Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arizona Governor Sticks Finger in Obama's Face
Famousgrl
post Jan 25th 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

Obama Has Heated Exchange With Governor

IPB Image

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer traded words with President Obama after she greeted him at a Phoenix airport Wednesday.

Brewer and Obama "spoke intensely for a few minutes" after he landed at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, according to a White House pool report. At one point, the GOP governor shook her finger at the president.

"He was a little disturbed about my book," Brewer told a reporter after the incident, referring to her political memoir, "Scorpions for Breakfast." In the book, Brewer depicted Obama as "patronizing" during an earlier meeting.

"I said to him that I have all the respect in the world for the office of the president," Brewer said. "The book is what the book is. I asked him if he read the book. He said he read the excerpt. So."

Brewer said Obama told her "that he didn't feel I had treated him cordially."

"I said I was sorry he felt that way but I didn't get my sentence finished," Brewer said. "Anyway, we're glad he's here. I'll regroup."

The last time Obama met with Brewer was June 2010, when the Arizona governor visited the Oval Office for a private, 30-minute encounter the White House called a "good meeting." At the time, Brewer said the meeting was "very cordial," but in her book she said Obama had been "condescending."

During Wednesday's encounter, Brewer handed Obama a handwritten letter asking him to sit down with her to discuss the "Arizona comeback."

"I thought we probably would've talked about the things that were important to him and important to me, helping one another," Brewer said of a potential meeting with the president. "Our country is upside down. Arizona was upside down. But we have turned it around. I know again that he loves this country and I love this country."

This isn't the first time Obama and Brewer have disagreed. In October, a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit brought on by Brewer that accused the Obama administration of failing to enforce immigration laws or maintain control of her state's border with Mexico.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/j..._n_1232367.html

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Jan 25th 2012, 10:56 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 25th 2012, 10:36 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Dianafanz
post Jan 26th 2012, 9:20 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI4: Jessica Sierra
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Movie: How 2 Train Your Dragon

A lot of hoopla over nothing imo.

We really don't know for sure what was said either.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jan 27th 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #3

Sorry, no. It makes me sick how people are turning it into him somehow being angry and prickly. Isn't it that chick's finger in HIS face?! Amazing how people can turn things. I can only imagine the reaction if it were him who had his finger in a little ol' white lady's face.

lol@her saying she felt a little "threatened." She is playing her base for all it's worth, and now I'm beginning to think this was all a PR stunt.

The first thing I thought when this happened was "watch her book sales go through the roof."

A Republican politician contradicts her story, by the way:

President Obama didn’t exactly walk away from Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer ® during their disagreement on Wednesday on an airport tarmac near Phoenix, said one of the only people to witness the exchange up close. The president simply began talking to the other two elected officials who were there to greet him.

Mayor Scott Smith of Mesa, Ariz., declined to say exactly what he heard Obama and Brewer talk about during their now-infamous tiff next to Air Force One.

But the mayor said he was standing right next to the governor when the exchange took place and Obama didn’t seem to be in any kind of hurry to leave.

“There was no sense that he was running to or from anything,” Smith told TPM. In fact, he said, the president stayed and had a pleasant conversation with Smith, who’s a Republican
, and Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, a Democrat.

It was “just the four of us,” Smith said. “Mayor Stanton and I had a decent talk with him.”

The portrayal of a calm, friendly president seems to at least partly contradict what Brewer has said about the encounter in numerous interviews since Wednesday afternoon. She described the president as “tense” and said he walked away from her while she was in mid-sentence. She told a Phoenix television station she felt “a little bit threatened” by the encounter.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/...oba.php?ref=fpb

It makes me absolutely sick that this chick is playing on old fears, and stereotypes, talking about feeling threatened. I WISH Obama threatened her dumb*ss.

Congrats, Jan, you've now re-made my "hated politicians" list.

It's smart, though. She made herself a celeb to all those racist baggers just waiting to "put Obama in his place." That's the word they use about this.

Seriously, how is she the one threatened when she's the one shaking her damn finger in his face? F off.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:03 AM
Post #4

lmao@the smirk on her face when she's talking about feeling threatened. She looks downright giddy. This biatche is loving it. She's on Palin levels with the Tea Party crowds right now, and that's exactly why she's loving this adn did it.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/politicsnation/46155957

That clip is awesome, btw, 'cause it shows that she was lying in her book too. After she had that meeting with the President in his office, she had great words and said he was very cordial.

Yet in her book she wrote otherwise. I knew it sounded like bs and a Republican talking point when she compared it to the William Gates/Cambridge police incident. I have a strong feeling that Jan wasn't even the one who wrote it, and it was ghostwritten.

lmao@Obama getting upset with Jan's ghostwriter's fake story. That's probably why this chick is so happy and can't even contain her smiles. She got this whole PR machine/war going, and she knows it was based on a fantasy writing.

Kind of brilliant, in a weird way. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Jan 27th 2012, 1:38 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. CI1: Audrey de Montigny
Fav. Pop Idol: Will Young

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Jan 26th 2012, 10:52 PM) *

Congrats, Jan, you've now re-made my "hated politicians" list.

Seriously, how is she the one threatened when she's the one shaking her damn finger in his face? F off.

She left the list?! shocked.gif

haha.gif its so true!!! I want to see her get told off lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
bswanson
post Jan 27th 2012, 5:51 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. Singer: Taylor Swift

Im not an Obama supporter, but no one should put their finer in the Presidents face like that is disrespectful. no matter what political party.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jan 27th 2012, 6:27 PM
Post #7

Plant your hope with good seeds
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene
Fav. Team: The Yankees

Bitch

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
+Quote Post
DiFan
post Jan 28th 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #8

Wish I lived in AZ. icecream.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Feb 1st 2012, 5:03 PM
Post #9

The dumb chick is fundraising off of this gross pic:

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 1st 2012, 9:28 PM
Post #10

^ Love the hyperlink on the book title.

--------------------
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
+Quote Post
DiFan
post Feb 2nd 2012, 6:16 AM
Post #11

I'm going to have to read that book. whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 22nd 2014, 8:51 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol