Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good news in Adam Lambert forum at IDF!
madamimadam
post Jan 8th 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

We all know that Adam is special and doesn't like to be confined to playing 'inside the box'... Well here at IDF, the same holds true.

Typically, Idol contestants' threads dwindle down to nothing or, at best, have some minimal traffic on their forums... not so for Adam. His forum has remained strong in 'views' and in its large community. Most days, Adam's traffic is greater than the sum total of ALL other forums combined, except during the AI seasons of course.

So because of its popularity, Adam's forum has been afforded some special privileges. The creation of the two sub-forums: "Adam Lambert Tours/Concerts" and "Adam Lambert Events/Appearances" is just one example. Having gotten permission to have more than the standard 'maximum' two sticky threads in that section ("All the News at a Glance" and "Treasure Chest of Links") is another example.

Adam's forum here at IDF is considered one of the best 'go-to' places to find organized, up-to-date information and in that vein I asked for a new 'special privilege'... and it worked!

Every forum at IDF has a "Consolidated Sticky" thread in the 'sticky' section (above Forum Topics). This thread is reserved for mods and is always locked down. Well, although I am not a mod, I have been given permission to add a post to that thread (so, YAY!) which will give everyone quick access to the "Official" threads which, at times, can become confusing or may roll off the front page.

I have organized this post by first listing Adam's two albums and their relevant threads and then listed the rest alphabetically. I hope you will find this a useful tool and I look forward to adding to it for many years to come!

So go check it out!!!!

P.S. I am NOT linking it, because I want everyone to get familiar with how to access it.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 8th 2012, 12:19 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

loveroftalent
post Jan 8th 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 8th 2012, 12:19 PM) *

We all know that Adam is special and doesn't like to be confined to playing 'inside the box'... Well here at IDF, the same holds true.

Typically, Idol contestants' threads dwindle down to nothing or, at best, have some minimal traffic on their forums... not so for Adam. His forum has remained strong in 'views' and in its large community. Most days, Adam's traffic is greater than the sum total of ALL other forums combined, except during the AI seasons of course.

So because of its popularity, Adam's forum has been afforded some special privileges. The creation of the two sub-forums: "Adam Lambert Tours/Concerts" and "Adam Lambert Events/Appearances" is just one example. Having gotten permission to have more than the standard 'maximum' two sticky threads in that section ("All the News at a Glance" and "Treasure Chest of Links") is another example.

Adam's forum here at IDF is considered one of the best 'go-to' places to find organized, up-to-date information and in that vein I asked for a new 'special privilege'... and it worked!

Every forum at IDF has a "Consolidated Sticky" thread in the 'sticky' section (above Forum Topics). This thread is reserved for mods and is always locked down. Well, although I am not a mod, I have been given permission to add a post to that thread (so, YAY!) which will give everyone quick access to the "Official" threads which, at times, can become confusing or may roll off the front page.

I have organized this post by first listing Adam's two albums and their relevant threads and then listed the rest alphabetically. I hope you will find this a useful tool and I look forward to adding to it for many years to come!

So go check it out!!!!

P.S. I am NOT linking it, because I want everyone to get familiar with how to access it.

Thanks for information...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jan 8th 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

THAT'S AWESOME! Congrats, Marie! It's something that we've needed for a long time.

Now, if only we could get an off-topic sub-forum, where threads about his friends/family and shipping threads could go, as well as our off-topic stuff, that would be sweet. haha.gif

This post has been edited by Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life: Jan 8th 2012, 12:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jan 8th 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Jan 8th 2012, 12:30 PM) *

THAT'S AWESOME! Congrats, Marie! It's something that we've needed for a long time.

Now, if only we could get an off-topic sub-forum, where threads about his friends/family and shipping threads could go, as well as our off-topic stuff, that would be sweet. haha.gif

Not a chance! Do you have any idea the hoops we had to jump through to get the existing sub-forums?

roll2.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
adamazing
post Jan 8th 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #5

And the reason it's such a good place to go and get Adam information is due to all the hardworking skanks like you Marie!!!!

Thanks to all of you technical people who are able to make staying on top (yeah I typed it haha.gif) of the Adam storms so easy and enjoyable!

We can never thank you enough. heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jan 8th 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 8th 2012, 12:32 PM) *

Not a chance! Do you have any idea the hoops we had to jump through to get the existing sub-forums?

roll2.gif

Yeah, yeah, I know. Wishful thinking. haha.gif

Would be nice to have a spot where we don't have to cram all off-topic stuff into one thread, you know?

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jan 8th 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(adamazing @ Jan 8th 2012, 12:32 PM) *

And the reason it's such a good place to go and get Adam information is due to all the hardworking skanks like you Marie!!!!

Thanks to all of you technical people who are able to make staying on top (yeah I typed it haha.gif) of the Adam storms so easy and enjoyable!

We can never thank you enough. heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif flowers.gif heart.gif

I agree that this forum is the gem that it is thanks to so many Skanks who bring in the photos/videos/articles/etc. And then there are those Skanks who dedicate themselves to keeping us organized as far as numbers/stats/adds/spins/sales/etc. Bless their number-geek little hearts!

But above all, it is the community here that makes it so special to me. We vary in so many ways and yet we have all found the common ground that is Adam.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Jan 8th 2012, 1:39 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 8th 2012, 10:19 AM) *

So go check it out!!!!

This is really great! .... Thanks so much, Marie....... flowers.gif

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post
sealuv
post Jan 8th 2012, 1:40 PM
Post #9

weird double post....deleted.......

This post has been edited by sealuv: Jan 8th 2012, 1:42 PM

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
+Quote Post
MissA
post Jan 8th 2012, 1:44 PM
Post #10

Great!! I love this forum. It's full of wonderful people!! MUAH!!! huggy.gif heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
♥JM♥
post Jan 8th 2012, 2:10 PM
Post #11

Marie: I don't even know who are those other mods/ much less admins.

I think when looking around...vintage rose, istersay...not sure if I got the name right...but the point is, they're hardly here, they're strangers to me, which I guess is a good thing because it shows that we have no problems.

And then there's YOU.

You are interested and invested to this place (you care), to all things Adam and you know most of the posters here (I think. wink.gif ) and you post.

So if anyone should be given full mod's rights to this place, that should be you.

I mean: you are FINE.Whatever you do here.

heart.gif

This post has been edited by ♥JM♥: Jan 8th 2012, 2:17 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Jan 8th 2012, 2:39 PM
Post #12

What JM said!!!

Madam: huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
- Signature created by ♥JM♥
+Quote Post
frank1088
post Jan 8th 2012, 2:47 PM
Post #13

Thank you so much Marie huggy.gif . Although I know not what any of this sticky stuff means, it sounds wonderful!

--------------------
+Quote Post
svca
post Jan 8th 2012, 2:55 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(frank1088 @ Jan 8th 2012, 11:47 AM) *

Thank you so much Marie huggy.gif . Although I know not what any of this sticky stuff means, it sounds wonderful!

Hah, you are me! I read Marie's post and I'm like, what the heck is she talking about?

Ok, I better go investigate!

Thanks, Madam, in advance.
huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jan 8th 2012, 3:25 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(frank1088 @ Jan 8th 2012, 2:47 PM) *

roll2.gif

"Sticky" stuff is the part above "Forum Topics". There are four threads there. Those four threads are ALWAYS VISIBLE, they never fall off the page because nobody is posting in them. They're 'stuck' in that part of the screen. What's amazing is that every forum is allowed TWO such threads and one of them is ALWAYS the mods-only "Consolidated Sticky".

So we're speshhhuuullll, coz we've got FOUR stickied threads and I was allowed to put up a post in the mod-only thread!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
marlock276
post Jan 8th 2012, 3:35 PM
Post #16

Thanks Marie! huggy.gif

--------------------
"Adam Lambert...the modern edgy artist with an old rock soul."~~Eddie Trunk, American music historian, radio personality, talk show host, and author
+Quote Post
svca
post Jan 8th 2012, 3:36 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 8th 2012, 12:25 PM) *

roll2.gif

"Sticky" stuff is the part above "Forum Topics". There are four threads there. Those four threads are ALWAYS VISIBLE, they never fall off the page because nobody is posting in them. They're 'stuck' in that part of the screen. What's amazing is that every forum is allowed TWO such threads and one of them is ALWAYS the mods-only "Consolidated Sticky".

So we're speshhhuuullll, coz we've got FOUR stickied threads and I was allowed to put up a post in the mod-only thread!

Just checked it out, I'm never up there, lol. That's very cool, keeps everything visible.

And yes, we are special. I visit some of the other forums sometimes and they're pretty dead usually. Ours is about to get even busier.

Go Adam, honey!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
frank1088
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:07 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jan 8th 2012, 3:25 PM) *

roll2.gif

Oh thanks! I never visit the stickies! My new years resolution haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:16 PM
Post #19

Nesting Instinct
Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.

Madam, we are all eagerly awaiting the bundle of joy that is due in March I hope the daddy will someday know all you have done to make a lovely home for young master Trespassing.

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:17 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Jan 8th 2012, 5:16 PM) *

Nesting Instinct
Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.

Madam, we are all eagerly awaiting the bundle of joy that is due in March I hope the daddy will someday know all you have done to make a lovely home for young master Trespassing.

AWWWW! crying.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 18th 2014, 12:38 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol