Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

51 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Hunger Games, May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor - 03/23/12
DiFan
post Apr 11th 2012, 2:41 AM
Post #581

Group: Members

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Apr 10th 2012, 12:02 AM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image
I want one. wub.gif

Not bad. cool.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 11th 2012, 2:41 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

post Apr 11th 2012, 8:56 AM
Post #582

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Australian: Michael Johns

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Apr 10th 2012, 10:43 PM) *

God I really want someone who will stand by Katniss, who won't make the "love triangle" any bigger than it has to be, and is vehemently against 3D. I'd love for Kathryn Bigelow to do it, but I mostly want her to do Mockingjay since Kathryn is good with war movies and that's basically what Mockingjay is going to be.

That's a brilliant suggestion. omg.gif

--------------------
REST IN PEACE x MICHAEL JOHNS x 10/20/78 - 08/01/14 / GENIE, YOU'RE FREE x ROBIN WILLIAMS x 07/21/51 - 08/11/14IPB ImageFOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12
+Quote Post
#jeah
post Apr 11th 2012, 9:37 AM
Post #583

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Apr 11th 2012, 1:43 AM) *

WHY COULDN'T THEY ALL LIVE? bye2.gif

Really, Sarah? haha.gif

--------------------
formerly aag1010 | R.I.P. Michael Johns
+Quote Post
post Apr 11th 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #584

Rest In Peace Dad

QUOTE(wild.hope @ Apr 11th 2012, 12:21 AM) *

LOL I do too. I don't like the face though. Is that mean of me to say? giggle.gif

I didn't like the face either. Too Barbie like and less Katniss like. tongue.gif

--------------------
REST IN PEACE x MICHAEL JOHNS x 10/20/78 - 08/01/14 / GENIE, YOU'RE FREE x ROBIN WILLIAMS x 07/21/51 - 08/11/14IPB ImageFOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12
+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Apr 11th 2012, 2:13 PM
Post #585

Bet ya wish you hadn't asked for one now eh? yep
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. Sports Team: Atlanta Braves

QUOTE(wild.hope @ Apr 11th 2012, 3:21 AM) *

Woooord. I mean for the Career's whole lives to ultimately be based upon one thing: train for the games, then volunteer. And if you're not the top of the pack, what happens? That's brutal and insane.
WORD to all of this.

That actually never crossed my mind. Not that Cato isn't a villain but that they aren't in the Quarter Quell because they're "good" people. Which also involves the whole Peeta storyline as well [I think?], and how Katniss will never deserve him. Makes sense, and also somewhat explains Katniss' actions in Mockingjay if you think about it (specifically Coin and the ending). (Btw on my reread of Catching Fire there were SO MANY MOMENTS where I was like HOLY COW GALE YOU SUCK/OMG THIS IS SUCH FORESHADOWING TO THE END IN TERMS OF HER LOVER! I was mind blown. giggle.gif )
HOLLA! heart.gif

Right. It's incredibly heartbreaking to me that their ultimate vision and goal of glory and honor is to win a fight to death with other children. And it goes even further for District 2, where they train for the games, but if they never go to the games, it becomes military training. District 2 was where the majority of peacekeepers came from so it even stays with them. Craziness.

Yeah, I didn't really pick up on it until my reread! But it does explain a lot about Katniss, I think. ALSO LOL YES. I only had a few moments like that in Catching Fire, but I'm able to pinpoint exactly where in Mockingjay that I was just like "lol no" about him. And I mean, I don't hate Gale, but in general his demeanor is not one I strive to keep around myself.

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Apr 11th 2012, 9:56 AM) *

That's a brilliant suggestion. omg.gif

YES. I actually saw someone else suggest it a few days ago but I was like "fdkajsflkdaj MUST HAPPEN!!!!"

QUOTE(aag1010 @ Apr 11th 2012, 10:37 AM) *

Really, Sarah? haha.gif

I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO DIEEEEEEE.

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
[RIP, Gary. The RE misses you. ♥] :May the odds be ever in your favor:
+Quote Post
post Apr 11th 2012, 8:47 PM
Post #586

Rest In Peace Dad

IPB Image
Saoirse Ronan for Annie Cresta? shocked.gif

I never pictured Annie as being gorgeous just plain Jane.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Apr 12th 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #587

Group Icon

Ooh, I could see her being Annie. She's not who I pictured at ALL (we've discussed Krysten Ritter, rite?), but she fits the age bracket a lot better.

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
+Quote Post
wild.hope
post Apr 12th 2012, 12:26 AM
Post #588

Group Icon

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Apr 11th 2012, 9:30 AM) *

I didn't like the face either. Too Barbie like and less Katniss like. tongue.gif

Yeahhh that's definitely it. The eyes are slightly Bratz-doll like and I don't really like that. laughing.gif

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Apr 11th 2012, 12:13 PM) *

Right. It's incredibly heartbreaking to me that their ultimate vision and goal of glory and honor is to win a fight to death with other children. And it goes even further for District 2, where they train for the games, but if they never go to the games, it becomes military training. District 2 was where the majority of peacekeepers came from so it even stays with them. Craziness.

Yeah, I didn't really pick up on it until my reread! But it does explain a lot about Katniss, I think. ALSO LOL YES. I only had a few moments like that in Catching Fire, but I'm able to pinpoint exactly where in Mockingjay that I was just like "lol no" about him. And I mean, I don't hate Gale, but in general his demeanor is not one I strive to keep around myself.

Sooo true. The part that gets to me is how that's what makes sense to them... like that's totally what their lives revolve around, and there's no other aspect to life. It's so crazy to think about, if that were actually real. It's so easy to dismiss the realm of Panem/the Capitol and its rule as just a novel but if you really think about it (which is what I like to do with any book/film that I feel has any merit or social/political truth), it's so disturbing. And considering that the Careers are ultimately baby gladiators, and our society once was partially like that... just craaaazy.

Me neither! I'm like three chapters into Mockingjay and things keep popping up and it just further reiterates that you REALLY need to read THG (mostly Catching Fire and Mockingjay specifically) slowly to actually digest it all. I blazed through them and missed so much. And yeah I totally know what you mean. BTW I finally read the part where it explains what happens at the end of Catching Fire in regards to Peeta/Brutus/Enobaria, so I got that answered. OH and I kind of stalk your tumblr so that's why I brought up Gale, since I read your tags. giggle.gif

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Apr 11th 2012, 6:47 PM) *

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1x837eH...wnoio1_1280.jpg
Saoirse Ronan for Annie Cresta? shocked.gif

I never pictured Annie as being gorgeous just plain Jane.

Are her eyes actually like that? shocked.gif I Googled/IMBDed her but it was so hard to tell. I never really pictured anyone as Annie tbh but she seems like a good fit. I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't really care about like speculating who will play the person. laughing.gif But I will say that on my first read of Catching Fire, I saw Johanna as Kirstie Allie. roll2.gif Upon my reread I pictured her as Ellen Page, but then everyone's saying how awesome Mila Kunis would be, so now I'm so conflicted as to who Johanna would be played by! (And as we all know by now, I love the badass/kinda crazy females, so obvs Johanna is my bbgirl wub.gif giggle.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Kiki*
post Apr 12th 2012, 2:19 AM
Post #589

OMG Saoirse Ronan as Annie would be perfect wub.gif

--------------------

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

JOSH GROBAN

9/18/2011

5/28/2013

+Quote Post
DiFan
post Apr 12th 2012, 2:58 AM
Post #590

I don't know who she is. ermm.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Kiki*
post Apr 12th 2012, 7:43 AM
Post #591

QUOTE(DiFan @ Apr 12th 2012, 9:58 AM) *

Really? She was in movies like Atonement, Lovely Bones and Hanna. She is also going to be in The Host the new movie based on Stephenie Meyer's book.

But she is a great actress, so amazing!

--------------------

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

JOSH GROBAN

9/18/2011

5/28/2013

+Quote Post
post Apr 12th 2012, 9:07 AM
Post #592

Rest In Peace Dad

QUOTE(wild.hope @ Apr 11th 2012, 10:26 PM) *

Are her eyes actually like that? shocked.gif I Googled/IMBDed her but it was so hard to tell. I never really pictured anyone as Annie tbh but she seems like a good fit. I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't really care about like speculating who will play the person. laughing.gif But I will say that on my first read of Catching Fire, I saw Johanna as Kirstie Allie. roll2.gif Upon my reread I pictured her as Ellen Page, but then everyone's saying how awesome Mila Kunis would be, so now I'm so conflicted as to who Johanna would be played by! (And as we all know by now, I love the badass/kinda crazy females, so obvs Johanna is my bbgirl wub.gif giggle.gif )

I really have no idea, but I saw this picture of her:
IPB Image
and was like she would make a good Annie because she has the vacant/aloof look to her and I'm pretty sure she can play mad like Annie in the books. tongue.gif THEEEEEEN I saw she's in The Host with the person I suggested for Finnick and I was like PERFECT. wub.gif
IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Apr 12th 2012, 1:44 PM
Post #593

Group Icon

QUOTE(DiFan @ Apr 12th 2012, 3:58 AM) *

She played the stupid fart face Briony in Atonement, which earned her an Oscar nomination. If you haven't, you should totally see the movie, as it is fantastic (though, warning: it is soul crushing and had me in a fit of depression for two weeks).

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Apr 12th 2012, 3:06 PM
Post #594

QUOTE(aag1010 @ Apr 8th 2012, 7:50 PM) *

Agreed with Madge.

Naw, they didn't do that in the book and I think they spent the right amount of time on the bloodbath...too much would have been an overkill (no pun intended). I don't think it's necessary to know who killed who, just that the careers took over the cornucopia while the "smarter" tributes like Katniss, Peeta, Foxface, Rue, etc fled immediately.

Yeah District 4 girl died the same time as Glimmer, right? It would have been nice but I don't think it was too much of a big deal.

haha.gif I don't think the president would have allowed three victors, lol, but if there were three victors I would have wanted Foxface to be the third too wub.gif

At very least, I wanted to get perhaps a glimpse of the others personalities. IDK haha.gif

I agree there. I guess being such a big fan, it was just weird for death order to be out of place.

I seriously would've liked to see Foxface's opinions on things, or if she and Katniss/Peeta/Anyone could've developed a friendship or something, and exactly how she would've voted as far as the capitol games went. yes.gif

--------------------
Hollywood Contestants Thread
Total Drama: Pahkitew Island: Jasmine, Scarlett, Shawn, Sugar, Amy, Ella, Samey, Topher

Big Brother 16: Amber, Brittany, Christine, Cody, Donny, Hayden, Jocasta, Nicole, Paola
+Quote Post
post Apr 12th 2012, 9:48 PM
Post #595

Rest In Peace Dad

IPB Image
$312,737,907 so far. bounce.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Apr 12th 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #596

Rest In Peace Dad

--------------------
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Apr 13th 2012, 3:13 AM
Post #597

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. live act: Green Day

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Apr 11th 2012, 12:30 PM) *

I feel like no matter what, Mattel always seems to have a hint of Barbie in a themed doll. I don't know if this is just an inability to do anything but Barbie prototypes, or if it's purposeful. I have the same issue with the doll.

--------------------
[Version: SNL 2004] Last.fm Tumblr Tweet treats!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
post Apr 13th 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #598

Rest In Peace Dad

So I'm going a 6th time tomorrow. roll2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
singerboy
post Apr 13th 2012, 1:01 PM
Post #599

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. Show Ever: Buffy!

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Apr 13th 2012, 11:01 AM) *

So I'm going a 6th time tomorrow. roll2.gif

I really want to go see it again this weekend but I'm going to be out of town. I wanted to go see it for the third time last weekend but my sister had already seen it three times herself and as a compromise I agreed to go see Mirror Mirror with her so she would go see Hunger Games with me again. I guess I will have to go next weekend.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
#jeah
post Apr 13th 2012, 9:45 PM
Post #600

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

QUOTE(hayden98 @ Apr 12th 2012, 4:06 PM) *

I seriously would've liked to see Foxface's opinions on things, or if she and Katniss/Peeta/Anyone could've developed a friendship or something, and exactly how she would've voted as far as the capitol games went. yes.gif

I've actually thought about what it would have been like if Katniss and Peeta formed an alliance with Foxface (or anyone else) in the arena...it would have been interesting to say the least (and Peeta's brief alliance with the Careers doesn't count). Although, it wouldn't have been cool if they were the last three left and then Katniss/Peeta would have had to kill her, so maybe not. haha.gif

--------------------
formerly aag1010 | R.I.P. Michael Johns
+Quote Post

51 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Aug 20th 2014, 5:25 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol