Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> Ratings Discussion-The Voice beats American Idol, Merged
druth8x
post Feb 25th 2012, 7:08 AM
Post #81

Group: Members

Oh WOW TV did beat demo by .5 a point and viewers by 100K viewers. (I say that b/c 2/3 of the time was WED b/c 2hrs to 1hr Thur).

So AI did have 1 more hour that week so the Network still likes AI better.

And every week they will still have more screen time but still.

I predict that at some point this season that TV will be ahead w/o doing the math very soon this year.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 25th 2012, 7:08 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

chessguy99
post Feb 25th 2012, 8:08 AM
Post #82

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 25th 2012, 6:08 AM) *

Oh WOW TV did beat demo by .5 a point and viewers by 100K viewers. (I say that b/c 2/3 of
I predict that at some point this season that TV will be ahead w/o doing the math very soon this year.

I doubt it. The audition rounds are dragging now, they went one show to many. And, the battle rounds are going to be a ratings killer. While I understand the battle rounds were one of the best parts of the original Dutch show, they were not well received here. I'm probably watch the first battle round show. If they haven't made significant improvements from last season, I'll stop watching until the live shows.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
ryeo
post Feb 25th 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #83

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. The Voice S2: Juliet Simms

The Latest AI was 15.4 million viewers only, and a 4.4 demo.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ratings-Big-Bang-1043772.aspx

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Feb 25th 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #84

Group: NX Subscribers

If The Voice ratings hold for the battle rounds, then it's bad news for Idol. After the Voice auditions are over, I'll watch the next episode to see how they handle it this year. If it's the same crappy battle rounds as last year, I'm outta here, and not sure I'll bother coming back later when they're over.

If Idol doesn't start picking up next week with the live shows, then Nigel and Co should be really worried. I think XF bears a huge responsibility for Idol's plummeting ratings, because XF was so awful, and the Simon-Paula association reminded people of Idol, but this time in a very bad way. noexpression.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Feb 25th 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #85

QUOTE(Naira @ Feb 25th 2012, 10:52 AM) *

If The Voice ratings hold for the battle rounds, then it's bad news for Idol. After the Voice auditions are over, I'll watch the next episode to see how they handle it this year. If it's the same crappy battle rounds as last year, I'm outta here, and not sure I'll bother coming back later when they're over.

If Idol doesn't start picking up next week with the live shows, then Nigel and Co should be really worried. I think XF bears a huge responsibility for Idol's plummeting ratings, because XF was so awful, and the Simon-Paula association reminded people of Idol, but this time in a very bad way. noexpression.gif

You really are going through reality talent show fatigue original.gif whistling.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Feb 25th 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #86

QUOTE(stooch @ Feb 25th 2012, 11:15 AM) *

You really are going through reality talent show fatigue original.gif whistling.gif

I know. And it saddens me to no end. I miss all the excitement I used to get from those shows. crying.gif sad.gif Still hanging in there though just in case it comes back. happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #87

QUOTE(Naira @ Feb 25th 2012, 11:54 AM) *

I know. And it saddens me to no end. I miss all the excitement I used to get from those shows. crying.gif sad.gif Still hanging in there though just in case it comes back. happy.gif

I'm gonna go back to how I used to enjoy these shows, focus on the talent and performances and not get sucked into the Stan aspect of one contestant. Still have my favourites but not going cuckoo for coco puff's over anybody cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #88

I think AI will also keep bleeding viewers so I def think it's possible.

Yes, I'm suffering hugely from singing talent show fatigue.

If I ever get a job, I probably won't watch full episodes live ever again. I may watch the finale in full but the rest, I will just watch performances on youtube and be very selective what threads I read/post.

--------------------
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Feb 25th 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #89

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

The judges, its the only reason. The best part of the show is the part where the contestants decide on a judge. In particular, anytime Blake turns his chair around. Blake Shelton makes the show.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
Naira
post Feb 25th 2012, 1:08 PM
Post #90

QUOTE(chessguy99 @ Feb 25th 2012, 12:58 PM) *

The judges, its the only reason. The best part of the show is the part where the contestants decide on a judge. In particular, anytime Blake turns his chair around. Blake Shelton makes the show.

yes.gif The Voice judges emphasize how bland and boring Idol's judges are. sleep_1.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 25th 2012, 1:40 PM
Post #91

Judges and freshness and more current.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Feb 25th 2012, 1:43 PM
Post #92

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 25th 2012, 1:40 PM) *

Judges and freshness and more current.

That too. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
thegreathoo
post Feb 25th 2012, 6:12 PM
Post #93

Fav. AI11: Kristine Osorio

It sucks it's only on Mondays.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 26th 2012, 4:25 AM
Post #94

QUOTE(thegreathoo @ Feb 25th 2012, 5:12 PM) *

It sucks it's only on Mondays.

I wonder if in the fall they will go to 2 days a week. They are the 4th network even CW at times beats some of their shows/nights. They would love another hour of new Voice rating.s

--------------------
+Quote Post
thegreathoo
post Feb 26th 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #95

Fav. AI11: Kristine Osorio

I hope they add a day. As it is, I forget all about it by Thursday, as they are competing against Idol, and in the fall they will compete against the XF. It does not help that the Voice is only once a week and others are twice a week.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Feb 26th 2012, 1:05 PM
Post #96

QUOTE(thegreathoo @ Feb 26th 2012, 11:07 AM) *

I hope they add a day. As it is, I forget all about it by Thursday, as they are competing against Idol, and in the fall they will compete against the XF. It does not help that the Voice is only once a week and others are twice a week.

ITA. They'll need two days a week to keep up with the competition all season.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 26th 2012, 2:09 PM
Post #97

And, if they add a day then it will only be 2 weeks of auditions, the battle rounds will go faster and we will get more than 4 performances in the finals. The network will basically double the season this way and NBC really needs shows that can bring in the ratings. I'm sure that's the reason there is 2 seasons a year in the first place.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Feb 26th 2012, 2:09 PM
Post #98

^ judging by NBC's schedule it probably wouldn't be a hard sale fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kanuckurtfan
post Feb 26th 2012, 6:51 PM
Post #99

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox

I've been an American Idol follower from Season 1, but I actually like The Voice better. The whole format is unique and fresh, the judges (mentors, actually) all have cool personalities and are all CURRENTLY active and successful in the music business. Unlike AI, The Voice presents us with outstanding talent from the get-go, none of the never-ending weeks of (mostly boring) auditions, cheezy Hollywood drama, and endless 'filler'. I also like that people are not judged on their looks, and that there are no age limits.

This post has been edited by Kanuckurtfan: Feb 26th 2012, 6:55 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
siliconesaline
post Feb 27th 2012, 6:29 AM
Post #100

QUOTE(jork @ Feb 25th 2012, 2:47 AM) *

The Voice has more current song choices. Also, we hear studio versions of the contestants immediately, so we can tell whether a kid is putting a boyband version of his vocals onto a Drake song or a dude is injecting attempted swag into an Avril Lavigne song. Idol doesn't see to that until the top 13 performances. Also, this show and X Factor have more "swagger" contestants, something Idol can use to get through those dreary ballads, marble grunts and country twangs.

This plus the judges.

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 2:20 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol