Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

84 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Idol Season 11 Discussion, Why not?
bonzo
post Feb 17th 2012, 6:29 PM
Post #181

Group: Members

Did anyone else catch that the Burning Love number was not A 50s song but in fact recorded by Elvis in 1972? I remember being about 5 and playing my sisters' 45 of it over and over so much that one day my older brother tricked me into going outside so he could smash it so that he didn't have to hear it again angry.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 17th 2012, 6:29 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

bonzo
post Feb 17th 2012, 6:35 PM
Post #182

QUOTE(Tusk @ Feb 17th 2012, 2:36 AM) *

For those who wanted to see the whole of Baylie Brown's and other's Vegas group performance, they have the full vids @ Idol's site
http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_...s_performances/

Hollie Cavenaugh sings in "Mr Sandman" (stong performance)...she's had practically no air time so far...

No sign of Johnny Keyser's group though...seemingly shrouded in mystery fear.gif
edit: nm the link to his performance isn't working "Wake Up Little Susie" must have been a train wreck to do him in after so much air time.

I just watched it and it's a mashup of Buddy Holly's Oh Boy and The Everly Bros. WULS. IDK it didn't sound bad to me, but he really didn't stand out either.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thom0065
post Feb 17th 2012, 7:25 PM
Post #183

QUOTE(Tiger_8 @ Feb 17th 2012, 6:20 PM) *

Eben Christian Franckewitz? unsure.gif haha.gif I keep thinking he looks like Justin Bieber...giggle.gif

---

I'm really liking a lot of people on this season... Heejun Han is my favorite at the moment, and then I also like Joshua Ledet, Elise Testone, and Haley Johnsen. Those seem to be my top few as of now that I like... original.gif

Yup that's him .... I would not be surprised if he gets in, to kind of capture the Bieber craze and keep the young'ens in .... If the knock last year was that all the little girls were texting 1000's of votes for Scotty and Lauren, could you imagine how far he could go ??

--------------------
+Quote Post
jjames865
post Feb 17th 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #184

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(kclarkson1323 @ Feb 17th 2012, 12:26 AM) *

Tonight was great I thought the group performances tonight were awesome. Finally got to see Jessica Sanchez too and she delivered like I knew she would.

I absolutely agree with you. Jessica Sanchez definitely caught my attention.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jjames865
post Feb 17th 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #185

QUOTE(poolie @ Feb 17th 2012, 1:43 AM) *

Reed Grimm, personality and antics aside, is good if only he can focus.

I'm definitely not hopping on the Reed Grimm bandwagon. I not sure if I'm just fighting the Idol editing having Reed shoved down our throats or genuinely not getting him. IMO, Casey was much better. crying.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Feb 17th 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #186

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(jjames865 @ Feb 17th 2012, 7:55 PM) *

I'm definitely not hopping on the Reed Grimm bandwagon. I not sure if I'm just fighting the Idol editing having Reed shoved down our throats or genuinely not getting him. IMO, Casey was much better. crying.gif

I posted at mjs
We noticed Talent first with Casey, he became quirky(ier) once he made the tour. (He said that was his goal to begin with)
We noticed quirky with Reed first, his talent second. We have to hear more from him to even get a whiff of his musical nature. If he doesn't mellow out, more and more people will become impatient with him.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jjames865
post Feb 17th 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #187

QUOTE(Tusk @ Feb 17th 2012, 11:01 PM) *

I posted at mjs
We noticed Talent first with Casey, he became quirky(ier) once he made the tour. (He said that was his goal to begin with)
We noticed quirky with Reed first, his talent second. We have to hear more from him to even get a whiff of his musical nature. If he doesn't mellow out, more and more people will become impatient with him.

Tusk, in your opinion do you think he's as talented as Casey. Again, it may be that I'm having trouble getting past his and Idol's BS. BTW, I didn't get the impression that he was a master drummer this week.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Feb 17th 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #188

QUOTE(jjames865 @ Feb 17th 2012, 8:09 PM) *

Tusk, in your opinion do you think he's as talented as Casey. Again, it may be that I'm having trouble getting past his and Idol's BS. BTW, I didn't get the impression that he was a master drummer this week.

Too soon to tell. Can't really determine anything until we see them live. They can't edit the live shows.
Actually I thought his drum performance was his best one, because he was distracted by having to drum so didn't start into his goofiness.

My appreciation of Casey has increased much more than when he was on the show. I loved his Vegas performance. The Jazz guy Rocked it out, and that recent vid bugged posted recently was so smooth... Really unfair to compare Reed at this point, but Casey's "Georgia" eclipsed anything Reed has done so far.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Feb 17th 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #189

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

I can't stand Reed Grimm or Phillip Phillips. Reed reminds me of Taylor Hicks without the gray hair and Phillip comes across as a 2nd rate Casey Abrams.

I think the guys are led by Joshua Ledet, and I actually find Colton Dixon tolerable.

The girls IMO are definitely led by Jessica Sanchez and Jen Hirsh just from what we've seen so far. However Haley Johnsen and Elise Testone are also very good and so is Hollie Cavanagh but we haven't seen her at all. They've also shown a lot of Shannon Magrane who I like but can't decide how good she is yet.

Oh and singing aside Heejun is hilarious. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
TV6: Christina Grimmie|Tess Boyer|Audra McLaughlin|Bria Kelly|AI13: Jena Irene|Jess Meuse|
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Feb 20th 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #190

New Idology is up
I thought it might be a longer episode because there were so many singers to cover but not so. They needed to make it longer, it felt incomplet
I still feel like someone else is producing and not Jason even though the cut scenes are back, there doesn't feel to be the spark or 'attitude' to them

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fover10
post Feb 20th 2012, 1:19 AM
Post #191

QUOTE(Tusk @ Feb 20th 2012, 12:37 AM) *

New Idology is up
I thought it might be a longer episode because there were so many singers to cover but not so. They needed to make it longer, it felt incomplet
I still feel like someone else is producing and not Jason even though the cut scenes are back, there doesn't feel to be the spark or 'attitude' to them

You're right Tusk, it's almost like there should be a part 2 to it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
poolie
post Feb 20th 2012, 2:15 AM
Post #192

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone
Fav. The Voice : Nicholas David

It's strange they didn't mention Elise or Shannon at all, but as usual their commentary is very astute - although maybe lacking that edge.

I generally look away while listening to people I'm not familiar with on AI which may help with appreciating Reed .. or not haha.gif At this time, I'd say Casey is more talented overall, but always thought AI wasn't really the right platform for him to exhibit the extent of his talents.

It seems it is just me that thinks Shannon has a Haley influence thing going on unsure.gif wink.gif

I also like Jessica Sanchez and would love to see her go far to see how she progresses. She already has quite a large following coming into AI.

Jen Hirsh has a few songs already on itunes which are good, but the writing leaves something to be desired. Given her AI performances she’s capable of going paces. I just hope Elise gets some more exposure and recognition.

my radar missed Kenny Jesus .. hahah...I’m adding him to my guys list of people to keep an ear on.

This post has been edited by poolie: Feb 20th 2012, 2:17 AM

--------------------
TVAU : Diana Rouvas, XFAU : Bella, XFUS : 5H, AI12 : Amber Holcomb IPB Image
+Quote Post
#jeah
post Feb 20th 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #193

QUOTE(Tiger_8 @ Feb 17th 2012, 6:20 PM) *

Eben Christian Franckewitz? unsure.gif haha.gif I keep thinking he looks like Justin Bieber...giggle.gif

---

I'm really liking a lot of people on this season... Heejun Han is my favorite at the moment, and then I also like Joshua Ledet, Elise Testone, and Haley Johnsen. Those seem to be my top few as of now that I like... original.gif

We have like the exact same favorites. haha.gif Except Heejun I mainly like because of his personality.

--------------------
#SitarIdol2014
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
formerly aag1010 | Avatar: Tiger_8
+Quote Post
satchvai
post Feb 20th 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #194

Fav. King's X (Doug Pinnick)

Enjoyed the Idology. It was its normal 10 minutes, just had a lot to cover so I think they focused on what the bigger/more humorous stories of the week. I am fully in the Josh Ladet camp and Jessica Sanchez camp, I'd love to see that Top 2, but don't think the Idol demographic would allow that..unless its changed because of the influence from X-Craptor or NotTheVoice.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Feb 20th 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #195

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

Another great episode of Idology.

--------------------
IPB Image
TV6: Christina Grimmie|Tess Boyer|Audra McLaughlin|Bria Kelly|AI13: Jena Irene|Jess Meuse|
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jjames865
post Feb 20th 2012, 1:29 PM
Post #196

QUOTE(satchvai @ Feb 20th 2012, 10:37 AM) *

Enjoyed the Idology. It was its normal 10 minutes, just had a lot to cover so I think they focused on what the bigger/more humorous stories of the week. I am fully in the Josh Ladet camp and Jessica Sanchez camp, I'd love to see that Top 2, but don't think the Idol demographic would allow that..unless its changed because of the influence from X-Craptor or NotTheVoice.

Didn't know who Jessica Sanchez was until the Vegas round, now definitely on my radar. This too for "Kenny Jesus".

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tiger_8
post Feb 20th 2012, 4:11 PM
Post #197

Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. Singer Ever: Michael Jackson

QUOTE(aag1010 @ Feb 20th 2012, 10:31 AM) *

We have like the exact same favorites. haha.gif Except Heejun I mainly like because of his personality.

haha.gif We do! Aaron and Jen are two I like as well, though I need to see more of them to be sure, but I've enjoyed their performances so far!

And yeah, I like Heejun's personality the most too, but I do think he's underrated for his singing...people can't seem to see past the joking around with him, but I do think he can sing better then he's been given credit for! happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
---------------Sig by me | Avie by me | Fav. Idols ever: Clay Aiken, Haley Reinhart, David Archuleta
+Quote Post
dipz0r
post Feb 20th 2012, 4:54 PM
Post #198

I guess i'll post this here. Wanna share.

I fkn loved molly hunt and after a bit research I found out she is a very good songwriter. After she exited AI she wrote this song. She has skills.

--------------------
Jessica, Caleb.
Majesty, MK, Briana, Emily, Brandy.
+Quote Post
fover10
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:16 PM
Post #199

QUOTE(dipz0r @ Feb 20th 2012, 4:54 PM) *

I guess i'll post this here. Wanna share.

I fkn loved molly hunt and after a bit research I found out she is a very good songwriter. After she exited AI she wrote this song. She has skills.

Very Very Nice. Hopefully Molly will continue to grow and succeed in the music industry. DON'T GIVE UP MOLLY and GOOD LUCK .

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AdoreGrowler26
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:30 PM
Post #200

Fav. Actress: Alison Brie

I watched some Vegas performances and am finally able to form an opinion on Reed. I actually really like his voice, but he's creepy and a bit annoying.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you, Tusk :D
+Quote Post

84 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 12:31 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol