Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The NGH Report - American Idol 11's Houston Auditions: "I want to show you my iconic moves!", Please comment what you think!
blkeener
post Jan 28th 2012, 2:13 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI3: Jon Peter Lewis
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(nevergoinghome @ Jan 27th 2012, 8:50 AM) *

I think it's hilarious that yall are getting worked up about a pointless "ratings system."

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Once we hit the live rounds I don't even use a numbers ratings system.

NGH

Why so difficult, NGH? tongue.gif

QUOTE(jbsfan101 @ Jan 27th 2012, 6:06 PM) *

Age limit is fine IMO. It's not teen contestants that are ruining the show, it's teen voters.

Heavens, no. It's the older woman who run this show.

This post has been edited by blkeener: Jan 28th 2012, 2:12 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 28th 2012, 2:13 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

hazuki
post Jan 28th 2012, 2:20 AM
Post #22

Stomp, Stomp. I have arrived

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. XFUS3: Ellona Santiago

QUOTE(blkeener @ Jan 28th 2012, 2:13 AM) *

Why so difficult, NGH? tongue.gif
Heavens, no. It's the older woman who run this show.

oh good, u joined IDF...prepare for some good fun reading during the season. just a warning.

(newbornstarr on twitter)

--------------------
IPB Image
twitter|tumblr|last.fm|Credit: Jack
AI13:Jess Meuse, Jena Asciutto, Malaya Watson, Austin Wolfe, Kristen O Connor, George Lovett
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 28th 2012, 7:40 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(jbsfan101 @ Jan 27th 2012, 5:06 PM) *

And Jordin Sparks wouldn't have been eligible either (she's the same age as Baylie) and Blake Lewis might have won Season 6. Meaning a male winner six years in a row, rather than just four. Back to back Taylor/Blake wins would have been pretty damaging for the image of the show.

Age limit is fine IMO. It's not teen contestants that are ruining the show, it's teen voters.

Melinda would have won s6 and Jordin could have auditioned for s8. This way we get

Taylor
Melinda
Cook
Jordin
Lee
Scotty

Much better IMO lolz.

--------------------
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Jan 28th 2012, 8:29 AM
Post #24

Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jan 28th 2012, 6:40 AM) *

Melinda would have won s6 and Jordin could have auditioned for s8. This way we get

Taylor
Melinda
Cook
Jordin
Lee
Scotty

Much better IMO lolz.

No way Jordin wins S8, she's have ended up at best 3rd.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 28th 2012, 9:01 AM
Post #25

^SMH

--------------------
+Quote Post
person128
post Jan 28th 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #26

Fav. AI9: John Park
Fav. Idol Archetype: The Rocker

No way Jordin wins S8, she's have ended up at best 3rd.

I'd have to agree, but she would have been the saving grace of season 9. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Jan 28th 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #27

Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jan 28th 2012, 8:01 AM) *

^SMH

She wasn't beating Kris. He won despite numerous attempts to bus him. I doubt she gets past Adam. She'd easily take down Gokey Top 4, especially if she was paired with Adam (She'd replace Allison who was just 17 at the start of that season). S6 was tailored to produce a Jordin win, they'd have to not cast Kris and Adam to get a Jordin win in S6.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
jbsfan101
post Jan 30th 2012, 2:25 AM
Post #28

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh
Fav. AI11: Skylar Laine

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jan 28th 2012, 7:40 AM) *

Taylor
Melinda
Cook
Jordin
Lee
Scotty

Much better IMO lolz.

You think Jordin would have won over Kris and Adam? I want whatever you're smoking. haha.gif And yeah, she's one of the more successful teens that the show has had...but she's hardly some weird anomaly. There are good teens and bad teens, just like there are good and bad adults. I'm still not seeing evidence of these "bad" young contestants messing things up.

I think that Idol is stronger because of contestants like Jordin, Allison, Scotty, Lauren, Archuleta - not weaker. The last three aren't necessarily my cup of tea, but they're certainly not bad. Is it possible that some contestants, like Hollie Cavanagh and Jaycee Badeaux would be better off auditioning in a few years? Sure. But that decision should be made on an individual basis, not as part of a policy that arbitrarily prohibits talented young people from competing.

The argument that it's a talent thing falls flat for me. Allison and Jordin could sing circles around most of the girls on their season (Allison was hands down the best female singer of AI8, and Jordin was matched/surpassed only by Melinda). Would they be better with a few more years of practice? Sure, but you could say that about anyone, no matter how old. If Jordin had waited, she probably wouldn't have won. Strike while the iron is hot, I say.

The emotional maturity argument falls flat as well. Look up Alaina Alexander's elimination from Season 6. Girl was 24, and she basically had a meltdown. Compare that to Archuleta's "this guy's awesome" reaction to David Cook's win, and you see that age isn't necessarily indicative of one's ability to handle pressure and rejection.

I still don't see a good argument for instituting a policy against young people. If a contestant isn't ready, kick them off and tell them to come back in a few years. It's that simple. Look at Season 6. Jordin was ready, Baylie wasn't. You make the call and move on.

This post has been edited by jbsfan101: Jan 30th 2012, 2:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 30th 2012, 4:19 AM
Post #29

Actually, no, but she at least would have made Top 3. And then b/c I still don't know how Kris beat Adam and I know Jordin had more votes than Melinda who I think had tried to get both to the finale and then get more than Blake who had a strong movement and is a guy when the previous year had a Top 4 with 3 guyts and 1 girl same with the next year. So Jordin's win was almost unexplainable as well. Meaning, she may just win s8 as well.

I get your whole policy vs individual basis argument whole heartily. But, when TPTB refuse to Tell Brett, Thia, Katie, Paris etc to come back. That tells me that they have a hard time saying so and would rather cast a young person for demo's rather than if they are ready or not. And if they struggle that's good tv. The Iron will still be hot in a few years and maybe they could last longer in the music world charts if they were more ready/mature. At the very least they probably don't lose anything by waiting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 30th 2012, 3:55 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jan 30th 2012, 4:19 AM) *

Actually, no, but she at least would have made Top 3. And then b/c I still don't know how Kris beat Adam and I know Jordin had more votes than Melinda who I think had tried to get both to the finale and then get more than Blake who had a strong movement and is a guy when the previous year had a Top 4 with 3 guyts and 1 girl same with the next year. So Jordin's win was almost unexplainable as well. Meaning, she may just win s8 as well.

I get your whole policy vs individual basis argument whole heartily. But, when TPTB refuse to Tell Brett, Thia, Katie, Paris etc to come back. That tells me that they have a hard time saying so and would rather cast a young person for demo's rather than if they are ready or not. And if they struggle that's good tv. The Iron will still be hot in a few years and maybe they could last longer in the music world charts if they were more ready/mature. At the very least they probably don't lose anything by waiting.

How did Kris beat Adam, he got more votes, simple haha.gif and I am very glad for that yes.gif Who knows how someone would have done in another season, it is fun to try and guess but everything would be different so results would probably be different too.

--------------------
Favourite idols: Kris Allen and James Durbin.
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 30th 2012, 4:14 PM
Post #31

Well duh more votes. That wasn't my point though. Lee won b/c Simon sabatoge. Scotty won b/c he jut had to show up. Cook won b/c constant gr8 was not as good as growth arc. Kris won I think b/c he wasn't a too young female rocker for her voice, a dead wife pimper, a flamboyant gay. There I answered my own question.

So yes Cook would have won that season. Even if Kris was still in it. But Def if they didn't cast him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 31st 2012, 6:24 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jan 30th 2012, 4:14 PM) *

Well duh more votes. That wasn't my point though. Lee won b/c Simon sabatoge. Scotty won b/c he jut had to show up. Cook won b/c constant gr8 was not as good as growth arc. Kris won I think b/c he wasn't a too young female rocker for her voice, a dead wife pimper, a flamboyant gay. There I answered my own question.

So yes Cook would have won that season. Even if Kris was still in it. But Def if they didn't cast him.

See it wasn't too hard now was it haha.gif I would also add in there, talented, humble (how many times did we hear that being said) and boy next door! Just the way I like them yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 31st 2012, 8:56 AM
Post #33

He was talented, humble and boy next door and married though I wonder what % forgot that fact, but VFTW' name for him: Who? fit him perfectly. I honestly could never remember him.

This post has been edited by druth8x: Jan 31st 2012, 8:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 31st 2012, 9:05 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jan 31st 2012, 8:56 AM) *

He was talented, humble and boy next door and married though I wonder what % forgot that fact, but VFTW' name for him: Who? fit him perfectly. I honestly could never remember him.

Well for someone who cant remember him you speak about him enough, and post in his thread w00twave.gif Stand for the vision of Love! wub.gif

This post has been edited by JoCeeisme: Jan 31st 2012, 9:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 31st 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #35

I like him post idol and have since looked up some of his performances.

Doesn't change the fact that s8 the season of big personalities that he didn't stick out and was constantly overshadowed and forgotten about.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Feb 1st 2012, 1:09 AM
Post #36

[quote name='druth8x' date='Jan 31st 2012, 10:08 PM' post='24711107']
I like him post idol and have since looked up some of his performances.

Doesn't change the fact that s8 the season of big personalities that he didn't stick out and was constantly overshadowed and forgotten about.

[/quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well he stuck out well enough to win amongst all those BIG personalities. And, with the exception of Lambert how many of those BIG personalities were signed or are still signed to a major label? Seems having a BIG personality didn't do them any good, I don't think Kris Allen has been forgotten.

This post has been edited by JoCeeisme: Feb 1st 2012, 1:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 1st 2012, 1:32 AM
Post #37

Danny and Allison both got signed. Scott and Michael are signed. Small labels but still. I think a few others are signed to small labels. Not sure on Danny's contract. Both have newer songs out there.

Anyways, enough with s8 on a s11 audition specific review thread.

This post has been edited by druth8x: Feb 1st 2012, 1:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Feb 1st 2012, 2:02 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 1st 2012, 1:32 AM) *

Danny and Allison both got signed. Scott and Michael are signed. Small labels but still. I think a few others are signed to small labels. Not sure on Danny's contract. Both have newer songs out there.

Anyways, enough with s8 on a s11 audition specific review thread.

I know a number of contestants where signed but I ment who are still signed. Danny and allison were both dropped were they not as was Michael or at least he left his label! I'm just saying Kris is and was not ever 'forgotten'. Season 11 - can't wait for Hollywood week, my favourite part.

This post has been edited by JoCeeisme: Feb 1st 2012, 2:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 1st 2012, 3:21 AM
Post #39

Not sure about Danny. Alli was mismanaged. No idea about Michael.

Kris I feel people sure they voted for him enough to keep him out of the bottom, I wonder just how high though. In any case, I forgot about him, so it stands to reason I was not completely alone on that aspect. But enough did remember to vote for him so alls good.

HW only 7 days away! TYVM for the schedule change!

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Feb 1st 2012, 4:06 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(druth8x @ Feb 1st 2012, 3:21 AM) *

Not sure about Danny. Alli was mismanaged. No idea about Michael.

Kris I feel people sure they voted for him enough to keep him out of the bottom, I wonder just how high though. In any case, I forgot about him, so it stands to reason I was not completely alone on that aspect. But enough did remember to vote for him so alls good.

HW only 7 days away! TYVM for the schedule change!

Well it doesn't matter one bit how close to the bottom he came, he never was bottom and he won, end of story. If you forgot him you must have a bad memory or you didn't watch season 8 very much. I remember every contestant who made the top 10 from season six reguardless if I hated them, thought they were average, amazing or not worth taking notice of. I couldn't tell you what most of them are doing right now but I havn't forgotten THEM, and considering how much time you spend on these boards I find it hard to imagine you could 'forget' Kris, more like you are still really p*ssed he won and Not Adam or Allison. yes.gif anyway.....season 11, hollywood - can't wait, I like the drama and you get to see a little of the contestants character. I still find it hard to believe that with the oppertunity they have before them some of them are more interested in partying or causing trouble, there are always a few that don't want to put much effort in. Fortunatly most/all of them get elimenated before the voting rounds. Of course some contestants get a bad edit and are shown in a poor light when in fact they really arn't that bad. James was a bit of a victim of the bad edit as anyone who watched Slezaks interview with him would know. That sort of irks me how they do that, it is a bit unfair but then again as I said I like the drama and that is all part of it, as long as it is not too nasty if it is not deserved.

This post has been edited by JoCeeisme: Feb 1st 2012, 4:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 20th 2014, 3:55 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol