Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

156 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> X Factor USA Season 2 Spoilers/Rumors/Info Discussion, ►World’s only $5 Million Audition is Back
istersay
post Dec 23rd 2011, 6:22 PM
Post #1

Search and Destroy
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

IPB Image

IPB Image
Wednesday, Sept. 12
8:00-10:00 PM THE X FACTOR (Season Premiere, Part One)

Thursday, Sept. 13
8:00-9:00 PM THE X FACTOR (Season Premiere, Part Two)

http://www.thexfactorusa.com/

IPB Image
Twitters

The X Factor USA X
Simon Cowell IPB Image
L.A. Reid IPB Image
Britney Spears IPB Image
Demi Lovato IPB Image
Courtney Pants kiss.gif
Jim Cantiello IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://www.applausestore.com/usa/xfactor-usa.php

IPB Image
IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
akubz
post Jan 4th 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. The X Factor >

Thought it would be a good idea to make a section dedicated to news for Season 2 as we find out.

Simon made it clear that changes would begin to be made after the New Year, so here starts the thread for that information to be added onto.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kristie
post Jan 5th 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #3

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

i just hope steve stays as the host, nicole doesn't come back, and someone else gets hired in her place.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 5th 2012, 12:53 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

The number one change that has to happen is there needs to be a separation between Judging and Mentoring. As the judges acting as both Judges and Mentors is a basic premiss of XF, I don't see that changing, unfortunately. One possible change that might help is all the judges write down their choice for elimination or saves , before Steve goes to them. So their decisions are fixed and cannot be changed because of how the voting is going .....getting rid of that end of show drama fakery and Nicole blubbering in indecision... bloated.gif

I like Steve alot more at season's end than the beginning. He reminds me of the John Cleese character, Basil Fawlty, as he disintergrates into insanity as the pressures around him build up. haha.gif Give the guy another season, I say.

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 5th 2012, 12:57 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
istersay
post Jan 5th 2012, 1:28 AM
Post #5

Search and Destroy
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(kristie @ Jan 4th 2012, 9:44 PM) *
i just hope steve stays as the host, nicole doesn't come back, and someone else gets hired in her place.

I agree with that, Steve was just starting to grow into the job I think, and he's funny when he doesn't have producers yelling at him. I think they can get someone better than Nicole, not so emotional, Paula cries enough for all of them stuart.gif

I hope some people come back that were axed early on and had potential. innocent.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 5th 2012, 7:35 AM
Post #6

I agree Tusk I never thought judges should be mentors but esp when it comes to voting why do we need to hear from them. Judges are supposed to be unbiased but when they become mentors they become biased so they have vested interested in highlighting their acts and being overcritical of the others.

So, do it like the dancing show that I saw on the stream before UKXF. All their scores were already submitted before hand. Then they would all comment and one by one the scores revealed after they were done.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kristie
post Jan 5th 2012, 1:35 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

QUOTE(istersay @ Jan 5th 2012, 2:28 AM) *

I agree with that, Steve was just starting to grow into the job I think, and he's funny when he doesn't have producers yelling at him. I think they can get someone better than Nicole, not so emotional, Paula cries enough for all of them stuart.gif

I hope some people come back that were axed early on and had potential. innocent.gif

same here.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
akubz
post Jan 7th 2012, 2:27 PM
Post #8

Fav. The X Factor >

QUOTE(kristie @ Jan 5th 2012, 12:44 AM) *

^

--------------------
+Quote Post
DrewRenee
post Jan 7th 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #9

I hope Steve stays as a host, though unlikely. He's a bumbling idiot and seems so out of place, which ironically adds what the show doesn't have enough of, comedy. He says some of the oddest things and his face expression is priceless. What I didn't like about Ryan Seacrest was that he seems to tried TOO HARD to be funny which falls flat when it fails to evoke laughter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdrocks84
post Jan 7th 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #10

I'd like to see Jazzlyn Little and Tora Woloshin come back again. Those were the only two girls I actually liked out of all the auditions I saw. I don't like Steve as a host. I think they should just do away with the judges having a vote to send people home. All that does is make people really, really angry. Let the studio audience decide who stays. Set it up just like they did for America's Funniest Home Videos. Let the audience vote who to save.

--------------------
America got it WRONG!
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 7th 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(jdrocks84 @ Jan 7th 2012, 9:57 PM) *

I'd like to see Jazzlyn Little and Tora Woloshin come back again. Those were the only two girls I actually liked out of all the auditions I saw. I don't like Steve as a host. I think they should just do away with the judges having a vote to send people home. All that does is make people really, really angry. Let the studio audience decide who stays. Set it up just like they did for America's Funniest Home Videos. Let the audience vote who to save.

Yeah Jazzy and Tora wub.gif

Then it would loose most of what legally makes it different so they have to keep that.

Nah the studio audience mostly comes from LA and does not represent America.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdrocks84
post Jan 7th 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jan 7th 2012, 11:03 PM) *

Yeah Jazzy and Tora wub.gif

Then it would loose most of what legally makes it different so they have to keep that.

Nah the studio audience mostly comes from LA and does not represent America.

They may be mostly from LA, but their reactions to the sing off decisions were pretty consistent with what the rest of America thought...and it would be a heck of a lot better than judge manipulation.

--------------------
America got it WRONG!
+Quote Post
bradwalk
post Jan 8th 2012, 3:22 PM
Post #13

The judges need new writers. Their scripted comments often made no sense and their critisism of someone from another group often were baseless. LA and Simon were predictable and tiresome.

If they fire Steve I'm not watching. He was the only thing on the show worth watching.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 8th 2012, 3:30 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(bradwalk @ Jan 8th 2012, 2:22 PM) *

The judges need new writers. Their scripted comments often made no sense and their critisism of someone from another group often were baseless. LA and Simon were predictable and tiresome.

If they fire Steve I'm not watching. He was the only thing on the show worth watching.

Yep, I agree the writers even if they pretend they don't exist, need to be better.

--------------------
+Quote Post
akubz
post Jan 8th 2012, 4:14 PM
Post #15

Fav. The X Factor >

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/08/fox-house-terra-nova/ :

On X Factor, there have been rumors Fox might dump a couple team members for season two (specifically, host Steve Jones and judge Nicole Scherzinger). Reilly confirmed there will be changes, but didn’t say what would be changed. “There will be some changes … as we know [hosting] is a much harder job than meets the eye. I think everybody has come to see the value of Ryan Seacrest. Whether Steve is the guy or not, it comes under the heading of growth in general.”

Looks like Steve is in some trouble, but where are the comments about judging being hard? *cough Nicole*

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:26 PM
Post #16

I could swear I read that same quote a month ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cool65
post Jan 8th 2012, 6:03 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Jessica#TeamJay

I can see obvious reasons for dumping Steve, tho' there are also good reasons for keeping him as his interviews on Ellen and on the Pepsi preshow attest.

but if they replace Steve and the new host is a failure it will be at best embarassing to have to change again for season 3.
So I think they might keep Steve and have a co-host, almost certainly and hopefully female, along the lines they were intending to go in the first season.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 8th 2012, 7:05 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

I think a change that would be good for season 2, and would help differentiate XFUS from Idol is that Contestants should be able to use their own music if they want. The precendence has been set and should be applied to all contestants equally.

It's a big gamble, but it would separate them from the field if they are successful, if they fail, well, it's a long shot anyway.

Last year was an uneven playing field when only one person was allowed while others had to struggle through bad Judge's song choice. Astro sort of too with his lyrics, but Astro was last seaon's anomaly, and mostly because he was 'potentially' groundbreaking making it as far as he did in that genre, on these kind of shows, and at such a young age.

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 8th 2012, 7:10 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 8th 2012, 7:07 PM
Post #19

Chris and Astro did their own written material but yeah let LeRoy and Josh use their own as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
michr544125
post Jan 8th 2012, 8:43 PM
Post #20

They need to revamp the entire show. Obviously people weren't interested in tuning in for several reasons.

1.) Host has to go. Bring in somebody well known and somebody that has a personality.
2.) Nicole has to go
3.) Change the format. I get that it's not supposed to be a mindless talent show. But they need to lighten up the show. Joke around. Don't make it so gloomy.
4.) Don't eliminate two people at at time especially late in the game. If they want to do that, do it early on.

--------------------
+Quote Post

156 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Aug 22nd 2014, 12:41 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol