kon Live being the one founded by Akon.

Err, just blabbering on some random stuff.... ph34rwave.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ruby014
post May 1st 2012, 9:12 AM
Post #17

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. XFUS : RestlessRoad: Zach<3

tbh i want her to win AI (so lets keep voting ppl!) because I heard she already lost in AGT ... after years of her hard work in perfecting her skills in music and still be said 'NO again' by the ppl .. i don't know ermm.gif i'll be sad for her.... and i'm not sure of Akon (though he is good in music...) tongue.gif if i were the mother of jessica I'll trust my daughter to Jimmy tongue.gif well just my opinion tongue.gif

--------------------
LnknPrk,Pink,1Rep,QueenB,Shakira,BrunoMars,1D,Lilmix,MKTO
#199JSanchez

It's going down, I'm yelling TIMBER
You better move, you better dance
Let's make a night, you won't remember
'll be the one, you won't forget

VOTE Restless Road All the Way!!!!! TIMBER!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 5:13 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol