Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good news in Adam Lambert forum at IDF!
glamberts
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:51 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Thank you Marie for all you do. We love you. heart.gif

--------------------
Adam and Queen - AWESOME[/size][/b][b][i][font=Arial Black][size=7]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:51 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

tbert
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:52 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 8th 2012, 12:19 PM) *

We all know that Adam is special and doesn't like to be confined to playing 'inside the box'... Well here at IDF, the same holds true.

Typically, Idol contestants' threads dwindle down to nothing or, at best, have some minimal traffic on their forums... not so for Adam. His forum has remained strong in 'views' and in its large community. Most days, Adam's traffic is greater than the sum total of ALL other forums combined, except during the AI seasons of course.

So because of its popularity, Adam's forum has been afforded some special privileges. The creation of the two sub-forums: "Adam Lambert Tours/Concerts" and "Adam Lambert Events/Appearances" is just one example. Having gotten permission to have more than the standard 'maximum' two sticky threads in that section ("All the News at a Glance" and "Treasure Chest of Links") is another example.

Adam's forum here at IDF is considered one of the best 'go-to' places to find organized, up-to-date information and in that vein I asked for a new 'special privilege'... and it worked!

Every forum at IDF has a "Consolidated Sticky" thread in the 'sticky' section (above Forum Topics). This thread is reserved for mods and is always locked down. Well, although I am not a mod, I have been given permission to add a post to that thread (so, YAY!) which will give everyone quick access to the "Official" threads which, at times, can become confusing or may roll off the front page.

I have organized this post by first listing Adam's two albums and their relevant threads and then listed the rest alphabetically. I hope you will find this a useful tool and I look forward to adding to it for many years to come!

So go check it out!!!!

P.S. I am NOT linking it, because I want everyone to get familiar with how to access it.

Thank so much for all your efforts to keep this forum "rocking" thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jan 8th 2012, 6:15 PM
Post #23

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(adamazing @ Jan 8th 2012, 12:32 PM) *

And the reason it's such a good place to go and get Adam information is due to all the hardworking skanks like you Marie!!!!

Thanks to all of you technical people who are able to make staying on top (yeah I typed it haha.gif) of the Adam storms so easy and enjoyable!

We can never thank you enough. heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif

I would like to echo this too wub.gif

Thanks Marie for all you do and to all the Skanks who bring and post about our beloved Adam wub.gif

So happy I found you all.....has been so much fun following along the Adam journey with you all wub.gif

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Jan 8th 2012, 5:16 PM) *

Nesting Instinct
Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.

Madam, we are all eagerly awaiting the bundle of joy that is due in March I hope the daddy will someday know all you have done to make a lovely home for young master Trespassing.

Awwww wub.gif Very sweet.....thanks Marie huggy.gif

I hope the next time you meet Adam he gives you a BIG hug and BIG ol' kiss huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
bridgette12
post Jan 8th 2012, 6:28 PM
Post #24

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

huggy.gif All of us don't say it enough, but you are an amazing person and were thankful for all the things you do on Adam's forum.

--------------------
+Quote Post
fangurl1964
post Jan 8th 2012, 8:05 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 8th 2012, 3:25 PM) *

roll2.gif

"Sticky" stuff is the part above "Forum Topics". There are four threads there. Those four threads are ALWAYS VISIBLE, they never fall off the page because nobody is posting in them. They're 'stuck' in that part of the screen. What's amazing is that every forum is allowed TWO such threads and one of them is ALWAYS the mods-only "Consolidated Sticky".

So we're speshhhuuullll, coz we've got FOUR stickied threads and I was allowed to put up a post in the mod-only thread!

I think you are the one who is speshhhhuuuulllll Marie huggy.gif haha.gif You keep this whole place sane, you really do thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Lambskank #541

~ Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Jan 8th 2012, 8:34 PM
Post #26

I'll echo all these sentiments. Thank you Marie. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tiki'srose
post Jan 8th 2012, 9:47 PM
Post #27

I hope you know how much we love and appreciate everything you do for us here. heart.gif If it wasn't for you, this forum for Adam wouldn't be what it is and I am sure most of us here feel like we are coming home everytime we log in and it's the same feeling when sometimes we only have time to lurk for a minute or two when RL gets in the way.

Thank you Marie for all your time, effort and the hard work that you put into keeping this forum so well organized, and up to date. huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stardust1213
post Jan 9th 2012, 1:31 AM
Post #28

Thank you so much Marie for ALL the work you do here in Adamland! Our hearts are full of happiness!

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
StardustGlamour1
post Jan 9th 2012, 1:55 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(Tiki'srose @ Jan 8th 2012, 6:47 PM) *

I hope you know how much we love and appreciate everything you do for us here. heart.gif If it wasn't for you, this forum for Adam wouldn't be what it is and I am sure most of us here feel like we are coming home everytime we log in and it's the same feeling when sometimes we only have time to lurk for a minute or two when RL gets in the way.

Thank you Marie for all your time, effort and the hard work that you put into keeping this forum so well organized, and up to date. huggy.gif

yes.gif
Besides all the work you do... your steady, positive presence and posting feels like the good glue that helps bind us all together. Well, and then there's that guy named Adam too. original.gif
I mean...for heaven's sake ... I'm on west coast time and I see you up all hours of the night your time posting tweets for us and such. Dedication and love for Adam to the max!
Thank you. huggy.gif

--------------------
Glambert #1903
+Quote Post
LambertFever
post Jan 9th 2012, 3:51 AM
Post #30

Yeah this is good news but I'm going to complain....

Why does Carrie Underwood get 7 "Sub-forums" and Adam gets only 2?

Sure Carrie currently sells more than Adam but last I checked Adam gets discussed WAY MORE OFTEN and has way more users online in his forum than any of the other "idol showcase" idols COMBINED!

This is a forum after all and considering Adam's section BY FAR has the most traffic of any of the idol contestants he at least deserves as many sub-forums as Carrie to help it be more organized!

Sorry but way does Carrie get 7 sub-forums when that forum only has 274,808 posts?

Meanwhile Adam has 2 sub-forums when his forum has 865,506 posts!

Fair???

--------------------
+Quote Post
bridgette12
post Jan 9th 2012, 5:54 AM
Post #31

QUOTE(LambertFever @ Jan 9th 2012, 2:51 AM) *

Sure Carrie currently sells more than Adam but last I checked Adam gets discussed WAY MORE OFTEN and has way more users online in his forum than any of the other "idol showcase" idols COMBINED!

This is a forum after all and considering Adam's section BY FAR has the most traffic of any of the idol contestants he at least deserves as many sub-forums as Carrie to help it be more organized!

Sorry but way does Carrie get 7 sub-forums when that forum only has 274,808 posts?

Fair???

haha.gif I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think Adam has enough for right now and with all of the exciting things coming up in the near future, if they added any more sub-forums, I would be in this forum 24/7. I'm not going to complain, I think it's great.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jan 9th 2012, 7:53 AM
Post #32

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(LambertFever @ Jan 9th 2012, 3:51 AM) *

Fair???

This was my complaint. I thought we should have an off-topic forum, where we didn't have to cram everything into one off-topic thread, and all threads about his family.friends and shipping threads could go, just to get this place more organized, but I guess that's not possible.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
sunrise123
post Jan 9th 2012, 5:50 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(Tiki'srose @ Jan 8th 2012, 9:47 PM) *

Tiki - you and the others have all said this so much better than I could.

Marie, you are VERY SPECIAL; immensely hard-working and dedicated, hilarious, thoughtful and very caring. This forum is incredibly well organized and easy to navigate - I think they should recruit you professionally to sort out Adam Official!!!! It's very much down to you (and some other very talented people here) that this site is STILL so popular , long after Adam finished on American Idol. Kelly and Carrie obviously are huge stars, but clearly people don't come to IDF to discuss them.

Thank you flowers.gif and huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jan 9th 2012, 6:06 PM
Post #34

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(sunrise123 @ Jan 9th 2012, 5:50 PM) *

Tiki - you and the others have all said this so much better than I could.
Marie, you are VERY SPECIAL; immensely hard-working and dedicated, hilarious, thoughtful and very caring. This forum is incredibly well organized and easy to navigate - I think they should recruit you professionally to sort out Adam Official!!!! It's very much down to you (and some other very talented people here) that this site is STILL so popular , long after Adam finished on American Idol. Kelly and Carrie obviously are huge stars, but clearly people don't come to IDF to discuss them.

Thank you flowers.gif and huggy.gif

Yes. I agree with your sentiment.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
JazzRocks
post Jan 9th 2012, 8:20 PM
Post #35

Great news! :-D
Congrats madamimadam and thanks for all you do. :-)

--------------------
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Jan 9th 2012, 8:26 PM
Post #36

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. "It ain't that deep"

MARIE...

Adam said to tell you

"YOU ROCK"!

--------------------
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post Jan 9th 2012, 9:12 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 8th 2012, 12:19 PM) *

We all know that Adam is special and doesn't like to be confined to playing 'inside the box'... Well here at IDF, the same holds true.

Typically, Idol contestants' threads dwindle down to nothing or, at best, have some minimal traffic on their forums... not so for Adam. His forum has remained strong in 'views' and in its large community. Most days, Adam's traffic is greater than the sum total of ALL other forums combined, except during the AI seasons of course.

So because of its popularity, Adam's forum has been afforded some special privileges. The creation of the two sub-forums: "Adam Lambert Tours/Concerts" and "Adam Lambert Events/Appearances" is just one example. Having gotten permission to have more than the standard 'maximum' two sticky threads in that section ("All the News at a Glance" and "Treasure Chest of Links") is another example.

Adam's forum here at IDF is considered one of the best 'go-to' places to find organized, up-to-date information and in that vein I asked for a new 'special privilege'... and it worked!

Every forum at IDF has a "Consolidated Sticky" thread in the 'sticky' section (above Forum Topics). This thread is reserved for mods and is always locked down. Well, although I am not a mod, I have been given permission to add a post to that thread (so, YAY!) which will give everyone quick access to the "Official" threads which, at times, can become confusing or may roll off the front page.

I have organized this post by first listing Adam's two albums and their relevant threads and then listed the rest alphabetically. I hope you will find this a useful tool and I look forward to adding to it for many years to come!

So go check it out!!!!

P.S. I am NOT linking it, because I want everyone to get familiar with how to access it.

And you know this is why I am here......That and all the wonderful friends I have made. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Screengems
post Jan 10th 2012, 7:48 PM
Post #38

Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

This is really wonderful, have enjoyed being here for many years look forward to having another year here, thank you Madam for your hard work huggy.gif

Now I think this forum should be at 1 million posts, we can get there sometime this year? stuart.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
frank1088
post Jan 10th 2012, 7:58 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(fangurl1964 @ Jan 8th 2012, 8:05 PM) *

I think you are the one who is speshhhhuuuulllll Marie huggy.gif haha.gif You keep this whole place sane, you really do thumbsup.gif

Yes, Marie, you keep this place up to date, organized, sane and just a little insane (the way we all like it)! flowers.gif heart.gif huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Feb 3rd 2012, 4:48 PM
Post #40

To be honest too many sub forums can have a negative effect. Do you all remember when we first added the two new ones? The main board became dead and everyone got very confused.

I think it works well as it is now, especially with the new addition that Marie detailed. Just my opinion of course. bleh.gif

This post has been edited by Little Bee: Feb 3rd 2012, 4:49 PM

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 24th 2014, 6:08 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol