Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sleepwalker was wasted by RCA!, discuss
LambertFever
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

In my humble opinion....

Fever is the catchiest potential single on FYE but I can understand why it wasn't released.("there HE goes...")

That being said I still am wondering why RCA didn't release Sleepwalker worldwide and give it a music video...I think that could have been the biggest single from the album!

I think Sleepwalker had better potential than both WWFM and BTIKM combined! I'm not trying to trash those singles but I just don't get why Sleepwalker was not released worldwide with a music video???

I know we are now on a new era but I feel Sleepwalker was a WASTED OPPORTUNITY and it still bothers me.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:25 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ssuussaann
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:45 AM
Post #2

Fever and Sleepwalker were the only ones I loved on first listen and I don't think that's ever happened to me with a song that wasn't POSITIONED to be a big hit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DerekMcG
post Dec 30th 2011, 4:16 AM
Post #3

That being said I still am wondering why RCA didn't release Sleepwalker worldwide and give it a music video...I think that could have been the biggest single from the album!

I think Sleepwalker had better potential than both WWFM and BTIKM combined! I'm not trying to trash those singles but I just don't get why Sleepwalker was not released worldwide with a music video???

I've always thought Sleepwalker had huge potential as a single as well. (Of course, I realize that it was released in Canada, but without promotion.) Since the song literally drips atmosphere, the music video could have been amazing. In fact, we got a taste for what might have been in the staging of the song during the Glam Nation tour.

I much prefer Sleepwalker to WWFM too---and I'm still shaking my head at the stupidity/ignorance of those DJs who were opposed to Fever (which I feel had the potential to be the biggest hit of all, and, interestingly, was Ebert Lambert's first choice)---but I do have great hopes for BTIKM.

--------------------
+Quote Post
adamspore
post Dec 30th 2011, 8:07 AM
Post #4

Fav. Adam Lambert

Love sleepwalker heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

love you more and more each day as time goes by.
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Dec 30th 2011, 8:18 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

IMHO, the production of the studio version of Sleepwalker was not good enough to be a big hit. However, Adam's live performances of Sleepwalker were always amazing. They might have to re-record it again if they were to release it (the new recorded version) as a single. Anyway, it's all history now.....Looking forward to the new music. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Dec 30th 2011, 8:25 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Dec 30th 2011, 3:18 PM) *

IMHO, the production of the studio version of Sleepwalker was not good enough to be a big hit. However, Adam's live performances of Sleepwalker were always amazing. They might have to re-record it again if they were to release it (the new recorded version) as a single. Anyway, it's all history now.....Looking forward to the new music. original.gif

I agree with you, the live version is incredible. And hey, that would be fantastic if at some point in time they really did a re-recording of it! yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
- Signature created by ♥JM♥
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 30th 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

Sleepwalker would have been a great single. Could you imagine the possible video for it?

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Crazyadamfan09
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:47 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

I was really mad when I found out they were releasing IIHy instead of SW. I think it could have been a huge hit and a possible top 10 on CHR.

--------------------
+Quote Post
frank1088
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:50 PM
Post #9

No use crying over spilled glitter no.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:51 PM
Post #10

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

QUOTE(frank1088 @ Dec 30th 2011, 3:50 PM) *

I totally agree... Onwards and upwards with Trespassing...

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Sage
post Dec 30th 2011, 5:27 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Dec 30th 2011, 7:18 AM) *

I totally agree with you. Even with no promotion, Adam had much more support in Canada and it went nowhere. I think if IIHY had done better in the US, we might have seen it released in the US but with the failure of FYE and the less than impressive showing of IIHY, I don't think RCA was willing to invest any more money in promoting singles and making music videos from FYE. I know IIHY did better in the northeast section of the US, and many insist that IIHY was a hit cause THEY heard it a lot on the radio but don't seem to realize that in some parts of the country it was never even added to radio and in some parts were played for a total of 2-3 weeks and then never heard again. So in the big scheme of things, it really wasn't that big of a hit and wasn't an overall big seller. That, IMO, killed Adam's chances of getting promotion for another single.

If it means they wanted to wait and spend more time and money on Trespassing, then I'm all for that cause I think, from Adam's excitement and everyone who has heard cuts from it, people seem to be more excited about this material than they were about anything from FYE. Sleepwalker was incredible live but I don't think it would have been the smash hit a lot of people thought it would have been. And there was no sense taking a chance on potentially another miss for Adam. Haters and those in radio who doubt him would have just used that as an excuse to not take a chance on him with the new material.

This post has been edited by Sage: Dec 30th 2011, 5:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 30th 2011, 6:33 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(frank1088 @ Dec 30th 2011, 3:50 PM) *

LMAO! I love you, Frank!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Dec 30th 2011, 6:58 PM
Post #13

Fav. Steven Tyler

ITA about SW. It would have been an amazing single. Would have pushed the album into platinum too blarg.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Crazyadamfan09
post Dec 30th 2011, 7:11 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

QUOTE(Sage @ Dec 30th 2011, 6:27 PM) *

I totally agree with you. Even with no promotion, Adam had much more support in Canada and it went nowhere. I think if IIHY had done better in the US, we might have seen it released in the US but with the failure of FYE and the less than impressive showing of IIHY, I don't think RCA was willing to invest any more money in promoting singles and making music videos from FYE. I know IIHY did better in the northeast section of the US, and many insist that IIHY was a hit cause THEY heard it a lot on the radio but don't seem to realize that in some parts of the country it was never even added to radio and in some parts were played for a total of 2-3 weeks and then never heard again. So in the big scheme of things, it really wasn't that big of a hit and wasn't an overall big seller. That, IMO, killed Adam's chances of getting promotion for another single.

IIHY did reach the top 20 on pop radio and sold over 800k downloads in the US. That's pretty impressive.

RCa doesn't tend to release more than 3 singles for anybody. They don't even do that with the big sellers like Kelly Clarkson and if they do, the 4th single gets very little promo. IIHY didn't do bad enough to not warrant another single.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 30th 2011, 7:24 PM
Post #15

What late night talk show was it that Adam performed Sleepwalker on?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sage
post Dec 30th 2011, 7:24 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Crazyadamfan09 @ Dec 30th 2011, 6:11 PM) *

IIHY did reach the top 20 on pop radio and sold over 800k downloads in the US. That's pretty impressive.

800K over a 6-7 month period is not that impressive for Top 40 these days and it took months to get it inside the Top 20 and was supported for a long time by select stations in certain parts of the country. I think it could have done better if more stations had supported it early on. Many stations only added it after Adam physically went to stations for visits during his tour, played it for a couple of weeks then dropped it. And those adds came almost 4 months after its adds date. Once it started dropping on the charts, it dropped like a rock.

The Tonght Show w/ Jay Leno.

This post has been edited by Sage: Dec 30th 2011, 7:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Dec 30th 2011, 7:25 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Dec 30th 2011, 7:24 PM) *

Leno

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi & Sig: Ashline
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 30th 2011, 9:39 PM
Post #18

That's right. That really could have been a jumping off point for RCA to release it as a single.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Dec 31st 2011, 7:32 AM
Post #19

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Dec 30th 2011, 9:39 PM) *

That's right. That really could have been a jumping off point for RCA to release it as a single.

You're right..It would have been wub.gif
If I remember correctly....Adam performed SW for Leno; because it was Leno's fav song on the CD.....
I think Leno really like having Adam on his show....hope he is on Jay's show again soon.....

And...wasn't SW the song that Aimee Mayo co-wrote too.....and she had all those crazy tweets ???.. haha.gif

Anyway.....wish it had been a single too blushing.gif sorcerer.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Dec 31st 2011, 8:36 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Dec 31st 2011, 7:32 AM) *

You're right..It would have been wub.gif
If I remember correctly....Adam performed SW for Leno; because it was Leno's fav song on the CD.....
I think Leno really like having Adam on his show....hope he is on Jay's show again soon.....

And...wasn't SW the song that Aimee Mayo co-wrote too.....and she had all those crazy tweets ???.. haha.gif

Anyway.....wish it had been a single too blushing.gif sorcerer.gif wub.gif

Me too! I love Sleepwalker. On the cd. On tour. On Jay Leno. My hubby's favorite song too!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 21st 2014, 2:09 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol