Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Washington to become seventh state to permit same sex marriage?
Famousgrl
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:22 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

Susana Martinez, New Mexico Governor, Loses A Hairstylist Over Gay Marriage Stance

IPB Image

WASHINGTON -- The frontiers of the gay marriage debate keep on expanding.

On Tuesday, Governor Susana Martinez (R-N.M.) lost a hairstylist who refused to clip her locks out of disgust with her opposition to marriage equality.

Antonio Darden, who had cut Martinez's hair on three occasions and runs Antonio's Hair Studio in Santa Fe, N.M., re-crafted the notion of civil disobedience when he declined to accept an appointment.

"The governor's aides called not too long ago, wanting another appointment to come in," Darden told a local news station. "Because of her stances and her views on this I told her aides no. They called the next day, asking if I'd changed my mind about taking the governor in and I said no again."

"I think it's just equality, dignity for everyone," Darden added. "I think everybody should be allowed the right to be together. My partner and I have been together for 15 years."

Time will tell if this the first salvo in a larger hairstylist revolt or, simply, an isolated incident. Gov. Martinez's shoulder length bob did not return a request for comment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/s..._n_1293384.html

That's what all gay people should do. They should stop servicing people like that. A radio dj made a great point about how Bachmann stands there and criticizes gays while wearing her designer outfits which were probably made by gay males.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:22 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Stormiya
post Feb 27th 2012, 7:30 PM
Post #22

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. CI1: Audrey de Montigny
Fav. Pop Idol: Will Young

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Feb 27th 2012, 4:22 AM) *

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/s..._n_1293384.html

That's what all gay people should do. They should stop servicing people like that. A radio dj made a great point about how Bachmann stands there and criticizes gays while wearing her designer outfits which were probably made by gay males.

haha.gif I heard about this and I agree!! yes.gif

BTW on that Christie video lol why don't they bring up that Obama is against Constitutional amendments against gay marriage and came out against Prop 8. Because that is not the same view Christie has in general.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 18th 2014, 11:41 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol