Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite Scotty AI Moments, Long live season 10
amc
post Jan 1st 2012, 8:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Dexter/Sam/Alex

So season 11 is almost here, but we will never forget season 10. Thought we could post our favorite Scotty memories, quotes, comments, etc. to try to relive the season a little because even though Scotty's on to bigger and better things, it will be a little depressing to watch idol every week and not see him.

I'll never forget this duet and how awestruck I was (and still am) every time I watch it. In a season full of wonderful moments, this was one of the very best. Even my friend who was not a Scotty fan said he deserved to win after watching this performance. I should've favorited the tweet, but she said something like "Now I finally get it." Such a powerful song and performance. Scotty more than held his own with a huge country superstar heart.gif

This is long clip, but Scotty sings part of Born to be Wild at the beginning (and sounds amazing. Wish he could've heard him sing the whole song! Then if you skip to about 6:57, Scotty trying to do a British accent wub.gif

The Viva La Vida performance, which I felt was Scotty's best group performance and a moment when he showed the world he could sing more than just country

The idols imitating Scotty. Personally I think Haley and Stefano are the funniest with the eyebrow raising haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 1st 2012, 8:32 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

milkywayx
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:02 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI7: David Cook

THAT DUET WAS PHENOMENAL. heart.gif

& I was surprised that he sounded the best during Viva La Vida.
The imitation was hilarious! haha.gif

--------------------
ROCK THIS NIGHT ❤
make a little noise, country girls and boys.
+Quote Post
jailbelle
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI9: Casey James

There were so many!

This little snippet of Green, Green Grass sure left me wanting to hear Scotty do the whole song.

Loved Scotty's reactions during this segment with Gordon Ramsay too:

haha.gif

This post has been edited by jailbelle: Jan 1st 2012, 9:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
NCMom
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:11 PM
Post #4

Thank you amc! Really enjoyed those. Wow, I have to admit I peeked in at the GD for AI11 and it just seems like a weak start. But, nothing can beat the debut of Scotty to the world like AI10, so good luck to 11, really hope the 11 forum gets more positive about 11 and less negative about 10. Thanks for the reminder amc heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:29 PM
Post #5

Group: NX Subscribers

Gotta be honest -- I used to skip a lot of the group numbers. Most of them were not great...and Scotty wasn't utilized enough. But I agree the Coldplay song was Scotty's best.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
NCMom
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:43 PM
Post #6

The Coldplay song was great for a group performance! I gotta admit, I loved Swingin! wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Idolizer24
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:51 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI7: David Cook

I enjoyed when he sang "Gone" during top five week. He really cranked up the energy and when he sang it on tour it seemed to be a crowd favorite. I particularly enjoyed the "Bye, bye baby" that he added at the end and his jump off the stage around the 1:15 mark.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jailbelle
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:52 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI9: Casey James

QUOTE(NCMom @ Jan 1st 2012, 8:43 PM) *

The Coldplay song was great for a group performance! I gotta admit, I loved Swingin! wub.gif

Oh yeah! I was so excited when Scotty did 'Swingin'. Always loved John Anderson's version. grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Craig Bennett
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:54 PM
Post #9

OMG, I had never heard the clip of Scotty doing Green, Green Grass of Home. That was outstanding!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ctryfan1980
post Jan 1st 2012, 9:59 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

My favorite was when he sang "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning." I'm not too emotional of a person but when he started singing that I just lost it. I did the same thing when I first saw Alan debut it on the CMAs in 2001 right after the attacks. That song has always killed me and to hear Scotty do it, then add that genious vocal emphasis on "I talk to Jesus, I talk to God" at the final chorus...I was just in shock for at least 15 minutes after the performance, I had to rewind the DVR to hear the judges comments cause I was just too stunned at what I just heard to listen to them talk after he sang. That was really the moment I thought, wow, this kid can be the Garth Brooks of his generation. Its not only just my favorite Scotty moment, ever, nor is it my favorite Idol moment, ever, its my favorite musical moment of the 20+ years I've been following Country music, even topping when I first heard Alan sing the song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #11

I think the judges might have admitted Swingin' was good....if they weren't annoyed that he sneaked into the 21st century theme by using LeeAnn's version as the source. He did a great job on it.

His brief part on the Tom Jones tribute (Green Green Grass) was highlight of that group of songs for me.

I was posting at TV without Pity during the season...and Scotty was crucified by a lot of the posters for choosing Where Were You. They called him manipulative, calculating, etc. -- and they were the kindest words. That's why I wasn't surprised when one of the regular "writers" at that site decided to go after him for the rest of the season. (That's the writer who composed the list of the worst reality moments that appeared on Yahoo.) There were a bunch of us who defended Scotty -- and praised his performance. It was an ugly time. I wonder if, when some of those haters see that performance now, do they realize how over the top they were -- and how wrong.

This post has been edited by sinycalone: Jan 1st 2012, 10:09 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
summerthyme
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Jan 1st 2012, 8:59 PM) *

My favorite was when he sang "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning." I'm not too emotional of a person but when he started singing that I just lost it. I did the same thing when I first saw Alan debut it on the CMAs in 2001 right after the attacks. That song has always killed me and to hear Scotty do it, then add that genious vocal emphasis on "I talk to Jesus, I talk to God" at the final chorus...I was just in shock for at least 15 minutes after the performance, I had to rewind the DVR to hear the judges comments cause I was just too stunned at what I just heard to listen to them talk after he sang. That was really the moment I thought, wow, this kid can be the Garth Brooks of his generation. Its not only just my favorite Scotty moment, ever, nor is it my favorite Idol moment, ever, its my favorite musical moment of the 20+ years I've been following Country music, even topping when I first heard Alan sing the song.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
NCMom
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #13

Loved that "Gone"! Like to see Scotty get wound up! He is so cute. His version is the best for me, sorry MG

--------------------
+Quote Post
lilmiss48
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(jailbelle @ Jan 1st 2012, 6:07 PM) *

There were so many!

This little snippet of Green, Green Grass sure left me wanting to hear Scotty do the whole song.

Loved Scotty's reactions during this segment with Gordon Ramsay too:

haha.gif

Luv that! haha.gif haha.gif Gordon Ramsay 2funny

QUOTE(summerthyme @ Jan 1st 2012, 7:06 PM) *

Everytime I hear that, I love it all over again. Awesome! I miss that guitar blushing.gif

--------------------
Twitter ~ @lilmissindpdnt
+Quote Post
EricR_SM_Fan
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Jan 1st 2012, 9:59 PM) *

Ditto! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
lilmiss48
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Jan 1st 2012, 7:03 PM) *

I think the judges might have admitted Swingin' was good....if they weren't annoyed that he sneaked into the 21st century theme by using LeeAnn's version as the source. He did a great job on it.

His brief part on the Tom Jones tribute (Green Green Grass) was highlight of that group of songs for me.

I was posting at TV without Pity during the season...and Scotty was crucified by a lot of the posters for choosing Where Were You. They called him manipulative, calculating, etc. -- and they were the kindest words. That's why I wasn't surprised when one of the regular "writers" at that site decided to go after him for the rest of the season. (That's the writer who composed the list of the worst reality moments that appeared on Yahoo.) There were a bunch of us who defended Scotty -- and praised his performance. It was an ugly time. I wonder if, when some of those haters see that performance now, do they realize how over the top they were -- and how wrong.

Everytime I hear Swingin' on his AI album totally glad he sang it.

As for Where Were You, I am surprised he got flack for that. I was not on the blogs and articles at the time so I did not see the comments. It is a great song, and it did not surprise me at the time that Scotty chose it. He did good.

--------------------
Twitter ~ @lilmissindpdnt
+Quote Post
Mgsolocup
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

When he first opened his mouth. I couldn't believe that voice was coming out of a 16 year old!

--------------------
Favorite Season 12 TBD
+Quote Post
NCMom
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #18

Yeah, loved the snippet of Green, green grass! So many songs I would love to hear him cover. What a voice, such intensity in his eyes and expression. Top that season 11. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
missa87
post Jan 1st 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #19

Thanks for starting this topic, amc...it's going to be a fun discussion! I agree with ctryfan1980 that Scotty's rendition of Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning was by far the best moment of the season. Nothing will top that performance for a long time to come, that's for sure. I'm like the least emotional person ever, but I definitely started to tear up when Scotty hit the emotional second chorus. I think JLo summed it up for us very well when she just sat there shaking her head and finally said "I'm in love with you." original.gif

I have to admit, though, that one of my other favorite moments of season 10 was Scotty and Lady Gaga. The interaction between Scotty and Lady Gaga was hilarious, but, possibly funnier than that, was watching Jimmy Iovine sitting beside Lady Gaga trying not to laugh when the camera was on him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Missy173001
post Jan 1st 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #20

Fav. Team McCreery #144

QUOTE(ctryfan1980 @ Jan 1st 2012, 7:59 PM) *

First amc - thanks for this thread!! What a wonderful idea. I think this will be a thread that will become like memory lane. I will cruise it often. THANKS!!!

ctryfan1980, I agree with you about being blown away with this performance. I was in the AF for 10 years and dear hubby retired. So I take military issues with our country to heart. I will never forget the week that we got Bin Laden (sp?) That Sunday night I was getting ready to go to bed when they came across the news saying the president would speak to the nation. I had to stay up even though I was suppose to get up at 4 a.m. since I was scheduled for surgery the next morning. We watched the news and just rejoiced. When Scotty sang that song I was trying so hard not to cry since it would have caused more pain after the surgery!! Then I didn't take my pain meds so that I could vote for Scotty. I figured he deserved it. When I heard him sing "I know Jesus, I talk to God!" This is around 1:40 on the video. I told my dear hubby to hold the medicine. It was like Scotty reached right through that TV screen and touched my heart. He won me for life with those words.

This post has been edited by Missy173001: Jan 1st 2012, 11:54 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Team McCreery #144
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 16th 2014, 5:20 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol