Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

18 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> “Dark Side” - Kelly’s 3rd Single from Stronger, It's Official!!
Dianafanz
post Jan 27th 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Jessica Sierra
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Movie: How 2 Train Your Dragon

QUOTE(Treefroggiefreak @ Jan 26th 2012, 10:53 PM) *

Well I'm just discussing the Kelly Clarkson fandom as a whole. Reaction here hasn't been as bad, but this is the Kelly Clarkson forum and the thread is discussing the single and thus the reaction to it EVERYWHERE is completely appropriate. wink.gif

Yes but its unverifiable.

I could say anything is a big debate.....and just say its on another forum. Its completely appropriate and incredibly unproductive and it excludes those on these boards that don't participate on other board. At least provide a link if you want to discuss a controversy occurring on another forum.

For me I see the people talking about attacks on IFY from other external sources as being extremely whiney because I have no context other than these forums....where the attacks have been very tame and appropriate.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 27th 2012, 12:55 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Pocky
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:02 AM
Post #22

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. EVER: Kelly Clarkson

Nice!!! I was really hoping for either "You Love Me" or "Let Me Down" but "I Forgive You" is like the only song on the album with a real positive message. Thematically and lyrically, it's a nice follow-up to WDKY. It's kinda like MLWSWY, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:14 AM
Post #23

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Jan 26th 2012, 7:36 PM) *

Unpopular opinion, I think this will flop. sad.gif I hope I'm wrong though. yes.gif

I don't see anything annoying or obnoxious with what I posted. ermm.gif I never said I was against it being a single, just that I didn't think it would do well with the hope of me being wrong.

I didn't like Walk Away and thought it was a mistake to release, but it ended up being a moderate hit for her and know I can tolerate the song. tongue.gif

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 26th 2012, 9:23 PM) *

Some people on here have no clue what would be a hit or not. wacko.gif

I Forgive You is the definition of a hit...it has all the key components...catchy chorus, great hook and melody and simple lyrics (all things DS lacks btw). flowers.gif

All the Archies thought Zero Gravity was a sure fire hit and we were wrong, people thought S.O.S. (Let The Music Play) by Jordin was going to BLOW up and well they were wrong. tongue.gif

So that comment, a bit uncalled for. Sometimes things just don't work out and there's really no explanation. I Do Not Hook Up was supposed to be a smash after MLWSWY, but it just stalled.

--------------------
IPB Image♥FOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12♥
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:17 AM
Post #24

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Jan 27th 2012, 1:14 AM) *

I don't see anything annoying or obnoxious with what I posted. ermm.gif I never said I was against it being a single, just that I didn't think it would do well with the hope of me being wrong.

I didn't like Walk Away and thought it was a mistake to release, but it ended up being a moderate hit for her and know I can tolerate the song. tongue.gif
All the Archies thought Zero Gravity was a sure fire hit and we were wrong, people thought S.O.S. (Let The Music Play) by Jordin was going to BLOW up and well they were wrong. tongue.gif

So that comment, a bit uncalled for. Sometimes things just don't work out and there's really no explanation. I Do Not Hook Up was supposed to be a smash after MLWSWY, but it just stalled.

Zero Gravity was never released...which kind of explains why it wasn't successful. ermm.gif wacko.gif haha.gif

And I always knew S.O.S. was going to flop...it was a horrible HORRIBLE song. thumbdown.gif

Darkside has NONE of the key elements to a hit song...no catchy chorus, no hook, not very melodic, deep lyrics, melancholy vibe...it's just not a hit. wacko.gif IFY on the other hand...

This post has been edited by katharinekatkat: Jan 27th 2012, 1:19 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:20 AM
Post #25

Rest In Peace Dad

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 26th 2012, 10:17 PM) *

Zero Gravity was never release...which kind of explains why it wasn't successful. ermm.gif wacko.gif haha.gif

And I always knew S.O.S. was going to flop...it was a horrible HORRIBLE song. thumbdown.gif

Darkside has NONE of the key elements to a hit song...no catchy chorus, no hook, not very melodic, deep lyrics, melancholy vibe...it's just not a hit. wacko.gif IFY on the other hand...

You say people are being rude to you or you don't want to be called insane by Dianafanz, but by posting wacko.gif you're basically doing the same to me.

--------------------
IPB Image♥FOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12♥
+Quote Post
Dianafanz
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:21 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 26th 2012, 11:17 PM) *

Zero Gravity was never released...which kind of explains why it wasn't successful. ermm.gif wacko.gif haha.gif

Yes you are a genius who is never wrong and companies should hire you to pick their singles because you ALWAYS know the right answer. rolleyes.gif

I don't even dislike IFY (more i listen to it the more I like it) but your attitude makes me want it to fail blarg.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:35 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(Dianafanz @ Jan 27th 2012, 1:21 AM) *

Yes you are a genius who is never wrong and companies should hire you to pick their singles because you ALWAYS know the right answer. rolleyes.gif

I don't even dislike IFY (more i listen to it the more I like it) but your attitude makes me want it to fail blarg.gif

My attitude? I am posting facts. Zero Gravity was never released and S.O.S. was just a very bad song. unsure.gif Dark Side has none of the key elements that make up a hit. These are all facts. unsure.gif

And I probably don't use the wacko.gif smiley in the same way you think I am...I am using it as a "you are confusing me" type of way...not "you're crazy/insane" way. innocent.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dianafanz
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:39 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 26th 2012, 11:35 PM) *

Dark Side has none of the key elements that make up a hit. These are all facts. unsure.gif

That. Is an opinion. Not fact by any stretch. There is no one formula for a hit.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:41 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(Dianafanz @ Jan 27th 2012, 1:39 AM) *

That. Is an opinion. Not fact by any stretch. There is no one formula for a hit.

Actually, there is a formula to create a hit. Ask any songwriter. There are, however, many exceptions of course. But if you compare IFY to DS, it is clear which one is a formula based hit and which one isn't. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TSwizzle
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:59 AM
Post #30

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus
Fav. SYTYCD7: Kent Boyd

I actually feel that Dark Side is super catchy. It doesn't seem to be a song that would be catchy, but it is always stuck in my head.

--------------------
It's hard not to look I know, I'm amaz-za-zing.
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Jan 27th 2012, 2:06 AM
Post #31

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

Hey at least it's not Einstein being released!!! I'm ok with any song being a single as long as LMD is released. I think that's a huge hit and Kelly slays it live.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Liat275
post Jan 27th 2012, 3:00 AM
Post #32

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Band: RBD

i love all of the songs so i don't care much but i want at least one ballad sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Jan 27th 2012, 7:33 AM
Post #33

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

QUOTE(Dianafanz @ Jan 27th 2012, 12:55 AM) *

Yes but its unverifiable.

I could say anything is a big debate.....and just say its on another forum. Its completely appropriate and incredibly unproductive and it excludes those on these boards that don't participate on other board. At least provide a link if you want to discuss a controversy occurring on another forum.
For me I see the people talking about attacks on IFY from other external sources as being extremely whiney because I have no context other than these forums....where the attacks have been very tame and appropriate.

Now you're being obnoxious. ermm.gif

People discuss the KCE all of the time. Get over yourself.

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
clarksonnumber1
post Jan 27th 2012, 8:06 AM
Post #34

I'm already getting sick of the I Forgive You and I Do Not Hook Up comparisons. Lyrically IDNHU does not appeal to your younger fan base that listens to Top 40 stations, and was likely the primary reason it didn't do so well. On the other hand, I Forgive You is much different lyrically than other songs Kelly has done in a positive way rather than negative. Lyrically they're basically opposites and I'd like to think that make a big difference in their success.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Jan 27th 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #35

IFY and IDNHU are compared because they are both INCREDIBLY generic tracks. Nothing about IFY sticks out. It's just a catchy pop tune that sounds like it's a left over from the AIEW era. Let Me Down, which sounds like a mix of Breakaway and AIEW era, is at least a little updated and sounds like a good mix of rock and dance elements.

Reading people say DS will flop reminds me of the so many people that said Katy Perry's second single "Teenage Dream" wouldn't go #1. It broke spincrease records at the time. haha.gif

This post has been edited by Clarkson_Is_Life: Jan 27th 2012, 10:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jan 27th 2012, 11:14 AM
Post #36

Rest In Peace Dad

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 26th 2012, 10:35 PM) *

And I probably don't use the wacko.gif smiley in the same way you think I am...I am using it as a "you are confusing me" type of way...not "you're crazy/insane" way. innocent.gif

Oh I see. huggy.gif

QUOTE(Clarkson_Is_Life @ Jan 27th 2012, 7:14 AM) *

Reading people say DS will flop reminds me of the so many people that said Katy Perry's second single "Teenage Dream" wouldn't go #1. It broke spincrease records at the time. haha.gif

Well I always knew Teenage Dream would be a hit, but I'm pretty sure if blew up after Glee covered it. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Jan 27th 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(1234567890 @ Jan 27th 2012, 11:14 AM) *

Well I always knew Teenage Dream would be a hit, but I'm pretty sure if blew up after Glee covered it. yes.gif

Maybe on iTunes, but I distinctly remember it's radio updates week after week being HUGE even before Glee. It broke the 2k bullet mark which, at the time, has only been done a few times.

Besides since the albums release, Dark Side has been above IFY on just about every countries iTunes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jan 27th 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #38

Why are people sure that DS would become a hit? When has a song like that ever become a hit? unsure.gif I need an explanation. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:01 PM
Post #39

Rest In Peace Dad

What do people think of You Love Me as a single? unsure.gif I think it would do well. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dianafanz
post Jan 27th 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jan 27th 2012, 10:32 AM) *

Why are people sure that DS would become a hit? When has a song like that ever become a hit? unsure.gif I need an explanation. haha.gif

Because we think its a better song? Its sales have consistently been better? It sounds way better live (more of a vocal song....less produced). I know you think everything in music is quantifiable and you can say X is a better single than Y....but most people disagree that its that easy. As I have said before....if it was that easy to tell what would be a hit on radio.....every song would be a hit. Tons of songs that fit your definition of what makes a great single flop and a ton that don't do become hits.

Not to beat the dead horse but Adele is a good example of this. I heard a lot of references to Adele so i purchased her Album early before RITD took off.....and listening to it I was like "THIS IS AMAZING fear2.gif " but at the same time I couldn't see a single song on the album fitting the tropes of what is normally successful on the Radio in the US......look how that turned out.

I think releasing good songs is the most important thing and I think DS is a better song. Simple as that. I don't need some magical formula to exp,lain my choice.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

18 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 1:35 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol