Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Time to Push Higher Than Heaven
Naira
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:15 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 8th 2012, 5:08 PM) *

It must be remembered that there are differences between James and most other Idol alum. James is on an indie label and is not tied to 19R, his contract is most likely quite different to others. And when did Creed or Emily Osment last have a hit, yet Wind-up didn't drop them.

True. We also don't know what the new management is expecting from their artists and what long term plans they have for Wind Up.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:15 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

stooch
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:20 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 8th 2012, 5:08 PM) *

It must be remembered that there are differences between James and most other Idol alum. James is on an indie label and is not tied to 19R, his contract is most likely quite different to others. And when did Creed or Emily Osment last have a hit, yet Wind-up didn't drop them.

Well with Alter Bridge around I'm not sure if Creed still exists other than in name only. I serious doubt he be dropped, but I think he's gotta be promoted as a Rock Artist and in that format first yes.gif

This post has been edited by stooch: Jan 8th 2012, 5:21 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:26 PM
Post #23

A legitimate concern has just been raised at one of the FB groups. If James' performance of LMB on Conan is less than stellar it could cost him the opportunity to tour with that BIG NAME he's in negotiations with.

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 8th 2012, 5:33 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 8th 2012, 5:26 PM) *

A legitimate concern has just been raised at one of the FB groups. If James' performance of LMB on Conan is less than stellar it could cost him the opportunity to tour with that BIG NAME he's in negotiations with.

A very true concern, I love James but if I have pick out a weakness it can be his lower register, if he struggles that's usually where he does, he can also sing great down there, but he's young and I think still trying to master it. His upper register, with a song where he comes out wailing are always awesome, that's his comfort zone, so why take the chance with LMB and play to his stength, the power vocal w00t.gif thumbsup.gif yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 8th 2012, 6:00 PM
Post #25

So it's settled? He'll perform LMB for sure?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 8th 2012, 6:06 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 8th 2012, 6:00 PM) *

So it's settled? He'll perform LMB for sure?

I think so but I'm still gonna voice my opinion about playing HTH on Conan, if they don't listen so be it atleast we tried crying.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 8th 2012, 6:16 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 8th 2012, 6:06 PM) *

I think so but I'm still gonna voice my opinion about playing HTH on Conan, if they don't listen so be it atleast we tried crying.gif

Labels rarely listen, but with a new team in place, maybe they're gathering info and suggestions. Anyway, at least they'll perform LMB full band electric like it's supposed to be performed. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 8th 2012, 6:29 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 8th 2012, 6:16 PM) *

Labels rarely listen, but with a new team in place, maybe they're gathering info and suggestions. Anyway, at least they'll perform LMB full band electric like it's supposed to be performed. original.gif

Somehow that still doesn't make me smile no.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 8th 2012, 6:38 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 8th 2012, 6:29 PM) *

Somehow that still doesn't make me smile no.gif haha.gif

haha.gif

I just saw that Dylan retweeted your HTH/Conan tweet. I guess we're not the only ones thinking they should perform HTH instead of LMB... fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 8th 2012, 7:05 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 8th 2012, 6:38 PM) *

haha.gif

I just saw that Dylan retweeted your HTH/Conan tweet. I guess we're not the only ones thinking they should perform HTH instead of LMB... fear.gif

haha.gif are you sure I'm trying to find it thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 8th 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 8th 2012, 6:38 PM) *

haha.gif

I did find it I forgot I had added @archernation in one of my tweets, nice to know where the boys stand on it haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 9th 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #32

Now that there's word that SU is going to get more promo (the vid will debut on VEVO and ESPN on 24th Jan) I suggest a new strategy:

Back SU instead of LMB or more (i.e. MUCH more) than LMB. This will ensure that HTH succeeds SU as the 2nd single as I doubt they'll do the dual single thing the 2nd time around. They're trying to see where James sells the most and steer him in that direction afterwards. If we want it to be rock, we must ensure that SU is more successful than LMB. It's a harder market to crack and far less lucrative, but I doubt James wants to be just another HAC alum who failed to crack the rock market.

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 9th 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 9th 2012, 12:13 PM) *

Now that there's word that SU is going to get more promo (the vid will debut on VEVO and ESPN on 24th Jan) I suggest a new strategy:

Back SU instead of LMB or more (i.e. MUCH more) than LMB. This will ensure that HTH succeeds SU as the 2nd single as I doubt they'll do the dual single thing the 2nd time around. They're trying to see where James sells the most and steer him in that direction afterwards. If we want it to be rock, we must ensure that SU is more successful than LMB. It's a harder market to crack and far less lucrative, but I doubt James wants to be just another HAC alum who failed to crack the rock market.

This was always my preferred strategy from the start, for the simple reason that labels rarely switch singles once they're released. Our only chance was with the new team in place, but now that both LMB and Stand Up are charting, we can kiss HTH goodbye. crying.gif

HAC isn't as "respected" a format as Rock or Top 40, and I don't think James artistic ambitions involve being an HAC artist, so Stand Up seems to me the logical one to push. The video will be awesome I'm sure, and I'm praying we're finally entering the Stand Up promo days because I believe the whole fanbase can get behind that single now that LMB is here to stay.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 11th 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #34

This is Why Higher Than Heaven nee's to be released as a single

w00t.gif thumbsup.gif whistling.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 11th 2012, 8:06 PM
Post #35

^So awesome! crying.gif

And he even does a great job with the acoustic version of that song. I was shocked at how good it sounded in the latest video from their last gig. Can't find the link anymore, maybe someone can post it.

Question: there were only 2 videos, one of HTH, and one of Screaming. Did he sing anything else? If so, where are the rest of the videos? Thanks. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 11th 2012, 8:33 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 11th 2012, 8:06 PM) *

^So awesome! crying.gif

And he even does a great job with the acoustic version of that song. I was shocked at how good it sounded in the latest video from their last gig. Can't find the link anymore, maybe someone can post it.

Question: there were only 2 videos, one of HTH, and one of Screaming. Did he sing anything else? If so, where are the rest of the videos? Thanks. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 11th 2012, 8:55 PM
Post #37

Thanks! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 12th 2012, 1:13 PM
Post #38

I found the rest of videos for that night. Turns out they didn't perform LMB at all. fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 12th 2012, 1:40 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 12th 2012, 1:13 PM) *

I found the rest of videos for that night. Turns out they didn't perform LMB at all. fear.gif

DurbinRockJames Durbin

Look out for "Love Me Bad" tonight on Conan! It's gonna sound a little different than you're used to hearing it! He'll yeah!

Looks like they changed it up, interesting to see what they do with it. w00t.gif fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 12th 2012, 1:44 PM
Post #40

Haha! We both posted the same thing at the same time... tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 17th 2014, 1:58 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol