Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

156 Pages V « < 79 80 81 82 83 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> X Factor USA Season 2 Spoilers/Rumors/Info Discussion, ►World’s only $5 Million Audition is Back
crash2007
post Sep 30th 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #1601

Group: Members

QUOTE(jork @ Sep 30th 2012, 1:41 PM) *

^^^
Completely true, but at least that could make XF more relevant to what's current than what Idol was. Idol has a bad habit of really dumbing down their aspiring pop contestants by pigeonholing them into '70s-'80s diva songs, and Jessica Sanchez was not immune to that despite having current youtubes pre-Idol. It's part of the reason Interscope can't score a non-country hit (PP's just lucky with the Olympic exposure).

Totally agree regarding the 70s-80s (and 90s) diva songs. Idol absolutely needs to update their song list and at least make token efforts to be more relevant than they traditionally have been. Ironically, I think the Voice has a greater variety of contestants and song choices than Idol does, and XFUS does a better job of choosing contestants who are relevant to the contemporary music scene, but both shows get enough wrong that, at least to me, Idol still ends up being the best of the three.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 30th 2012, 12:47 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jork
post Sep 30th 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #1602

The Voice's problem in the first two seasons is that while their song choices were very current compared to Idol especially, they were also casting older contestants. I did an article on that in my blog. Not to mention they weren't heavily invested in, the old age made them more unmarketable. Compared to Idol which was old songs, and progressively younger contestants, but even with investment the success rate in recent years is lacking due to the old songs. X Factor should look to combine the two--newer songs, younger contestants, more relevant genres--and it looks like they will. X Factor also does invest in its contestants based on the XFUS1 results, so we'll see what becomes of this.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ColinCarney
post Sep 30th 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #1603

Wasn't Dinah featured in like EVERY single trailer though? I'm very interested to see how this girl group will play out. I hope Simon tries to keep them relevant and doesn't do to them what he did with Belle Amie.

This post has been edited by ColinCarney: Sep 30th 2012, 12:56 PM

--------------------
hello. :)
+Quote Post
fclb
post Sep 30th 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #1604

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Judge: Steven Tyler

I'd like to see Lyric Da Queen in the top 17 but I wouldn't want her in and Willie out and I find it really hard to believe...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
IluvLaurenA
post Sep 30th 2012, 1:03 PM
Post #1605

QUOTE(ColinCarney @ Sep 30th 2012, 12:56 PM) *

Wasn't Dinah featured in like EVERY single trailer though? I'm very interested to see how this girl group will play out. I hope Simon tries to keep them relevant and doesn't do to them what he did with Belle Amie.

I think she was featured in alot of trailers, but as far as their actual auditions, I think both Lauren and Dinah kind of got the same treatment. It will definitely be interesting how Simon handles them. I think if he realizes he has something good on his hands he will go all out to get them far.

--------------------
+Quote Post
fclb
post Sep 30th 2012, 1:21 PM
Post #1606

Fav. Judge: Steven Tyler

Im rooting for tate stevens now lol he favourited one tweet I did last week and Im brazilian so it was in portuguese, I don't even know how he found me

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mommyof2
post Sep 30th 2012, 1:29 PM
Post #1607

QUOTE(jork @ Sep 30th 2012, 12:19 AM) *

Wow. She's wrong on quite a few levels. That's why it's best to quote from me, as these things are always changing. She's clearly basing her information on spoiler sites rather than "sources", based on her descriptions.

I do think there could be a 17, but I don't think Reed Deming is the 17th. The hell?

And as for the 12-17s, they're decent...if you like big-voiced divas. Diamond White might be underrated especially if they make her go the Misha B path, and Carly will get votes regardless, but aside from that it's quite barren. The overs are strong because of the pimpage level, but the groups have a slight chance as well.

I will agree that the list is not accurate..

--------------------
+Quote Post
bigjr6633
post Sep 30th 2012, 1:58 PM
Post #1608

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

QUOTE(fclb @ Sep 30th 2012, 1:58 PM) *

I'd like to see Lyric Da Queen in the top 17 but I wouldn't want her in and Willie out and I find it really hard to believe...

I agree I'd like to see her in the top 17 also but not at the expense of Willie.

I also love how ppl are freaking out at the list on MJsBigBlog.

--------------------
+Quote Post
nadodome
post Sep 30th 2012, 1:58 PM
Post #1609

The official list doesn't look really heavy on talent. The 17-24 catergory is kinda weak. Only Jennel maybe. But wow. It does look like they are pulling for a group to win since a lot of the good solo auditioners are put together in a group. But would they work as a group?

This post has been edited by nadodome: Sep 30th 2012, 1:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sasafrass452
post Sep 30th 2012, 3:25 PM
Post #1610

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Do you have a link for that list? I don't see it posted here. I see posts mentioning Mjs blog, & I went there but couldn't find anything.

QUOTE(nadodome @ Sep 30th 2012, 2:58 PM) *
The official list doesn't look really heavy on talent. The 17-24 catergory is kinda weak. Only Jennel maybe. But wow. It does look like they are pulling for a group to win since a lot of the good solo auditioners are put together in a group. But would they work as a group?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ColinCarney
post Sep 30th 2012, 3:41 PM
Post #1611

I feel something is just missing this year. I really don't know what it is.

--------------------
hello. :)
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Sep 30th 2012, 3:51 PM
Post #1612

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

QUOTE(ColinCarney @ Sep 30th 2012, 3:41 PM) *

I feel something is just missing this year. I really don't know what it is.

A memorable audition. I can still remember the auditions of Chris Rene and Melanie Amaro from last season. I can't say I can remember any from this season.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
JordanSeltzer
post Sep 30th 2012, 5:15 PM
Post #1613

I agree there was something missing with auditions. Felt like the same thing over and over again. Where was a Chris Rene or even the heart of a Stacy Francis audition. It seemed more like a Disney audition vs a telnet show.

Still love the show.

But at 33, I sort of connected with last years talent more.

--------------------
+Quote Post
IluvLaurenA
post Sep 30th 2012, 6:28 PM
Post #1614

QUOTE(chessguy99 @ Sep 30th 2012, 3:51 PM) *

A memorable audition. I can still remember the auditions of Chris Rene and Melanie Amaro from last season. I can't say I can remember any from this season.

Maybe its just me but I don't see what was so memorable about anyone of those Auditions, Chris I will admit that was the only performance I liked from him, was I wowed though not really, Melanie does have a good voice, but I've heard that song sang better. I think the way the auditions were shown this year were just weird, like we didnt see a whole lot of the auditions from people who made it to bootcamp.

--------------------
+Quote Post
crash2007
post Sep 30th 2012, 6:40 PM
Post #1615

QUOTE(IluvLaurenA @ Sep 30th 2012, 7:28 PM) *

Maybe its just me but I don't see what was so memorable about anyone of those Auditions, Chris I will admit that was the only performance I liked from him, was I wowed though not really, Melanie does have a good voice, but I've heard that song sang better. I think the way the auditions were shown this year were just weird, like we didnt see a whole lot of the auditions from people who made it to bootcamp.

Yeah, I have to admit that I wasn't impressed by Melanie Amaro's audition. It was so forgettable to me that I was utterly and thoroughly convinced she'd auditioned with "Fallin'" until someone said in some thread here that her audition song was "Listen." Watching it back, it was a serviceable audition, and I suppose I can see why those who love it do love it, but for me it was actually one of the least memorable auditions from last season. I guess Chris Rene and Astro were the most memorable auditions for me, mostly because at the time hip hop contestants were so unconventional for these shows.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jork
post Sep 30th 2012, 6:48 PM
Post #1616

Melanie's audition was good, but we've heard it all before in these shows. "Listen" is a good song but it wasn't exactly a top 40 hit, and it was really one of Beyonce's more churchy songs. And spoilers and that song choice just cemented the idea that Melanie was a church singer from the get go. Not what I think Simon and LA wants her to be--a pop "star". Again, the gospel singers and WGWGs find their niche in Idol, and you can tell Simon's deviating from that this year by casting a bunch of generic pop belters, hip hoppers, and rappers with charisma. But by doing that there's fewer moments.

--------------------
+Quote Post
NYChica
post Sep 30th 2012, 7:32 PM
Post #1617

QUOTE(jork @ Sep 30th 2012, 7:48 PM) *

Melanie's audition was good, but we've heard it all before in these shows. "Listen" is a good song but it wasn't exactly a top 40 hit, and it was really one of Beyonce's more churchy songs. And spoilers and that song choice just cemented the idea that Melanie was a church singer from the get go. Not what I think Simon and LA wants her to be--a pop "star". Again, the gospel singers and WGWGs find their niche in Idol, and you can tell Simon's deviating from that this year by casting a bunch of generic pop belters, hip hoppers, and rappers with charisma. But by doing that there's fewer moments.

Evwn with the WGWG niche, the only one who truly filled the steretype last year was Josh...Chris definitely wasn't the token WGWG that Idol uses. If you all know who Sublime ans Sugar Ray are, then that's more the kind of artist he is. As for the auditioners, the only one I really enjoyed this year was Jillian, who didn't even make live shows. Call me weird, but I'd rather hear someone like her, who actually makes me feel something when she sings, over most of what is currently on the top 40 charts

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
Credit goes to jstxanothrxstory
+Quote Post
Matt.
post Sep 30th 2012, 8:09 PM
Post #1618

Only The World

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. TV3: Lelia Broussard

I just read they put Dinah in a group? If this is true I think it's a mistake. She is a star and should be singing solo.

--------------------

thevoice: lelia, lisa, cassadee, loren, amanda, paulina, kelly
amazingrace: natalie&nadiya, trey&lexi, amy&daniel
projectrunway: althea, uli, anthony ryan, ivy
survivor: rc, lisa, malcolm, denise, skupin
xfus: fifth harmony, lyric145, carly, cece
xfuk: ella, james, lucy, kye, carolynne
antm: leila, victoria, laura
xfau: samantha, bella
+Quote Post
violetvelvet
post Sep 30th 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #1619

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. XF 2: Fifth Harmony

Yeah I was a little disappointed to see my favorites from the auditions grouped.
But at least they'll be moving on I guess..?

--------------------
IPB Image
There's neurotic freaky sh!t running in my mind that I can't say, but I know I can demonstrate.
+Quote Post
jork
post Sep 30th 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #1620

They're grouped to make the groups stronger. That's all there is to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

156 Pages V « < 79 80 81 82 83 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 22nd 2014, 10:26 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol