Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Countdown to Haley's 1st Single
Thom0065
post Feb 26th 2012, 3:15 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

QUOTE(JMT @ Feb 2nd 2012, 2:54 PM) *

Hmmm. I think my countdown timer accounts for the leap year. But the extra day does SUCK sad.gif

A quick calculation in Excel (to confirm) gives me -27.5055 (Pacific).

Different from other Idols, Haley's Journey is much more of a marathon than a sprint out of the gate ... so a few days here or there is inconsequential ... think about it, how did the fast out of the gate work for James and Pia ... Haley and Interscope are taking the long view and I, for one, am good with that ...

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 26th 2012, 3:15 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

JMT
post Feb 26th 2012, 3:28 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(Thom0065 @ Feb 26th 2012, 3:15 PM) *

Different from other Idols, Haley's Journey is much more of a marathon than a sprint out of the gate ... so a few days here or there is inconsequential ... think about it, how did the fast out of the gate work for James and Pia ... Haley and Interscope are taking the long view and I, for one, am good with that ...

So true. Even though we're still some time away from her single and then the full album, at least we have lately been getting more and more Haley to listen to and watch. We now have a relative Haley-Bounty, compared to those two 'dark' periods we had to endure: end of Idol to the Tour, then end of Tour to BICO. I'm sure all Haliens are now counting their blessings. I know I am...

--------------------
+Quote Post
fover10
post Feb 26th 2012, 3:52 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(JMT @ Feb 26th 2012, 3:28 PM) *

So true. Even though we're still some time away from her single and then the full album, at least we have lately been getting more and more Haley to listen to and watch. We now have a relative Haley-Bounty, compared to those two 'dark' periods we had to endure: end of Idol to the Tour, then end of Tour to BICO. I'm sure all Haliens are now counting their blessings. I know I am...

And, when you think about it, there's been virtually nothing going on with the other Idols. Haley seems to be the center of attention right now, planned or otherwise.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Thom0065
post Feb 26th 2012, 4:00 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(fover10 @ Feb 26th 2012, 3:52 PM) *

And, when you think about it, there's been virtually nothing going on with the other Idols. Haley seems to be the center of attention right now, planned or otherwise.

I think that the very capable hands of Interscope probably had something like this in mind ....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Himm2
post Feb 26th 2012, 9:52 PM
Post #45

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

QUOTE(fover10 @ Feb 26th 2012, 4:52 PM) *

http://cartermatt.com/12410/%E2%80%98ameri...and-more-video/

Scotty McCreery reads across America: Scotty may be a huge international success, but he still feels that education is important to long term success. McCreery has not only applied to go to college to continue his education, but he has also joined forces with NCAE to celebrate ‘Read Across America 2012’. Scotty visited NCAE where he posed for photos with the Cat in the Hat and sang for fans. He said; “It was fun — and for a great cause. When the 7-foot Cat in the Hat entered the room, I was like ‘whoa!’ – it was so awesome to be standing next to a character from the Dr. Seuss books and see it come to life. Everyone reads his books growing up — I certainly did.” Check out the video below of Scotty and the Cat in the Hat as they celebrate ‘Read Across America 2012.’

Lauren Alaina takes a tumble: Lauren has been on tour with country superstar Jason Aldean and during her performance last night she took a tumble. She shared the news of her fall with her fans on Twitter, saying; “I fell on stage tonight! Who’s surprised?!?! Hahahaha.”

James Durbin speaks out on bullying: James has had a lot of obstacles to overcome in his life and one of them was being bullied. Now that he’s a rock star he wants to use his celebrity status to try and help educate others on bullying, so recently spoke to the students at Los Coyotes middle school about bullying and the long term effects it can have on people. He posted a few messages on his Twitter account about his time at the school and said: “Talking to the students of Los Coyotes Middle School about bullying. Hanging with the kids after the rally! Don’t be a bully! Be a STAR!!!”

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fover10
post Feb 26th 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #46

QUOTE(Himm2 @ Feb 26th 2012, 9:52 PM) *

http://cartermatt.com/12410/%E2%80%98ameri...and-more-video/

Scotty McCreery reads across America: Scotty may be a huge international success, but he still feels that education is important to long term success. McCreery has not only applied to go to college to continue his education, but he has also joined forces with NCAE to celebrate ‘Read Across America 2012’. Scotty visited NCAE where he posed for photos with the Cat in the Hat and sang for fans. He said; “It was fun — and for a great cause. When the 7-foot Cat in the Hat entered the room, I was like ‘whoa!’ – it was so awesome to be standing next to a character from the Dr. Seuss books and see it come to life. Everyone reads his books growing up — I certainly did.” Check out the video below of Scotty and the Cat in the Hat as they celebrate ‘Read Across America 2012.’

Lauren Alaina takes a tumble: Lauren has been on tour with country superstar Jason Aldean and during her performance last night she took a tumble. She shared the news of her fall with her fans on Twitter, saying; “I fell on stage tonight! Who’s surprised?!?! Hahahaha.”

James Durbin speaks out on bullying: James has had a lot of obstacles to overcome in his life and one of them was being bullied. Now that he’s a rock star he wants to use his celebrity status to try and help educate others on bullying, so recently spoke to the students at Los Coyotes middle school about bullying and the long term effects it can have on people. He posted a few messages on his Twitter account about his time at the school and said: “Talking to the students of Los Coyotes Middle School about bullying. Hanging with the kids after the rally! Don’t be a bully! Be a STAR!!!”

I saw that report after I posted my comment, but IMO those reports are only fillers to let their fans know they are still around. When you compare that to this:

Last Saturday night (Feb 18) Haley Reinhart, Slash and Myles Kennedy performed an acoustic version of the Rolling Stones’ classic “Wild Horses” for the Keep Memory Alive “Power of Love” benefit gala to celebrate Muhammad Ali’s 70th birthday...

And when you consider it was watched by millions of people around the world, then I'd have to say Haley wins this round Hands Down!

This post has been edited by fover10: Feb 26th 2012, 11:32 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Feb 26th 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #47

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(fover10 @ Feb 26th 2012, 8:30 PM) *

I saw that report after I posted my comment, but IMO those reports are only fillers to let their fans know they are still around. When you compare that to this:

Last Saturday night (Feb 18) Haley Reinhart, Slash and Myles Kennedy performed an acoustic version of the Rolling Stones’ classic “Wild Horses” for the Keep Memory Alive “Power of Love” benefit gala to celebrate Muhammad Ali’s 70th birthday...

And when you consider it was watched by millions of people around the world, then I'd have to say Haley wins this round Hands Down!

Scotty and Lauren have been on big events nationally televised as well, and non stop since the tour. "Watched" might be a stretch, I would likely say "exposed to", just because I'm not sure they all "watched" her as intently as we did. Haley has only just begun her roll out, it was a good, big step in her career, but I try to be cautiously optimistic about this first step.

At the very least she got the attention of those who follow Slash and Myles, and many rock fans, which is a market that's largely been untapped since WIAWSNB. She has the fans she has, now it's about breaking down the genres and expanding her market.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JMT
post Feb 27th 2012, 1:24 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(Tusk @ Feb 26th 2012, 11:45 PM) *

Scotty and Lauren have been on big events nationally televised as well, and non stop since the tour. "Watched" might be a stretch, I would likely say "exposed to", just because I'm not sure they all "watched" her as intently as we did. Haley has only just begun her roll out, it was a good, big step in her career, but I try to be cautiously optimistic about this first step.

At the very least she got the attention of those who follow Slash and Myles, and many rock fans, which is a market that's largely been untapped since WIAWSNB. She has the fans she has, now it's about breaking down the genres and expanding her market.

I think we're at the point where everything about Haley's "roll out" is now being carefully controlled and set-in-motion by Interscope/19. And I think they're doing a stellar job. Obviously they knew that many smart phones would be pointed at Haley during her FREE performance, and that it would almost certainly be immediately posted on the web. Notice how quickly the radio station's official HD version of the performance was posted to get a much higher quality version out there-- to build the excitement. Doesn't seem like an accident to me. Her WASTED TEARS HD version has NOT be posted IMO because the time isn't right-- and the studio version will be much, much different from the acoustic version.

Playing at the Ali gig gets Haley added exposure to a wider casual audience. And jamming with two rock stars with serious credibility will certainly gain her more fans from that genre. While I think we all assume that Haley will sing on Idol very close to the release of her single, I'm not so sure that's best strategy. Radio stations aren't going to spin FREE just because she sang it on Idol. They will only if it's good and if Interscope pushes them hard. Seems to me Haley will get more "buzz" if her single is getting some nice airplay (can we hope moving up the charts) and THEN she sings it live the first time on Idol. I think that would help Idol's ratings, also, as they could advertise her appearance a week or so beforehand. Casual Idol viewers would then more likely recognize it and her.

Haley's got to be pleased with the way things turned out for her since the end of Idol. She deserves it and she's earned it. I'm so happy Interscope placed their faith in her.

This post has been edited by JMT: Feb 27th 2012, 1:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Himm2
post Feb 27th 2012, 8:12 AM
Post #49

you can count on Haley singing "Free" on Idol the day it's officially released.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Feb 27th 2012, 8:13 AM
Post #50

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(Himm2 @ Feb 27th 2012, 8:12 AM) *

How do you know this? shocked.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Himm2
post Feb 27th 2012, 8:15 AM
Post #51

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Feb 27th 2012, 9:13 AM) *

How do you know this? shocked.gif

My lips are sealed...although they get a bit loose at times.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fover10
post Feb 27th 2012, 8:30 AM
Post #52

QUOTE(Tusk @ Feb 26th 2012, 11:45 PM) *

The point I was trying to make was that there was a lull in news on the other idols during this past week when Haley was making her breakout news, which seems like a perfectly planned scenario for Haley.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Himm2
post Feb 27th 2012, 8:54 AM
Post #53

QUOTE(fover10 @ Feb 27th 2012, 9:30 AM) *

The point I was trying to make was that there was a lull in news on the other idols during this past week when Haley was making her breakout news, which seems like a perfectly planned scenario for Haley.

I think Tusk & I were reinforcing your point that Scotty, Lauren & James are now doing mundane things while Haley is being launched into the spotlight with full thrusters.
Scotty doing a Cat in the Hat thing, Lauren falling on stage and James talking about bullies.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JMT
post Feb 27th 2012, 9:49 AM
Post #54

QUOTE(Himm2 @ Feb 27th 2012, 8:12 AM) *

Interesting....so now we just need to know the definition of 'third week of March". grin.gif Still mulling that one over. THANKS.

--------------------
+Quote Post
satchvai
post Feb 27th 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #55

Fav. King's X (Doug Pinnick)

Start tweeting/facebook commenting your local radio stations now. A simple "I'd love to hear this next month with her name/song title and link to the YouTube 104.3 performance' will do.
Start promoting this thing. but DO NOT SPAM!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mercfan3
post Feb 27th 2012, 1:11 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(Himm2 @ Feb 27th 2012, 8:54 AM) *

I think Tusk & I were reinforcing your point that Scotty, Lauren & James are now doing mundane things while Haley is being launched into the spotlight with full thrusters.
Scotty doing a Cat in the Hat thing, Lauren falling on stage and James talking about bullies.

I've got to say, Scotty McCreery impresses the heck out of me.

He wins American Idol, he breaks records in sales. And he's got enough sense to go "I'll never get a chance to have my senior year of highschool again" and he tries to go. And now he's applying to colleges. (Which, I'm sure he can do both college and make music/appearances)

The kid has his priorities right.

--------------------
IPB Image
Great Things Come In Small Packages
+Quote Post
Rader
post Feb 27th 2012, 7:22 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(mercfan3 @ Feb 27th 2012, 11:11 AM) *

I've got to say, Scotty McCreery impresses the heck out of me.

He wins American Idol, he breaks records in sales. And he's got enough sense to go "I'll never get a chance to have my senior year of highschool again" and he tries to go. And now he's applying to colleges. (Which, I'm sure he can do both college and make music/appearances)

The kid has his priorities right.

I feel the same way, Scotty has had his head on straight from the start. He seem like a bright guy, a nice person and I think he will do well in this world. Getting a good education will help his writing skills and music.

I am not much of a country music fan but I still think Scotty would be wise to put a Scotty,Haley duet on one of his future albums. Best wishes for your future whatever you decide Scotty.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JMT
post Feb 27th 2012, 8:03 PM
Post #58

This is great, but doesn't help us peg the official release date:

Interscope Promotion ‏ @INTERSCOPEPROMO
@HaleyReinhart will perform #Free on 90210 . The air date is 3/28

I assume they'll be showing her official single video.

--------------------
+Quote Post
figure8
post Feb 27th 2012, 8:08 PM
Post #59

QUOTE(JMT @ Feb 27th 2012, 9:03 PM) *

This is great, but doesn't help us peg the official release date:

Interscope Promotion ‏ @INTERSCOPEPROMO
@HaleyReinhart will perform #Free on 90210 . The air date is 3/28

I assume they'll be showing her official single video.

Could well be, but unless the video uses 90210 as the backdrop, kinda doubt it.

Most likely integrated into the show in some way
(showing her in nightclub or background "sing over" (vignettes of her singing in the background), etc.)

Two reasons: one 90210 often integrates performers directly into the show.
Two, the tweet says "perform" "on" which implies to me that she'll be part of the show (though the 1st tweet also said "Hailey" and says the 28th) as opposed to "see" "on" which could imply either.

This post has been edited by figure8: Feb 27th 2012, 8:15 PM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JMT
post Feb 27th 2012, 8:15 PM
Post #60

QUOTE(figure8 @ Feb 27th 2012, 8:08 PM) *

Could well be, but unless the video uses 90210 as the backdrop, kinda doubt it.

Most likely integrated into the show in some way
(showing her in nightclub or background "sing over" (vignettes of her singing in the background), etc.)
Two reasons: one 90210 often integrates performers directly into the show.
Two, the tweet says "perform" "on" which implies to me that she'll be part of the show (though the 1st tweet also said "Hailey" and says the 28th) as opposed to "see" "on" which could imply either.

Even better. Another opportunity to see Haley in a different vein.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 6:27 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol