Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mr Know It All (Country single?)
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Jan 27th 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

Sounds like some of the vocals are new, so it may be official.

Still no word on whether it's getting a release, but can this be a big country hit? shocked.gif laughing.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 27th 2012, 11:40 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Liat275
post Jan 27th 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Band: RBD

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jan 27th 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

I doubt they'd re-release it as a country single...I mean it's not like country fans haven't heard the pop version anyway. tongue.gif

I love this version, though, and the way Kelly sings this one. heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Jan 27th 2012, 3:50 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 27th 2012, 12:37 PM) *

I doubt they'd re-release it as a country single...I mean it's not like country fans haven't heard the pop version anyway. tongue.gif

I love this version, though, and the way Kelly sings this one. heart.gif

How do you know they have? unsure.gif Country music is the biggest genre of music in the United States. It'll be pretty ignorant to assume it's top 10 peak on the Hot 100, due to Pop radio, means all country music listeners have heard the song. Rerecording a country version of the song and sending it to radio could be pretty beneficial in gaining a few more album sales and adding to MKIA's sales total.

If this were the same version as the original, I'd understand. But it's not. Country music listeners aren't gonna buy a pop song just because they've heard it before. But having the song countrified, should entice them a bit more.

But still, I don't wanna assume this will get a release. I don't even think anyone is really sure where this came from? For all we know, this can be a left over from the rerecorded songs on the iTunes EP. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Jan 27th 2012, 6:17 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

I wish they would've put this on the iTunes EP in place of the MrKIA thats on it.

Kelly Clarkson records country remix of "Mr. Know It All"

While her current single "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" is slaying the iTunes charts, Kelly Clarkson decides to release a rerecorded country remix of her first single "Mr. Know It All." It's not only incredible, but may even be better than the original. Official country add dates haven't been released, but the song was sent to multiple stations today.
http://www.omfgmusic.net/2012/01/kelly-cla...y-remix-of.html

This post has been edited by kclarkson1323: Jan 27th 2012, 6:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
TV6: Christina Grimmie|Tess Boyer|Audra McLaughlin|Bria Kelly|AI13: Jena Irene|Jess Meuse|
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Jan 27th 2012, 6:36 PM
Post #6

I have to admit, I like it better than the original.

But it is distressing to see anything competing for attention with WDKY right now when the next two weeks are critical for a #1 Hot 100 placement. All eyes should be on the prize

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 27th 2012, 9:13 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

I f*cking love this! I just saw it on Tumblr and omg.gif Her vocals are amazing. Love the new soulful, soaring vocals that were added in! I'd assume it's going to go to iTunes if it was sent to some radio stations. I'm SO buying this when it's out. Even better than the original! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Jan 27th 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

I really like it but I don't think it would do well on country radio imo. If she's planning on releasing a single to country, it should be TSWR. Releasing a country version of MKIA makes it seem like they're trying too hard to make Kelly Clarkson the pop star fit in with the country crowd. That's just the way I see it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 27th 2012, 11:40 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(AdamLfan @ Jan 27th 2012, 11:26 PM) *

I really like it but I don't think it would do well on country radio imo. If she's planning on releasing a single to country, it should be TSWR. Releasing a country version of MKIA makes it seem like they're trying too hard to make Kelly Clarkson the pop star fit in with the country crowd. That's just the way I see it.

I don't think it's going to seem that way. If she had never ventured into Country before then I would agree with that. But she's had two duets with established Country singers, plus multiple appearances with other Country artists at concerts and awards shows. She is establishing some Country fans I'm sure and this is just a way to expand her reach in my opinion. She's never released any solo music to Country radio before and like I said in the album thread, I think that this could be them saying this was a good hit on Pop radio, so let's test it here and see if people like it. If they do then I think they might release the Country influenced songs as follow ups and see what happens. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jan 28th 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #10

Yah, although I LOVE this version, why would they release the same song again to country radio? unsure.gif I mean country fans don't live under a rock. laughing.gif I'm sure they've heard the song before..

If they want to release something to country radio, I'd go with the smokestack session version of TSWR. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Jan 28th 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 28th 2012, 10:30 AM) *
I mean country fans don't live under a rock. laughing.gif I'm sure they've heard the song before..

You keep saying that but you're so wrong. noexpression.gif

This is essentially a different/new song, how have they heard it before?

And I don't think you comprehend how different pop is from country. Just because a song is #1 on Pop doesn't mean the country audience heard it. MKIA audience peaked at 67 milllion, compared to the 300 million people living in the USA. Not everyone watches award show performances or morning show performances either.

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Jan 27th 2012, 6:36 PM) *

But it is distressing to see anything competing for attention with WDKY right now when the next two weeks are critical for a #1 Hot 100 placement. All eyes should be on the prize

That's the only thing I'm scared of. I don't care if it doesn't do well on country radio. Hey, at least they tried right?

I just don't want this to start rising on iTunes at the cost of WDKY dropping. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 28th 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 28th 2012, 10:30 AM) *

Yah, although I LOVE this version, why would they release the same song again to country radio? unsure.gif I mean country fans don't live under a rock. laughing.gif I'm sure they've heard the song before..

If they want to release something to country radio, I'd go with the smokestack session version of TSWR. wub.gif

Same reason why Taylor Swift would release Pop versions of her songs to Pop radio. It's cross marketing. The original may not have appealed to Kelly's Country fans but now with the new backing and more interesting vocals it might. I think it's mostly for experimental purposes and I support it 100%. Even if listeners have heard the song before, I'm sure that they didn't pay it much mind and only heard it once or twice if it wasn't playing on their usual station. So this is just an effort to reach that audience more. yes.gif

QUOTE(Clarkson_Is_Life @ Jan 28th 2012, 10:56 AM) *

I just don't want this to start rising on iTunes at the cost of WDKY dropping. thumbdown.gif

Who says it has to be at the cost of WDKY dropping? Artists have had multiple songs on the charts before (heck, Kelly has many times already). "What Doesn't Kill You" is a great song and it's being marketed to the Pop market (imo, probably one of the largest and strongest ones). It hit number 1 with very little promo. I don't think a Country version of her former single is going to drop it. I think there is a lot of potential for "Mr. Know It All" to rise back up the charts (maybe both versions), but I really don't think that there's any reason that people would stop buying WDKY....

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Jan 28th 2012, 11:10 AM
Post #13

I hope not icecream.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Jan 28th 2012, 1:24 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jan 28th 2012, 11:07 AM) *

Same reason why Taylor Swift would release Pop versions of her songs to Pop radio. It's cross marketing. The original may not have appealed to Kelly's Country fans but now with the new backing and more interesting vocals it might. I think it's mostly for experimental purposes and I support it 100%. Even if listeners have heard the song before, I'm sure that they didn't pay it much mind and only heard it once or twice if it wasn't playing on their usual station. So this is just an effort to reach that audience more. yes.gif
Who says it has to be at the cost of WDKY dropping? Artists have had multiple songs on the charts before (heck, Kelly has many times already). "What Doesn't Kill You" is a great song and it's being marketed to the Pop market (imo, probably one of the largest and strongest ones). It hit number 1 with very little promo. I don't think a Country version of her former single is going to drop it. I think there is a lot of potential for "Mr. Know It All" to rise back up the charts (maybe both versions), but I really don't think that there's any reason that people would stop buying WDKY....

I completely agree. yes.gif

Another article about it.

“Mr. Know It All” is not Kelly Clarkson’s best single, or even in the top five. It just isn’t. Even fans should just admit this; half of Stronger is stronger. After all, the charts–i.e. the opinion of the masses–are admitting it; follow-up “What Doesn’t Kill You” has already peaked higher than “Mr. Know It All” ever did. But perhaps you disagree. For the purposes of this argument, let’s assume you disagree in a charitable, open-minded way, and not a way that accuses us of hating Kelly Clarkson. (We are on record as not.) Maybe, you’d argue, there’s a fantastic song lurking beneath the Bruno Martian soiling of the production, that could be set rip-roaring free with better treatment. And perhaps you noticed Clarkson’s country tangent with Jason Aldean, “Don’t You Wanna Stay,” which was more than tangential to country audiences, going to No. 1 on those charts. Right about now, you’d just about have your argument proven correct, and below is why.
crossovers definitely aren’t new, especially the past decade or so, when the genre’s more or less been in a state of continuous crossover to and from pop and soft-rock–both genres that suit Clarkson well. And country remixes aren’t new either, whether lengthy like Shania Twain’s double-CD Up! or touristy like Lady Gaga’s “Country Roads” version of “Born This Way.” (If she releases a country album as the BTW follow-up, we’ll retract that qualifier.)

That said, there’s a lazy way to do these things, copy-and-pasting slide guitar and banjos to fill the spaces where the beats were, and there’s a right way. Kelly Clarkson got it right. The vocals are re-recorded with ad-libs more languid than punchy, the prefab percussion loop is ditched for something looser (check out the extra kick on “you don’t know a thing about me”), the too-tinkly pianos are nowhere to be found, and let’s just come out with it: it no longer sounds anything like “Just the Way You Are.” In fact, this version of “Mr. Know It All” not only a plausible pop-country track, but a rather robust one. Country radio’s certainly not averse to either productions like this or Clarkson; there’s no reason this couldn’t be a hit. It’s got better chances than the original, at least.

http://popdust.com/2012/01/27/kelly-clarks...-country-remix/

--------------------
IPB Image
TV6: Christina Grimmie|Tess Boyer|Audra McLaughlin|Bria Kelly|AI13: Jena Irene|Jess Meuse|
+Quote Post
McPhever224
post Jan 28th 2012, 2:19 PM
Post #15

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. AI2: Carmen Rasmusen
Fav. AI7: Brooke White

This is incredible. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: Kenzie, Jess, Jena, Kristen, Austin Emily, Briana, Sam, Briston Sig:**Ox Idol2.0**
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jan 28th 2012, 7:21 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Clarkson_Is_Life @ Jan 28th 2012, 10:56 AM) *

You keep saying that but you're so wrong. noexpression.gif

This is essentially a different/new song, how have they heard it before?

And I don't think you comprehend how different pop is from country. Just because a song is #1 on Pop doesn't mean the country audience heard it. MKIA audience peaked at 67 milllion, compared to the 300 million people living in the USA. Not everyone watches award show performances or morning show performances either.

It's the same song with a few different notes and a different instrumental. haha.gif I just feel like re-releasing the same song (one that just finished it's run on POP radio) is not going to work. I guess we will see. happy.gif

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jan 28th 2012, 11:07 AM) *

The difference is that Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum release their singles to POP and Country radio at the same time. That way it's a new song for everyone being played on all the different types of radio stations. What Kelly is doing here is completely different. She released her song to POP radio...and then once it's run ended, she decides to release it to country radio. unsure.gif It's odd, because most people don't only listen to POP or only listen to country. Most people that listen to radio have heard this song...with the exception of the hillbillies in the deep woods or something. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jan 28th 2012, 7:57 PM
Post #17

So now, people that have heard the song already are gonna think this is "old news" and I think it will really hurt the country version of this song's success.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Jan 28th 2012, 8:48 PM
Post #18

I've been listening to this song more than the original. I think the one thing that might hurt it is the song seems to have over-saturated the media, it's been #1 for awhile on HOT AC and she just sang it EVERYWHERE for months and months, so it's been a bit over-exposed, even though this is a fantastic new version.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Jan 28th 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #19

To be fair we don't even know if this is being released do we? haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Jan 29th 2012, 12:13 AM
Post #20

No, I think it was said it was sent to some radio stations, whatever that means, and we don't know. It just seems like a lot of work- re-doing vocals, etc., to do nothing with it. But Kelly is not that manipulative and calculating, so it's probably just a gift to fans that she would have done if they had thought of it earlier, but somehow inspiration struck recently and they want people to hear it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 7:00 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol