Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top 7 Discussion, Theme:this decade
idiosyncra
post Apr 11th 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

QUOTE(ILuvAnthony @ Apr 11th 2012, 10:30 PM) *

I love how completely chill Phillip was about them pitting him and Colton against each other (even when Colton seems to be phil's new bff too). He was like, Coltons a great guy it doesn't bother me at all.

wub.gif

I love his calming personality.

yeah and then when they said Elise out sang him it was like "while thats because she's a better singer than me"

That chill attitue is awesome... but in a competition it allows others to pass him.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 11th 2012, 11:08 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

PurpleSoda
post Apr 11th 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #42

Fav. Show : South Park, Conan

Phillip needs to bring it.

He's got to do more in-your-face kind of performances. I still think he should have gone hip-hop this week. Based on pre-idol vids, he does it so well and it would have been totally unexpected by the general AI audience. He did awesome tonight though. I wanna smack that J Lo beeyotch, honestly. Underwhelming my foot. The thing is, that song wasn't really all that. He did what he could, but he is not TCO and the TPTBs are out to get him. It was easy to find fault with what was in reality an awesome performance because he does so well week after week and the stakes are getting higher.

Phillip needs to go out there and do the unexpected and totally kill it. As much as possible, he should do a time tested song if he could. Something he's done or something he knows he can slay. And flipping a really popular song is a good idea. Heck he should pick one that is identified with a female if he has to and then shove it in the face of AI. He should not only be amazing, he should be undeniable.

It's like boxing. I did sports writing for a while and I remember what a veteran sports analyst told me. When a boxer, no matter how good he is, is up against a hometown favorite, the odds are against him because boxing victory depends on the scorecard of often biased judges. Sure AI is determined by votes, but the judges can influence those votes. Hence, in a boxing situation like that ,the strategy should not be to outscore but to knockout. Go in for the kill. It is dangerous, but there is no other option. Offensive, not defensive.

Everyone knows Phillip is a frontrunner no matter how those 3 monsters at the panel try to downplay it. But he should take more risks. And not risks as in singing unknown songs, but doing something unexpected. He should not only maintain the lead, but increase it. That way, no amount of manipulation can bring him down.

This post has been edited by PurpleSoda: Apr 11th 2012, 11:31 PM

--------------------
I ♥ Mi Dulce Hermanita MARISOL |Taylor, Chris, Jason, David * AI 5, 7 & 11 ♥♥♥
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ILuvAnthony
post Apr 11th 2012, 11:39 PM
Post #43

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

yea I just don't understand why he didn't do what we know he can do.. based off his pre-idol preformances that float around youtube.

Halo, Usher, heck he even sang LOLLIPOP!! Where is that Phillip??

This post has been edited by ILuvAnthony: Apr 11th 2012, 11:40 PM

--------------------
<3 Phillip Phillips winner of AI <3
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
sig-b_fly26 "If people don't like it, it's cool. If they do, it's cool too" - PP
+Quote Post
kresslia
post Apr 11th 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #44

Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. XF10: Luke Friend

QUOTE(ILuvAnthony @ Apr 11th 2012, 11:39 PM) *

yea I just don't understand why he didn't do what we know he can do.. based off his pre-idol preformances that float around youtube.

Halo, Usher, heck he even sang LOLLIPOP!! Where is that Phillip??

I have to wonder if he's thinking that'll turn off the audience, when in reality it would likely be a huge hit e.g. Kris Allen, Heartless. ermm.gif

--------------------
AI13: caleb. alex. sam. jess.
IPB Image
XFUK10: LUKE FRIEND. XFUS3: alex & sierra.
+Quote Post
LoveThoseBoys01
post Apr 11th 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #45

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

Maybe he knows he isn't in danger yet and is keeping the hip-hop song in his pocket?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
PurpleSoda
post Apr 12th 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #46

Fav. Show : South Park, Conan

With the theme restrictions, I'm not sure he'll get another chance to sing hiphop except the finale. Unless of course the theme is hiphop, which would then lessen the element of surprise.

He needs to sing something like his covers of Halo and Lose Yourself/All I Do Is Win for my peace of mind. fear.gif

Phillip, I love you baby, but seriously, bring out the killer instinct. This is a contest.

--------------------
I ♥ Mi Dulce Hermanita MARISOL |Taylor, Chris, Jason, David * AI 5, 7 & 11 ♥♥♥
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LoveThoseBoys01
post Apr 12th 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #47

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

The duet was effing KILLER though. KILLEERRRR!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ehcanadian
post Apr 12th 2012, 8:12 AM
Post #48

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

It ticks me off how Jimmy is trying to divide the Colton/Phillip fans - I guess they don't want to risk the two of them both going far? Sorry, Jimmy, could happen anyway. I laughed when Jimmy told Phillip that he thinks Colton has him beat right now on the screaming girls and Phillip said "well, he's a good looking guy". haha.gif And then Jimmy says "so are you"!!!! Well, you got that right, Jimmy!

I don't think all this matters ... I think Phillip is safe and I'm certain they'd save him if he wasn't. But I agree he needs to do something surprisingly different next week. I'm clearly older than most of you, and that could be why I say this, but I don't think he should do hip hop. There's a lot of [ahem, "seasoned"] folks who HATE hip hop and especially casual viewers who saw it might think "oh, there's a hip hop guy, not voting for that".

Wow, his duet with Elise was AWESOME!

--------------------
+Quote Post
tasha_tamszkie
post Apr 12th 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #49

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

They are trying to throw Phillip under the bus to pave way for Jessica-Joshua finale. *vomits* He was treated unfairly tonight. He did well but the judges gave MEH responses.

I hate them all especially J.Lo that beetch can't even sing live.

Phillip you better bring it next week. We need to go against the TPTB and the three monsters. I will rally behind you. heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ILuvAnthony
post Apr 12th 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #50

QUOTE(idiosyncra @ Apr 12th 2012, 12:08 AM) *

yeah and then when they said Elise out sang him it was like "while thats because she's a better singer than me"
That chill attitue is awesome... but in a competition it allows others to pass him.

I loved when he said that about Elise.. idk something about it was adorable and it showed how incredibly humble he. You can tell he meant it.

he has tweeted a few times about how hes not the best singer in the competition. Which I don't agree with but it shows how much of a good person he is heart.gif

I think america will see that.. its not always a bad thing to be chill, even in a competition I think.

--------------------
sig-b_fly26 "If people don't like it, it's cool. If they do, it's cool too" - PP
+Quote Post
idiosyncra
post Apr 12th 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #51

QUOTE(ILuvAnthony @ Apr 12th 2012, 11:17 AM) *

I loved when he said that about Elise.. idk something about it was adorable and it showed how incredibly humble he. You can tell he meant it.

he has tweeted a few times about how hes not the best singer in the competition. Which I don't agree with but it shows how much of a good person he is heart.gif

I think america will see that.. its not always a bad thing to be chill, even in a competition I think.

no it's not bad to be chill in a competition but this show they are going to use it against him. he took a song and completely rearranged it to suit his style of music which is awesome!

I think the problem is he's not going to get the chance to completely have a moment and do a hiphop song like you guys want because they don't want him to win. I'd love for him to have a quiet acoustic moment singing a slow song.

All that being said... I freaking looooooooved the duet last night...

This post has been edited by idiosyncra: Apr 12th 2012, 12:08 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ILuvAnthony
post Apr 12th 2012, 5:15 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(idiosyncra @ Apr 12th 2012, 1:02 PM) *

no it's not bad to be chill in a competition but this show they are going to use it against him. he took a song and completely rearranged it to suit his style of music which is awesome!
I think the problem is he's not going to get the chance to completely have a moment and do a hiphop song like you guys want because they don't want him to win. I'd love for him to have a quiet acoustic moment singing a slow song.

All that being said... I freaking looooooooved the duet last night...

yea I'd rather have a slow acoustic moment rather than hip hop moment.
Tho I'll gladly take both if I can grin.gif

So ryan said its a shocking result tonight......... I'm scared cold.gif

This post has been edited by ILuvAnthony: Apr 12th 2012, 5:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
idiosyncra
post Apr 12th 2012, 5:53 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(ILuvAnthony @ Apr 12th 2012, 5:15 PM) *

yea I'd rather have a slow acoustic moment rather than hip hop moment.
Tho I'll gladly take both if I can grin.gif
So ryan said its a shocking result tonight......... I'm scared cold.gif

shocking as in Hollie isn't in the bottom three? thats the first thing I thought when I saw that. or that Joshua is. That's my prediction.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ILuvAnthony
post Apr 12th 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #54

OMG HES SAFFEE GUYS!!!

I was so incredibly scared tonight when they told him to go in the group with Hollie, and then Colton joined him.

right after Jimmy hated on both Colton and Phillip and said they'd be in the bottom.

I was so freakin nervous!!!!! But then when ryan said skyler should join them... I was floored roll.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
kresslia
post Apr 12th 2012, 11:27 PM
Post #55

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. XF10: Luke Friend

I screamed out of relief when him and Colton were announced to be safe. roll.gif Stressful night.

I honestly cannot believe the sudden bussing he's receiving from Jimmy. Bottom 3? WTF? That pissed me off. ermm.gif But whatevs, I think tonight demonstrated that the public is doing the opposite of what the judges/producers want lol

--------------------
AI13: caleb. alex. sam. jess.
IPB Image
XFUK10: LUKE FRIEND. XFUS3: alex & sierra.
+Quote Post
ILuvAnthony
post Apr 13th 2012, 12:18 AM
Post #56

QUOTE(kresslia @ Apr 13th 2012, 12:27 AM) *

I screamed out of relief when him and Colton were announced to be safe. roll.gif Stressful night.

I honestly cannot believe the sudden bussing he's receiving from Jimmy. Bottom 3? WTF? That pissed me off. ermm.gif But whatevs, I think tonight demonstrated that the public is doing the opposite of what the judges/producers want lol

Yea its ridiculous. Phillip just a couple weeks ago was a judge favorite, he was up there with Jessica (almost). And now they are throwing him under the bus. I think because they are scared him and Colton can now beat some of the girls they drool over rolleyes.gif

but Yea I love that America is like, heck no Phillip is "best" wub.gif haha.gif

but yea I was soooooooo scared too. He did not deserve to be in the bottom and I'm glad our fanbase pulled through. Great job guys!! grin.gif

This post has been edited by ILuvAnthony: Apr 13th 2012, 12:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
lucilla
post Apr 13th 2012, 8:58 AM
Post #57

Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI5 Elliott

It's great that we pulled through for him this week, but next week is going to be very hard. AI is going to pull out all the stops and for some reason they've put a bulls eye on several contestants they consider a threat to their TCO and unfortunately Phillip happens to be one of them. It's going to start getting very ugly watching them rip to shred certain contestants. Do we even know if next week is a double elimination or not? Because of the whole Jermaine disqualification they might not even do that. But if they do then Phillips going to be in major danger.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ehcanadian
post Apr 13th 2012, 9:58 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(lucilla @ Apr 13th 2012, 9:58 AM) *

It's great that we pulled through for him this week, but next week is going to be very hard. AI is going to pull out all the stops and for some reason they've put a bulls eye on several contestants they consider a threat to their TCO and unfortunately Phillip happens to be one of them. It's going to start getting very ugly watching them rip to shred certain contestants. Do we even know if next week is a double elimination or not? Because of the whole Jermaine disqualification they might not even do that. But if they do then Phillips going to be in major danger.

I'm pretty sure it's not a double elimination. Ryan would have said so for sure, and the weeks work out correctly to the finale for it not to be.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ehcanadian
post Apr 13th 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #59

Interesting how they can further manipulate by showing which tweets to air and now showing certain fan mail. Last night ̀ think Phillip and Hollie were the only ones not singled out ... as if they don`t have any good tweets or fanmail to mention ...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheElement
post Apr 13th 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(ehcanadian @ Apr 13th 2012, 10:03 AM) *

Interesting how they can further manipulate by showing which tweets to air and now showing certain fan mail. Last night ̀ think Phillip and Hollie were the only ones not singled out ... as if they don`t have any good tweets or fanmail to mention ...

and Phillip was barely shown in the opening sequence. I bet that he gets a ton of awesome fanmail but they're trying to put him down so they shy away from making him look good.

--------------------
IPB Image

“Do you have any idea how bad this looks for me, the CEO of the Anti-WGWG Coalition?” ~Tedius Zanarukando, What I Am To You, Chapter 9
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 17th 2014, 7:56 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol