Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

58 Pages V « < 52 53 54 55 56 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reed Grimm Fan Thread
ygen
post Mar 3rd 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #1061

Group: Members

QUOTE(Merrill @ Mar 3rd 2012, 2:53 AM) *

I read an article in Reeds hometown newspaper that said the judges basically effed with him the whole results show before finally basically admitting they never planned to let him through, they just wanted to see him perform one last time. Is that true? I missed most of the show so I have no idea; I'm afraid it'll be too heartbreaking to watch back.

do you have a link or a post?

i have a feeling that the article was just partly referring to the first half where Reed, Creighton and Aaron where called together but then none of them made it.

and then yes, the judges did say during the show that they wanted to see him again. so i think this is not some new news.

im kind of curious though what happened after the show. hope to read some interviews from him, his plans, etc.

This post has been edited by ygen: Mar 3rd 2012, 12:14 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 3rd 2012, 12:11 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Merrill
post Mar 3rd 2012, 6:19 PM
Post #1062

Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze
Fav. Artist: Guy Sebastian

I should take a picture and show y'all what it looks like. Also, I was thinking of starting a Reed Grimm support group on fb if there isn't one already.

If they did change the rules so that semi finalists could return, do you think he would?

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit to leevic
+Quote Post
hannahdotcom
post Mar 3rd 2012, 8:21 PM
Post #1063

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. BB14: Ian Terry

QUOTE(Merrill @ Mar 3rd 2012, 6:19 PM) *

I should take a picture and show y'all what it looks like. Also, I was thinking of starting a Reed Grimm support group on fb if there isn't one already.

If they did change the rules so that semi finalists could return, do you think he would?

are they actually thinking about changing that? that would be interesting. but i can't imagine that he'd come back... i can't imagine many people wanting to return unless they were desperate to try to get famous.

--------------------
IPB Image
survivor faves: S. Fishbach, R. Cesternino, J. Cochran, A. and V. Baskauskas, C. Haskell
idol faves: B. Lewis, D. Archuleta, K. Allen; bb faves: E. Stein, I. Terry, W. Kirby, A. Herren
+Quote Post
hannahdotcom
post Mar 4th 2012, 1:07 AM
Post #1064

can i just weep over the fact that all the forums for top 13 have been created & our reedro doesn't have one (like he should)?

omg lolololololol i just looked at the forums & i think my favorite is jermaine's. yup, he's going FAR. tongue.gif (watch.. he'll probably make top 5-6 now....awk....) (i mean he doesn't even have a fan thread......awk....)

--------------------
IPB Image
survivor faves: S. Fishbach, R. Cesternino, J. Cochran, A. and V. Baskauskas, C. Haskell
idol faves: B. Lewis, D. Archuleta, K. Allen; bb faves: E. Stein, I. Terry, W. Kirby, A. Herren
+Quote Post
jork
post Mar 4th 2012, 1:14 AM
Post #1065

Reed's obviously best in a band. There are options: 1) He can get his band Shoeless Revolution into X Factor and sell even more of whatever integrity he has left, or 2) I noticed that his band mates Aaron Marcellus, Creighton Fraker, Jen Hirsh, and Nick Boddington were all eliminated anyway, maybe he should re-team up with Groovesauce and enter X Factor there. It's like creating a manufactured group, just that you've done it before Simon put you in one.

--------------------
IPB Image
TPTB Manipulation Blog Zabala sucks
+Quote Post
Idol Maniac
post Mar 4th 2012, 1:18 AM
Post #1066

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13: Alex & Jena

Elise & Reed Fan Thread...

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=682975

--------------------
AI1 (2002): Kelly Clarkson, Tamyra Gray AI2 (2003): Kimberley Locke, Joshua Gracin AI3 (2004): Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson AI4 (2005): Carrie Underwood, Vonzell Solomon AI5 (2006): Katharine McPhee, Elliott Yamin, Chris Daughtry AI6 (2007): Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis AI7 (2008): David Cook, David Archuleta, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns AI8 (2009): Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta AI9 (2010): Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus AI10 (2011): Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano AI11 (2012): Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Elise Testone AI12 (2013): Candice Glover, Kree Harrison, Angela Miller AI13 (2014): Jena Irene Asciutto, Alex Preston, Jessica "Jess" Meuse, Sam Woolf, Malaya Watson
+Quote Post
Yvetta
post Mar 4th 2012, 1:25 AM
Post #1067

I miss Reed!! *sigh

--------------------
+Quote Post
ailaalive
post Mar 4th 2012, 8:06 PM
Post #1068

Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. AI10: Brett Loewenstern

Reed's exit interview was so fantastic. I can't get over it. I was shocked at how serious, positive, artful, soulful, just everything he was. Such a great guy. ugh. I love his crazy performer side, but it's so nice to see him be a real person with a real soul. I love that side of him so much. Like this weekend, when I posted a video on youtube of the poem I wrote for/about him and he RT'd it and responded to me. His response made me so happy. He just has a way of making people feel... more alive. I don't know what it is, but I'm glad I found him this year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hannahdotcom
post Mar 4th 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #1069

just cried watching reed's exit interview. he's such an inspiration. always so happy and optimistic, i just love him so so much ...arrr

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ygen
post Mar 4th 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #1070

QUOTE(jork @ Mar 4th 2012, 1:14 AM) *

Reed's obviously best in a band. There are options: 1) He can get his band Shoeless Revolution into X Factor and sell even more of whatever integrity he has left, or 2) I noticed that his band mates Aaron Marcellus, Creighton Fraker, Jen Hirsh, and Nick Boddington were all eliminated anyway, maybe he should re-team up with Groovesauce and enter X Factor there. It's like creating a manufactured group, just that you've done it before Simon put you in one.

1. correct me if i'm wrong but are bands (like one vocalist + instrumentalists) even allowed in X-Factor? i always got the impression that they require everyone from the group to sing/harmonize. i don't think Shoeless Revolution fits the bill

2. this one is more feasible but groups aren't exactly big in the US. so that's just like adding only a couple of minutes of exposure haha.gif

QUOTE(ailaalive @ Mar 4th 2012, 8:06 PM) *

Reed's exit interview was so fantastic. I can't get over it. I was shocked at how serious, positive, artful, soulful, just everything he was. Such a great guy. ugh. I love his crazy performer side, but it's so nice to see him be a real person with a real soul. I love that side of him so much. Like this weekend, when I posted a video on youtube of the poem I wrote for/about him and he RT'd it and responded to me. His response made me so happy. He just has a way of making people feel... more alive. I don't know what it is, but I'm glad I found him this year.

i haven't seen this yet. seems like it's blocked from my office haha. i'll be sure to check this one out when i get home.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hannahdotcom
post Mar 5th 2012, 2:38 AM
Post #1071

QUOTE(ygen @ Mar 4th 2012, 11:16 PM) *

i haven't seen this yet. seems like it's blocked from my office haha. i'll be sure to check this one out when i get home.

it's def worth it. he exit interview made me soooo happy grin.gif so inspirational, that reed!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ygen
post Mar 5th 2012, 9:18 AM
Post #1072

Reed just tweeted this 23 minutes ago:

Reed Grimm ‏ @RGrimmAI11
For all the Twin Cities area #Grimmlins I'll be on Fox 9 during the buzz in an hour. Tune in if you can~

anyone from the twin cities here? i guess he'll be having an interview with their local Fox. maybe someone from his area can tell us what he'll be saying there grin.gif

This post has been edited by ygen: Mar 5th 2012, 9:18 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ygen
post Mar 5th 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #1073

okay so i think i was able to catch Reed's interview from the Fox 9 livestream. it was a very short interview probably about 5 minutes long, the interviewers asked him about his idol experience particularly during the presentation/eliminations for the top 13.

Reed was being his usual happy/giddy self during the interview haha.gif

i guess the takeaway i had from that interview was when he was asked what he wants to do now after Idol

first he mentioned about wanting to write music as he had done before with his band

the second thing he mentioned is about trying to venture into acting which he used to do in high school (i guess he was referring to the high school plays he did before and a couple of commericials)

now this one im not sure if i heard it correctly but he mentioned about getting some offers here and there, he didn't specify what kind of offers though, if it's music or acting-related or if it's something just local to his area or maybe bigger. i think he said he's just trying to take it all in and see where those options may lead him. then the interviewers told him to strike while the iron is hot.

This post has been edited by ygen: Mar 5th 2012, 11:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ladyjudith
post Mar 5th 2012, 2:53 PM
Post #1074

I found a video of Reed's interview with Fox!
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/morning...idol-mar-5-2012

He looks wonderful and seems excited for his future! I'm happy that he's optimistic.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Merrill
post Mar 5th 2012, 7:30 PM
Post #1075

His exit interview was so beautiful, and so poised. I don't think they have any idea what they let slip away, and it's so painful for me to try and absorb it and "let it go" as Reed said.

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit to leevic
+Quote Post
ailaalive
post Mar 5th 2012, 9:40 PM
Post #1076

Hey everyone!

I'm working on a project for Reed. It's gonna be a scrapbook. Basically you can put whatever you want - a message about how he inspired you or how cool he is (haha) or how talented he is, a drawing, a joke, whatever you want. be creative!

here's the link with the official information for the project/gift. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g98et5

--------------------
+Quote Post
Screengems
post Mar 6th 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #1077

Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

heart.gif

This post has been edited by Screengems: Mar 6th 2012, 12:34 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Merrill
post Mar 6th 2012, 3:05 AM
Post #1078

QUOTE(ailaalive @ Mar 5th 2012, 6:40 PM) *

Hey everyone!

I'm working on a project for Reed. It's gonna be a scrapbook. Basically you can put whatever you want - a message about how he inspired you or how cool he is (haha) or how talented he is, a drawing, a joke, whatever you want. be creative!

here's the link with the official information for the project/gift. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g98et5

I'd be down for that.

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit to leevic
+Quote Post
ailaalive
post Mar 6th 2012, 5:10 AM
Post #1079

QUOTE(Merrill @ Mar 6th 2012, 3:05 AM) *

I'd be down for that.

awesome! if you know any more Reed fans, please let them know! I've told a lot of people about it on twitter but the more people we can get the better it'll be. I want to overwhelm Reed with love. (;

--------------------
+Quote Post
DragonBahamut
post Mar 6th 2012, 7:13 AM
Post #1080

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(ailaalive @ Mar 6th 2012, 10:40 AM) *

Hey everyone!

Awesome. I'll check it out later. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
WGWG for the win! Phillip Phillips
Fave: BGT2012 - The Amazing Sam Kelly Youtube
David Archuleta's new song: Forevermore

When my dragons are grown, they will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me. We will lay waste to armies and we will burn cities to the ground. Turn us away and we will burn you first. ~ daenerys targaryen ~
+Quote Post

58 Pages V « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 1st 2014, 3:13 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol