Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

247 Pages V « < 38 39 40 41 42 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> American Idol Season 11
mc_lisa
post Feb 17th 2012, 6:05 AM
Post #781

Group: Members

QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ Feb 17th 2012, 2:13 AM) *

You can view all the Vegas performances at the official website:

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_...s_performances/

better... haha.gif

thanks thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 17th 2012, 6:05 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Craig Bennett
post Feb 17th 2012, 3:26 PM
Post #782

I work evenings when Idol is on so I can't watch it. Has Colton Dixon already been cut? I thought I read on MJ's he was. If so, that's 2 years in a row he didn't make the top 24 right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mm99
post Feb 17th 2012, 3:29 PM
Post #783

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. Team McCreery145 MC113 SM345

QUOTE(CountryTiger @ Feb 17th 2012, 12:26 PM) *

I work evenings when Idol is on so I can't watch it. Has Colton Dixon already been cut? I thought I read on MJ's he was. If so, that's 2 years in a row he didn't make the top 24 right?

No he hasn't been cut. They made a mistake in the spoilers. But I think next week is solos and then top 24 results.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Feb 17th 2012, 3:31 PM
Post #784

QUOTE(mm99 @ Feb 17th 2012, 3:29 PM) *

No he hasn't been cut. They made a mistake in the spoilers. But I think next week is solos and then top 24 results.

Thanks mm99. I found this list:

The (alleged) Top 12 Girls

Hollie Cavanaugh

Baylie Brown

Jen Hirsh

Chelsea Sorell

Hallie Day

Elise Testone

Erika Van Pelt

Jessica Sanchez

Haley Johnson

Shannon Magrane

Brielle Von Hugel

Skylar Laine

The (alleged) Top 12 Boys

Adam Brock

Reed Grimm

Deandre Brackensick

Creighton Fraker

Aaron Sellers

Joshua Ledet

Eben Franckewitz

Heejun Han

Phillip Phillips

Jeremy Rosado

Chase Likens

Colton Dixon

--------------------
+Quote Post
rhorick
post Feb 17th 2012, 7:11 PM
Post #785

w00t.gif Sadly, the most exciting thing about that list to me is that Richie (the Cowboy) didn't make it.

I really need to stop watching AI this year and let AI season 10 be the only year I watched and will ever watch. I'm not for anyone. Yet, I can't wait to see a lot of them voted off. I don't think that was the intention of the show. no.gif

This post has been edited by rhorick: Feb 17th 2012, 8:40 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
God is good all the time. All the time, God is good. thanks youhaveiloved
+Quote Post
rhorick
post Feb 17th 2012, 7:16 PM
Post #786

QUOTE(mm99 @ Feb 16th 2012, 11:03 PM) *

Well, I will say that Reed Grimm has impressed me. It is not easy to play the drums and sing at the same time. But no one will every replace Scotty in my ears (Scotty, what are you doing in my ears!? You're supposed to be in Lubbock, Texas!)

That is my husband's pick this year. His pick last year was Casey, Haley, and Lauren. IN that order. (= Mine was Scotty from day one. Only proves I'm the more intelligent one of the house. thumbsup.gif

For those saying they made Richie look bad, I don't like his voice. It has nothing to do with the editing factor they use. I can't explain how his voice grates on my nerves for some reason. smh I apologize if I need to keep that to myself. wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mm99
post Feb 17th 2012, 7:33 PM
Post #787

QUOTE(rhorick @ Feb 17th 2012, 4:16 PM) *

That is my husband's pick this year. His pick last year was Casey, Haley, and Lauren. IN that order. (= Mine was Scotty from day one. Only proves I'm the more intelligent one of the house. thumbsup.gif

For those saying they made Richie look bad, I don't like his voice. It has nothing to do with the editing factor they use. I can't explain how his voice grates on my nerves for some reason. smh I apologize if I need to keep that to myself. wacko.gif

You don't have to apologize at all. I just feel bad for him. It's not his fault, IMHO.

PS: I saw that list ages ago, but I thought we'd agreed not to post spoilers. Not that we voted or anything, though. Maybe edit that list Country Tiger to add that it's a spoiler.

This post has been edited by mm99: Feb 17th 2012, 7:35 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Feb 17th 2012, 7:35 PM
Post #788

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

I agree. His voice is hit and miss, but his attitude I really don't believe thats how he is in real life.

On his site, this is his bio...

Richie was born in Kennesaw, GA on April 27, 1992. He was born into a huge music family and sang in complete sentences before he spoke in complete sentences. He began singing harmony at 4. He has lived in Colorado for the last 14 years. At 7 years of age, he had a tumour removed from his chest. This modest young man dismisses it as "God was just making room for the gift of this voice." He was a member of his high school mixed choir, Chambers Singers, and a member of the high school Jazz Choir. He was also accepted into the 2011 CO Allstate Jazz Choir and the 2011 CO Allstate Choir. He attends NE Wesleyan University on a Vocal Performance Scholarship. He was a member of the emmy nominated University Choir and toured with them this year until leaving the choir to pursue American Idol. He is a member of the Jazz Choir at NE Wesleyan as well.

He was a member of the 2010 International Gold Medal Barbershop Youth Chorus Grand Champions 52Eighty. He is also a 2011 member of Sound of the Rockies, the internationally 3rd ranked men's barbershop chorus.

He is the 2010-2011 Grand Champion of American Country Star and Colorado's winner for 2010-2011 Country Strong Competition. He is currently involved in 2012 American Idol Competition.

So how did the choir geek go country? He's always been country. He sang Boot Scootin' Boogie on the radio at age 4 for a DJ named Rhubarb Jones in Atlanta and never stopped singing country. His band, Southern Routes, is headed by his award winning song writer dad, Chuck Lawson. Richie is a man with a heart for Christ and also sings in the small church where his dad heads the music program.

He is an avid hunter, fisherman, and harvested his first buck in October 2010. "He can skin a buck and run a trot line.", as Hank Jr. would say.

Richie believes that it is not our challenges that define us; it's how we handle them that make us who we are.

Most of all, Richie loves to perform. He is happiest when he is with his fans and singing all-american songs. His dynamic style is hugely entertaining, but you'll soon fall in love with this gentle giant. He has the face of an angel and the voice of thunder.

God Bless all of you fans and your families.

And like I said before, just the way he communicates on his FB has convinced me he is a good person, not a jerk.

This post has been edited by ctryfan1980: Feb 17th 2012, 7:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
rhorick
post Feb 17th 2012, 7:42 PM
Post #789

QUOTE(mm99 @ Feb 17th 2012, 7:33 PM) *

You don't have to apologize at all. I just feel bad for him. It's not his fault, IMHO.

PS: I saw that list ages ago, but I thought we'd agreed not to post spoilers. Not that we voted or anything, though. Maybe edit that list Country Tiger to add that it's a spoiler.

Sorry. I'll go back and edit out my quote so it won't show if he edits.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mm99
post Feb 17th 2012, 7:52 PM
Post #790

Thanks, ctryfan. I am just worried this show might hurt his future. People who watch AI seem to have long memories (although fortunately for Jordon Dorsey short memories of names.) People still call Clint Gamboa a bully. Even though I like Hee Jun, I really think he should have controlled his constant putting down of Richie. He made Richie look worse than he was. And well, I will leave it at that.

There is no one there that really appeals that much, but I have five favorite guys and five favorite girls so far, so I am curious how well I do with the top ten:

In no particular order
MEN
Reed Grimm
Creighton Fraker
Aaron Sanders
Joshua Ledet
Adam Brock

Wild cards
Hee Jun
Deandre
Jeremy
Colton
Chase

WOMEN
Skylar Laine
Jen Hirsch
Brielle von Hugel
Holllie Cavenaugh (angry about lack of exposure this year, so she is on my list by default)
Baylie Brown

Wild cards
None... oh well

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
rhorick
post Feb 17th 2012, 8:06 PM
Post #791

Thanks cntryfan. I don't like they are making him look bad. As MM99 has said, they shouldn't make him look as such because it could damage his future career.

I have no favorite's this year. But I have noticed that I prefer male singers to female. I never realized that because I am not an avid music listener. Scotty has forever changed me.

What happened to the guy that was born with no ears. Did I miss something? I can't even remember his name.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fedfan1
post Feb 17th 2012, 8:14 PM
Post #792

QUOTE(rhorick @ Feb 17th 2012, 8:06 PM) *

Thanks cntryfan. I don't like they are making him look bad. As MM99 has said, they shouldn't make him look as such because it could damage his future career.

I have no favorite's this year. But I have noticed that I prefer male singers to female. I never realized that because I am not an avid music listener. Scotty has forever changed me.

What happened to the guy that was born with no ears. Did I miss something? I can't even remember his name.

I think he left after first round, but I'm not positive.
I too tend to like male singers over female, too. To me, most of the girls all sound alike and I can't even tell them apart.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Feb 17th 2012, 8:22 PM
Post #793

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(fedfan1 @ Feb 17th 2012, 8:14 PM) *

I too tend to like male singers over female, too. To me, most of the girls all sound alike and I can't even tell them apart.

Yeah not just on Idol, but my favorite females have always been the ones with the unique voices...Wynonna, Tanya, Reba, Pam Tillis, Carrie, Dolly, Shania, Gretchen, even Taylor. Alot of Country women seem to have different voices from each other. Now in pop music, I'll use the term again, the girls sound more "cookie cutter."

This post has been edited by ctryfan1980: Feb 17th 2012, 8:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
rhorick
post Feb 17th 2012, 8:22 PM
Post #794

QUOTE(fedfan1 @ Feb 17th 2012, 8:14 PM) *

That is me too! I kept telling my husband last night that she sounds like the other girl in her group.

I never realized how much Scotty really had me at his first song! I didn't pay much attention to anyone after that. This year, I am actually watching the show and not one contestant. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mm99
post Feb 17th 2012, 8:25 PM
Post #795

QUOTE(fedfan1 @ Feb 17th 2012, 5:14 PM) *

Isn't he the one that sang with Richie?? I think his name is Jermaine?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Feb 17th 2012, 8:29 PM
Post #796

Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

For all 10 seasons I watched Idol, I always wanted a real traditional Country singer to break thru. Carrie was more pop during her Idol run with some Country twang, Kellie and Bucky didn't make it all the way to the finals, but in Scotty I saw real hope that an authentic Country singer could win for the first time. I really watched for him too all season although I'd of still watched had he not been on it, as I have never missed an episode. But Scotty was the answer to my wish, wanting to see a young artist sing traditional Country week after week and then win. I never thought it'd happen til I saw Scotty sing "Baby lock them doors.." and I was like OMG it could happen this year, and it did! This year I'm watching as a casual fan again like I did the prior season. With Scotty it was more personal and serious, now its just watching in fun.

This post has been edited by ctryfan1980: Feb 17th 2012, 8:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
fedfan1
post Feb 17th 2012, 8:30 PM
Post #797

QUOTE(mm99 @ Feb 17th 2012, 8:25 PM) *

Isn't he the one that sang with Richie?? I think his name is Jermaine?

I think the guy that sang with Richie was that church singer, but I don't really remember. I always have a hard time keeping track of who is who at this stage (unless they stand out in some way, of course)

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Feb 17th 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #798

The guy that was born without ears left after the first round in Hollywood. I don't thin we even saw him sing after the audition.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
hoa_teca
post Feb 17th 2012, 9:17 PM
Post #799

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Feb 17th 2012, 8:29 PM) *

For all 10 seasons I watched Idol, I always wanted a real traditional Country singer to break thru. Carrie was more pop during her Idol run with some Country twang, Kellie and Bucky didn't make it all the way to the finals, but in Scotty I saw real hope that an authentic Country singer could win for the first time. I really watched for him too all season although I'd of still watched had he not been on it, as I have never missed an episode. But Scotty was the answer to my wish, wanting to see a young artist sing traditional Country week after week and then win. I never thought it'd happen til I saw Scotty sing "Baby lock them doors.." and I was like OMG it could happen this year, and it did! This year I'm watching as a casual fan again like I did the prior season. With Scotty it was more personal and serious, now its just watching in fun.

wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mc_lisa
post Feb 17th 2012, 9:18 PM
Post #800

I do not like any of them, sad.gif

maybe if the jury chooses the 24 ... unsure.gif

I like some voices but they need "it" ermm.gif

every week better secure their performances, but not yet

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

247 Pages V « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 26th 2014, 12:26 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol