Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kelly Clarkson - A republican, Supporting Ron Paul as Republican candidate
Sage
post Dec 30th 2011, 5:12 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

It won't hurt her career. It's not that big of a deal. She's been pretty quiet since this happened the other night. She doesn't strike me as someone who wants to immerse herself in politics and didn't expect the response she got on Twitter for what was really an innocent remark for the most part.

Trust me as a fan of someone who has been perceived as really controversial, this is small potatoes and will pass.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 30th 2011, 5:12 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

kclarkson1323
post Dec 30th 2011, 6:35 PM
Post #42

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

Deluxe version Up to #2 on Amazon's movers and shakers list.

Up 442% Sales rank: 7 (was 38)

Up 800% Sales rank 4

Deluxe version now #4 on best sellers list.

Breakaway up 167% #4 on movers and shakers list.
Stronger Standard version up 157% #5.

sales are booming haha.gif

This post has been edited by kclarkson1323: Dec 30th 2011, 10:27 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
TV3: Cassadee| TV4: Danielle| TV5: Jacquie| TV6: Christina| AI13: Jena Irene|
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 30th 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #43

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

QUOTE(kclarkson1323 @ Dec 30th 2011, 6:35 PM) *

Deluxe version Up to #2 on Amazon's movers and shakers list.

Up 442% Sales rank: 7 (was 38)

Up 800% Sales rank 4

Deluxe version now #4 on best sellers list.
Breakaway up 167% #4 on movers and shakers list.
Stronger Standard version up 157% #5.

sales are booming haha.gif

This is great! I hope it continues. People freaked out over nothing, so I hope that it all pays off for her in the longrun

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Dec 31st 2011, 1:21 AM
Post #44

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

If anyone gets the chance, go read the reviews on amazon. Some of those Ron Paul fans are crazy but a lot of the reviews were uplifting and heart warming to read even though I'm not a Paul supporter myself. happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hero
post Dec 31st 2011, 2:16 AM
Post #45

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon

Hey, if the comments mean she has a big sales week... lol Do I agree with her political choices? No. But people need to realize Kelly is more than just what her political party is. Same goes for gay people. A person is more than 100% republican/democrat or 100% gay. as is kelly. she's 1% brunette, 1% not a robot, 1% humble, 1% supporter of gay rights, 1% empowering to women, 1% has an amazing voice. in other words, people are made up of sooo many different qualities. i don't understand how someone can hate anyone or turn their backs due to one single quality or 1% of what makes up that person as a whole. i'm gay and not a republican but am i gunna send kelly death threats? no. the only threats im going to send her is that she better do more rock on the next album! :-P

--------------------
X Factor: Emblem 3, Jennel, Jillian, CeCe
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Dec 31st 2011, 4:57 AM
Post #46

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

You Can't Win would be the perfect single right now. But with those sales increases, she kinda is #WINNING laughing.gif

Also, this Ron Paul supporter site are the guys who made the campaign to buy Kelly's album and make her #1. I've been reading through the comments and they seem like really happy people. lol

This post has been edited by Clarkson_Is_Life: Dec 31st 2011, 5:04 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Dec 31st 2011, 1:51 PM
Post #47

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. XFUK: Ben Haenow

Wow, great democracy we have going on. wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
09.12.15 - One Direction || xfuk: ben. jack. fleur. lauren. jake. stereo kicks. paul. only the young.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Drew
post Dec 31st 2011, 2:12 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Dec 29th 2011, 1:30 AM) *

How do you guys feel about this?

I'm so disappointed she is supporting Ron Paul...and I'm disappointed she's a republican. crying.gif I try to forget she's a redneck at heart, but I guess she truly is one of those stereotypical "southerners". ermm.gif

How about, Independent, non-brainwashed voter. If anything, that fits because she's supported Republicans and Democrats in the past.

--------------------
IPB Image
09.12.15 - One Direction || xfuk: ben. jack. fleur. lauren. jake. stereo kicks. paul. only the young.
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 31st 2011, 2:40 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(Clarkson_Is_Life @ Dec 31st 2011, 4:57 AM) *

You Can't Win would be the perfect single right now. But with those sales increases, she kinda is #WINNING

I agree. I think they should definitely keep "What Doesn't Kill You" as the second single and not rush out anything different, but in about 2 months....I think "You Can't Win" would be a great choice! Especially if "What Doesn't Kill You" blows up. yes.gif Kelly has had so many situations like this and if this one sticks around, as it seems it might for a bit, then everyone would completely understand the perspective AND people would relate and it might actually help people in their own lives yes.gif

This post has been edited by aifanatic100: Dec 31st 2011, 5:03 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Dec 31st 2011, 3:08 PM
Post #50

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(Drew @ Dec 31st 2011, 2:12 PM) *

How about, Independent, non-brainwashed voter. If anything, that fits because she's supported Republicans and Democrats in the past.

True. At least she's not stubborn and set in her ways...she's willing to accept any candidate that promises the best future for the country, whether he/she be republican or democrat. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 31st 2011, 9:04 PM
Post #51

IPB Image

This is just unreal. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 1st 2012, 2:54 AM
Post #52

QUOTE(kclarkson1323 @ Dec 31st 2011, 9:04 PM) *

IPB Image

This is just unreal. haha.gif

That's amazing wub.gif

I'm glad that she is getting positive things out of this. It could have very easily gone the other way sad.gif So it's very nice to see that she's got 3 albums charting high after all of this grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Drew
post Jan 1st 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #53

w00t.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Jan 1st 2012, 3:27 PM
Post #54

Interesting. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RidersDX
post Jan 1st 2012, 4:37 PM
Post #55

Fav. Person: Taylor Swift

I'm not really into politics that much. All I really need to know is that Kelly loves all her fans, gay or straight and all the other stuff, and that she puts out amazing music. It's cool that this is really helping her sales numbers though. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Heretic
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #56

I'm of a few minds on this...

1. I'm a huge supporter of Ron Paul. Any help from Clarkson to help clear up this nonsense about him being racist and homophobic is appreciated, because he absolutely IS NOT racist or homophobic. If some of her fans will take the time to learn more about his message of individual liberty, limited federal government, peace and a sound economic system then it can only help him and our country.

2. There are a bunch of bands who have based large portions of their careers around Ron Paul and promoting his message. These bands generally are ignored by Ron Paul's supporters, and obviously aren't appealing to non-Ron Paul fans. They are risking everything for the cause, and getting no support from within the movement. Kelly Clarkson posts a tweet and the entire Ron Paul community runs out and buys her cd. Instead of waiting for a celebrity to post a tweet, they could have helped make a devoted, constant Ron Paul supporter a star by giving them a hit single. Keep in mind, I AM NOT talking about my own band. While some of my songs are political, a bunch of them aren't...and while we've played a few political shows here and there, the bulk of our shows are just normal rock shows. There are bands that spend every single day promoting Ron Paul and his message and they are mostly ignored by the Ron Paul community because they aren't famous enough. I understand why it happens...but I wish that the community could get together to promote new stars instead of hoping some famous person happens to post a tweet. Just last week a pop/rock band took out radio ads and everything for their song about Ron Paul (his name is even in the song title) and they said that all profits would go to the Ron Paul presidential campaign and asked Ron Paul supporters to take them to number 1 on Itunes...and...they were mostly ignored.

But she did a bold thing by speaking her mind...and I'm glad that people came out in droves to support her. I listen to bands that are very liberal or conservative...I listen to bands whose members are christians and bands whose members are satanists...an artist should be judged on their art, not on what they happen to think about politics. There are exceptions (I wont watch any movie by Roman Polanski because he drugged and raped a teenage girl, and that is just WAY too wrong for me to support his art) but voting for a presidential candidate isn't a big enough reason to care, no matter who it is.

I'm happy and proud that she gave her support to Dr Paul!

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Jan 1st 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(Heretic @ Jan 1st 2012, 10:09 PM) *

I'm of a few minds on this...

1. I'm a huge supporter of Ron Paul. Any help from Clarkson to help clear up this nonsense about him being racist and homophobic is appreciated, because he absolutely IS NOT racist or homophobic. If some of her fans will take the time to learn more about his message of individual liberty, limited federal government, peace and a sound economic system then it can only help him and our country.

2. There are a bunch of bands who have based large portions of their careers around Ron Paul and promoting his message. These bands generally are ignored by Ron Paul's supporters, and obviously aren't appealing to non-Ron Paul fans. They are risking everything for the cause, and getting no support from within the movement. Kelly Clarkson posts a tweet and the entire Ron Paul community runs out and buys her cd. Instead of waiting for a celebrity to post a tweet, they could have helped make a devoted, constant Ron Paul supporter a star by giving them a hit single. Keep in mind, I AM NOT talking about my own band. While some of my songs are political, a bunch of them aren't...and while we've played a few political shows here and there, the bulk of our shows are just normal rock shows. There are bands that spend every single day promoting Ron Paul and his message and they are mostly ignored by the Ron Paul community because they aren't famous enough. I understand why it happens...but I wish that the community could get together to promote new stars instead of hoping some famous person happens to post a tweet. Just last week a pop/rock band took out radio ads and everything for their song about Ron Paul (his name is even in the song title) and they said that all profits would go to the Ron Paul presidential campaign and asked Ron Paul supporters to take them to number 1 on Itunes...and...they were mostly ignored.

But she did a bold thing by speaking her mind...and I'm glad that people came out in droves to support her. I listen to bands that are very liberal or conservative...I listen to bands whose members are christians and bands whose members are satanists...an artist should be judged on their art, not on what they happen to think about politics. There are exceptions (I wont watch any movie by Roman Polanski because he drugged and raped a teenage girl, and that is just WAY too wrong for me to support his art) but voting for a presidential candidate isn't a big enough reason to care, no matter who it is.

I'm happy and proud that she gave her support to Dr Paul!

I completely agree with your last paragraph. thumbsup.gif yes.gif

As far as the rest I am more than thrilled they are buying her albums. The political side of this is irrelevant to me I only care about how Kelly comes out of all this. I have nothing against Ron Paul and from what I've seen posted about him he seems like a good guy. It doesn't matter to me what you believe in or which party you support as thats people's own business and they should be free to express their own opinion.

When this all started I was really afraid it would go the complete opposite way that it has. I figured the media would run with this and Kelly's career would be negatively effected. Instead the media have pretty much ignored it and really outside of Kelly fans and some nuts on twitter everyone has brushed it off. I think a lot of that has to do with people knowing the type of person Kelly is and that she would never discriminate towards anyone. As I've said before I wish she wouldn't have tweeted her political views as that can get messy. However, she should be able to speak her mind and its certainly worked out well for her.

Bottom line I appreciate all that have bought her albums regardless of what their motive is behind it. I hope they continue to buy them, not only is it supporting their cause but they are getting a great album as well. grin.gif

ETA: One quick comment on your second paragraph about bands that devote themselves to support him yet get ignored. Its all about name recognition and people know the name Kelly Clarkson. Not saying thats right or wrong but its just the world we live in today, certain names carry a lot more weight than others.

This post has been edited by kclarkson1323: Jan 1st 2012, 10:43 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jazznbud07
post Jan 1st 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #58

Fav. AI3: Jasmine Trias

This should help her through the post-holiday sales decrease. haha haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
chrisnelson
post Jan 2nd 2012, 3:15 PM
Post #59

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI9: Ben

I am beyond appalled and frustrated with what over half of you are saying. Firstly, just because Kelly is endorsing a republican candidate does not make her a republican. Secondly, even if it she is a republican, big fracking deal. You act as if all liberals share the same views and all conservatives share the same views. I'm very liberal but I have considered Ron Paul as a serious contender for my vote. I'm also somewhat gay. I think quite a few of you need to grow up. God forbid an artist have different views from her fans. She clearly stated she supports gay rights, and also stated she basically has a lot of liberal values. Additionally, Ron Paul may be running as a Republican but I would hardly consider him one. He's not liberal, that's for sure, but he does have a lot of support from democrats and republicans. Grow up. I'm sure she doesn't give a rats ass what a small group of her fans think of her endorsements. She doesn't belong to us, she's her own person but I guess she can't win, right)

--------------------
IPB Image
credit: Allison/AVI:Ashleigh AI9: Crystal/Alex/Katelyn - Some things never change, for instance, the Adam Lambert forum remains the scariest place on earth.
+Quote Post
Dianafanz
post Jan 3rd 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #60

Fav. AI4: Jessica Sierra
Fav. Movie: How 2 Train Your Dragon

I am fine with what Kelly does politically. I do see the attraction that Paul has to a lot of people.

However, I do consider him a racist and bigot so he doesn't have my vote. He is a politician and has a history of vague homophobia and racism in memos. While most of the comments are minor.....with politicians trying to please everyone I can bet its 10x worse behind closed doors. I don't hold it against him, a lot of old fogie politicians are closet bigots (a product of the world they grew up in) so its not like its new.

The only republican candidate I would consider supporting is Jon Huntsman.

Stopping now before I get myself into trouble. ph34rwave.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 30th 2014, 10:59 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol