Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rock radio news
Naira
post Jan 22nd 2012, 1:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Rock 101 streaming rock radio station just played... Love In Ruins...

@Rock101Radio US
Rock101 Internet Radio Station. Streaming Hard/Modern Rock Music 24/7. Check Out The Weekly Top 20 Rated Tracks And Featured Artist Of The Week.

Rock101Radio Whuppiedu
#NP - James Durbin 'Love In Ruins' On Rock101Radio.com

Does it mean anything? Is LIR the new single now? unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 22nd 2012, 1:21 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

durnet
post Jan 22nd 2012, 1:51 AM
Post #2

Actually no, they've been playing that song for a while, it's even been charting on their Top 20 chart.

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 22nd 2012, 1:52 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 22nd 2012, 1:51 AM) *

Actually no, they've been playing that song for a while, it's even been charting on their Top 20 chart.

Is that the only song they play? Is LIR charting at all on Active Rock?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 22nd 2012, 5:30 AM
Post #4

As far as I know LIR is the only Durbin tune they play and it's not charting on AR.

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 22nd 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 22nd 2012, 1:52 AM) *

Is that the only song they play? Is LIR charting at all on Active Rock?

I don't know if LIR will make AR, I guess some stations may add it shifty.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 22nd 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 22nd 2012, 10:00 AM) *

I don't know if LIR will make AR, I guess some stations may add it shifty.gif

Spill it! devil.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 22nd 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #7

Question: what's the point of giving hits to WGRD 97.9 for the Rocktagon contests James always wins if they never add him to their playlist???? unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 22nd 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 22nd 2012, 10:49 AM) *

Question: what's the point of giving hits to WGRD 97.9 for the Rocktagon contests James always wins if they never add him to their playlist???? unsure.gif

I don't have an answer no.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 22nd 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 22nd 2012, 10:40 AM) *

I don't have an answer no.gif unsure.gif

Looks like they gave Stand Up 5 spins. But it should be on their playlist to make a difference. How many more Rocktagon contests are we supposed to win for James before they add him? Is it some kind of hazing? lol

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 22nd 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #10

The PD at that station is just being an elitist a**hole. F*ck him! Keep voting just to piss him off, as James said to that other PD on twitter: "rock n roll f*cker!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 22nd 2012, 3:03 PM
Post #11

Oh now this is useful:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p;c_let=KOHL-FM

LMB is the only song of his on the list, scroll to the bottom and add HTH.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 22nd 2012, 3:21 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 22nd 2012, 3:03 PM) *

Oh now this is useful:

LMB is the only song of his on the list, scroll to the bottom and add HTH.

I don't think this station would play HTH sad.gif
http://www.kohlradio.com/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 22nd 2012, 3:23 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 22nd 2012, 3:21 PM) *

Oh well. I requested HTH anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 22nd 2012, 3:39 PM
Post #14

Whoops just saw that link on FB didn't even check out what kinda station it is. What format is it?

This post has been edited by durnet: Jan 22nd 2012, 3:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 22nd 2012, 6:07 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 22nd 2012, 3:39 PM) *

Whoops just saw that link on FB didn't even check out what kinda station it is. What format is it?

It's described as Top 40 and college cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 22nd 2012, 7:29 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 22nd 2012, 12:21 PM) *

Yup, you are right Stooch. If the station has LMB on its playlist it is either HAC or top40 and they won't be playing HTH - lol. I don't know if these online mediabase forms are the best way to go for Active Rock requesting - what do you think Stooch?

They are used a lot in top40 and HAC. But they are never as effective as a convo with the program director.

If you want to use these forms, they are easy to alter for whatever station you want to request from. The way you do it is in the url. Sooooo, bring up the kohl radio mediabase form. Then change the station to the station you want to request from in the url.

So you start with:

Then change the station so it looks like this:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p;c_let=KPLZ-FM

Click on it and you have the play list for the station you have changed it too. If they don't have the song you want to request, add it in the lower right and be sure and put your name on the form (first name is ok) so they will count it. You don't need to put in any other info about yourself.

Let's see what happens when we put in a rock station:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p;c_let=KAZR-FM

Voila - you have their rock playlist.

You are supposed to stay local. If Clear Channel receives a bunch of these from one person at the same IP address for several stations they will throw them out. If that happens much they could even blacklist - although I don't really know what they do in that case.

Stooch - this was just general info - not meant for you in particular.

FYI folks, LMB will likely drop out of the top 50 on HAC by the morning. It is slowing down in spins and going to overnights. Stand Up is dropping too. It will likely be out of top 40 this week unless peeps push it as a way to celebrate the video. I think it is worth giving it one last push for the video release. I think James would appreciate his fans doing that for him - IMHO.

After that, just pray that Wind Up puts some money into the next single with a video and radio tour. Otherwise it will go nowhere in a hurry.

Waiting anxiously to hear news about what band James will tour with.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 22nd 2012, 8:05 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Jan 22nd 2012, 7:29 PM) *

Yup, you are right Stooch. If the station has LMB on its playlist it is either HAC or top40 and they won't be playing HTH - lol. I don't know if these online mediabase forms are the best way to go for Active Rock requesting - what do you think Stooch?

They are used a lot in top40 and HAC. But they are never as effective as a convo with the program director.

If you want to use these forms, they are easy to alter for whatever station you want to request from. The way you do it is in the url. Sooooo, bring up the kohl radio mediabase form. Then change the station to the station you want to request from in the url.

So you start with:

Then change the station so it looks like this:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p;c_let=KPLZ-FM

Click on it and you have the play list for the station you have changed it too. If they don't have the song you want to request, add it in the lower right and be sure and put your name on the form (first name is ok) so they will count it. You don't need to put in any other info about yourself.

Let's see what happens when we put in a rock station:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p;c_let=KAZR-FM

Voila - you have their rock playlist.

You are supposed to stay local. If Clear Channel receives a bunch of these from one person at the same IP address for several stations they will throw them out. If that happens much they could even blacklist - although I don't really know what they do in that case.

Stooch - this was just general info - not meant for you in particular.

FYI folks, LMB will likely drop out of the top 50 on HAC by the morning. It is slowing down in spins and going to overnights. Stand Up is dropping too. It will likely be out of top 40 this week unless peeps push it as a way to celebrate the video. I think it is worth giving it one last push for the video release. I think James would appreciate his fans doing that for him - IMHO.

After that, just pray that Wind Up puts some money into the next single with a video and radio tour. Otherwise it will go nowhere in a hurry.

Waiting anxiously to hear news about what band James will tour with.

I would not recommend using media form for active rock, I would recommend contacting the PD or station itself. Better organization also, get as many people who will participate a rallying place. Have everyone target 5 or 6 (or whatever number) radio stations per week. That way you can use numbers to pinpoint stations for maximum effect, probably even start in Cali where james is from, most stations now allow online streaming, so geography less important.
I guess the chatter is Amy Lee and Evanescence but my pipe dream would be for them to hook up with Van Halen seeing they have a new album, would be great exposure

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 22nd 2012, 8:07 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 22nd 2012, 5:05 PM) *

I would not recommend using media form for active rock, I would recommend contacting the PD or station itself. Better organization also, get as many people who will participate a rallying place. Have everyone target 5 or 6 (or whatever number) radio stations per week. That way you can use numbers to pinpoint stations for maximum effect, probably even start in Cali where james is from, most stations now allow online streaming, so geography less important.
I guess the chatter is Amy Lee and Evanescence but my pipe dream would be for them to hook up with Van Halen seeing they have a new album, would be great exposure

Are you talking about this re: Stand Up or re: another single?

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 22nd 2012, 8:27 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Jan 22nd 2012, 8:07 PM) *

Are you talking about this re: Stand Up or re: another single?

Either, the list of station is great to start, but there has to be focus I don't think there are enough dedicated fans to allow them to contact radio station in there area. A couple hundred request over a couple days will more likely have an effect, but I want to go watch the Espn website and twitter to see what going on buzz wise. I've been requesting Stand Up since before Christmas, maybe I'm the guy getting the over night spins because anyone who said the would play it said it would be in the evening or later at night. The song has been out since September and PD's and DJ's have heard it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 22nd 2012, 9:52 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 22nd 2012, 5:27 PM) *

Either, the list of station is great to start, but there has to be focus I don't think there are enough dedicated fans to allow them to contact radio station in there area. A couple hundred request over a couple days will more likely have an effect, but I want to go watch the Espn website and twitter to see what going on buzz wise. I've been requesting Stand Up since before Christmas, maybe I'm the guy getting the over night spins because anyone who said the would play it said it would be in the evening or later at night. The song has been out since September and PD's and DJ's have heard it.

I'm all ears for ideas re: the best way to do this. There are a couple places that could be "headquarters." I think the Radio_JamesDurbin facebook page might be easiest for giving directions but like I said, all ears.

Oh crap - New York touch down.

Back to this. You can PM me. The lists are ready and I know you have lists too. It needs to be publicized. I doubt there will be any promo push after the Superbowl but a final push at the end would be a nice way to move on - on a higher note that shows WindUp how dedicated our little fandom is, rather than a whimper. That was the LMB push motivation too - to show all parties what a united fan base is capable of producing. LMB charted so something worked - or maybe it was just a coincidence. But LMB has gone to overnights and the spin numbers are decreasing now. It is sitting at #50 on HAC (kworb) so I doubt we will see it on the HAC charts this week, or maybe just at the beginning of the week. The irony is that 3 new stations picked it up last week so somebody at WindUp is doing their job for radio airplay. Mediabase still shows it at 39 and the bullet is still up on the 7-day rolling reports - so go figure. They send out their emails on Mondays, or is it Tuesdays. I'm on their mailing list for HAC but I don't remember how I got on it. Last weeks email with the charts showed LMB at #38, but when the chart came out the next day it was sitting at #40.

Dallas and Portland have me mystified. Each station had a packed house for their radio shows. Portland had not had so many people vying for tickets for one of their shows before. And yet, 99% of the spins they are giving LMB, even after that show, are overnights. And Dallas does give evening spins and a tiny fraction during the day. And the PD was totally impressed with the reception James received, even had a dinner party for him and Dina, but where are the spins? Well, I've seen this with Idols before, but the song usually got enough spins to make top 25 on the HAC chart.

Stooch, radio requests often result in evening spins - no big deal there. Drive time is reserved for songs on their playlists. Did any of the stations end up adding Stand Up to their station rotations?

OK, like I said. I'm all ears.

PS - Does anyone know what station in Philly is hosting James' show tomorrow? Atlantic City is Tuesday the 24th. Then he has the two shows back to back in Libertyville and Milwaukee at the end of the month. Then?????? - prep for a tour????

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 1st 2014, 5:19 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol