Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The NGH Report - American Idol 11's Savannah Auditions: "I think I just had an eargasm.", Please comment what you think!
nevergoinghome
post Jan 19th 2012, 1:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

The NGH Report – American Idol 11’s Savannah Auditions: “I think I just had an eargasm.”

We’re back for American Idol Season 11! I hope everyone enjoyed the long break, but it’s time to once again dive down the proverbial rabbit hole in our quest to find a new recording superstar capable of taking the music industry by storm, or, more likely, a young white male who plays the guitar. But, either way, the show is back! We’ve waited months for the search to begin anew and we had our start of the season in beautiful Savannah, Georgia. The birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low (Girl Scouts of America founder), the First African Baptist Church, and the Central Georgia Railway Roundhouse Complex! Thank you, Wikipedia, for once again confirming the fact that “learning” is a pointless process.

American Idol opens the season reminiscing about the past decade of episodes and plays a beautiful version of the song “Forever Young” while toddlers are show in home videos. It’s ironic that they went with that song considering the majority of the Idol viewing audience is currently in Depends. It’s okay! I don’t mind. I’d rather be with the older audience. The crowds for The Voice and The X-Factor are too young and overtly stupid; besides, the older generation tends to have taffy or a Werther’s Original hard candy on their person at all times. Bingo.

Anyway, back to the show and beautiful Savannah! The crowds have gathered and as I sit and watch them stir with excitement I’m reminded of how tempted I am to make fun of an entire state of people who seem to think that camo and flannel are always an appropriate wardrobe choice regardless of the weather. But, I’ll hold my tongue. Oh, wait, look… that old redneck is shaking hands with a young black gentleman from Africa. There’s no way this ends badly-

Redneck: Are you a runner?

And… boom goes the dynamite. Well, with that bit of overt racism aside, let’s take a quick look at what Steven Tyler decided to wear to one of the most conservative areas of the country… annnnnnd he chose to dress like the Scarlet Pimpernel.

We’re off to a great start!

DAY ONE

David “Mister Steal Your Girl” Leathers, Jr.
- 17 years old
- NC
- He sang “Remember the Rain."
- “My friends call me Mister Steal Your Girl.” Yeah, by “friends,” do you mean no one?
- I didn’t know Webster could sing.
- He “beat” Scotty McCreery in a singing competition. Wait, what the hell was Scotty McCreery doing in a SINGING competition?
- David had a tendency to fall flat, but really did give off a young Michael vibe… in that, I think David Leathers is actually the kid that had been hiding in Michael Jackson’s body the past twenty years. Free at last! Too soon?
-7.5/10

Gabi Carrubba
- 16 years old
- CT
- She sang “Sunday Morning."
- Gabi is a champion tap dancer! I wonder how much work it takes to become a champion of something that nobody cares about? “Brad, I’m a champion tap dancer.” “Yeah, Gabi, all I’m hearing is that you probably won’t get fat… so I’ll keep dating you.”
- “Can I give Nigel a hug really quick?” She knows how to play this game. My radar went off. I think there is a little more to Gabi than she lets on.
- Very pure voice and super controlled for her age. Well, for any age.
- 8.5/10

Brianna Faulk
- 15 years old
- GA
- She sang “I Want To Dance With Somebody.”
- Our first unlucky montage contestant! Enjoy your two seconds of fame and- oh, now you’re gone.
- 7.5/10

Neco Starr
- 20 years old
- GA
- He sang “Grenade.”
- 7.5/10

Molly Hunt

- 15 years old
- TN
- She sang “You’re No Good.”
- 6.5/10

Elise Testone
- 28 years old
- SC
- 8/10

Shannon Magraine
- 15 years old
- FL
- She sang “Something’s Got a Hold on Me.”
- Steven is slobbering over this girl. I know you think you are an untouchable artist, but I have two words for you. Roman. Polanski.
- There’s so much estrogen in her family even her Dad’s cycle is syncing with the rest of them.
- She has a strong instrument, but I don’t buy the soul in this super white girl’s voice.
- 8/10

Amy Brumfield
- 24 years old
- TN
- She sang “Super Woman.”
- I was wondering what Crystal Bowersox did with her pirate teeth. She gave them to Amy!
- Tennessee girl who lives in a tent. Yep. Sounds about right. I’m sorry, why is this a sob story? I had assumed that every one in Tennessee lived in a tent.
- “The only thing we can do is live in a tent in the woods.” Umm, or you know, go get a job and stop chasing your dream of being a professional singer. You obviously aren’t in the best position right now to pursue that dream. Go get a job at McDonalds, save some money, get a studio apartment, and quit your participation in #OccupyBackwoodsTennessee.
- “I’d rather be outdoors and happy.” Well, mission accomplished. You know who else is happy? The timberwolves. I hope your dirty hippy hair doesn’t smell like hickory.
- Amy’s voice has some nice soul and character, but her range sounds a little too light for a show of this stature.
- 7.5/10

Stephanie Renae
- 15 years old
- FL
- She sang “Inside Your Heaven.”
- Wow. If that girl was any more bedazzled she’d become a prism and a rainbow would shoot out her chest. I looked at the screen through a pinhole camera because it’s important not to look directly into a solar eclipse.
- Sorry, Stephanie. You aren’t ready yet. Your tongue is too big for your mouth and it makes everything sound muddy. OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND DROP YOUR JAW.
- 7/10

Schyler Dixon
- 16 years old
- TN
- She sang “Break Even.”
- You’re spelling your fake made-up name incorrectly.
- Colton’s sister!
- She hates her brother right now. Wow, it has to be hard living in Colton Dixon’s shadow! Oh, what’s that? Nobody really knows who the hell Colton is? So… you’re just whining because you aren’t interesting enough to stand out on your own? Yeah… nailed ya.
- Very good voice. It’s unique and ready for recording.
- 8.5/10

Colton Dixon
- 19 years old
- TN
- He sang “Permanent.”
- I always liked Colton. He’s coming into this season as a frontrunner. That’s pretty incredible considering he was cannon fodder last time around.
- 8.5/10

Lauren Mink
- 25 years old
- KY
- She sang “Country Strong.”
- I wanted to make fun of her gummy smile, but then I realized she works with people with down syndrome and I don’t want to go to hell.
- Boring song, and a rather boring voice. She’ll need to pick something more folksy in Hollywood to make a bigger splash.
- 7/10

DAY TWO

Ashley Altise
- 28 years old
- NC
- She sang “Come Together.”
- Quit. Dancing. Oh @#$%, she can sing. Ugggh, I don’t want to see her ever again. It looks like she’s wearing one of those Rastafarian snowboarding hats. I’m over it.
- 7.5/10

W.T. Thompson
- 25 years old
- VA
- Worked at a prison. Pregnant wife. I’m not going into further detail because this guy is gone faster than you’ll know.
- 8/10

Brittany Kerr
- 24 years old
- NC
- NBA dancer! Umm, I’m listening.
- Unbelievably hot. Adequate voice. She’s a shoo-in for the semi-finals!
- 7.5/10

Phillip “The Phillip” Phillips

- 20 years old
- GA
- He sang “Superstition” and “Thriller.”
- Impressive. I know a lot of people are thinking that Phillip will become this season’s unstoppable WGWG (white guy with guitar) but I don’t buy it. Yes, he seems to fit the pattern, but there’s something about him that doesn’t scream winner. Maybe it’s a confidence issue, or maybe it’s a lack of experience, but I don’t see him taking the crown.
- 9/10

42 singers make it through to Hollywood! See you tomorrow as we watch the Pittsburgh auditions!

NGH

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 19th 2012, 1:19 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

druth8x
post Jan 19th 2012, 1:23 AM
Post #2

NGH is back!!!!!

Ok, this will allow me to remember what I watched.

The opening commentary was all kinds of awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 19th 2012, 1:33 AM
Post #3

Potential to love
Amy Brumfield
Schyler Dixon
Colton Dixon
Brittany Kerr

Just plain potential
David “Mister Steal Your Girl” Leathers, Jr.
Gabi Carrubba
Shannon Magraine - lol at your nickname
Stephanie Renae - wait you said she was eliminated?
Lauren Mink
Ashley Altise

I didn't bother with the ones you didn't comment on. I think all of the girls might be in the top list. I don't care enough to figure out where. I'll just look at this as, "These are the ones that they showed enough of that had potential but none screamed pick me like Lauren Alaina/Melanie Amaro did"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jan 19th 2012, 1:34 AM
Post #4

Plant your hope with good seeds
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene
Fav. Team: The Yankees

Welcome back! Love your reviews.

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
+Quote Post
Sportsman280
post Jan 19th 2012, 1:35 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI8: Anoop Desai
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

Gabi hugging Nigel was the most brilliant move I've seen by a contestant in probably 4 or 5 seasons, not to mention she was marketable, but her voice was weak.

Elise was good but her skin looked horrible in HD, sorry Elise. Good tone and knows how to use her voice.

Tent girl's voice was Bowersox-esque.

Baseball daughter was getting creeped on hard by Steven, her voice isn't ready. Too many teens with underdeveloped voices, they really need to up the audition age to 17 and give these kids some time to figure out how to use their instruments.

Colton was hurt that Brett made it over him to the live shows, I don't blame him.

I felt bad for Schyler as she was overshadowed, she's got a very interesting voice. But it's definitely a niche voice.

Brittany was phenomenal.....looking.

Phillip's voice is affected and his mannerisms feel entirely forced and his tone is grating. He's talented, but I'm not a fan.

All else was not noteworthy.

This post has been edited by Sportsman280: Jan 19th 2012, 1:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Jan 19th 2012, 1:54 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

I'll read this tomorrow once I've watched the whole audition episode, but I'm glad you're back and recapping. w00t.gif

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB Image
S:SJDS: Jon. Reed. Jaclyn. Natalie. ◄◄ DWTS19: Janel/Val. Alfonso/Witney. Lea/Artem.
+Quote Post
blkeener
post Jan 19th 2012, 2:06 AM
Post #7

Fav. AI3: Jon Peter Lewis

Ah friend, this was better than I anticipated with your teaser snippets! Glad you decided to keep writing! original.gif original.gif original.gif

My personal favorite of the bunch was Elise, despite getting a Paul McDonald audition drive by... Search her online...she's fab-u-lous!

Gabi was good...Anyone who throws herself onto Nigel Lythgoe gets +1 for seizing the moment & mentioning the one thing Nigel loves more than Idol..SYTYCD (automatic aired audition)...but she gets a -10 for not slapping him in the face like I so want to.

Oh the Dixons. I was wondering how they would edit this when I realized Colton had no intentions, up until that moment, to audition. Could Schyler be any more bitter toward her brother? Though, I understand. Personally, I prefer her to him...but clearly she was a simple afterthought once Colton was remembered. We'll be seeing him in the top 24 this year. As for Schyler, I doubt we'll even see much of her...until next year, maybe.

Brittany Kerr. The closest I will ever be to being a contestant...since they clipped my wristband at the San Diego cattle calls....not 7 months ago. I will be #TeamBritt for this reason only. Though...I wouldn't say she is a shoo-in, NGH....JLo's hatred for pretty girls could overrule the sex-driven Steven. don't want to see your heart break.

Phillip freakin' Phillips ....Perhaps if my twitter feed didn't start flailing to no end with how "amazing" he was, I might not be so angry with him. I'm just scared that if he breaks top 24...he might have no end, despite any lack of experience. And really....he broke out his guitar during his audition. THAT'S CHEATING! Boo.

And was I mistaken or did we actually get some actual feedback from the judges tonight? shocked.gif Let's hope this rolls over into the lives shows.....not holding my breath.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 19th 2012, 2:17 AM
Post #8

Britanny Kerr tried out at least twice for AI 11? So much for them pretending that this was the first audition city they went to. Oh and the 2 different states of cattle call and auditions didn't stop them either.

How is it cheating? didn't Casey Abrams break out his hand instrument thingie?

Yeah we did get some actual feedback and different songs some even more current like Charice.

This post has been edited by druth8x: Jan 19th 2012, 2:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idol101
post Jan 19th 2012, 2:27 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon

QUOTE(nevergoinghome @ Jan 19th 2012, 1:19 AM) *

We’re back for American Idol Season 11! I hope everyone enjoyed the long break, but it’s time to once again dive down the proverbial rabbit hole in our quest to find a new recording superstar capable of taking the music industry by storm, or, more likely, a young white male who plays the guitar.

haha.gif I happen to like guys who play guitar and hope another one wins.

--------------------
IPB Image
Signature by leeyvic TV: Kat P * Cole Vosbury *The Swon Brothers XFUS: Vino Alan * Chris Rene
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Jan 19th 2012, 5:55 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

QUOTE(nevergoinghome @ Jan 19th 2012, 12:19 AM) *

- 20 years old
- GA
- He sang “Superstition” and “Thriller.”
- Impressive. I know a lot of people are thinking that Phillip will become this season’s unstoppable WGWG (white guy with guitar) but I don’t buy it. Yes, he seems to fit the pattern, but there’s something about him that doesn’t scream winner. Maybe it’s a confidence issue, or maybe it’s a lack of experience, but I don’t see him taking the crown.

This guy is my worse Idol nightmare, he's Lee Dewyze with a twang. No confidence didn't stop Lee from burying the competition S9. If he makes live shows, only some very subtle sabotage will prevent him from winning; obvious sabotage will only give him a final margin of victory greater than Scotty or David Cook. The twitter response pretty much reinforces this opinion.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
aviddem
post Jan 19th 2012, 7:22 AM
Post #11

Fav. Idol: ADAM F. LAMBERT

QUOTE(chessguy99 @ Jan 19th 2012, 5:55 AM) *

This guy is my worse Idol nightmare, he's Lee Dewyze with a twang. No confidence didn't stop Lee from burying the competition S9. If he makes live shows, only some very subtle sabotage will prevent him from winning; obvious sabotage will only give him a final margin of victory greater than Scotty or David Cook. The twitter response pretty much reinforces this opinion.
THIS.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ryeo
post Jan 19th 2012, 9:30 AM
Post #12

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. The Voice S2: Juliet Simms

Okay, so Brittany Kerr. Bloody hell, she's hot. Although her voice is pretty decent, she has a nice tone and recording voice, plus her stunning look. I'm so rooting for her.

The others that I like:
Colton Dixon (he was robbed last year)
Phillip Phillips

--------------------
+Quote Post
guilhermeaoshi
post Jan 19th 2012, 9:28 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI4: Jessica Sierra
Fav. SwedishIdol:Marie Picasso

Yay, NGH Reports is back!!!!! w00twave.gif
Don´t agree about everything (I think Colton wasn´t that good, and Amy was one of the best).

This post has been edited by guilhermeaoshi: Jan 19th 2012, 9:30 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Heretic
post Jan 19th 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #14

I think Brittany Kerr has a short, tough road ahead of her. Bombshell good looks have never really been a good thing on Idol. Hopefully she'll use the brief exposure to further her other career goals.

Schyler Dixon got kind of a villain edit, but I felt sorry for her. She seems reasonably talented (though her brother is perfectly marketable to the post-emo crowd) and deserved a moment of attention all to herself. Of course, the whole situation was likely staged anyway.

This post has been edited by Heretic: Jan 19th 2012, 10:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RevRight
post Jan 19th 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #15

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox

Ironic. A person who stereotypes people from the south falsely judging someone as racist.

--------------------
+Quote Post
nevergoinghome
post Jan 19th 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(RevRight @ Jan 19th 2012, 9:01 AM) *

Ironic. A person who stereotypes people from the south falsely judging someone as racist.

I didn't "falsely" judge anyone. I TOTALLY judged him. Outright.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
blkeener
post Jan 19th 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI3: Jon Peter Lewis

QUOTE(druth8x @ Jan 19th 2012, 2:17 AM) *

How is it cheating? didn't Casey Abrams break out his hand instrument thingie?

Not till after he got his golden ticket. And he didn't sing & play..he just played.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RevRight
post Jan 19th 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox

QUOTE(nevergoinghome @ Jan 19th 2012, 10:19 AM) *

I didn't "falsely" judge anyone. I TOTALLY judged him. Outright.

You're right. "Falsely" is probably not the right word. "Ignorantly" is more appropriate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
nevergoinghome
post Jan 19th 2012, 2:16 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(RevRight @ Jan 19th 2012, 11:53 AM) *

You're right. "Falsely" is probably not the right word. "Ignorantly" is more appropriate.

Apology accepted.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Redenator
post Jan 19th 2012, 4:26 PM
Post #20

Fav. Bradbery

QUOTE(Idol101 @ Jan 18th 2012, 11:27 PM) *

haha.gif I happen to like guys who play guitar and hope another one wins.

You're mean sad.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Castronovo---------------------James--------------------------Spangler
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 21st 2014, 1:29 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol