Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Season 4 News, No Spin-Off
angelj1884
post Jan 15th 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Group: IDF SYTYCD Journalist

Fav. SYTYCDA3: Kieran McMahon
Fav. SYTYCD10: Alan Bersten

QUOTE(DJRnold @ Jan 15th 2012, 11:02 AM) *

Who says she won't? I feel like what Ryan Murphy is going to do is follow the lives of the graduates wherever they are while also following whats going on at McKinley.

That could happen but even so I don't trust the writers to do a good job keeping the show cohesive with so many storylines in different places. If they aren't going to do the characters and storylines justice I think I would prefer that they let them go.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 15th 2012, 12:27 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

druth8x
post Jan 15th 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #42

Group: Members

There are only so many outside the school lives you can follow even with good writers. and even with only say 6 GLEE members still on the team. B/c with every outside story you need to introduce at least one character whether it be Finn's boss, Rachel's teachers and or classmates/competition. And that's just 2 of the returning seniors. If they can go from being a joke writing cast to actually focus on life after GLEE club for various members while still keeping a functioning GLEE club on the show that will deserve them an Emmy for their writing staff. Now, what they could do is turn this into a docudrama and truly follow the GLEE cast and leave the GLEE club and school setting behind completely....which they may just do for season 5. And follow the GLEE members as they go after their dreams and of course this means different jobs most being in Lima and some getting schools in different cities and b/c college isn't free jobs there as well. It would change the dynamic of the show on it's head and be more adult. But with the ratings going down and SMASH poised to take it's spotlight, and with GLEEKS loving the original GLEE cast Seniors and Juniors and with 7 year contracts that some of the cast members have, this could be just what the doctor ordered to turn this ship around and make it worth 10+mil viewers again.

Something to think about. And not dismiss so readily.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LightYears
post Jan 15th 2012, 7:21 PM
Post #43

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. XFUK8: Little Mix

QUOTE(angelj1884 @ Jan 15th 2012, 11:27 AM) *

That could happen but even so I don't trust the writers to do a good job keeping the show cohesive with so many storylines in different places. If they aren't going to do the characters and storylines justice I think I would prefer that they let them go.

Definitely agree with this. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Jan 18th 2012, 2:50 AM
Post #44

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

I'm so confused as to how Kurt is a senior because I could have sworn that Blaine was supposed to be a year older than him when he was first introduced roll2.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 18th 2012, 3:03 AM
Post #45

yeah and besides the fact that Blaine seems way older.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MissXulia
post Jan 18th 2012, 3:12 PM
Post #46

QUOTE(Treefroggiefreak @ Jan 18th 2012, 5:50 AM) *
I'm so confused as to how Kurt is a senior because I could have sworn that Blaine was supposed to be a year older than him when he was first introduced roll2.gif
IKR? In the land of Glee..these things happen. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Diana
post Jan 20th 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #47

IPB Image

Seems like Dianna Agron's done with Glee after season 3. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
minime
post Jan 20th 2012, 7:55 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(*Diana @ Jan 20th 2012, 11:46 AM) *

IPB Image

Seems like Dianna Agron's done with Glee after season 3. sad.gif

This kinda makes me sad because I used to love Quinn so much, but the writers don't even know what to do with the character anymore so Quinn not being in season 4 makes sense. And I did get the feeling like Dianna wants to move on to something else.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LightYears
post Jan 20th 2012, 8:02 PM
Post #49

I don't blame Dianna at all for wanting to move on given how much the writers have already effed up Quinn several times over. I can only wish the rest of the cast move on as well so I can be free from this crappy TV show. ph34rwave.gif

This post has been edited by LightYears: Jan 20th 2012, 11:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Jan 21st 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #50

Yeah that was basically a given. She is a senior. There's only so many post seniors lives they can follow. They have been doing a horrible job with her on the show for awhile now.

I loved her character but the newer stuff was just not her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MissXulia
post Feb 15th 2012, 2:56 PM
Post #51

Yeah I do feel sad she's leaving but at the same time her storyline got so screwed up so many times it's sort of a good thing that the character overall was able to grown from everything and move on with her life...

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Feb 26th 2012, 2:20 AM
Post #52

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

QUOTE(MissXulia @ Feb 15th 2012, 2:56 PM) *

Yeah I do feel sad she's leaving but at the same time her storyline got so screwed up so many times it's sort of a good thing that the character overall was able to grown from everything and move on with her life...

Agreed. I feel like giving her such a huge storyline from day one is where they went wrong tbh. I mean, her pregnancy was the first big deal of the series if I remember correctly, and that lasted through season 1. But once the baby was born and given to Shelby, they struggled a lot with her. They kind of ignored her for awhile, then she went a little psycho, then went rebel, back to normal visually but still a little off her rocker, and now she's back on the Cheerios, happy, and going to Yale, but in who knows what condition after what happened in the last episode sad.gif They have done a lot with her, but it hasn't been all that cohesive. no.gif

I'm not even going to lie though...I liked her enough when it premiered, even though she was kind of a b*tch, then I liked her when she first went rebel. It was something new and intriguing. Then when she went crazy and tried to get the baby back, I didn't like her at all, and now we are back to square one where I like her and hope she doesn't get killed off.

If she wants to leave, it's understandable. And if they don't want to renew her contract then that's also understandable. She wouldn't have a relevant/interesting storyline after she graduates anyways...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
*Diana
post Apr 9th 2012, 1:17 PM
Post #53

IPB Image

Fox Renews Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope
Fox is jumping on the early renewal bandwagon, ordering a fourth season of Glee, a second season of New Girl and a third season of Raising Hope.
“Over the past season, New Girl has become the hottest new appointment series for young adults; Raising Hope has established itself as one of the smartest and most unique offbeat comedies on television; and Glee has continued its success as a genre-defying, global cultural phenomenon,” said Fox president Kevin Reilly. “All three of these comedies add a fresh and distinctive flavor to our Tuesday nights, and I’m really happy to bring them back to our air next season.”

http://tvline.com/2012/04/09/fox-renews-gl...-girl-season-2/

w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Apr 9th 2012, 3:23 PM
Post #54

Fav. Person: Dianna Agron

I really hope Dianna leaves. She deserves better. The writers do NOT know what to do with Quinn, and I want to see Dianna on new things and not be tied down to this show.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
LightYears
post Apr 9th 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(krazykelli @ Apr 9th 2012, 2:23 PM) *

I really hope Dianna leaves. She deserves better. The writers do NOT know what to do with Quinn, and I want to see Dianna on new things and not be tied down to this show.

yes.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Diana
post Apr 10th 2012, 4:32 PM
Post #56

It seems like Dianna has confirmed she will be back

Now it seems like she's not coming back wacko.gif

This post has been edited by *Diana: May 3rd 2012, 6:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Diana
post May 14th 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #57

Sarah Jessica Parker is returning to the small screen next fall for the first time since her Sex and the City days via a multiple-episode guest stint on Glee. Additionally, Kate Hudson will join the cast for a six-episode arc.
Parker will allegedly play a mentor to Chris Colfer’s Kurt, while details on Hudson’s character remain under wraps.
Meanwhile, Fox president Kevin Reilly confirmed Monday morning on a conference call with reporters that the Thursday-bound musical comedy will adopt a “show-within-a-show” format next season as it juggles McKinley High life and Rachel and Kurt’s Big Apple NYADA adventures.
Regarding the show’s move to Thursday night, Reilly said the inherent compatibility between Glee and X Factor/American Idol made it a “win-win.”

Glee Season 4 Scoop: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Hudson Book Season 4 Guest Stints

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lackey
post Jun 21st 2012, 1:39 PM
Post #58

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Singer: Allison Iraheta

So Kurt does get to NY? unsure.gif

--------------------
Idol 10: Haley, James, Casey
Idol 11: JESSICA, Skylar, Hollie, Elise, DeAndre, Phillip
IPB Image

Check out my movie review blog!
+Quote Post
minime
post Jul 4th 2012, 7:15 PM
Post #59

Not sure if I should post this here or in the spoiler thread but anyways:

Glee Scoop: Everybody (Yes, Everybody!) Returning for Season Four

Fox has confirmed to us that every single Glee cast member from season three will be returning in season four in some way, shape or form. And get this...someone is on their way to being promoted to a series regular!

Ryan Murphy has said that he had invited everybody to come back to Glee for season four, and it looks like the entire cast has taken him up on that offer. Dianna Agron, Heather Morris, Naya Rivera, Darren Criss, Mark Salling, Chris Colfer, Amber Riley, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz, and Harry Shum Jr. are all set to return. The gang will be joining Lea Michele and Cory Monteith for what is being called a "revolutionary" fourth season of the Fox hit.

But wait, the kids aren't the only ones getting in on the Glee season four action! Matthew Morrison, Jane Lynch and Jayma Mays will also be back. You didn't think Murphy and Co. would deprive us of that Wemma wedding, did you?

Wondering about our favorite big-lipped blonde babe Chord Overstreet? Well, according to Deadline, he's not only returning to Glee, but he is in talks to be upgraded to a series regular. Maybe he'll be the new leader of New Directions. Time to start speculating!

Of course, some cast members will be in more episodes than others, but for now, let's just enjoy the fact that everyone from Rachel to Quinn will be back on Glee next season! Or if you're upset about all these people returning, you know where to go to complain about that. See you down in the comments!

Source: http://ca.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kris...4#ixzz1zhbN4fft

This post has been edited by minime: Jul 4th 2012, 7:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minime
post Jul 5th 2012, 2:37 PM
Post #60

New interview with Lea, Naya and Kevin
'Glee' Season 4: Could Santana Join Rachel in NYC? Hope for Brittana? Will Artie Step Up? The Cast Sounds Off
Lea Michele, Naya Rivera and Kevin McHale talk with THR about the burning questions heading into the new season of the Fox musical.

Could Rachel meet a familiar face on the East Coast when Glee's fourth season returns in the fall? What will happen to Brittany and Santana's relationship now that the poor class president has to stay behind and repeat her senior year at McKinley?

The Glee Season 3 finale confirmed that Rachel (Lea Michele) is headed East with Finn (Cory Monteith) enlisting in the Army and going his own way, while Brittany (Heather Morris) with a GPA of 0.0 is stuck at McKinley to repeat her senior year as her girlfriend Santana (Naya Rivera) was given the support and cash to follow her dreams of stardom.

With so many of members of New Directions graduating -- goodbye to Rachel, Finn, Kurt (Chris Colfer), Puck (Mark Salling), Mercedes (Amber Riley), Quinn (Dianna Agron), Mike (Harry Shum Jr.) and Santana -- who will step up to lead the group in search of a Nationals victory?

The Hollywood Reporter turned to stars Michele, Rivera and Kevin McHale (Artie) to answer some of the many burning questions facing the series as it prepares for its fourth season with stories set in both New York and Ohio.

How many episodes will everyone be doing?
All 15 cast members are confirmed to return in some capacity, while it's still unclear just how many episodes the swelling ensemble cast will appear in. Michele, who notes she's more excited about Glee's fourth season than any previous edition of the series, confirms her role as a series regular and that she'll be doing every single episode next season. "I've spoken with Ryan and I know my character's entire arc for the whole season, and it's incredibly exciting," she enthuses.Rivera notes she'll be "a big part" of Season 4 and McHale says Artie will be around "quite a bit."

Rachel and Finn parted ways literally and figuratively at the end of Season 3. Is there hope for the couple?
"Anything is possible. I think it's exciting to see them apart. But you never know with Glee what's going to happen," Michele teases. "The stuff happening next year is really exciting; when I sit down and talk with [EP Ryan Murphy] about story lines for next year, they're so exciting and so different."

Now that Santana has her mother's blessing (and cash!), will she follow through and ditch a cheerleading scholarship at the University of Louisville and head to the Big Apple?
Michele certainly hopes that's the case. "[Rivera] and I were begging [Murphy], 'We want to work together more and want Rachel and Santana to be in New York together,'" Michele says. "We're still not certain where exactly Santana is going to end up but she has the golden ticket to New York City." Adds Rivera: "If Santana goes to New York she absolutely would have a relationship with Rachel and they'd either be friends, enemies or frenemies -- or all three." Notes Michele: "I really hope that it pans out because I think it would be so exciting to see Rachel get a knock on her door from Santana and just be like, 'Can we live together?' We'll have to see what happens."

What could Santana's NYC experience be like?
"If she ends up going to New York, Santana will attack it head-on but probably run into a lot of issues because there's a lot of aggressive people in New York just like her," Rivera says with a laugh. "She has rivals where ever she goes."

Kurt and Blaine met all sorts of gay kids (Sebastian, Unique, the putz from the music store) but Brittany and Santana haven't met any other lesbians. What gives?
We asked Rivera if Santana could meet some like-minded ladies when and again if she heads East and while the actress notes it's still early, she's optimistic about the option to expand the character's circle of friends. "I haven't heard anything about it but I think that'd be inevitable for Santana just because she and Brittany were very sheltered," she says. "That was the focus: They lived in Ohio and they were the only out and proud lesbians at the end in the school. But now that Santana is out in the real word, I'm sure she will go exploring and find other people who are just like her."

Brittany is stuck repeating her senior year at McKinley but is there hope for her relationship with Santana?
While writers have only just begun breaking stories for Season 4, Rivera has high hopes for Brittana's lasting love -- regardless of whether or not they stay together. "Obviously she's not in high school anymore so there is separation there. I don't know what [potentially moving to New York] will mean for her. The writers really have to hash that out but it's now entering into a long-distance type relationship," she notes. "I think that Brittany will always be Santana's first love. Whether or not they end up together, she'll always have a special place in her heart for Brittany. I don't think that they will ever not be in each other's lives."

How big of a role will Artie have now that New Directions has lost so many members?
"There's definitely going to be a lot of people missing," McHale tells THR of the season that will see stories set at both McKinley High and in New York. "We'll have to step up our game. It's still the same old Glee but when characters aren't in the same scene you're used to seeing them in, it's definitely still going to be a little different. Artie is one of the few seniors and I think he, Blaine [Darren Criss], Tina [Jenna Ushkowitz] and Brittney [Heather Morris] will have some stepping up to do to lead the new team. I'm excited to see him strive to be a leader."

How soon until Glee tackles Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"? What songs of summer would the cast like to see pop up in scripts?
"That would not surprise me at all if that happened," McHale says when asked if the song could show up in the premiere. "I imagine somebody will do the new Katy Perry song ["Wide Awake"]. I'd love to do 'Otis' by Jay-Z and Kanye West. I love that song." Says Rivera: "I love Maroon 5's new song and Flo Rida and Sia's 'Wild One.'"

Glee's fourth season returns Thursday, Sept. 13 on Fox. Hit the comments with what you want to see.

source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...n-mchale-344664

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 19th 2014, 8:57 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol