Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Congratulations James and Heidi!
satchvai
post Jan 10th 2012, 9:41 AM
Post #61

Group: Members

Fav. King's X (Doug Pinnick)

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 10th 2012, 8:34 AM) *

^Wow! I checked the Haley forum after hearing what James said about Haley and Stefano, and it was like I had entered the Twilight Zone. Instead of people being happy about the news, there was this huge uproar blaming James, some poster even saying James was making it up. Took me a while to understand there's this huge war among Haley shippers wanting either Casey or Stefano to date their girl. noexpression.gif

The most hurtful comment was about how James had sabotaged both their careers by mentioning they were dating. wacko.gif If anything, it created buzz for both of them! When they both showed up at James wedding, a wedding covered by PEOPLE MAGAZINE, weren't they ready to let the cat out of the bag anyway? We all knew James was never close to any of the girls during the season. Always hanging out with the guys. So the fact that Haley was there was pretty much a dead giveaway, and we knew Casey was going there by himself...

"Shipping" is one of those highly charged emotional things I avoid if at all possible. I'd take any comments there with a grain of salt since disappointed "shippers" are venting and being overly emotional IMO. Fortunately, Durbinators never had to live in that world because of James and Heidi being an obvious couple but I can tell you it is a black eye on the fan base and I'm sorry they attacked James.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 10th 2012, 9:41 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

durnet
post Jan 10th 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #62

LOL at the "shipping" thread, glad it was locked. Sometimes stuff like this can spiral out of control and result in the fan base being unproductive. Haley & Stefano will be releasing singles soon so the fan bases need to concentrate on that.

And about James "outing" them: granted James' Asberger's makes him blurt stuff out without thinking at times but I don't think he did anything wrong. Haley & Stefano attended the wedding as a couple and one of the biggest gossip mags covered it. IMO that shows they've reached the point where they no longer care who knows about them.

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, Björk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandé, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle Monáe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrÿche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 10th 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #63

Stefano and Haley I had no clue shocked.gif haha.gif Come on now wacko.gif

Satchvai Thanks for kind words thumbsup.gif

To other Haliens I hope we can still be friends flowers.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 10th 2012, 1:44 PM
Post #64

The photographer has uploaded the pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3...4453&type=3

Some of my faves:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, Björk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandé, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle Monáe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrÿche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 10th 2012, 6:53 PM
Post #65

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 10th 2012, 5:34 AM) *

^Wow! I checked the Haley forum after hearing what James said about Haley and Stefano, and it was like I had entered the Twilight Zone. Instead of people being happy about the news, there was this huge uproar blaming James, some poster even saying James was making it up. Took me a while to understand there's this huge war among Haley shippers wanting either Casey or Stefano to date their girl. noexpression.gif

The most hurtful comment was about how James had sabotaged both their careers by mentioning they were dating. wacko.gif If anything, it created buzz for both of them! When they both showed up at James wedding, a wedding covered by PEOPLE MAGAZINE, weren't they ready to let the cat out of the bag anyway? We all knew James was never close to any of the girls during the season. Always hanging out with the guys. So the fact that Haley was there was pretty much a dead giveaway, and we knew Casey was going there by himself...

I come from it from an angle of being perhaps a little overprotective of Haley and her potential future. I worried that this and the potential backlash from Stefano fans would give haters, and we know they are out there, fodder to spread bad information right before the biggest day of her professional life, so far. I probably over worried, but public perception is so fickle and unpredictable.

As far as Stefano, someone posted on mjs and I agree with, he seems to mostly make the news for things other than music or his career (shirtless during tour, OT bragadocia, Player, Work outs and shipping). Not unlike Pia, before the promo of "This Time", she was only in the press for her dalliances. I believe his ego wont be able to deal with someone being more successful than he and we've seen plenty examples of couples breaking up due to inequities in income. So I wondered if his mgmt status might be impacted now that, Stefano, someone who relies heavily on his physical charisma is 'off the table', so to speak. Of the already signed S10 Idols, he seems to have the steepest hill to climb as it is.

Finally, Durbin probably said what needed to be said about this entire thing, I just questioned if this is the way Haley and Stefano (his best friend) wanted to be 'outed', even though many suspected it. I don't think he did it to sabotage, like many had said, it was probably going to be made 'official' anyway. It's just that in the interview, it seemed like the essence of the statement was to say, Haley was only there because she was with Stefano (otherwise she was not invited)...He didn't have to say it that way, but then again, that's James and I guess i would rather have someone be honest than not.

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 10th 2012, 6:56 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 10th 2012, 7:18 PM
Post #66

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 10th 2012, 6:53 PM) *

I come from it from an angle of being perhaps a little overprotective of Haley and her potential future. I worried that this and the potential backlash from Stefano fans would give haters, and we know they are out there, fodder to spread bad information right before the biggest day of her professional life, so far. I probably over worried, but public perception is so fickle and unpredictable.

As far as Stefano, someone posted on mjs and I agree with, he seems to mostly make the news for things other than music or his career (shirtless during tour, OT bragadocia, Player, Work outs and shipping). Not unlike Pia, before the promo of "This Time", she was only in the press for her dalliances. I believe his ego wont be able to deal with someone being more successful than he and we've seen plenty examples of couples breaking up due to inequities in income. So I wondered if his mgmt status might be impacted now that, Stefano, someone who relies heavily on his physical charisma is 'off the table', so to speak. Of the already signed S10 Idols, he seems to have the steepest hill to climb as it is.

Finally, Durbin probably said what needed to be said about this entire thing, I just questioned if this is the way Haley and Stefano (his best friend) wanted to be 'outed', even though many suspected it. I don't think he did it to sabotage, like many had said, it was probably going to be made 'official' anyway. It's just that in the interview, it seemed like the essence of the statement was to say, Haley was only there because she was with Stefano (otherwise she was not invited)...He didn't have to say it that way, but then again, that's James and I guess i would rather have someone be honest than not.

I doubt James meant anything by it, a foot in mouth thing, she and Heidi seemed very friendly. As for Haley career she'll do fine, she strikes me as very strong and would not let herself be played. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 10th 2012, 8:19 PM
Post #67

QUOTE(satchvai @ Jan 10th 2012, 9:41 AM) *

"Shipping" is one of those highly charged emotional things I avoid if at all possible. I'd take any comments there with a grain of salt since disappointed "shippers" are venting and being overly emotional IMO. Fortunately, Durbinators never had to live in that world because of James and Heidi being an obvious couple but I can tell you it is a black eye on the fan base and I'm sorry they attacked James.

I've watched Idol since the first season, but was never into all that shipping business. Honestly, I don't even understand why the whole concept even exists lol, but that's Idol land for you. I'm glad that's one problem the durbs don't have to deal with! I hope the disappointed shippers among your fanbase will calm down.

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 10th 2012, 6:53 PM) *

Someone said Stefano's mom tweeted last month about Haley being over for Xmas. That should've given the shippers another clue. Maybe it's just me, but you don't usually invite casual acquaintances over to spend Xmas dinner with the family. Looks like all the clues had been there for months, but those who wanted Casey and Haley to be a couple were seriously in denial.

As for letting the cat out of the bag, Stefano and Haley went to the wedding as a couple, knowing People Magazine, one of the biggest gossip mags like durnet said, was covering it. They even posed as a couple in the official wedding pics above. So it seems they were ready to make their relationship public.

As for James talking about it, isn't it possible that both Haley and Stefano, or one of them, asked James to break the news? idk.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LilKitKat
post Jan 10th 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #68

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 10th 2012, 8:19 PM) *

As for letting the cat out of the bag, Stefano and Haley went to the wedding as a couple, knowing People Magazine, one of the biggest gossip mags like durnet said, was covering it. They even posed as a couple in the official wedding pics above. So it seems they were ready to make their relationship public.

As for James talking about it, isn't it possible that both Haley and Stefano, or one of them, asked James to break the news? idk.

Oh stop it! You're making way too much sense! bleh.gif bleh.gif And being WAY TOO logical. Don't you know logic is not for the bubble? haha.gif haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 11th 2012, 9:14 PM
Post #69

QUOTE(LilKitKat @ Jan 10th 2012, 11:38 PM) *

Oh stop it! You're making way too much sense! bleh.gif bleh.gif And being WAY TOO logical. Don't you know logic is not for the bubble? haha.gif haha.gif

haha.gif So nice to see you're back! We missed you! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 17th 2012, 9:01 PM
Post #70

QUOTE(figure8 @ Jan 17th 2012, 5:41 PM) *

James Durbin on Life After 'American Idol' & Are Haley Reinhart & Stefano Langone Really Dating?

So Haley Reinhart, Stefano Langone and Casey Abrams were all at your wedding. We hear Haley and Stefano are officially dating now?

Oh, I don't know about that.

We heard you said that they were in an interview.

Well, that's what I thought [laughs.] I couldn't tell you.

Do you think that they would make a good couple?

Maybe.They're both good singers so I don't see why not.

Is it true that Casey was late to your wedding?

Casey was 18 1/2 minutes late, so we held the wedding. He couldn't find his way. He should have gotten to the chapel early, and he couldn't find it. He was driving around looking for it for 2 hours. Whatever we said to try and help him, he said no [laughs].

Are you happy that all three of them now have record deals, too?

I am! I am very happy for Stefano and I am very happy for Casey. Haley has had hers for a while. I think she got hers right off the bat.

Would you ever want to work with them?

Yeah, perhaps. There is something about clashing styles probably. We're all completely different. If anything, I would dive in on something with Casey. I'm a big fan of old blues rock singers, and I used to be in jazz choir for a while. We wanted to sing a song together on tour, but it didn't happen.

I'm thinking James was asked to do some 'backtracking'

When the news broke, that Stefano was dating Haley, and James 'outed' them, I posted how i thought that phone call would go:

I really think this is not going to be treated well by Haley and Stefano...I can imagine the call to James:

James: "James, here"
Stefano: "Duuude....? noexpression.gif "
James: "Wha....? confused.gif "
Stefano: "Dude...... no.gif "
James: "Dude..?....Ooooh....Dude. blushingwave.gif
Stefano "Dooood....." duh.gif
James: "....Dude! I mean...Dude... rolleyes.gif "
Stefano: "Dude!! Seriously? Dude?" huh.gif
James: "Well, Dude... noexpression.gif Hey....Dude... flowers.gif "
Stefano: "sigh...Dude, Dude, Dude....." no.gif

...and then there's this to end the article:
Where do you want to be a year from now?

I want to still be doing what I love to do. I want to be playing with my whole band. No more of this acoustic s***, I'm f***ing sick of acoustics. I want to be playing music that I love. The next album, I want to write all myself. I want to be a collobarator on every single song. I want to be writing songs with my band. We want to play music that we love to play every single night. We love the music that we’re playing now, but we didn’t write it all. You don’t get that complete satisfaction when you don’t write all the songs. I was on the Idol tour so I didn’t get to write all the songs. There are other songs. That material isn’t in vain. We are still going to use it. I’d love to do a double album. I’d love to put out an EP this summer, just keep having music come out. I think that’s the brilliance of being an artist is that you’re in control of your own destiny. It’s what you do that makes you who you are.
haha.gif

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 17th 2012, 9:02 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 18th 2012, 8:17 AM
Post #71

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 18th 2012, 4:01 AM) *

I'm thinking James was asked to do some 'backtracking'

When the news broke, that Stefano was dating Haley, and James 'outed' them, I posted how i thought that phone call would go:
...and then there's this to end the article:
haha.gif

LOL at the supposed phone convo! Yip that darned Asperger's was at it again. Or maybe Stefaley broke up? I dunno. If Haley made the call how do you think it would've gone?

As for the end bit, I'm not in the least bit surprised that there is a struggle between James and his people for creative control, and I glad he's still fighting and will continue to fight for what he wants.

This post has been edited by durnet: Jan 18th 2012, 8:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 18th 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #72

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 18th 2012, 5:17 AM) *

LOL at the supposed phone convo! Yip that darned Asperger's was at it again. Or maybe Stefaley broke up? I dunno. If Haley made the call how do you think it would've gone?

As for the end bit, I'm not in the least bit surprised that there is a struggle between James and his people for creative control, and I glad he's still fighting and will continue to fight for what he wants.

James:.....'lo?, Durbin here, 'sup? huh.gif
Haley: ........Heyyyyyy, Jamezzzz, Sup buuud???... w00t.gif
James: Heidi, it's for you..... whistling.gif

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 18th 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #73

roll2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 18th 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #74

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 18th 2012, 11:22 AM) *

James:.....'lo?, Durbin here, 'sup? huh.gif
Haley: ........Heyyyyyy, Jamezzzz, Sup buuud???... w00t.gif
James: Heidi, it's for you..... whistling.gif

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 17th 2014, 7:54 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol