Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> Congratulations James and Heidi!
ClaireClassy
post Dec 31st 2011, 6:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Congratulations on your wedding day James and Heidi. May you have a long and happy life together.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 31st 2011, 6:41 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
satchvai
post Dec 31st 2011, 7:47 PM
Post #2

Fav. King's X (Doug Pinnick)

Ditto. I can't wait to see the pics!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
satchvai
post Dec 31st 2011, 9:51 PM
Post #3

People Article

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Dec 31st 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #4

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...ss-topheadlines

James Durbin Ties the Knot on New Year's Eve

By Marisa Laudadio

Saturday December 31, 2011 09:35 PM EST
James Durbin Ties the Knot on New Year's Eve | James Durbin

James Durbin sure knows how to kick off a new year.

The rocker and American Idol alum wed longtime love Heidi Lowe on New Year's Eve, Durbin's rep confirms. The couple made it official in front of 85 guests – including their 2-year-old son, Hunter, who served as ring bearer – in a chapel at the edge of a redwood forest in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

"We are so in love and happy that we got to share our special day with our closest family and friends,” the couple tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"This wedding was the perfect way to kick off the New Year. We are looking forward to living happily ever after."

Guests included Durbin's fellow Idol Season 10 alums Haley Reinhart, Stefano Langone and Casey Abrams.

Lowe and Durbin, 22, who released his debut album Memories of a Beautiful Disaster in November, plan to ring in the New Year with a reception at a local community hall that they describe as a "little bit country, little bit rock 'n roll."

One of the highlights of the night? Geoff Tate, the frontman for progressive metal band Queensr˙che, surprised the couple with a performance of his band's 1984 classic "Take Hold of the Flame" – one of Durbin and Lowe's favorite tunes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
InItToWinIt
post Dec 31st 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #5

Congrats to James, Heidi, and Hunter.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 1st 2012, 6:27 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Dec 31st 2011, 7:50 PM) *

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...ss-topheadlines
One of the highlights of the night? Geoff Tate, the frontman for progressive metal band Queensr˙che, surprised the couple with a performance of his band's 1984 classic "Take Hold of the Flame" – one of Durbin and Lowe's favorite tunes.

OK
Here's a bit of Queensryche trivia for you.
They were an up and coming band in Bellevue, Washington when and where I was growing up.
At the time Hairbands was the kind of rock that was on the radio (and New Wave thnx to MTV).
That was about the time I started to get tired of the style and started looking for the harder stuff, Judas, Maiden, Van Halen and Mettalica...and started to get into Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Schenker and Joe Satriani.
I heard alot of guff from people portraying them as kids of rich people, and Geoff Tate's parents bought them into the businenss...so didn't sound like someone I would care about. I don't know for a fact, but that was the word going round.
So because Queensryche were a local band, but a local Hair band, I didn't bother watching them at smaller venues...then they got big bleh.gif (At the time).

In other brushes with Rock fame, Scott Mercado, who helped start Candlebox as their drummer (and apparently Sky Cries Mary) Went to my High School!!
The high School had just opened and I was part of the first Freshman class. Scott was a year older, but I think he didn't come to the school 'til he was a junior.

The school just started and didn't have much of a curriculum, and that didn't include a music program. When they finally got a music program was when I knew of Scott. He was a really mellow guy, but worked like a mother on the drums. Always in the music room. He was really nice and everybody liked him...seriously no pretensions and always friendly to talk too.

What a surprise when I saw him again years after graduation...in an effing video...for effing Candlebox!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Was decent to people always, and worked his butt of at his art.

And Congrats to James, the Durbin Clan starting the year on a high note (How else would James start a year) grin.gif

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 1st 2012, 6:35 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Jan 1st 2012, 7:37 AM
Post #7

Big congrats to the happy couple and little Hunter! I'm surprised Paul wasn't there but then again, James didn't attend his wedding either, hmm... I'm not surprised Haley was there I knew she would be Stefano or Casey's date. Is she still with Stefano btw?

This post has been edited by durnet: Jan 1st 2012, 7:37 AM

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, Björk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandé, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle Monįe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensr˙che, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 1st 2012, 7:57 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 1st 2012, 4:37 AM) *

Big congrats to the happy couple and little Hunter! I'm surprised Paul wasn't there but then again, James didn't attend his wedding either, hmm... I'm not surprised Haley was there I knew she would be Stefano or Casey's date. Is she still with Stefano btw?

I'm from the camp that she's not "with" anyone, that being said, someone in the Haley Forum said that Haley went with Stefano to the wedding and that she was headed to SF to visit Stefano's grandmother. Take it for what it is.

Found this article with a Christmas Photo of the Durbin Clan original.gif
http://www.wetpaint.com/american-idol/arti...-the-knot-today
They got the facts wrong though, it said Paul was going to be there, and he wasn't, so the info is old, I haven't seen that photo before though

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 1st 2012, 8:34 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 1st 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #9

Congrats to James, Heidi, and Hunter! sorcerer.gif w00twave.gif

QUOTE(durnet @ Jan 1st 2012, 7:37 AM) *

I'm surprised Paul wasn't there but then again, James didn't attend his wedding either, hmm... I'm not surprised Haley was there I knew she would be Stefano or Casey's date. Is she still with Stefano btw?

James wanted an intimate wedding, so idk, maybe they both decided it was better for Paul and his wife not to attend because paparazzi are undoubtedly stalking his celeb wife 24/7 and would've crashed the wedding.

It was great of Geoff Tate to surprise them! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
satchvai
post Jan 1st 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 1st 2012, 11:57 AM) *

James wanted an intimate wedding, so idk, maybe they both decided it was better for Paul and his wife not to attend because paparazzi are undoubtedly stalking his celeb wife 24/7 and would've crashed the wedding.

That is a good point.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 1st 2012, 3:09 PM
Post #11

OK Here's a bit of Queensryche trivia for you.
They were an up and coming band in Bellevue, Washington when and where I was growing up.

Haley sure has a lot of Seattle area fans. I saw some on twitter the other day talking about the Husky game vs. Baylor. Tough loss. We had a party that night to watch the game. My son is a senior at UW.

Here is some Geoff Tate trivia. His mother worked at the same place I did way back when, yes I am dating myself. He wasn't that much younger than me at the time - he was 19 - but it seemed like he was to me. I was an RN and he came to the sportsmedicine clinic where I worked with stress fractures in his foot. I was helping him fit his boot and warned him that he needed to keep his boot on. He was a whippersnapper back then and told me "No way, man, we are about to have a our biggest concert ever. It will be our breakthrough. This is our biggest gig yet. I can't stomp around with that boot. It's going."

He went on to tell me his band's story. They were from Bellevue. Their manager was a local lady that took them on, I don't know if she had much of a background in the industry, but apparently the right connections had been made. If I remember correctly his mother worked for food services as a dietitian or something like that. He was so cute and so full of himself, necessary for success imho, but I thought, yeah right kid. Some housewife in Bellevue is steering you to world-wide fame. Suuuuuuuure!. I read glowing reviews about the concert soon after and within a very short time they did indeed go on to be HUGE. That little whipper snapper, now in his 40s - (scary thought - time flies) - could really saaaaaaaang. And apparently his foot survived!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Jan 1st 2012, 3:26 PM
Post #12

Haha! Interesting Geoff Tate stories. Am I the only one here who never met him? unsure.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 1st 2012, 3:41 PM
Post #13

Well congrats to the whole family wub.gif flowers.gif w00t.gif Queensryche is one of my favorite bands and I really hope that a vid of the performance comes out, I also heard that Geoff and James sang a duet, so I would love to see some video yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BrandoC15
post Jan 1st 2012, 3:47 PM
Post #14

Fav. Actress: Jennifer Lawrence

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Jan 1st 2012, 12:09 PM) *

Haley sure has a lot of Seattle area fans. I saw some on twitter the other day talking about the Husky game vs. Baylor. Tough loss. We had a party that night to watch the game. My son is a senior at UW.

Here is some Geoff Tate trivia. His mother worked at the same place I did way back when, yes I am dating myself. He wasn't that much younger than me at the time - he was 19 - but it seemed like he was to me. I was an RN and he came to the sportsmedicine clinic where I worked with stress fractures in his foot. I was helping him fit his boot and warned him that he needed to keep his boot on. He was a whippersnapper back then and told me "No way, man, we are about to have a our biggest concert ever. It will be our breakthrough. This is our biggest gig yet. I can't stomp around with that boot. It's going."

He went on to tell me his band's story. They were from Bellevue. Their manager was a local lady that took them on, I don't know if she had much of a background in the industry, but apparently the right connections had been made. If I remember correctly his mother worked for food services as a dietitian or something like that. He was so cute and so full of himself, necessary for success imho, but I thought, yeah right kid. Some housewife in Bellevue is steering you to world-wide fame. Suuuuuuuure!. I read glowing reviews about the concert soon after and within a very short time they did indeed go on to be HUGE. That little whipper snapper, now in his 40s - (scary thought - time flies) - could really saaaaaaaang. And apparently his foot survived!!

Haha, I was probably the Haley fan you saw tweeting about the UW-Baylor game. Keith Price>Robert Griffin III yes.gif yes.gif
& congrats to James & Heidi! & Hunter. He's so cute. wub.gif

This post has been edited by BrandoC15: Jan 1st 2012, 3:49 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Purchase Haley's album "Listen Up!" on iTunes!!! siggy credit: leeyvic
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 1st 2012, 3:50 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(stooch @ Jan 1st 2012, 12:41 PM) *

Well congrats to the whole family wub.gif flowers.gif w00t.gif Queensryche is one of my favorite bands and I really hope that a vid of the performance comes out, I also heard that Geoff and James sang a duet, so I would love to see some video yes.gif

They sang a duet?? Cool! I would love to know how the whole thing came about with Geoff Tate surprising them at their wedding reception. How amazing that must have been for them. Someone in his camp must have a connection to Geoff. Maybe Josh Klemme or even Dina LaPolt.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Jan 1st 2012, 3:58 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Jan 1st 2012, 3:50 PM) *

They sang a duet?? Cool! I would love to know how the whole thing came about with Geoff Tate surprising them at their wedding reception. How amazing that must have been for them. Someone in his camp must have a connection to Geoff. Maybe Josh Klemme or even Dina LaPolt.

Well I got the info about the duet on the internet. so take it for what it is worth haha.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 1st 2012, 4:20 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(BrandoC15 @ Jan 1st 2012, 12:47 PM) *

Haha, I was probably the Haley fan you saw tweeting about the UW-Baylor game. Keith Price>Robert Griffin III yes.gif yes.gif
& congrats to James & Heidi! & Hunter. He's so cute. wub.gif

hahahaha yes. I notice your favs now - Huskies. What about all of those recent firings? We like the Sark around our house, hoping he sticks around for a bit. Our oldest son is the third generation of the clan attending UW. Husky football days are big around here.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BrandoC15
post Jan 1st 2012, 5:07 PM
Post #18

Fav. Actress: Jennifer Lawrence

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Jan 1st 2012, 1:20 PM) *

hahahaha yes. I notice your favs now - Huskies. What about all of those recent firings? We like the Sark around our house, hoping he sticks around for a bit. Our oldest son is the third generation of the clan attending UW. Husky football days are big around here.

Sark will definitely be around for a long time. He needed to make those changes though. Our defense has been declining ever since we brought in Holt. I have faith Sark can get us a great defensive coordinator. We'll be dangerous next year if our D improves even just a little bit. Keith Price is just amazing. omg.gif omg.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Purchase Haley's album "Listen Up!" on iTunes!!! siggy credit: leeyvic
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 1st 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #19

LOL,
so that's at least two of us who knew about/of Tate from the area and our responses? "Meh" haha.gif
So unlike the stories of more famous Hair bands of the time...
Nights of debauchery on the sunset strip, drunken brawls, nightly sex Orgies.
QueensRyche were nice boys from Bellevue haha.gif

I posted on IDF at half time when the Huskies were ahead 11 pnts and prematurely gloated, knowing full well that the NW's history of championship calibre Sports Teams is very slim sad.gif
The Huskies didn't disappoint by blowing that lead thumbdown.gif
Holt had to go, during his tenure, the Huskies gave alot of games where they gave up the most yardage per game in Huskies' history. 777 total yard vs Baylor in a game Price scored 7 touchdowns...Almost biblical somehow.
QUOTE(Naira @ Jan 1st 2012, 8:57 AM) *

It was great of Geoff Tate to surprise them! thumbsup.gif

I bet this is exactly why Paul didn't attend. Makes more sense than he just wanted to spend time with family and blew it off.

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 1st 2012, 5:15 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Jan 1st 2012, 6:54 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(BrandoC15 @ Jan 1st 2012, 2:07 PM) *

Sark will definitely be around for a long time. He needed to make those changes though. Our defense has been declining ever since we brought in Holt. I have faith Sark can get us a great defensive coordinator. We'll be dangerous next year if our D improves even just a little bit. Keith Price is just amazing. omg.gif omg.gif

Yes he def had to go - D was bad news under him. Sark seems to have that spark - no pun intended. The kids seem to really like him and it does make a difference to have a coach you like and want to perform well for. That and he is good. I wish my younger son liked his fb coach more (would help if he was more likeable) - lol

BTW - your tweets were pretty funny. I am so used to women being the primary fans of Idols, but Haley, understandably, has a lot of male fans. She is gorgeous and sexy. But I always assume the fans are women for the most part so I did a big double take on a couple of those tweets - hahahahaha!!!

I'm hearing good things about Haley's album going the bluesy retro-soul route which I think is the way for her to go. I love the retro girls (the greatest being the late great Amy) and I think Haley will do well with it. Two weeks to a single and video? Bet you guys can't wait.

Happy New Year all - off to more celebrations in a bit.

Last post for the afternoon. Any Dallas James fans out there? This (big) Dallas station has been tweeting this about a private concert with James:

MIX1029DFW
If you or your friends love @DurbinRock as much as we do at Mix! Get your friends to follow us for an invite only DFW show! Details Fri! RT

https://twitter.com/#!/MIX1029DFW

Also, one last thought. Didn't James say they were in negotiations with a band that he would be blown away to tour with? Something about it being a big band - it didn't sound like it was one of the newer bands but rather an older 80s band. He said the guys even felt a bit intimidated. Queensryche???

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 26th 2014, 1:02 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol